PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new 1750 Favor Reward

Steiner-Davion
08-21-2014, 09:30 AM
OK way back when when Drow were first introduced, we got the introduction of the 1750 Favor Reward, as a means to let non-drow characters (mostly created before Drow were released) to obtain a +2 Stat Tome so that they could be on par Stat-wise with Drow, which effectively had more build points then non-drow. It has been many years since and a lot has changed in the world of Stat Tomes.

Tomes are now retained through reincarnation, and are fairly easy to come by these days. And many characters have already used a full set of +2 Tomes or better. About the only thing that the free +2 Tome from 175- Favor is good for these days (As it is BtC) vendor fodder, as I don't even think that you can crunch that for Crafting ingredient since it is bound.

As such, I would love to see a more useful and meaningful reward offered for achieving 1750 Favor on any given Life. I personally do not have any suggestions at this time, but I do know that it is long overdue, at least in addition to the choice of +2Tome.

Tscheuss
08-21-2014, 09:56 AM
New characters still benefit from the current 1750 favor rewards, as do players who play alts on multiple servers. The binding status has no effect on converting the tome to crafting ingredients. I would not want to see these rewards removed from the 1750 favor achievement.

If it were possible for the dialog at 1750 to offer an additional reward option based on if(allStatsInherent >= +2 AND 32pointBuildUnlock == True), I could agree with that. :)

Krelar
08-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Why only change 1750 favor? What other total favor rewards are useful to earn after the first time? (I suppose the 5000 one is on par with the 1750 for now)

FuzzyDuck81
08-21-2014, 10:33 AM
Surely it can't be too hard to have a few extra items added to the list.. i'd suggest LR heart, a +2 skill tome (the one u get from the store & exchange for whichever one u want, to save space in the list), a few of the endless potions, a large (maybe 300) stack of commendations of valour, small stack (say 3) commendations of heroism & a stack of, say, 30 astral shards - all BtoC (except the shards) which is fair enough as favour reward you can get through multiple lives. I think that'd make something there for everyone while not having anything too overpowered.

Tscheuss
08-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Don't forget the 15k renown gem. Getting 1750 favor has to be on par with a heroic saga completion. :D

TrinityTurtle
08-21-2014, 10:46 AM
Sometimes people outgrow things. There's nothing wrong with outgrowing the general favor rewards and moving on without needing endless rewards every life. This game is already way overboard with the monty haul syndrome, I really don't want to see it go further with something like this.

Steiner-Davion
08-21-2014, 11:31 AM
I don't see why they couldn't add to the list. And I didn't mean to imply that I wanted the reward list replaced.

Seikojin
08-21-2014, 11:33 AM
I think favor rewards should be boxes, like raider boxes. Have a variety of rewards in there. I mean, have your tp for tiers, but for the milestones, a box with choices.

Gljosh
08-21-2014, 11:33 AM
Make it a +2 Tome, +1 Skill Tome, or a +1 to +2 Skill Tome.

Steiner-Davion
08-21-2014, 02:03 PM
I think favor rewards should be boxes, like raider boxes. Have a variety of rewards in there. I mean, have your tp for tiers, but for the milestones, a box with choices.

Not a bad idea, especially since it would give it new life with each TR life.