PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetic Bank

Steiner-Davion
08-20-2014, 11:39 AM
Now, that we have the Bag Deposit Box, and more Character Inventory, and Shared Bank slots, Can we get a Shared bank tab for Costmetic Items only?

LoTRO has the Shared Wardrobe, which is really handy.

Currently I do not buy much in the way of Cosmetic Items because while some look nice, if I have more than 1 that fits into that particular slot, then it take up valuable inventory space if I am not wearing it.

The_Human_Cypher
08-20-2014, 12:02 PM
Now, that we have the Bag Deposit Box, and more Character Inventory, and Shared Bank slots, Can we get a Shared bank tab for Costmetic Items only?

LoTRO has the Shared Wardrobe, which is really handy.

Currently I do not buy much in the way of Cosmetic Items because while some look nice, if I have more than 1 that fits into that particular slot, then it take up valuable inventory space if I am not wearing it.

I suggested earlier a tab on the Character Sheet called the Dressing Room where cosmetic items could be permanently stored and used by all of the characters on an account. This feature would be very similar to the Pet tab which currently exists on the Character Sheet.

JOTMON
08-20-2014, 12:48 PM
not a bank tab, needs to be more like the cosmetic pet inventory.

ninja'd

I suggested earlier a tab on the Character Sheet called the Dressing Room where cosmetic items could be permanently stored and used by all of the characters on an account. This feature would be very similar to the Pet tab which currently exists on the Character Sheet.

MadCookieQueen
08-20-2014, 01:07 PM

^This! This is WIN!

Steiner-Davion
08-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Either Option works for me. Now if it worked like it did in LotRO (adjusted to the limited number of cosmetic slots we have in DDO), I would be extatic.

But I'd be just happy if extra cosmetic items I was not using at the moment did not take up valuable inventory space, especially when trying to TR.

Playing the inventory shuffle to other Alts is only so fuch fun (menaing next to none).

Memnir
08-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Both ideas are fantastic - and would be a great addition.

http://i.imgur.com/FrW35q4.gif

TrinityTurtle
08-21-2014, 11:03 AM
I'd love to see something like this be put in. And then they might be motivated to make more cosmetics, and maybe there will be at least one that is BOHT not ugly or hooker gear. :)

The_Human_Cypher
08-21-2014, 10:31 PM
I had a discussion with a Players' Council member about this feature on Lamannia today. He put the Dressing Room tab idea into the official communication thread that the Players' Council has with the devs, so we may get to see this idea implemented soon. A tab on the Character Sheet like the Pet tab for cosmetic gear would be much more of an incentive to buy cosmetics as they could easily be stored and used by all the characters on an account.

Uska
08-21-2014, 11:14 PM
Both ideas are fantastic - and would be a great addition.

http://i.imgur.com/FrW35q4.gif

Now that made me hate the idea with every fiber of my being.

The_Human_Cypher
08-21-2014, 11:40 PM
Here is the link to my earlier discussion on the Dressing Room tab for cosmetic gear.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/433039-The-Dressing-Room?highlight=Dressing+Room

Silverleafeon
08-22-2014, 12:14 AM
Great idea, link inserted into the appropriate PC threads.
Thank you.

FuzzyDuck81
08-22-2014, 03:59 AM
Wardrobe tab would be nice... and if it's introduced I fully intend to have Goodbye Horses playing while i prance around trying out my outfits.

The_Human_Cypher
08-22-2014, 07:25 AM
I thought more about the implications of introducing an account wide Dressing Room tab on the Character Sheet for cosmetic gear after posting earlier. Other than the dev labor time involved, DDO may be reluctant to implement this feature as Turbine could lose revenue from making cosmetic gear which is presently available to only one character at a time available to all of the characters on an account.

A solution to this would be to offer two options when purchasing a cosmetic item: character bound and account wide. Choosing account wide would cost more Turbine Points for the same cosmetic item. All of the cosmetic items would still go into the Dressing Room but the character only cosmetics would be visible just to those characters for whom they were unlocked. DDO may have to grandfather in current character only cosmetics so that they remain character only under the new system.

Funcom's Age of Conan and The Secret World offer character only and account wide unlocks for cosmetic gear. The Dressing Room is a feature of The Secret World's Character Sheet for that game's many cosmetic outfits.

Shadow2024
08-22-2014, 08:18 PM
wow, i woke up thinking about making a suggestion like that

+1

I'm not buying cosmetic for this reason, but i definitly would with a bag or bank to keep them like that =)

Iriale
08-24-2014, 10:48 AM
yes, please. Either Option works for me.

odium1031
09-01-2014, 01:44 PM
I have another idea in addition to the cosmetic tab. Some of the randomly generated items actually look pretty nice. It would be cool if you could take those helmets/armor to the crafting hall and turn them into cosmetic items. You destroy the values of the item but gain the appearance. I've come across some nice looking outfit/helmet combos and it makes me sad to have to lose the look. lol.

Steiner-Davion
09-01-2014, 02:01 PM
I have another idea in addition to the cosmetic tab. Some of the randomly generated items actually look pretty nice. It would be cool if you could take those helmets/armor to the crafting hall and turn them into cosmetic items. You destroy the values of the item but gain the appearance. I've come across some nice looking outfit/helmet combos and it makes me sad to have to lose the look. lol.

I suggest you look at the Dev Tracker for the thread titled: "Mirror of Glamering" or log onto the Lamannia preview server.

odium1031
09-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Heh....well, late again. Though not as I envisioned it but close enough. TY. :D

The_Human_Cypher
09-05-2014, 06:18 PM
A number of players mentioned cosmetic item storage to Cordovan in the Twitch stream this week. Cordovan said that they had discussed this idea but had nothing to state regarding a Wardrobe / Dressing Room tab on the Inventory sheet at this time. I think the devs might have this for us by early 2015 if there are no technical hurdles which prevent a cosmetic item tab from being implemented.