PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Cove - need clarification on Lv 24 mats

Bingobong
08-26-2014, 03:17 PM
This is in the lam release notes:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Updated-8-21-14)

•Crystal Cove
•Euphonia's Barter Box now has recipes to exchange one type of Doubloon for another. The exchange is seven to one in any direction.
•New gems have been added to allow for the creation of new items. Opals and Malachites can appear in CR 20-23 instances of the mining challenge.
•Level 24 versions of Crystal Cove items are now available! The items also have up to three tiers of upgrades.

The notes say you are adding 2 new gems for CR20-23. I'm guessing its a mistake? We already have new 2 gems added for CR21-30 for lv24 item crafting. Its just that at the time, you only added 1 lv24 item (runearm). At the time, we were told that more CR24 items will be added in the future. It looks like that future has finally arrived, but the notes make it look like you're adding 2 new Lv24 mats. I'm assuming this is a mistake along with the CR20-23 range?

Seikojin
08-26-2014, 03:29 PM
Expect that to happen closer to when CC will be brought up.

Bingobong
08-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Expect that to happen closer to when CC will be brought up.

I would expect that its done already or it wouldn't be in the notes. Hence asking on clarification of what they meant. And also, if it happens to be a mistake, to give them time to fix it before introducing it on Lam.

MightyMe
09-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Yeah it would be a cruel joke to let people farm for lv 24 mats for 2 years only to make a new set of lv 24 mats when they finally add the long awaited lv24 items.

Oxarhamar
09-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Yeah it would be a cruel joke to let people farm for lv 24 mats for 2 years only to make a new set of lv 24 mats when they finally add the long awaited lv24 items.

New items new mats comes as no shock to me.

We already have Glass cannon yes but, this ddo is it not?

Bingobong
09-02-2014, 07:33 PM
New items new mats comes as no shock to me.

We already have Glass cannon yes but, this ddo is it not?

When the original lv24 mats were created and only 1 lv24 item was created, there were a lot of complaints and they mentioned that more will be coming in the future. That's why people were farming them for the past few years. So it really makes little sense to make new mats now. Also if you look at the notes, it mentions the new mats will appear in CR 20-23 instances, which makes even less sense since that means CR 24-30 will continue to drop old lv24 mats which has pretty well no use. I'd be surprised if the new mats is not just a mistake.

Whispurr
09-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Any chance someone from Turbine could comment on this?

Oxarhamar
09-04-2014, 08:34 PM
When the original lv24 mats were created and only 1 lv24 item was created, there were a lot of complaints and they mentioned that more will be coming in the future. That's why people were farming them for the past few years. So it really makes little sense to make new mats now. Also if you look at the notes, it mentions the new mats will appear in CR 20-23 instances, which makes even less sense since that means CR 24-30 will continue to drop old lv24 mats which has pretty well no use. I'd be surprised if the new mats is not just a mistake.

Doubt there is any mistake

Like it or not this is business as usual for Turbine

Those old mats will still make the old items so not "no use"

Edit:
Rereading the Dev quote in the OP the 2 new gems are not existing gems.

What do you think are the chances the Devs made a mistake posted info about new gems, have them a different level range than existing gems, and gave them new names?

Seams like a whole lot to be mistaken about all at once.

Bingobong
09-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Doubt there is any mistake

Like it or not this is business as usual for Turbine

Those old mats will still make the old items so not "no use"

Edit:
Rereading the Dev quote in the OP the 2 new gems are not existing gems.

What do you think are the chances the Devs made a mistake posted info about new gems, have them a different level range than existing gems, and gave them new names?

Seams like a whole lot to be mistaken about all at once.

The fact that the highest level content is only farmable at CR 20--23 and not CR 24-30 screams to me its a mistake. From the looks of it, the dev responsible prob didn't know about the existing lv 24 item and lv 24 mats. So he added them both. That's my take on it, yours is different. Neither of us know for sure, which is why I'm asking for clarification from Turbine and not you.

Oxarhamar
09-04-2014, 09:26 PM
The fact that the highest level content is only farmable at CR 20--23 and not CR 24-30 screams to me its a mistake. From the looks of it, the dev responsible prob didn't know about the existing lv 24 item and lv 24 mats. So he added them both. That's my take on it, yours is different. Neither of us know for sure, which is why I'm asking for clarification from Turbine and not you.

Just telling you like is it.

As I said before this is normal for the way turbine has always done things.

New items - new mats.

Update old items - go farm new ones.

Asking for Dev to clarify if it's a mistake or not is all well and good.

good luck with that.

Seams this time they may have left a space for higher gear and gems in your "problem" with the level range.

Bingobong
09-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Just telling you like is it.

As I said before this is normal for the way turbine has always done things.

New items - new mats.

Update old items - go farm new ones.

Asking for Dev to clarify if it's a mistake or not is all well and good.

good luck with that.

Seams this time they may have left a space for higher gear and gems in your "problem" with the level range.

Except there's no gear in that range right now. And all we're left with is the old lv24 mats. BTW, thx for keeping this up top for the devs to see. :)

Oxarhamar
09-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Except there's no gear in that range right now. And all we're left with is the old lv24 mats. BTW, thx for keeping this up top for the devs to see. :)

Your welcome,

Still leveling no gems in that level looks like future stuff is planned.

The Devs know some players like the event and many of those want higher level gear.

It would make sense to later make LVL 28 & 30 gear in Cove to keep players coming back.

Though this falls under the same catigory with every other new craftable item they give us more mats.

Suppose they did use the old LVL 24 mats how many players who ran Cove in the past might only go visit the barter box then leave never running the challenge?

the Devs know that they need to give us a carrot and with that carrot a stick otherwise we would just eat the carrot and move on.

Cordovan
09-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Yes, this was an error, the gems are 24+. It'll be reflected in the new notes that go up later today.

Oxarhamar
09-05-2014, 11:02 AM
So the error was the level range? Still new gems nice straight forward way to not answer to the question Cordovan.

Bingobong
09-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Yes, this was an error, the gems are 24+. It'll be reflected in the new notes that go up later today.

Thx for reply. :) So if the gems are 24+, then are the items added lv24+ or are they still lv24?

In cove, the traditional model was :
CR9-12 give lv12 mats for lv12 items
Cr13-16 give lv16 mats for lv16 items
CR17-cap give lv20 mats for lv20 items

There was also a bit of overlap at the boundary levels (eg CR17 gives mainly lv20 mats with a bit of lv16 mats thrown in, CR16 gives mainly lv16 mats with a lbit of llv20 mats thrown in).

Then after MOTU, we had :
CR17-20 give lv20 mats for lv20 items
CR21-cap give lv24 mats for lv24 items (only 1 lv24 item [runearm] was created with more to come supposedly)

(The cap as of last event was CR30)

Whispurr
09-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Thx for reply. :) So if the gems are 24+, then are the items added lv24+ or are they still lv24?

In cove, the traditional model was :
CR9-12 give lv12 mats for lv12 items
Cr13-16 give lv16 mats for lv16 items
CR17-cap give lv20 mats for lv20 items

There was also a bit of overlap at the boundary levels (eg CR17 gives mainly lv20 mats with a bit of lv16 mats thrown in, CR16 gives mainly lv16 mats with a lbit of llv20 mats thrown in).

Then after MOTU, we had :
CR21-cap give lv24 mats for lv24 items (only 1 lv24 item [runearm] was created with more to come supposedly)

(The cap as of last event was CR30)

From the new notes, it looks like it'll be as follows ...

CR21-24 give OLD lv24 mats for OLD lv24 items
CR25-cap give NEW lv24 mats for NEW lv24 items

They basically broke tradition in order to justify the new mats. For those who took their word for it and farmed old lv24 mats in the past, I feel sorry for you. Maybe they'll add a special exchange rate for old to new lv24 mats to ease the pain.