PDA

View Full Version : Reaving Roar broken

PestWulf
08-14-2014, 09:11 AM
Hey, Is this a new thing or has it been broken for a while?

After testing, toggling on reaving roar will cause the sonic looking effect on an even level mob kill, but there are no effects beyond the hate generation increase. The combat log reports no sonic damage to nearby mobs, nor does any floaty numbers go up over their heads. This is not a display error because I can target a mob that I can see hitpoints for and notice that no damage has been done.

Both my friend and I have experienced this so it leads me to believe it's broken. I thought I'd post about it here before submitting the bug report to see if this is an already known issue or if it's something that cropped up in the latest updates.

Munkenmo
08-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Hey, Is this a new thing or has it been broken for a while?

After testing, toggling on reaving roar will cause the sonic looking effect on an even level mob kill, but there are no effects beyond the hate generation increase. The combat log reports no sonic damage to nearby mobs, nor does any floaty numbers go up over their heads. This is not a display error because I can target a mob that I can see hitpoints for and notice that no damage has been done.

Both my friend and I have experienced this so it leads me to believe it's broken. I thought I'd post about it here before submitting the bug report to see if this is an already known issue or if it's something that cropped up in the latest updates.

Reaving roar was always coded oddly, and never showed up in the combat log. Damage never used to pop up over peoples heads as the damage seemed to get assigned to the roar, not to you, and anyone killed by reaving roar would be attributed to miscellaneous in the kill count.

I cant speak as to whether or not the damage has been broken, but hopefully that helps you understand the mechanics.