PDA

View Full Version : Max Exceptional INT - is this still correct?

goldgolem
08-19-2014, 08:40 AM
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/338627-Exceptional-Intelligence-3

Realised I am running with only exc int +1 from rakhirs sash. Are there any other ways to get an additional +2 int? - easiest way seems to be upgrade my tod ring with +2 int.

I cant fit spyglass in atm due to running planar focus +3 insightful int.. (where else are people getting their insightful INT on?)

My best free slot atm is goggles

Varinon
08-19-2014, 08:50 AM
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/338627-Exceptional-Intelligence-3

Realised I am running with only exc int +1 from rakhirs sash. Are there any other ways to get an additional +2 int? - easiest way seems to be upgrade my tod ring with +2 int.

I cant fit spyglass in atm due to running planar focus +3 insightful int.. (where else are people getting their insightful INT on?)

My best free slot atm is goggles, but +2 insightful only goes on weapons...

edit: seems like colourless slots can take +2 insight bonus, anyone know where they come from?

A long time ago, there used to be a stat bonus type called Exceptional. It still exists today in +1 form. What you could do with it, is stack all different values, so +1 & +2. Because of this, they didn't want to release a exceptional +3 stat item, because that's not +1 over the old, but is +3. So when they finally expanded on it, they renamed all the 'Exceptional +2' items into 'Insightful +2'.

Don't waste components making a ToD ring that will give you Insightful +2, because there is no longer any exceptional bonus over +1.

goldgolem
08-19-2014, 08:57 AM
Damn! Thanks for the reply. I just checked my old upgraded tod sets and they are changed to insight! aargh

Eth
08-19-2014, 08:59 AM
A long time ago, there used to be a stat bonus type called Exceptional. It still exists today in +1 form. What you could do with it, is stack all different values, so +1 & +2. Because of this, they didn't want to release a exceptional +3 stat item, because that's not +1 over the old, but is +3. So when they finally expanded on it, they renamed all the 'Exceptional +2' items into 'Insightful +2'.

Don't waste components making a ToD ring that will give you Insightful +2, because there is no longer any exceptional bonus over +1.

In addition to this - the best way to get the +1 exceptional bonus is to slot a globe of true imperial blood into a colorless slot. This will give you +1 exceptional bonus to all stats. The alternative would be slotting individual +1 into slots which can be traded at the epic vendor in the twelve.
Exceptional +1 bonuses also still exist on ToD rings (nice for leveling before the globe can be used at lvl 25).