PDA

View Full Version : Does new Holy Sword work with handwraps?

Janitorman
08-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Has anyone tested to see if the lvl 14 paladin spell Holy Sword affects handwraps and unarmed fighting at all?

tfc_generalKMK
08-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Holy Sword
Evocation (Good spells)
Paladin 4
Components: Verbal, Somatic
Metamagic: Quicken
Range: Touch
Target: Self
Duration: 1 minute per caster level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
Cooldown: 3 seconds

Channels holy power to increase the effectiveness of your equipped weapons. Weapons you currently are wielding gain an additional +2 holy bonus to enhancement value and +1[W]. The spell also gives a +1 Competent bonus to the threat range and critical weapon multiplier of the weapon.

under the auction house handwraps are considered "unarmed" which in my understanding of the wording would mean it wouldn't work with holy sword as it is equipped weapons (although not specifying whether melee or ranged could open an argument for Handwraps working anyone from LAMA actually test this one way or another?

Janitorman
08-27-2014, 03:38 PM
I understand the wording makes it seem unlikely, but Deadly Weapons has similar wording in the description and works with handwraps if I remember correctly. Didn't have time to test and test server is down so was just wondering if anybody actually took the time to test it before it went down.

Alternative
08-29-2014, 11:18 AM
also interested in this, anyone tested?

guess nobody plays unarmed monks because of how OP they are

Dagolar
08-29-2014, 12:23 PM
Balance-wise, it's kinda a toss-up.

There's no functional reason why it wouldn't apply to handwraps, now that handwraps have [for a fair while now] been changed to function like other weapons.

On the flip side, you can't usually increase threat range/multiplier for unarmed, so that could be a notable boost to dps.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, multi-class conceptualization-wise.