PDA

View Full Version : Melee Druid Questions

Zafaron
08-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Do melee druids benefit from increased weapon damage on their wielded weapons, such as the 4.5[W] from thunder-forged weapons? Or are they stuck with using reinforced fist items for more melee damage?

Does the +100% stat benefit from greater single weapon fighting apply to druids in animal form? I know the attack speed does, but I was less clear about the stat damage. Also, as a follow-up question, does the +100% stat benefit apply to the non-standard weapons/race combinations that don't use strength? For example a dwarf with throw your weight around, or a purple dragon knight with cormyrean knight training, or a druid wielding the flame blades which use wisdom as the primary stat for damage?

I'd appreciate any info, mulling over a druid tank build which uses single weapon fighting when it doesn't need to tank anything.

unbongwah
08-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Do melee druids benefit from increased weapon damage on their wielded weapons, such as the 4.5[W] from thunder-forged weapons?
I presume you're talking animal forms, in which case no.

Does the +100% stat benefit from greater single weapon fighting apply to druids in animal form?
No.

Also, as a follow-up question, does the +100% stat benefit apply to the non-standard weapons/race combinations that don't use strength? For example a dwarf with throw your weight around, or a purple dragon knight with cormyrean knight training, or a druid wielding the flame blades which use wisdom as the primary stat for damage?
It should, but I've not tested it myself.

droid327
08-18-2014, 12:30 AM
I'm not sure about your actual questions, so I wont vouch for anyone's answers...but I will say that, officially, no weapon style is meant to work while in Animal Form except for Natural Fighting. Its a bug that they currently do, and one which at "some point" will be fixed - so just be warned that your build may become substantially nerfed if you're counting on stacking multiple weapon style feat lines in Wolf.

That being said, if you're talking about shapeshifting *out* of Animal form "when you don't need to tank" and fighting in humanoid/elemental form, then that changes everything and SWF will fully apply, including racial/class stat-to-dmg bonuses. My PDK Swasher gets full PDK CHA bonus to her shortswords. But in animal form, I cant promise that SWF works fully, since its not supposed to work at all.

Rusty_Can
08-18-2014, 04:28 AM
Do melee druids benefit from increased weapon damage on their wielded weapons, such as the 4.5[W] from thunder-forged weapons? Or are they stuck with using reinforced fist items for more melee damage?

I presume you're talking animal forms, in which case no.

Afaik, they do from handwraps, regardless of monk levels.

unbongwah
08-19-2014, 09:14 AM
I'm not sure about your actual questions, so I wont vouch for anyone's answers...but I will say that, officially, no weapon style is meant to work while in Animal Form except for Natural Fighting.
It appears SWF is WAI (i.e., atk speed bonus applies, +200% stat dmg does not); TWF is the one that's been bugged since the U19 Enhancement overhaul. But it can be frustrating figuring out what is & isn't WAI when it comes to shapeshifters...