PDA

View Full Version : Question about Wizard and trapping...new low level group

lvillanueva9
08-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Hello all. I've been looking at Ellis Pale Trapper to start a new character to play with on the side and had a few questions.

A little background on my group. Normally, the group that I play with has a dedicated rogue, a couple of melee of some sort, ranged and me as a cleric. But we all decided to create new toons and this time around, our rogue player chose to play a cleric along with our melee (very sad face). So as it stands, we have 2 rangers, 2 clerics and me as an artificer (because we needed someone for traps and locks...).

Well...I'm already playing an artificer on my solo character and was really wanting to play a caster type, whether it was a wizard or sorc. Problem was, if I went caster, we'd lose the ability to disable traps, open locks, etc and that would just be a no go for the group.

Then I looked around and found the Pale Trapper build by Ellis which was also new player friendly as this would be a 1st life character. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422622-Pale-Trapper-for-new-players-(Human-18-2-Wizard-Rogue)

Question is, will this build be as effective to trapping and unlocking as playing my artificer? And do you think it's possible to solo elite Korthos (with a hireling)? At least up to Misery Peak?

We only play once a week and we just started, so we've done all the quests up to Misery Peak on Elite (I've been unlocking since I'm a sub). So it wouldn't take me long to catch up to everyone, as we were only level 3, and then continue playing with the group as the Pale trapper instead of another arty.

We all have a +8 elite bravery bonus going in and I'd love for my wizard to have it also.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

madmaxhunter
08-13-2014, 02:37 PM
No problem, early on, make sure to pop heroism pots and have the best spot/searh/disable items for the level. I have a barb/rogue buddy who can no-fail in EE quests.

madmaxhunter
08-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Oh, missed the most important one: +5 tools ftw.

lvillanueva9
08-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Great!!! Thank you! I just got to get up to Misery Peak (solo, elite bravery) and then I'll be with group again. Appreciate the help :)