PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought could this be done 2 pally/2 monk/16 FS need some ideas

imblo99
08-14-2014, 10:32 PM
I have to rebuild an old FS I have that like level 11 now and for whatever reasons ended up using long swords so I was toying around in the planer and came up with this as a basic Idea. I thought I would post it and get some feedback and ideas how to improve this build but keeping the overall feel of the build intact. I was shooting for the whirling steel strike decent heals and mostly melee dps. I hope to have a effective blade barrier.

I could use some ideas on how to make this work. I was wanting to get away for long swords but I got this crazy idea in my head

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.20.02
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

SrSlizing
Level 20 Lawful Good Human Male
(2 Paladin \ 2 Monk \ 16 Favored Soul)
Hit Points: 264
Spell Points: 1310
BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
Fortitude: 22
Reflex: 20
Will: 22

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 20)
Strength 15 18
Dexterity 15 18
Constitution 12 16
Intelligence 11 14
Wisdom 14 22
Charisma 10 14

Tomes Used
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 15
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 15
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 15
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 15
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 15
+4 Tome of Constitution used at level 19
+4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 19
+4 Tome of Charisma used at level 19

Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 20)
Balance 2 4
Bluff 0 2
Concentration 1 3
Diplomacy 0 2
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 0 2
Heal 2 6
Hide 2 4
Intimidate 0 2
Jump 2 4
Listen 2 6
Move Silently 2 4
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 2
Search 0 2
Spellcraft 0 2
Spot 2 6
Swim 2 4
Tumble n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a

Level 1 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Sovereign Host
Feat: (Human Bonus) Power Attack

Level 2 (Paladin)

Level 3 (Monk)
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Dodge
Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Fighting

Level 4 (Monk)
Ability Raise: WIS
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Mobility

Level 5 (Paladin)

Level 6 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons

Level 7 (Favored Soul)

Level 8 (Favored Soul)

Level 9 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Combat Expertise
Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Acid

Level 10 (Favored Soul)

Level 11 (Favored Soul)

Level 12 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Spring Attack

Level 13 (Favored Soul)

Level 14 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Electricity

Level 15 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Whirlwind Attack

Level 16 (Favored Soul)

Level 17 (Favored Soul)

Level 18 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Level 19 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Fire

Level 20 (Favored Soul)

Grailhawk
08-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Looks like you want a melee build I would suggest this.

HBF: Weapon Focus: Slashing

M01: Whirling Steel Strike
M02: Two Weapon Fighting

L01: Maximize or Empower Healing
L03: Quicken
L06: Adapt of Forms
L09: Improved Two Weapon Fighting
L12: IC: Slashing
L15: Greater Two Weapon Fighting
L18: Master of Forms

Munkenmo
08-14-2014, 11:55 PM
I have to rebuild an old FS I have that like level 11 now and for whatever reasons ended up using long swords so I was toying around in the planer and came up with this as a basic Idea. I thought I would post it and get some feedback and ideas how to improve this build but keeping the overall feel of the build intact. I was shooting for the whirling steel strike decent heals and mostly melee dps. I hope to have a effective blade barrier.

The split could work, it's not really an optimized split so to speak, but in Epic Hard or less it'll work ok with amazing saves.

Imo it's a real shame to stop 1 level shy of FVS wings. Consider a 17/2/1 build, probably swapping 2 paladin for 1 fighter, you do lose charisma to saves, which will hurt your saves but you'll also gain another bonus feat and access to hasteboost.

Back to your build:
Your feat choices are fairly weak, I do understand sticking with longswords since they're a favored weapon and you benefit from them in warpriest. There is a very large opportunity cost associated though, being centred with does set you back 2 feats.
You've also gone for the whirlwind attack line, requiring 5 feats... That's a bad choice. Bad, really bad.

In total you've used 9/10 total feats for melee purposes, 2 of which you can't use simultaneously (power attack and CE), and despite a 9 melee feat investment, you didn't manage to fit in greater two weapon fighting.

Ce - Mobility - spring attack - whirlwind attack are not good feats for your build.
Dodge is a great feat, it's got a lot of enhancements that tie into it that will boost your dodge bonus even further, so it probably is worth the investment. The rest of the chain however is a trap.
Drop all those feats other than Dodge, that gives you 4 spare feats
In order to bolster your single target melee damage you really do need to pick up greater two weapon fighting, this will reduce you to 3 spare feats.
If you took spring attack for the melee AOE damage you could instead pick up Cleave & great cleave and still have 1 spare feats left over, however I think it's going to cost you too much in the long run.

You also say that you want to have a usable Bladebarrier, but you don't have maximise, empower to boost it's damage, nor do you have heighten or evocation feats to boost it's DC's.
At this stage there's 1 feat left + your casting feat Empower Heal:
Empower heal is a good feat choice for epics, but prior to them it's not overly useful, I definately wouldn't advise picking it up early (unless you're a radiant servant or are doing so because of BAB issues). If you swap out empower heal, that would give you room to fit in :
1. maximise & empower to boost your blade barriers damage,
2. Maximise + heighten to boost your damage and gain +2 DC (this dc increase costs sp per cast)
3. Maximise + spell focus evo to boost your damage and gain +1 dc (this dc does not increase cost sp per cast)

Once you get into epic levels there is an ability in Magister & one in Draconic that can boost your evocation DC's by 3 & 2 respectively, but in order to qualify for them you will need to have spell focus evocation, so Imo, Spell focus Evocation is of more use to you than Heighten.

When you get into epic levels, If you follow the feats as I've pointed them out, you'll notice that you could in theory qualify for overwhelming critical to further boost your melee damage, it might be a good idea. Alternatively however you could focus on wisdom and spend some epic feats on boosting your blade barrier further, Heighten + empower + mental toughness come to mind as a valid combo of feats.

Ultimately though I feel like even now you're still feat starved (largely thanks to longswords) I've not managed to fit in more monk stances, or quicken, or empower heal. The two feats invested in cleave and great cleave seem a little pointless to me, trash could be dealt with through your blade barrier, and for bosses there's the full two weapon fighting chain.

Hopefully all of that helps you to re-evaluate your feats on your 16/2/2 split.

Munkenmo
08-15-2014, 12:07 AM
If you do like the idea of a 17/2/1 split that instead of Cha to saves gets to keep wings here's an option:

http://i.imgur.com/X1Z1gPV.png

Swapping into earth stance would give you +1 criticals on 19/20, +3 con and +12 PRR
Swapping into water stance would give you +3 dodge and +3 wisdom.

I'd recommend water stance when blade barrier kiting, then swap into earth stance when you're casting divine punishment and melee'ing bosses.

imblo99
08-15-2014, 01:52 AM
The split could work, it's not really an optimized split so to speak, but in Epic Hard or less it'll work ok with amazing saves.

Imo it's a real shame to stop 1 level shy of FVS wings. Consider a 17/2/1 build, probably swapping 2 paladin for 1 fighter, you do lose charisma to saves, which will hurt your saves but you'll also gain another bonus feat and access to hasteboost.

Back to your build:
Your feat choices are fairly weak, I do understand sticking with longswords since they're a favored weapon and you benefit from them in warpriest. There is a very large opportunity cost associated though, being centred with does set you back 2 feats.
You've also gone for the whirlwind attack line, requiring 5 feats... That's a bad choice. Bad, really bad.

In total you've used 9/10 total feats for melee purposes, 2 of which you can't use simultaneously (power attack and CE), and despite a 9 melee feat investment, you didn't manage to fit in greater two weapon fighting.

Ce - Mobility - spring attack - whirlwind attack are not good feats for your build.
Dodge is a great feat, it's got a lot of enhancements that tie into it that will boost your dodge bonus even further, so it probably is worth the investment. The rest of the chain however is a trap.
Drop all those feats other than Dodge, that gives you 4 spare feats
In order to bolster your single target melee damage you really do need to pick up greater two weapon fighting, this will reduce you to 3 spare feats.
If you took spring attack for the melee AOE damage you could instead pick up Cleave & great cleave and still have 1 spare feats left over, however I think it's going to cost you too much in the long run.

You also say that you want to have a usable Bladebarrier, but you don't have maximise, empower to boost it's damage, nor do you have heighten or evocation feats to boost it's DC's.
At this stage there's 1 feat left + your casting feat Empower Heal:
Empower heal is a good feat choice for epics, but prior to them it's not overly useful, I definately wouldn't advise picking it up early (unless you're a radiant servant or are doing so because of BAB issues). If you swap out empower heal, that would give you room to fit in :
1. maximise & empower to boost your blade barriers damage,
2. Maximise + heighten to boost your damage and gain +2 DC (this dc increase costs sp per cast)
3. Maximise + spell focus evo to boost your damage and gain +1 dc (this dc does not increase cost sp per cast)

Once you get into epic levels there is an ability in Magister & one in Draconic that can boost your evocation DC's by 3 & 2 respectively, but in order to qualify for them you will need to have spell focus evocation, so Imo, Spell focus Evocation is of more use to you than Heighten.

When you get into epic levels, If you follow the feats as I've pointed them out, you'll notice that you could in theory qualify for overwhelming critical to further boost your melee damage, it might be a good idea. Alternatively however you could focus on wisdom and spend some epic feats on boosting your blade barrier further, Heighten + empower + mental toughness come to mind as a valid combo of feats.

Ultimately though I feel like even now you're still feat starved (largely thanks to longswords) I've not managed to fit in more monk stances, or quicken, or empower heal. The two feats invested in cleave and great cleave seem a little pointless to me, trash could be dealt with through your blade barrier, and for bosses there's the full two weapon fighting chain.

Hopefully all of that helps you to re-evaluate your feats on your 16/2/2 split.

wow thanks u have lots of ideas and i like the sound of the direction u are taking the build it is more what i have in mind but was not sure how to do, I was just messing around in the planner but it sound like you have a good grip on the concept I have a lot of info here i will have to sift thru its shame i have to give up that 2 level pally

The basis of this build are good DPS melee solid Blade barrier, I would like to save my wings and I seen the same as u on my weapon feats there lacking I really wanted Khopeshes I love to use them in guilds but the feat is a pain longswords are just not a great weapons so I tried to put some fun ands find a way to use them since I was kinda stuck with them this way I would have stayed centered I am just a bit lost on how to make this all work but i will go back to the planner and try to put some of your ideas to work and repost the build again and we can work for that I really need the help so thank u very much for your time.

imblo99
08-15-2014, 02:01 AM
Looks like you want a melee build I would suggest this.

HBF: Weapon Focus: Slashing

M01: Whirling Steel Strike
M02: Two Weapon Fighting

L01: Maximize or Empower Healing
L03: Quicken
L06: Adapt of Forms
L09: Improved Two Weapon Fighting
L12: IC: Slashing
L15: Greater Two Weapon Fighting
L18: Master of Forms

this wont work need prereq for whirling steel strike need combat expertise and spring attack

imblo99
08-15-2014, 02:43 AM
if I don't take whirling steel strike what weapon will I use to stay centered? that was one of there reason I went that way. with 2 weapon fighting I sure don't want to stuck using karmas. i was just going back thru the build trying to put in the new ideas and i realised now i seem to have no clue what weapon i am going to set this up to use :.(

imblo99
08-15-2014, 03:00 AM
If you do like the idea of a 17/2/1 split that instead of Cha to saves gets to keep wings here's an option:

http://i.imgur.com/X1Z1gPV.png

Swapping into earth stance would give you +1 criticals on 19/20, +3 con and +12 PRR
Swapping into water stance would give you +3 dodge and +3 wisdom.

I'd recommend water stance when blade barrier kiting, then swap into earth stance when you're casting divine punishment and melee'ing bosses.

How do i take whirling steel strike without combat expertise and spring attack

Munkenmo
08-15-2014, 03:02 AM
if I don't take whirling steel strike what weapon will I use to stay centered? that was one of there reason I went that way. with 2 weapon fighting I sure don't want to stuck using karmas. i was just going back thru the build trying to put in the new ideas and i realised now i seem to have no clue what weapon i am going to set this up to use :.(

1ap in ninja spy allows monks to be centered with shortswords.

The bigger problem is the warpriest tree.
As a Human Sov Host using longswords will give you +5 to a longswords enhancement bonus (it also means a +15 to implement spell power). Using longswords as a Warpriest is effectively giving you a +10 bonus to strength, then on top of all that is the t5 ability which adds: on vorpal your attacks gain 3d4 Light Damage on hit for the next 6 seconds.
(I'll point out, this is why I have a drow favored soul. Drows get shortswords as their favored weapon, so for 1ap in ninja spy, I get all the benefits of warpriest and being centered. At a net gain of +1 feat vs a human)

As a 2wf build, (1.4 attacks per second) it takes ~14 seconds land 20 attacks. That means, on average 6 out of every 14 seconds ( 42% of the time) you're dealing +7.5 light damage per swing.
I personally wouldn't be passing up dealing +5damage per swing for 58% of the time, and +12.5 damage per swing the remaining 42%. That's before taking into account criticals and debuffs you'll deal to enemies, making them take even more physical / light damage.

Imo sticking with longswords is a very good idea, but perhaps being centered with them is not.

The benefits of being centered offensively are:
- access to monk stances
- having ki for ki strikes.
- no annoying icon stating your uncentered.

If you go for the 17/2/1 build I proposed you'll make the most use of being centered. If you're not taking the monk stance feats I don't think you'll be losing a lot from being uncentred.

If you're uncentered with longswords, but still not wearing armor, or a shield you do keep:
- monks auto granted dodge at levels 1,2 & 4 (with 2 monk levels thats +4 dodge for you)
- monk wisdom boosts to ac TBH it's Quite a small bonus,
- monks movement speed granted every 3rd level. You only have 2 levels, so irrelevant to you.
- monks slow fall granted every 4th level. You only have 2 levels so irrelevant to you.

Imo with only 2 monk levels, base your decision on the monk stances, If you fit in the stances it's worth being centered. If you can't fit in the stances it's not really worth being centered.

Something else worth considering though, If you were to give up longswords, another option could be handwraps, their base damage would be low, and you do lose the warpriest enhancements, but as a wisdom build with handwraps you could have a decent stunning fist DC. It doesn't really sync well with blade barrier kiting, but it is worth mentioning.

Munkenmo
08-15-2014, 03:07 AM
How do i take whirling steel strike without combat expertise and spring attack

All you need is Longsword proficiency & Weapon focus slashing in order to qualify for Whirling Steel Strike (http://ddowiki.com/page/Whirling_Steel_Strike).

I think you may be falling victim of 2 seperate issues here:

Whirling Steel Strike (http://ddowiki.com/page/Whirling_Steel_Strike) and Whirlwind attack (http://ddowiki.com/page/Whirlwind_Attack) are two similarly named, but completely unrelated seperate feats.
There is a bug with Rons character planner, it isn't properly counting the sovereign host feat as an elligible pre-req.

The 17/2/1 split will be eligible for WSS by level 3, you could make a new vet status character to quickly prove it too.

imblo99
08-15-2014, 03:40 AM
ok this is getting closer

SrSlizing
Level 20 Lawful Neutral Human Male
(1 Fighter \ 2 Monk \ 17 Favored Soul)
Hit Points: 262
Spell Points: 1422
BAB: 14\14\19\24
Fortitude: 18
Reflex: 17
Will: 20

(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 20)
Strength 15 20
Dexterity 14 18
Constitution 12 16
Intelligence 10 14
Wisdom 16 24
Charisma 10 14

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
+4 Tome of Strength used at level 15
+4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 15
+4 Tome of Constitution used at level 15
+4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 15
+4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 15
+4 Tome of Charisma used at level 15
+5 Tome of Strength used at level 20

Skills (Level 1) (Level 20)
Balance 3.5 14
Bluff 0 2
Concentration 3 25.5
Diplomacy 0 2
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 0 2
Heal 4 18.5
Hide 2 4
Intimidate 0 2
Jump 2 9
Listen 3 7
Move Silently 2 4
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 2
Search 0 2
Spellcraft 0 7
Spot 3 8
Swim 2 5
Tumble 3 5
Use Magic Device 2 13

Level 1 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Human Bonus) Dodge
Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell

Level 2 (Favored Soul)

Level 3 (Monk)
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting

Level 4 (Monk)

Level 5 (Favored Soul)

Level 6 (Favored Soul)

Level 7 (Favored Soul)

Level 8 (Favored Soul)

Level 9 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell

Level 10 (Favored Soul)

Level 11 (Favored Soul)

Level 12 (Favored Soul)

Level 13 (Favored Soul)

Level 14 (Favored Soul)

Level 15 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Level 16 (Favored Soul)

Level 17 (Favored Soul)

Level 18 (Favored Soul)

Level 19 (Favored Soul)

Level 20 (Favored Soul)

imblo99
08-15-2014, 03:44 AM
I know I got to go back and find where things went wrong on my skill points the fighter level messed that up some how and they would not even up after that but this is getting there bu there was no way to take whirling steel strike where u had it without prereq's

Munkenmo
08-15-2014, 03:58 AM
I know I got to go back and find where things went wrong on my skill points the fighter level messed that up some how and they would not even up after that but this is getting there bu there was no way to take whirling steel strike where u had it without prereq's

I'll quote myself:

All you need is Longsword proficiency & Weapon focus slashing in order to qualify for Whirling Steel Strike (http://ddowiki.com/page/Whirling_Steel_Strike).

Whirling Steel Strike (http://ddowiki.com/page/Whirling_Steel_Strike) and Whirlwind attack (http://ddowiki.com/page/Whirlwind_Attack) are two similarly named, but completely unrelated seperate feats.
There is a bug with Rons character planner, it isn't properly counting the sovereign host feat as an elligible pre-req.

The 17/2/1 split will be eligible for WSS by level 3, you could make a new vet status character to quickly prove it too.

Specifically, In rons character planner, click on the feat Whirling Steel Strike when it's Greyed out, and have a look at the description and pre-reqs box in the bottom left corner:
The character planner is looking for the Feat : Favored by the sovereign host. This is what the feat used to be called, back before the enhancement pass was made last year.

At level 1 check the Favored feat you take: Follower of the Sovereign host. This is what it's called now, and Ron updated this feats name accordingly. He didn't update whirling steel strike to check for the new name though, so as far as the character planner is concerned: It is looking for a pre-requisite feat that no longer exists.

On the live servers it will work perfectly and you will be able to take Whirling Steel Strike, like I said earlier though, On Rons Character planner there is a bug.

imblo99
08-15-2014, 04:00 AM
Here I extend it out thru 28 epic real close to what u wanted I still have to fix the skill points but almost got it what do u think

SrSlizing
Level 28 Lawful Neutral Human Male
(1 Fighter \ 2 Monk \ 17 Favored Soul \ 8 Epic)
Hit Points: 366
Spell Points: 2343
Fortitude: 18
Reflex: 17
Will: 21

(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 28)
Strength 15 21
Dexterity 14 18
Constitution 12 16
Intelligence 10 14
Wisdom 16 26
Charisma 10 14

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
+4 Tome of Strength used at level 15
+4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 15
+4 Tome of Constitution used at level 15
+4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 15
+4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 15
+4 Tome of Charisma used at level 15
+5 Tome of Strength used at level 20
+5 Tome of Wisdom used at level 28

Skills (Level 1) (Level 28)
Balance 3.5 22
Bluff 0 10
Concentration 3 33.5
Diplomacy 0 10
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 0 10
Heal 4 27.5
Hide 2 12
Intimidate 0 10
Jump 2 17
Listen 3 16
Move Silently 2 12
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 10
Search 0 10
Spellcraft 0 15
Spot 3 17
Swim 2 13
Tumble 3 13
Use Magic Device 2 21

Level 1 (Favored Soul)

Level 2 (Favored Soul)

Level 3 (Monk)

Level 4 (Monk)

Level 5 (Favored Soul)

Level 6 (Favored Soul)

Level 7 (Favored Soul)

Level 8 (Favored Soul)

Level 9 (Favored Soul)

Level 10 (Favored Soul)

Level 11 (Favored Soul)

Level 12 (Favored Soul)

Level 13 (Favored Soul)

Level 14 (Favored Soul)

Level 15 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Level 16 (Favored Soul)

Level 17 (Favored Soul)

Level 18 (Favored Soul)

Level 19 (Favored Soul)

Level 20 (Favored Soul)

Level 21 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Spell Focus: Evocation

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Blinding Speed

Level 28 (Epic)

imblo99
08-15-2014, 04:06 AM
I'll quote myself:

Ah man all that work man I messed this all up now I have to start all over ;-( ok I am done for tonight! I will work on this more tomorrow it 4 am here now. I never caught that. What a drag! Would it work the way I did this anyway or would this be total trash just wondering?

Munkenmo
08-15-2014, 04:15 AM
Ah man all that work man I messed this all up now I have to start all over ;-( ok I am done for tonight! I will work on this more tomorrow it 4 am here now. I never caught that. What a drag! Would it work the way I did this anyway or would this be total trash just wondering?

Your new build is wasting all those feats on Whirlwind attack again. ><

Overall It looks slightly better than the previous iteration, but due to taking Whirlwind Attack, the improvement isn't much.

In the character planner datafiles folder, open up the Featsfile.txt document.

press control f
look for
Favored by the Sovereign Host

Replace it with
Follower of the Sovereign Host

Save the document, open up the character planner, and you'll have fixed the bug that's bothering you.

imblo99
08-15-2014, 04:21 AM

I see now I wont be able to plan this out the planner wont let me add the feat but at lang as it not a prereq for anything else I hope I can leave the feat blank

Munkenmo
08-15-2014, 04:25 AM
Our posts our out of sync because I've been editing, I just edited that previous post to let you know how to fix the bug.

In the character planner datafiles folder, open up the Featsfile.txt document.

press control f
look for
Favored by the Sovereign Host

Replace it with
Follower of the Sovereign Host

Save the document, open up the character planner, and you'll have fixed the bug that's bothering you.

imblo99
08-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Our posts our out of sync because I've been editing, I just edited that previous post to let you know how to fix the bug.

Thanks that was a big help I have had to run this thru the planer so many times by now it making crazy hopefully this will be last and final.

I do wonder why hey changes the starting stats 15 dex is needed and at lest 10 int help on skill point so when i tried other of the other runs thru it blacked on of my feats again was there some reason to want to start with 11 chr?

imblo99
08-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Ok I fixed my planner re-did my build this time I made the build 100% tome optional. The toon I am rebuilding already has a +2 tome set so that was left in. I wanted to see if it was possible this way I would have time to see how the build works out and how well I like it and invest tomes as I see fit. I thought I might just run this to 20 and tr too so this way the build is left wide open

I would appreciate any additional feedback before I rebuild me toon so any last min ideas as to how to maximise this build. Ideas on where place tomes, better skill point disbursement any tweaks that would be better

Ok thanks to all tried help me turn a concept into a build without all your help this would not have been possible

I think this should be ready for me to give a go of it

SrSlizing
Level 28 Lawful Neutral Human Male
(1 Fighter \ 2 Monk \ 17 Favored Soul \ 8 Epic)
Hit Points: 338
Spell Points: 2309
Fortitude: 17
Reflex: 16
Will: 19

(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 28)
Strength 15 17
Dexterity 15 17
Constitution 12 14
Intelligence 10 12
Wisdom 15 23
Charisma 10 12

Tomes Used

Skills (Level 1) (Level 28)
Balance 2 17
Bluff 0 9
Concentration 4 31
Diplomacy 0 9
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 0 9
Heal 4 26
Hide 2 11
Intimidate 0 9
Jump 4 19
Listen 2 14
Move Silently 2 11
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 9
Search 0 9
Spellcraft 1 18
Spot 2 14
Swim 2 11
Tumble n/a 12
Use Magic Device 2 20

Level 1 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Concentration (+3)
Skill: Heal (+2)
Skill: Jump (+2)
Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+2)

Level 2 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Concentration (+1)
Skill: Heal (+1)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+0.5)

Level 3 (Monk)
Skill: Balance (+3)
Skill: Jump (+1)
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Whirling Steel Strike

Level 4 (Monk)
Skill: Balance (+1)
Skill: Tumble (+1)

Level 5 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Balance (+0.5)

Level 6 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Adept of Forms

Level 7 (Favored Soul)

Level 8 (Favored Soul)

Level 9 (Favored Soul)

Level 10 (Favored Soul)

Level 11 (Favored Soul)

Level 12 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons

Level 13 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)

Level 14 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+1.5)

Level 15 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Level 16 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Concentration (+2)

Level 17 (Favored Soul)

Level 18 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Master of Forms

Level 19 (Favored Soul)

Level 20 (Favored Soul)

Level 21 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Spell Focus: Evocation

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Blinding Speed

Level 28 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Elusive Target

Munkenmo
08-15-2014, 07:30 PM
Ok I fixed my planner re-did my build this time I made the build 100% tome optional. The toon I am rebuilding already has a +2 tome set so that was left in. I wanted to see if it was possible this way I would have time to see how the build works out and how well I like it and invest tomes as I see fit. I thought I might just run this to 20 and tr too so this way the build is left wide open

I would appreciate any additional feedback before I rebuild me toon so any last min ideas as to how to maximise this build. Ideas on where place tomes, better skill point disbursement any tweaks that would be better

I think your starting stats look perfect when factoring in your tomes, knowing that you've only got +2 tomes is helpful, in your first post you had +3's and +4's shown.

Because it's an LR it doesn't really matter, but I will point out for future reference:
since you're starting with 15dex it will mean you can pick up 2wf straight away. If you're making a build like this again with 15starting you could pick up 2wf at level 1, and use your second monk bonus feat on dodge instead.

That aside, your feats look good now, Imo your skills prioritization needs a little little work.

I'd Prioritize them like this - 1rank in tumble > max possible UMD > max possible Spellcraft > heal > spot/concentration (I value spot because I hate not being able to see invis enemies) > everything else.

imblo99
08-15-2014, 07:49 PM
ok I did some more tweaking here a what I thought my 11 enhancement would be I was not sure if I would be focusing on the warpriest line or the angel of vengeance. I picked u the 1 ninja spy like the 1 poster suggested for shots swords I thought that since i don't have oversized weapons feat that short swords would make a nice off hand weapon and I do have a sun blade or 2 around

SrSlizing
Level 11 Lawful Neutral Human Male
(2 Monk \ 9 Favored Soul)
Hit Points: 155
Spell Points: 648
BAB: 7\7\12
Fortitude: 11
Reflex: 12
Will: 14

(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 11)
Strength 15 17
Dexterity 15 17
Constitution 12 14
Intelligence 10 12
Wisdom 15 20
Charisma 10 14

Tomes Used

Skills (Level 1) (Level 11)
Balance 2 11
Bluff 0 3
Concentration 4 15
Diplomacy 0 3
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 0 3
Heal 4 13
Hide 2 4
Intimidate 0 4
Jump 4 10
Listen 2 6
Move Silently 2 4
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 2
Search 0 2
Spellcraft 1 6
Spot 2 6
Swim 2 5
Tumble n/a 6
Use Magic Device 2 10

Level 1 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Concentration (+3)
Skill: Heal (+2)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+2)

Level 2 (Favored Soul)

Level 3 (Monk)
Skill: Balance (+3)
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Whirling Steel Strike

Level 4 (Monk)
Skill: Tumble (+1)

Level 5 (Favored Soul)

Level 6 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Adept of Forms

Level 7 (Favored Soul)

Level 8 (Favored Soul)

Level 9 (Favored Soul)

Level 10 (Favored Soul)

Level 11 (Favored Soul)
Enhancement: Human - Human Versatility: Attack Boost (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Human Adaptability: Charisma (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Human Versatility: Skill Boost (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Human Adaptability: Wisdom (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Athletic (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Improved Recovery (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Don't Count Me Out (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Focused (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Ambidexterity (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Skill Mastery (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Heroism (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Greater Heroism (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Smite Foe (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Resilience of Battle (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Sanctuary (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Righteous Weapons (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Sacred Touch (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Charisma (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Ninja Training (Rank 1)

Munkenmo
08-15-2014, 07:53 PM
Here's exactly how I'd make the build with your tomes:

http://i.imgur.com/Jl2PsL9.png

http://i.imgur.com/Xk3fFWq.png

You'll notice I've got 0 ranks in jump : You've got the ability to be centered as a monk, get a set of Jidz-Tet ka (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Jidz-Tet%27ka) Bracers from the sentinals quest chain, when you have those equipped and are in wind stance you'll get a +10 buff to jump that stacks with items / Jump spell.
These bracers also give +25% heal amp when in fire stance, so if you're finding sp to be an issue in the lower levels, those bracers will really make your self healing much more effective.

I don't think balance is that important to you, FVS have fairly good saves progression, and you will most likely be blade barrier kiting quite often rather than meleeing, then when you are meleeing, you'll be able to soundburst mobs to make them helpless before fighting them anyway.

imblo99
08-15-2014, 08:04 PM
I think your starting stats look perfect when factoring in your tomes, knowing that you've only got +2 tomes is helpful, in your first post you had +3's and +4's shown.

Because it's an LR it doesn't really matter, but I will point out for future reference:
since you're starting with 15dex it will mean you can pick up 2wf straight away. If you're making a build like this again with 15starting you could pick up 2wf at level 1, and use your second monk bonus feat on dodge instead.

That aside, your feats look good now, Imo your skills prioritization needs a little little work.

I'd Prioritize them like this - 1rank in tumble > max possible UMD > max possible Spellcraft > heal > spot/concentration (I value spot because I hate not being able to see invis enemies) > everything else.

also then I should pick up spot on the monk levels too as it again is a one point spend

Ya I knew that having 15 dex was needed for 2WF and 17 for ITWF I think. I dont know if it was bug or what when i started with 14 dex and added a +1 tomb the planner was giving me trouble so I just changes out the starting stats but truthfully I have had to redo this so many times at one point I think a forgot my name LOL

I took tumble when it was a monk level so it was a one point spend. so where if at all do I add balance for some reason in my mind i thought there was some reason u need 8 balance with monk levels I maybe confusing it as i have had to rebuild all my toons my brain is a bit scramble from all the time in the forum or planner

imblo99
08-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Here's exactly how I'd make the build with your tomes:

http://i.imgur.com/Jl2PsL9.png

http://i.imgur.com/khPJOfI.png

You'll notice I've got 0 ranks in jump : You've got the ability to be centered as a monk, get a set of Jidz-Tet ka (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Jidz-Tet%27ka) Bracers from the sentinals quest chain, when you have those equipped and are in wind stance you'll get a +10 buff to jump that stacks with items / Jump spell.
These bracers also give +25% heal amp when in fire stance, so if you're finding sp to be an issue in the lower levels, those bracers will really make your self healing much more effective.

I don't think balance is that important to you, FVS have fairly good saves progression, and you will most likely be blade barrier kiting quite often rather than meleeing, then when you are meleeing, you'll be able to soundburst mobs to make them helpless before fighting them anyway.

Ya that set of bracers is standard items for every monk built then lates epic versions, I have a few of them and i just got a set from a vender I just need to upgrade so we are cool there

I have the equilibrium outfit as well too bad I have to get a level to use the outfit

I did just get a some good deals on a +2 to +3 wis upgrades tomb, +2 to +3 con, +2 to +3 str and a +2 to 3 dex on the ah so I will add that to the build as well. I am sure I find the other 2 before long. I don't plan on +4's they seem to jump up in price and they can wait till 15 level I will have to find a too good to pass up deal for those.

So I will run thru the build one more time in the planner and make your recommended changes, my desktop has so many builds on soon I wont find the desktop anymore LOL

OH soundburst that bring up this question I seen many say to take a rank or perform end on non bard build is that true

Thanks again for your help seems I would have never got this close to right without your time and effort

imblo99
08-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Ya that set of bracers is standard items for every monk built then lates epic versions, I have a few of them and i just got a set from a vender I just need to upgrade so we are cool there

I have the equilibrium outfit as well too bad I have to get a level to use the outfit

I did just get a some good deals on a +2 to +3 wis upgrades tomb, +2 to +3 con, +2 to +3 str and a +2 to 3 dex on the ah so I will add that to the build as well. I am sure I find the other 2 before long. I don't plan on +4's they seem to jump up in price and they can wait till 15 level I will have to find a too good to pass up deal for those.

So I will run thru the build one more time in the planner and make your recommended changes, my desktop has so many builds on soon I wont find the desktop anymore LOL

OH soundburst that bring up this question I seen many say to take a rank or perform end on non bard build is that true

Thanks again for your help seems I would have never got this close to right without your time and effort

Ok last but not least would be a spell list I am building him now and it been a long time since I player a FS I would need a good idea on spells thru 11th level of this build

If anyone would be so kind I am already in the build now

I was going to take command for 1 spell and shield faith or divine favor

Munkenmo
08-16-2014, 06:32 PM
Spell lists are fairly subjective, but imo this list will work pretty well for you.

In order of priority as you level:

1 Night shield > Divine Favor > Prot evil > Bless
2 Resist energy > Soundburst > Cure moderate > Deific Vengeance
3 CSW > Remove Curse > Magic Circle against evil > Prayer
4 Deathward > FOM > CCW > Divine power > Recitation (When you get Level 8 spells Swap out Deathward for Recitation)
5 True Seeing > Divine Punishment > Raise Dead > Greater Command
6 Blade Barrier > Heal > Cometfall
7 Mass CSW > Mass Protection from elements> Greater Restoration
8 Mass Deathward > Mass Cure Crit Wounds

imblo99
08-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Spell lists are fairly subjective, but imo this list will work pretty well for you.

In order of priority as you level:

1 Night shield > Divine Favor > Prot evil > Bless
2 Resist energy > Soundburst > Cure moderate > Deific Vengeance
3 CSW > Remove Curse > Magic Circle against evil > Prayer
4 Deathward > FOM > CCW > Divine power > Recitation (When you get Level 8 spells Swap out Deathward for Recitation)
5 True Seeing > Divine Punishment > Raise Dead > Greater Command
6 Blade Barrier > Heal > Cometfall
7 Mass CSW > Mass Protection from elements> Greater Restoration
8 Mass Deathward > Mass Cure Crit Wounds

Just wondering why everyone takes resist energy it don't stack with ship buffs, I would think every guild has the 5 resist shine on ship. I mostly take protection from energy and swap it out once I get the mass version since that does stack with the ship buffs

I thought I would swap out protection from energy later when I got Mass Protection from elements for Magic Circle against evil or Prayer

Remove cuse I don't normally take either every toon I have has a stack of pots for that since in every raid u are supposed to have them anyway

I am in of the middle of the rebuild and so far going from 8 to 9 now picking my next 2nd and 3rd level spell so if I am really messing this up let me know

was planning on taking hold person and protection from energy

1) command,night shield, Divine Favor, Protection from evil
2) CMW, soundburst, hold person 9L? lesser restoration 11?
3 CSW, Protection From Energy 9L? searing light 11L?
4) FOM 10L ? Order of the Wrath11L?

I have 2 pairs of goggles for 14 min of death ward but FOM I don't I thought pickup death ward a next round

I was hoping I could scroll raise dead? Lesser restore could go easy enough as I always use Pots again and pick up the resist energy like u have if its really needed?

Searing light was a real good spell in my day unless that has changed? I never had much luck with Deific Vengeance the spell seems a bit weak to me again unless something has changed?

I was reading that Order of the Wrath sounds like a great spell for doing sands where I be pretty much starting out in. I would swap it out later one I have BB it sounded fun to play with

This is the one think I hate about FS is picking spells same a sorc u can't just try spells and have fun even pick is such a big deal and every pick has a price

Munkenmo
08-16-2014, 09:21 PM
I forgot that Blur gets added to your book via Warpriest, so definitely pick that up as a level 2 spell!!!

I don't actually play anymore, so I'm not 100%, but I was under the impression that there are new ships and new ship buffs with a small stacking energy resist that has replaced the old 30 resist shrines? The issue atm is that everyone still has 30resist shrines, but eventually they'll run out and when that happens Resist Energy will be more useful.

There's no point in picking up lesser restoration, there's nothing it fixes that the heal spell doesn't. I suggested Greater Restoration because it removes negative levels, you could easily scroll it if you like.

I agree with you, remove curse is a pretty weak option, If you don't want it you could easily replace it with Searing light. I didn't see the point though, when you're doing single target damage you'll be casting divine punishment and meleeing. Searing light seems like a pretty ineffective use of SP. I figured the rest of the spells all seem kinda weak so went with one that can atleast save you an inventory slot.

There's no point in hold person or command. One it's an enchant spell and you'll be Evo specced. 2. it's only single target. Why would you use hold person or command instead of Soundburst?

You could definately scroll Raise dead if you want, I personally like having one raise spell on my spell list.

Like I said spells are subjective, it seems like you've got an idea of what you want. There's not much harm in trying anything you want as spells can be changed, so go with your gut.

imblo99
08-16-2014, 09:59 PM
I forgot that Blur gets added to your book via Warpriest, so definitely pick that up as a level 2 spell!!!

I don't actually play anymore, so I'm not 100%, but I was under the impression that there are new ships and new ship buffs with a small stacking energy resist that has replaced the old 30 resist shrines? The issue atm is that everyone still has 30resist shrines, but eventually they'll run out and when that happens Resist Energy will be more useful.

There's no point in picking up lesser restoration, there's nothing it fixes that the heal spell doesn't. I suggested Greater Restoration because it removes negative levels, you could easily scroll it if you like.

I agree with you, remove curse is a pretty weak option, If you don't want it you could easily replace it with Searing light. I didn't see the point though, when you're doing single target damage you'll be casting divine punishment and meleeing. Searing light seems like a pretty ineffective use of SP. I figured the rest of the spells all seem kinda weak so went with one that can atleast save you an inventory slot.

There's no point in hold person or command. One it's an enchant spell and you'll be Evo specced. 2. it's only single target. Why would you use hold person or command instead of Soundburst?

You could definitely scroll Raise dead if you want, I personally like having one raise spell on my spell list.

Like I said spells are subjective, it seems like you've got an idea of what you want. There's not much harm in trying anything you want as spells can be changed, so go with your gut.

Well I kinda took almost everything u said with a few of my own ideas for flavor as I play I will have to see what works for me and what doesn't I don't know why but I have always used command and greater command, I think it easier to target certain mobs because soundburst also aggros everything and command don't but I have both so we see how it goes

You stop playing here but still come to the forums! Wow I was lucky what was the chances that u were cruzin the forum when I needed help.

My Air ship has 3O resist and I solo a lot as I have been out of the game for 3 years now and need to remember the quest. I relearn them much better when I am not being dragged along by the zerger types that seem to litter the game and spoil almost every quest I do. I don't worry about buffs anymore nobody wants to wait and I do do party healer either. I don't like being a accuse for the poor players in the game to blame me when they die.

9 times out of 10 they are not carrying need pots like remove poison, remove curse, restoration of some sort, so this build for me was heading more nuker and personal buffs.

Anyway I can't thank you enough for your help. I could not have done it without u but I have your spell list and if need be the few I took that was not on your list I can swap as I see they are not really helpful. I did read a post on Order's Wrath and it sounded fun so I had to try it.

I took almost all your enhancements too but I did use a few u did not and I think most of them I will swap out as I level but the build looks great. This build was in part a way to get to know FS again my main is a TR FS will all the trimmings like lit II scimitars Green steel cloak and lots of great gear.
This toon was a way to remember how to play a soul she is a elf soul and I have Heartlessoul a warforged soul both needs rebuilding this will be a god way to ready to rebuild those TR's

Again thanks !!

Munkenmo
08-16-2014, 11:07 PM
Well I kinda took almost everything u said with a few of my own ideas for flavor as I play I will have to see what works for me and what doesn't I don't know why but I have always used command and greater command, I think it easier to target certain mobs because soundburst also aggros everything and command don't but I have both so we see how it goes

You stop playing here but still come to the forums! Wow I was lucky what was the chances that u were cruzin the forum when I needed help.

My Air ship has 3O resist and I solo a lot as I have been out of the game for 3 years now and need to remember the quest. I relearn them much better when I am not being dragged along by the zerger types that seem to litter the game and spoil almost every quest I do. I don't worry about buffs anymore nobody wants to wait and I do do party healer either. I don't like being a accuse for the poor players in the game to blame me when they die.

9 times out of 10 they are not carrying need pots like remove poison, remove curse, restoration of some sort, so this build for me was heading more nuker and personal buffs.

Anyway I can't thank you enough for your help. I could not have done it without u but I have your spell list and if need be the few I took that was not on your list I can swap as I see they are not really helpful. I did read a post on Order's Wrath and it sounded fun so I had to try it.

I took almost all your enhancements too but I did use a few u did not and I think most of them I will swap out as I level but the build looks great. This build was in part a way to get to know FS again my main is a TR FS will all the trimmings like lit II scimitars Green steel cloak and lots of great gear.
This toon was a way to remember how to play a soul she is a elf soul and I have Heartlessoul a warforged soul both needs rebuilding this will be a god way to ready to rebuild those TR's

Again thanks !!

This post is exactly why I still participate on the forums.

Thankyou.

imblo99
08-18-2014, 12:10 AM
This post is exactly why I still participate on the forums.

Thankyou.

Well I have finally got to play this guy after a few days of gear hunting and crafting and this toon it awesome to slay the least 12% dodge so far 52 armor class about 1000 spell point and 210 hit points and I am not finish gearing him up yet and he is only 11th level 60% defence and nice DR elemental resistance so ya I would highly recommend this build.

The long swords work out nice and even hand wraps are not too bad but there work nice for rust monsters and oose, right now I tearing up the sands with ease at level he take very little damage and so far I have been able to solo quests that I was in full parties that wiped on level.

SO Thanks! This might be one of the best builds I have had to date. I did get him a +3 tomes and I am pretty sure he will be doing epics from the way he plays out now :-)

goldgolem
08-18-2014, 06:14 AM
You need to dump wisdom - it does nothing for you on this build - dont use it for level ups, no items etc.

Pump charisma as much as you can for spell points and keep the 2 pali levels for the saves from the CHA bonus

imblo99
08-18-2014, 06:25 PM
You need to dump wisdom - it does nothing for you on this build - dont use it for level ups, no items etc.

Pump charisma as much as you can for spell points and keep the 2 pali levels for the saves from the CHA bonus
Hay man really read the post wisdom is the core of this build with the monk levels it boost my armor class and spell dc. Wisdom is the main stat in this build. Pally was dropped from the build 17 FS 2 Monk 1 Fighter is what the build turn out to be with the help of fTdOmen and let me be the one to tell u this build is tough as nails this build is finished and like i said one of the best build I have had.

U really should read all the post before u jump in

goldgolem
08-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Hay man really read the post wisdom is the core of this build with the monk levels it boost my armor class and spell dc. Wisdom is the main stat in this build. Pally was dropped from the build 17 FS 2 Monk 1 Fighter is what the build turn out to be with the help of fTdOmen and let me be the one to tell u this build is tough as nails this build is finished and like i said one of the best build I have had.

U really should read all the post before u jump in

lol, there is 0 in you post that says you require WIS. Dropping a few points is not going to materially affect your armour class, as much as you would benefit from the extra saves and spell points. You have no spell dc to speak of on that build - the points give you no benefit. Maybe it does ok in EN if you are lucky

You were the one asking for help and advice - I simply gave you my advice, if you have bad grace, thats on your head. If your fvs can match mine, let me know https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/439977-Healgolem-s-build-saves-with-light-damage-FVS16-MNK2-PALI2

imblo99
08-18-2014, 11:44 PM
lol, there is 0 in you post that says you require WIS. Dropping a few points is not going to materially affect your armour class, as much as you would benefit from the extra saves and spell points. You have no spell dc to speak of on that build - the points give you no benefit. Maybe it does ok in EN if you are lucky

You were the one asking for help and advice - I simply gave you my advice, if you have bad grace, thats on your head. If your fvs can match mine, let me know https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/439977-Healgolem-s-build-saves-with-light-damage-FVS16-MNK2-PALI2

This a evoker build with Blade barrier being a big part of how it will work and CHR has no bearing on evokers other that spell point pool and even that is minimum 9 point of my armor class come from wisdom because of my monk levels right now buffed I have a armor class of 52 that is high enough to be really effective if. I was to have a 43 armor class it would not be considered effective. I think they say like anything less than 45 armor U may as well have nothing or at least when I was playing 3 years ago that may have changed but I will say this this toon plays out great

anyway the build is done and plays great so some how u must be wrong. Now I have been out of the game a few year but the guy that helped me seem to agree and help me build it. so maybe one day he will stop in and tell u what u want to know or argue. For me I like the build and would highly recommend it. I have soled sands quest on hard that I have seen entire parties wipe and I have no problems so something must be right.

My device vengeance searing light one shot everything my orders wrath works great my command hit about 85% as doe my hold person sound burst hit solid too, DPS is great in melee even with wraps when I need bludgeon works well. if there is any flaw in this build I don't see it playing

I now have my spell point at around 1100 and 215 hit points and armor of 52 and effective defence or 60% with a 12 percent dodge. I am sure with another level and a bit my crafting and gear hunting this is going to be really great

my current CHr of 21 wis 28 STR 24 dex 26 con 20 with gear and ship buff works fine I will take my final level up to make sure I am even on CHR and Wis with +5 tomes at end game with the right gear and enhancement I should hit around 26 chr and 32 wis STR about 28 dex 30 I would think those stats will do me just fine heading into epics

I think I will manage well both in melee dps and have a solid BB

U might want to ask the guy that help me wit the build, I am sure he can set u straight as to the why on my high Wisdom

imblo99
08-18-2014, 11:57 PM

Sorry man U are just late to the party and I already thanked the guy that help me I was not asking for anymore help. I posted that it was build and was a great build. it did not seem like help u were offering, it seems more like criticism

The build is done thanks. I had all the help needed. U get to many folks pushing and pulling in all directions and it dont help the build the the fella that help me was a great guy with over 3000 posts and really went out of his way to help then u want to jump in and critique the build

I mean U did not even read that pally was dropped from the build and was changed to 17/2/1 FS/monk/fighter, Your first comment was about pally in the build that was dropped

I not here to have a peeing contest with you grow up

If U would have just read the post and seen it was all done and the man that helped was thanked story over the build works super

Soulfurnace
08-19-2014, 01:40 AM
This a evoker build with Blade barrier being a big part of how it will work and CHR has no bearing on evokers other that spell point pool and even that is minimum 9 point of my armor class come from wisdom because of my monk levels right now buffed I have a armor class of 52 that is high enough to be really effective if. I was to have a 43 armor class it would not be considered effective. I think they say like anything less than 45 armor U may as well have nothing or at least when I was playing 3 years ago that may have changed but I will say this this toon plays out great
From my experience, in heroics AC is meaningless. And in epics your AC will be meaningless anyway.

anyway the build is done and plays great so some how u must be wrong. Now I have been out of the game a few year but the guy that helped me seem to agree and help me build it. so maybe one day he will stop in and tell u what u want to know or argue. For me I like the build and would highly recommend it. I have soled sands quest on hard that I have seen entire parties wipe and I have no problems so something must be right.
Well.. Sands aren't hard. Even on elite, they're a pushover. The benchmark for a good build these days is way beyond hard sands.
And yes, I've seen entire parties wipe. I've seem them wipe in simple quests. That doesn't mean much

My device vengeance searing light one shot everything my orders wrath works great my command hit about 85% as doe my hold person sound burst hit solid too, DPS is great in melee even with wraps when I need bludgeon works well. if there is any flaw in this build I don't see it playing Got any damage numbers, or just "one shot everything"? And it seems you're talking about heroics, which are very easy anyway. Almost any build can solo elite anything in heroics.

I now have my spell point at around 1100 and 215 hit points and armor of 52 and effective defence or 60% with a 12 percent dodge. I am sure with another level and a bit my crafting and gear hunting this is going to be really great
That's nothing special. Most of my toons have 400 hp by level 12/13, casters tend to sit around 350.
It'll be fine for heroics most likely, not very good for epics. That's just my opinion.

my current CHr of 21 wis 28 STR 24 dex 26 con 20 with gear and ship buff works fine I will take my final level up to make sure I am even on CHR and Wis with +5 tomes at end game with the right gear and enhancement I should hit around 26 chr and 32 wis STR about 28 dex 30 I would think those stats will do me just fine heading into epics
Again, nothing great. Wisdom is okay, con could (should imo) by higher, but whatever.
Heading into epic hard or epic normal, sure. Into EE.. let's not go there.

Doubt it in epics. Seriously doubt it. Unless you stick to easier things

Munkenmo
08-19-2014, 02:42 AM

<snip>

U might want to ask the guy that help me wit the build, I am sure he can set u straight as to the why on my high Wisdom

I went with wisdom because you're in low levels and wanted to have an effective blade barrier. I pushed you towards spell focus evocation because there's a big DC jump in epic hard (not much in epic normal). Focusing on wisdom & having the ability to qualify for +3 evo twist and a +2evo twist will ensure your EVO spells will land in the majority of epic hard content

In epic elites your DC's will fall short, just like every other (non druid) evoker, who's not got 3*sorc lives, 1* wiz life and completionist for +5 DC's, and you'd simply resort to using the same tactics a cha based fvs will in EE, ie. resorting to the same no DC abilities as any of the cha based shiradi's, just with a smaller spell pool. (pick up just rewards and it won't matter much anyway).

EE is a long ways off though, and in the mean time I'm picking you'll find this wisdom based build easier to level, especially in the 17-20 range where your slight DC bump will be more noticeable.

The armor formula now is different to what it was last time you played. More points always help, ultimately though your first 2 sources of mitigation will be Dodge then PRR, AC is almost as broken now as it was before the AC pass.

As I laid it out it's a somewhat generalized build (cause that's kinda what you asked for). Builds without very strong focuses often don't work in Epic Elites, but can work just fine in all content under that. Rather than focusing about EE viability I focused on giving you a build that plaid the way you seemed to want it to in the majority of the games content.

You seem a little defensive, just be chill man, I don't think these guys are here to attack you, and people won't always read through a whole thread to answer the original post (I often do, but I've been caught out skipping on more than one occasion). Just enjoy the build and have fun in game.

I will say this, I saw you mention tomes, you probably don't really need to invest in supreme tomes or anything like that. EE DC casting requires serious investment and pastlives these days, tomes alone won't get you effective EE DC's and you'll likely find your EH DC's will be good enough as is. Tomes may help there but possibly not enough to invest in, I'd look into using tomes to meet stat pre-requisites but otherwise not bothering with them too much, wait till you loot em.

Feralthyrtiaq
08-19-2014, 05:56 AM
Dump the Character Planner. Print or Bookmark this thread. Reference what fTdOmen says at every level up in game. He has been posting solid character build advice for years.

You can't go wrong.

Angelic-council
08-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Please don't hate me for saying this... But, this build is really awful. 15 str/15 dex/12 con/10 int/15 wis/10 char, I mean, why is it so random. It suppose to be a wisdom based fvs. Evocation focus is not needed for this character, because what is the point in having + 1 extra DC when his overall DC is very low. Same with empower healing.. He should be able to self heal with no problem. Also.. 12 con means, in the end, he will lose over 60 HP!... that's huge. Blade barrier + sound burst will be useful in lower, mid level heroics only.. once OP reaches high level and step into Epics.. this build will fail. I understand the part where you take fighter and monk, it's somewhat interesting and good build.. however, balance is what important when you play evoker fvs. And, this build just missing too much of it.

Thread is over now, I understand. However, if you need further advice, please private message me. I can give you a build that is capable of doing EEs. It's much better than this build.

Have a good day.

tsteigner
08-24-2014, 05:06 AM

I could use some ideas on how to make this work. I was wanting to get away for long swords but I got this crazy idea in my head

]

there's a build with the split you are Setting on on the Forums already :) no offense meant, it's not mine, just poiting it out :) (check : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/440115-Shoikan-A-Divine-Crusader-Warpriest)
and it is mighty able to do EE, any build that can solo EE WGU is EE able imho, regardless what others say :)

Munkenmo
08-24-2014, 06:07 AM
Please don't hate me for saying this... But, this build is really awful. 15 str/15 dex/12 con/10 int/15 wis/10 char, I mean, why is it so random. It suppose to be a wisdom based fvs. Evocation focus is not needed for this character, because what is the point in having + 1 extra DC when his overall DC is very low. Same with empower healing.. He should be able to self heal with no problem. Also.. 12 con means, in the end, he will lose over 60 HP!... that's huge. Blade barrier + sound burst will be useful in lower, mid level heroics only.. once OP reaches high level and step into Epics.. this build will fail. I understand the part where you take fighter and monk, it's somewhat interesting and good build.. however, balance is what important when you play evoker fvs. And, this build just missing too much of it.

Thread is over now, I understand. However, if you need further advice, please private message me. I can give you a build that is capable of doing EEs. It's much better than this build.

Have a good day.

I'd love to see what improvements you could make over my "awful" suggestion. Please post how youd build a first life epic elite capable evoker build that has only +2 tomes and meets the ops requirements of being centred with longswords here.

I've already said this build wasnt made for EE's, but if you truly had a clue about EE capable evokers youd know that spell focus evo is a pre req for +3 evo dcs in magister and +2 evo dc's in draconic.

imblo99
08-30-2014, 12:49 AM
Dump the Character Planner. Print or Bookmark this thread. Reference what fTdOmen says at every level up in game. He has been posting solid character build advice for years.

You can't go wrong.

That works for me I been trying to use what ever build he help me with so far i been happy with all of them

Angelic-council
08-31-2014, 11:58 PM
I'd love to see what improvements you could make over my "awful" suggestion. Please post how youd build a first life epic elite capable evoker build that has only +2 tomes and meets the ops requirements of being centred with longswords here.

I've already said this build wasnt made for EE's, but if you truly had a clue about EE capable evokers youd know that spell focus evo is a pre req for +3 evo dcs in magister and +2 evo dc's in draconic.

I been waiting for the OP to private message me, so I could provide him with a good EE build. But, he didn't. Because he seem to love your build, and I would like to respect both his and your opinion. I really don't mind telling you what else could be improved, but It's too late now.. Nobody will going to listen at this point, now that this thread is almost 99% dead. But, I would like to mention the next (at least): Building a character for the end game ENs/EHs are really easy. When majority of the players can CC and instant kill on EN/EH without any serious investment, what does this +5 DC do to help the OP. But, I have a build that give any 1st lifer over 880HP, 3,8k SP, very high saves, good defense and high damaging SLAs from other epic destinies (replaced with evo dc) to be successful in EEs. I'm more than happy to help anyone! just pm me.

Have a nice day.

Munkenmo
09-01-2014, 12:18 AM
I been waiting for the OP to private message me, so I could provide him with a good EE build. But, he didn't. Because he seem to love your build, and I would like to respect both his and your opinion. I really don't mind telling you what else could be improved, but It's too late now.. Nobody will going to listen at this point

That's just it, I'm interested and willing to listen. I just feel that it's better to discuss builds in public so more parties can reference them and learn from discussions.

But, I would like to mention the next (at least): Building a character for the end game ENs/EHs are really easy. When majority of the players can CC and instant kill on EN/EH without any serious investment, what does this +5 DC do to help the OP.

I agree it's easy, once you've got gear. It's not quite so easy for a newer player first getting into epics though. I felt he'd benefit alot from the +5dc's the first time round, on subsequent TR's / ETR's not so much, but playing with and without good gear and tomes are quite different experiences.

But, I have a build that give any 1st lifer over 880HP, 3,8k SP, very high saves, good defense and high damaging SLAs from other epic destinies (replaced with evo dc) to be successful in EEs. I'm more than happy to help anyone! just pm me.

Let me guess, 100% cha based Shiradi caster? probably a wiz level for magic missile SLA and 2 paladin levels for great saves. If I'm right I'd totally agree that it's a great build for epics, I played one myself while doing iconic fvs lives. I don't think they're particularly great for first lifers during heroic levels though. It's also not much fun making your way from the divine sphere to the primal sphere. It would definitely be the route I'd advise going down after an ETR though.

Angelic-council
09-01-2014, 03:18 AM
Deleted.