PDA

View Full Version : Update 23

thomascoolone64
08-17-2014, 12:50 PM
I heard Cordovan said Old toons from U22 will be wipped when lam comes back on is this true?

Erofen
08-17-2014, 12:58 PM
I heard Cordovan said Old toons from U22 will be wipped when lam comes back on is this true?
Does it matter? You can copy your toons from live or build a new fully geared toon in like 15 minutes.

Eth
08-18-2014, 04:13 AM
With the last lamma update some of my previous characters where gone, but I could just recopy my toons from live over.

It's likely they wipe again with the next update.

unbongwah
08-18-2014, 08:59 AM
Lamma gets wiped every time there's a new update. Just copy your char(s) from live back over and give it another go next time around.

Cordovan
08-18-2014, 09:26 AM
We've been talking about this and the current thought is to NOT do a character wipe for our Update 23 preview, coming soontm. The main reason being to prevent the need for people to re-copy characters, and perhaps regear. If your character was brought over for 22 it should in general still be in good shape. The Test Dojo should be a good resource to make up any deficiencies, as well.

Krelar
08-18-2014, 09:36 AM
We've been talking about this and the current thought is to NOT do a character wipe for our Update 23 preview, coming soontm. The main reason being to prevent the need for people to re-copy characters, and perhaps regear. If your character was brought over for 22 it should in general still be in good shape. The Test Dojo should be a good resource to make up any deficiencies, as well.

I'd rather have a wipe so I can copy my current character over and get a better feel for how he plays with the new changes.

Do you know if I delete the toon on lamannia will I be able to recopy? I seem to recall that with the old tool that wouldn't work.

Ryethiel
08-18-2014, 11:37 AM

A wipe might actually be a good idea. Many of us are probably stuck in the same situation that I'm in.

I copied a character over, but decided to delete him from Lamannia at one point. I went to go copy him over again, only to get the message that there's already a character on Lamannia with the same name and that it will be assigned a number at the end of the name. When I confirm it, it just wont copy over successfully, no matter what.

I recreated the issue with another character. I copied him over, deleted him from Lamannia, and tried to copy him again. That character got prevented from being copied over with the same issue. :(

N-0cturn
08-18-2014, 11:57 AM
A wipe might actually be a good idea. Many of us are probably stuck in the same situation that I'm in.

I copied a character over, but decided to delete him from Lamannia at one point. I went to go copy him over again, only to get the message that there's always a character on Lamannia with the same name and that it will be assigned a number at the end of the name. When I confirm it, it just wont copy over successfully, no matter what.

I recreated the issue with another character. I copied him over, deleted him from Lamannia, and tried to copy him again. That character got prevented from being copied over with the same issue. :(

Yeah, I am in the same situation and would appreciate a wipe.

Bladedge
08-18-2014, 04:32 PM
I were prefer a character wipe as well.

Have re-geared, eTR, lesser my charcters since the last time they were copied over.

Snarfels
08-18-2014, 08:05 PM
I were prefer a character wipe as well.

So you admit to being one of those folks too lazy to recreate your character on Lamannia, instead you want to wipe everyone elses character to save yourself a few clicks and a bit of personal record keeping. What about those of us who want to keep what we have already done? And obviously you aren't the only one who thinks this way. IMO they should simply eliminate the char copy from live to Lamannia altogether, and make players recreate from their own records. That would be fair to everyone, eliminate all the 'bug reports' connected to char copy , etc.

Perhaps instead of char copy, the developers might consider making a char build history printout available for characters. Then you could could do it YOURSELF on Lamannia.

Krelar
08-18-2014, 08:26 PM
So you admit to being one of those folks too lazy to recreate your character on lamannia, instead you want to wipe everyone elses character to save yourself a few clicks and a bit of personal record keeping. What about those of us who want to keep what we have already done?

What about those of us that don't?

You could basically say the exact same thing about people who want to prevent a wipe....

Snarfels
08-18-2014, 08:42 PM
What about those of us that don't?

You could basically say the exact same thing about people who want to prevent a wipe....

untrue. non wipe would mean fewer people would have to reconstruct. you want to redo your toon? fine, I shouldn't have to because you do.

hunzi2010
08-18-2014, 08:53 PM
Will this stay up 24/7 over the preview period?
last time I couldn't log in as it was advising me the world was closed.
I wanted to give it a test on some of my toons.
I have also re downloaded and installed in a totally separate are the lama log in.
just wanted to double check.

thanks guys.

Snarfels
08-18-2014, 09:05 PM
Does it matter? You can copy your toons from live or build a new fully geared toon in like 15 minutes.

Your forgetting the length of time it takes to build favor, even on Lamannia; and the benefits of that favor to your toon. You want to rebuild your toon at the expense of the favor you have or have not accumulated, that's fine; but why should I have to because you want it?

Snarfels
08-18-2014, 09:08 PM
Will this stay up 24/7 over the preview period?
last time I couldn't log in as it was advising me the world was closed.
I wanted to give it a test on some of my toons.
I have also re downloaded and installed in a totally separate are the lama log in.
just wanted to double check.

thanks guys.

I have seen times when Lamannia has been closed for updates, etc during a preview, its not common but it does happen.

merridyan
08-18-2014, 09:23 PM
So you admit to being one of those folks too lazy to recreate your character on Lamannia, instead you want to wipe everyone elses character to save yourself a few clicks and a bit of personal record keeping. What about those of us who want to keep what we have already done? And obviously you aren't the only one who thinks this way. IMO they should simply eliminate the char copy from live to Lamannia altogether, and make players recreate from their own records. That would be fair to everyone, eliminate all the 'bug reports' connected to char copy , etc.

Perhaps instead of char copy, the developers might consider making a char build history printout available for characters. Then you could could do it YOURSELF on Lamannia.

I could care less either way, but after reading this post (and others) I really hope they do a wipe.

ReaperAlexEU
08-18-2014, 09:36 PM
would be great if we could recopy a char at any time so we weren't dependant on a full wipe to be able to move our live char over.

Snarfels
08-18-2014, 10:01 PM
I could care less either way, but after reading this post (and others) I really hope they do a wipe.

let's hope they just wipe yours. how many hours have you spent in acquiring favor? do you really think it's fair to wipe all that out because some people want to try out different builds of a single character during a preview? Doesn't it make more sense to have that person redo their character instead of forcing it on all characters? You would wish that all the time invested by players be swept away for the benefit of a few?

How about the time invested in trying out the crafting system, there's no magic potion to grant full experience there. how would you suggest testing out the new system on Lamannia if we just wipe it all away every time?

Qhualor
08-18-2014, 10:12 PM
how about an option allowing some to get their character wiped and some that don't want their character wiped? is that possible or does it have to be an either/or thing?

Snarfels
08-18-2014, 10:16 PM
how about an option allowing some to get their character wiped and some that don't want their character wiped? is that possible or does it have to be an either/or thing?

seems to me that char copy has a lot of dependency on the chars name. what if char copy allowed (or mandated) renaming while keeping all the pertinent stuff? that way you could delete one and recopy to another name....

of course you might be able to copy a char from live and spend lamannia TP for a rename, and copy it again... and so on... and try several different build outs of the same toon simultaneously... might work... haven't heard about anyone actually trying it....

merridyan
08-18-2014, 10:42 PM
let's hope they just wipe yours. how many hours have you spent in acquiring favor? do you really think it's fair to wipe all that out because some people want to try out different builds of a single character during a preview? Doesn't it make more sense to have that person redo their character instead of forcing it on all characters? You would wish that all the time invested by players be swept away for the benefit of a few?

How about the time invested in trying out the crafting system, there's no magic potion to grant full experience there. how would you suggest testing out the new system on Lamannia if we just wipe it all away every time?

I hope they just wipe mine, it would allow me to re-copy a character. Your attitude in this thread is what prompted me to say that, maybe you should cool off a bit.

Did you actually spend time squiring favor on Lama? Really? Lama will be wiped (at some point), expecting it to stick around and building characters that you hope to keep indefinitely is very short sighted.

merridyan
08-18-2014, 10:45 PM

Could be possible, just requires dev time, which I think at this point they don't have an overabundance of it.

Many of the wipes in the past were done because the characters were not upgrade-able, so they had to be wiped. I suspect this will happen again when the cap goes to 30. But every update brings this possibility.

Eth
08-19-2014, 02:56 AM
The Test Dojo should be a good resource to make up any deficiencies, as well.

It would be helpful if every item was available in the dojo or at least more of the relevant gear at higher levels. ;)

Flavilandile
08-19-2014, 05:36 AM
Do you know if I delete the toon on lamannia will I be able to recopy? I seem to recall that with the old tool that wouldn't work.

IIRC when it was tested within the PC it was possible, but in some odd cases it didn't work. Now since that was before it was in the open, and since the web dev team worked on it after our feedback, it's probably worth a try with a few characters.

Personally that's how I'm going to update my characters that have evolved a lot since U22 : Delete them and try to recopy them.

Nascoe
08-19-2014, 09:43 AM
IIRC when it was tested within the PC it was possible, but in some odd cases it didn't work. Now since that was before it was in the open, and since the web dev team worked on it after our feedback, it's probably worth a try with a few characters.

Personally that's how I'm going to update my characters that have evolved a lot since U22 : Delete them and try to recopy them.

I am not completely sure, but I think at least at some point it did work. Pretty sure I have deleted and transferred one of my characters again when I messed up a lot with what I did trying the bard enhancements etc, although i am not 100% sure.

Cordovan
08-19-2014, 09:52 AM

The character wipe is done on the server, so it's not really possible to just delete certain characters given our current setup.

It does sound like overall there's community interest in doing a character wipe for Update 23. Would folks like us to do a Lamannia character wipe?

eris2323
08-19-2014, 09:54 AM
The character wipe is done on the server, so it's not really possible to just delete certain characters given our current setup.

It does sound like overall there's community interest in doing a character wipe for Update 23. Would folks like us to do a Lamannia character wipe?
Yes, please reset, ignore the people who want to use lamm as a live server, as some of us are locked out of lam due to character copy bugs.

Krelar
08-19-2014, 10:14 AM

I'd like it. Especially for this one involving paladin's. I have a good feel for how my paladin performs on live right now so being able to copy him over makes it faster and easier for me to evaluate the changes.

ReaperAlexEU
08-19-2014, 10:24 AM

yes please, my paly has new gear and i'm itching to get under the hood and tinker with the new changes whilst having a proper like for like comparison with live.

though i must stress i'm only interested in a wipe for lama, not for live :p (sorry, but it's all too easy to twist your quote to mean live too :) )

while the tools can't do this at the moment, would it be possible for some tweaks to let us delete and re-copy a char to lama as many times as we wish? no idea how much work would be involved in that, but it would be a great quality of lama life update

Seikojin
08-19-2014, 10:34 AM
I am fine with wipes for every push to lam. We can easily build and stock up our test characters.

unbongwah
08-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Would folks like us to do a Lamannia character wipe?
My suggestion would be either to wipe Lamma to start fresh OR fix character copy so if someone manually deletes an existing char on Lamma, they can recopy it over from live servers.

Psiandron
08-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Your forgetting the length of time it takes to build favor, even on Lamannia; and the benefits of that favor to your toon. You want to rebuild your toon at the expense of the favor you have or have not accumulated, that's fine; but why should I have to because you want it?

Favor... on Lamannia... Really?? o.O

I mean, to what end?

You have all the stuffz that accrued to your character from your home server when you copied. You can get all the plat and tp you could ever want just by asking. You know that it's just a temporary proving ground. Why on Earth would you favor farm Lamannia?

Personally, I'd like a wipe as I always like to update the lamannis versions of my characters with the newer live versions, but maybe I'm weird.

Grailhawk
08-19-2014, 11:05 AM

Lamannia character wipe, yes please!

Nascoe
08-19-2014, 11:35 AM
I would be perfectly fine with not wiping, its a bit of a pain to have to get new guilds going and restock the ship etc too.

But on the other hand, the characters i have on Lamannia now are bard focussed and its more likely I would delete most of them anyhow and port over some paladins and fighters from live to have a better comparison to work with. And as you can lvl a guild in less than a minute on Lamannia, get AS to buy and fully stock your ship easily as well as get most equipment you would want without much trouble (maybe update what you can get in the dojo, and make sure Thunderforged stuff is readily available somewhere there), I think a wipe is the better solution.

Delacroix21
08-19-2014, 11:47 AM
Ever since the Test Dojo got updated with epic gear there is no point in not doing a character wipe each pass.

Character wipes allow us to play the character we are playing now on Live, not the character we were playing 3 months ago (as more past lives and loot will have been aquired since then).

Conjured
08-19-2014, 12:09 PM

Cordovan no you should not do a wipe because just because SOME want to reconstruct there toons thats fine, but the rest of us shouldn't have to just because they do. so no dont do a character wipe because that will ruin it for me if i have to reconstruct a toon because someone else wants to..

Seikojin
08-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Ever since the Test Dojo got updated with epic gear there is no point in not doing a character wipe each pass.

Character wipes allow us to play the character we are playing now on Live, not the character we were playing 3 months ago (as more past lives and loot will have been aquired since then).

Cordovan no you should not do a wipe because just because SOME want to reconstruct there toons thats fine, but the rest of us shouldn't have to just because they do. so no dont do a character wipe because that will ruin it for me if i have to reconstruct a toon because someone else wants to..

No matter what, you will have to respect your character. So a wipe means nothing to your activites, however it does prevent bugs.

Phoenix-daBard
08-19-2014, 01:11 PM

I am for a wipe. What I have on Lamannia would have to be nuked and started over anyway. This way I can transfer and test properly.

Dragon.Star
08-19-2014, 01:13 PM

Yes please do a wipe

Vordax
08-19-2014, 01:30 PM
I am fine with wipes for every push to lam. We can easily build and stock up our test characters.

I agree with this, a wipe every update would be a good idea.

UurlockYgmeov
08-19-2014, 02:12 PM

Uurlock votes nope.

Drakestor
08-19-2014, 02:31 PM
Yes to the wipe, please.

Synthetic
08-19-2014, 03:45 PM

Yes, thanks.

Dhalgren
08-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Yes, thanks.

A yes to the wipe from me too.

DagazUlf
08-19-2014, 05:58 PM

Yes please.

slarden
08-19-2014, 10:44 PM
I would prefer a wipe

Kambuk
08-20-2014, 03:08 AM
I vote wipe

Kambuk

OverlordOfRats
08-20-2014, 03:36 AM
Please, may we have a character wipe?

Thank you

Eth
08-20-2014, 05:02 AM
Wipe only if the copy tool works properly ;)

ArcaneArcher52689
08-20-2014, 08:21 AM

So let me get this straight, you've invested boatloads of time into the lamm server... The test server that isn't even available 25% of the time. The server that you know they will eventually have to wipe(used to be every update until the character copy tool broke)

What benefits from favor are you losing that you can't purchase with sir poincealot?

Eth
08-20-2014, 08:29 AM
What benefits from favor are you losing that you can't purchase with sir poincealot?

Silver flame pots. Yugo pots.

Wouldn't care about a wipe though, but...
I like to test builds on lamma - really looking forward for the pally changes - but since I have to TR into a pally build to test that, I will lose these. Not to big of a deal just buy enough before the TR - I know.

What is really annoying though is losing all the flagging process, because I have certain quests/raids, where I prefer testing, that require flagging.

ReaperAlexEU
08-20-2014, 08:35 AM

I like to test builds on lamma - really looking forward for the pally changes - but since I have to TR into a pally build to test that, I will lose these. Not to big of a deal just buy enough before the TR - I know.

What is really annoying though is losing all the flagging process, because I have certain quests/raids, where I prefer testing, that require flagging.

hmm, what if you just maxed exp out for an epic reincarnation? that should keep your favour and flagging

edit: from a live char you've got all that unlocked on too, which i assume you have at least one of.

edit again: am i speaking out of my rump? do you get to change classes in an ETR? or what about an LR if there are +20 hearts of wood in the dojo?

Nascoe
08-20-2014, 08:59 AM
hmm, what if you just maxed exp out for an epic reincarnation? that should keep your favour and flagging

edit: from a live char you've got all that unlocked on too, which i assume you have at least one of.

edit again: am i speaking out of my rump? do you get to change classes in an ETR? or what about an LR if there are +20 hearts of wood in the dojo?

Eth does have a point with flagging etc to be able to jump into the action right away. And to an extend with the Yugo and SVF pots, although those can be gotten before a TR.

A TR is probably needed if you want to change characters you had been testing bard enhancements with for U22 due to the alignment restrictions on Bards vs. Paladins that are conflicting.

ReaperAlexEU
08-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Eth does have a point with flagging etc to be able to jump into the action right away. And to an extend with the Yugo and SVF pots, although those can be gotten before a TR.

A TR is probably needed if you want to change characters you had been testing bard enhancements with for U22 due to the alignment restrictions on Bards vs. Paladins that are conflicting.

it's a point that's got me thinking.

so you can keep your flagging with some of the reincarnations, not sure if you can change classes though (ETR doesn't mention classes on the wiki page) and LR is dependant on +20 hearts in the dojo

but if either of those work then all you'd need is a char on live that is flagged up with favour (level doesn't matter) that has a matching alignment. port it over, run it through a reincarnation and all is good

the swapping from bard to paly doesn't make sense though, as if you have a flagged up char on lama with a non-lawful alignment the wipe isn't going to mess you up any more than no wipe, you'd still have to reincarnate to swap alignment

for me the wipe is more about matching my live char with the gear he has. my plan is to run through my test quests with my char as is, then start messing with build tweaks. that way i can get a feel for how my live char will play with the raw changes before i start to investigate optimising. i know my paly on lama land is way behind on gear as i've been working on my paly recently on live.

that's my reasons for wanting a wipe. i get the favour and flagging thing, but i'm thinking it's easy enough to get favour and flagged on live so you can port a char over to test with. kinda assuming if you want silver pots you'll have those on live too :)

Eth
08-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Hm, LRs are actually a really good idea instead of a TR.
I might be wrong but I think lamma only had +5 hearts?
There are reincarnation timer resets too, so no big deal, but it would still be a pain to go through 4 LRs if you want to change your build completely.

But LRs don't help at all if you want to TR into a build that requires a certain race.

...and regarding favor: Forgot the most obvious one - Coin Lords.
The lammania store is still a super old release that doesn't let you buy the two additional inventory bags, so after a TR you end up with 4x20 inventory slots.

On the last release with the swashbuckler update I tested several different builds and had to delete half my TR cache.

Marupal
08-20-2014, 10:56 AM

Wipe please.

Grailhawk
08-20-2014, 11:25 AM

There are +20 Harts in the Test Dojo, along with LR timer resets, 2 back to back LR's is quicker then reflagging.

LrdSlvrhnd
08-20-2014, 05:43 PM
It would be helpful if every item was available in the dojo or at least more of the relevant gear at higher levels. ;)

The problem with that is lootgen - you can luck out with some really nice stuff. And of course, stuff that no longer drops (I have banishers of PG/Greater Good on several characters... good luck finding some of those).

What I'd really like is a crafting station where you could rebuild gear, which includes effects that still exist even if they're no longer in the drop tables, and can also include metal types, augment slots, and Wondrous Craftsmanship.

Of course, I'd also like the ability to re-copy characters that have been deleted. Not just renamed, but outright deleted. IMHO, that would be the best of both worlds between the "I want a wipe!" group and the "I don't want a wipe!" group.

LrdSlvrhnd
08-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Yes, please reset, ignore the people who want to use lamm as a live server, as some of us are locked out of lam due to character copy bugs.

Yes, I'd like a wipe. Alternatively, a *reliable* "delete and re-copy" method, since from posts it sounds like it may already be possible.

poltt48
08-21-2014, 01:22 AM
Yeah would like a character wipe to.

razzertothemax3
08-21-2014, 03:33 AM
Yes to the wipe

Rubix
08-21-2014, 03:53 AM
wipe please

Nascoe
08-21-2014, 08:48 AM
Hm, LRs are actually a really good idea instead of a TR.
I might be wrong but I think lamma only had +5 hearts?
There are reincarnation timer resets too, so no big deal, but it would still be a pain to go through 4 LRs if you want to change your build completely.

But LRs don't help at all if you want to TR into a build that requires a certain race.

...and regarding favor: Forgot the most obvious one - Coin Lords.
The lammania store is still a super old release that doesn't let you buy the two additional inventory bags, so after a TR you end up with 4x20 inventory slots.

On the last release with the swashbuckler update I tested several different builds and had to delete half my TR cache.

Hm, I think we did have LR+20s last time for several of the U22 test runs, but it might have been a dev spawning them, although I am pretty sure they were in the standard bags on the ground next to the reincarnate "NPC"