PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Charisma!

bennyson
08-08-2014, 10:53 PM
I think I've calculated the most insane amount of CHA a PURE Paladin can reach while still have a decent amount of STR If the enhancement tree changes in U23 makes it and Divine Might remains unchanged.

(Link to thread, by Sev: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/446140-Armor-Up-Developer-Diary-3 )

Although in order to actually get this sort of thing to work in the game, you'll need to have +6 tomes and have access to +2 guild buffs as well as a Litany of the Dead with Amrath potions along with high enough UMD for tenser scrolls. You'll also need a fourth twist of fate slot (Epic Completionist).

Also, my calculations were made, in theory, by using a Human Paladin as a base instead of the other races. Anyway, here it is!

72 Charisma .Base 17 +6 tome +1 racial +1 exceptional +1 litany +3 insight +7 levelups +4 capstone +4 enhancement +11 item +2 guild +2 amrath +4 twist +6 destiny +3 feat. This amount of Cha will give you a +30 mod to saving throws! This also means a +30 insight bonus to your STR! Here are my calculations for a Paladin with 80--ish STR.

80+ STR .Base 17 +6 tome +1 racial +1 exceptional +1 litany +6 sacred +2 guild +2 amrath +10 item +4 tensers +30 DM.

Actually its 81 STR, but if someone were to hit you with a Primal Scream, you'll get 86 STR which is why I said 80+ STR because of outside buffs.

So what do you guys think? ;)

Naera
08-09-2014, 03:54 AM
have access to old +3 ship buffs and new +2 guild buffs

+ 3 old ship buffs? You lost me here. Old buffs are +2 and don't stack with new ones.
You are immune to rage effects while in defensive stance, so primal scream will not work, regardless of who casts it. (well, unless dropping stance trick still works)

Twisting 4 cha is hardly feasible (and needs epic completionist), in case you just want to see a big shiny figure in vacuum - you may as well add +3 from epic feats at 21, 24 and 27, + 6 tome, +11 items, completionist, fatesinger for more cha, add inspire excellence from someone else, store pot etc

In any case, the figures you calculated are neither absolute maximum, not practical, so make up your mind. :P

Maelodic
08-09-2014, 05:05 AM
You can both max out CHA and STR by dumping the other stats so prioritizing CHA first:

Drow
CHA 66 (20 Base + 2 Drow + 4 Capstone + 2 Ship + 10 item + 2 insight + 1 exceptional + 1 litany + 2 yugo + 2 Knight of the Chalice + 2 Sacred Defender + 6 Epic Destiny + 6 Tome + 4 Twist + 2 Epic Feats)

STR 80 (18 Base + 10 Item + 2 insight + 1 exceptional + 1 litany + 2 Yugo + 28 Divine Might + 4 Tensors + 2 Ship + 6 Sacred + 6 Tome)

More Practical

CHA 56 (20 Base + 2 Drow + 4 Capstone + 2 Ship + 10 Item + 2 Insight + 1 Exceptional + 1 Litany + 2 Knight of the Chalice + 2 Sacred Defender + 4 Epic Destiny + 6 Tome)

STR 76 (17 Base + 10 Item + 2 Insight + 1 exceptional + 1 Litany + 23 Divine Might + 4 Tensors + 6 Ship + 6 Sacred + 6 Tome)

No shield would just be a -6 to STR.

bennyson
08-09-2014, 08:34 AM
+ 3 old ship buffs? You lost me here. Old buffs are +2 and don't stack with new ones.
You are immune to rage effects while in defensive stance, so primal scream will not work, regardless of who casts it. (well, unless dropping stance trick still works)

Twisting 4 cha is hardly feasible (and needs epic completionist), in case you just want to see a big shiny figure in vacuum - you may as well add +3 from epic feats at 21, 24 and 27, + 6 tome, +11 items, completionist, fatesinger for more cha, add inspire excellence from someone else, store pot etc

In any case, the figures you calculated are neither absolute maximum, not practical, so make up your mind. :P

First, thanks for correcting me about the old ship buffs.

Second, are you sure that the old ones don't stack? The wiki saids that the old ones are typed as Artifact bonuses, but the new ones aren't typed as anything, they just say +2 to stat X (although the other new buffs are all typed as Guild Bonuses)

My calculations were made within reasonableness that didn't involve dumping your Con stat since Pallies are front-line holy warriors.

+11 Charisma items don't exist...yet

As for Primal Scream, you can turn off your stance, ask someone to hit you with a Primal Scream, and turn your stance back on since the effect remains.

bennyson
08-09-2014, 08:43 AM
+ 6 Tome

._.

Forgot about +6 tomes *facepalm*

Thalone
08-09-2014, 09:35 AM
+11 Charisma items don't exist...yet

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Libram_of_Silver_Magic

There are also (usually Wondrous) lootgen +11 stat items.

Krelar
08-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Second, are you sure that the old ones don't stack? The wiki saids that the old ones are typed as Artifact bonuses, but the new ones aren't typed as anything, they just say +2 to stat X (although the other new buffs are all typed as Guild Bonuses)

They changed most of the old buffs to guild bonus as well so they don't stack with the new buffs.

bennyson
08-09-2014, 02:07 PM
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Libram_of_Silver_Magic

There are also (usually Wondrous) lootgen +11 stat items.

When I meant +11 Charisma items didn't exist, I meant random loot having a bonus to that stat.

I've seen +11 (random) items for Intelligence and Wisdom, but I've yet to see a +11 for Charisma.

Krelar
08-09-2014, 02:12 PM
When I meant +11 Charisma items didn't exist, I meant random loot having a bonus to that stat.

I've seen +11 (random) items for Intelligence and Wisdom, but I've yet to see a +11 for Charisma.

I ran with a Sorc on argo last night that linked his necklace with +11 Charisma and +9 or +10 resistance.

Almost made me wish we could PVP and loot the body... :)

bennyson
08-09-2014, 02:17 PM
They changed most of the old buffs to guild bonus as well so they don't stack with the new buffs.

Well then...

bennyson
08-09-2014, 02:18 PM
I ran with a Sorc on argo last night that linked his necklace with +11 Charisma and +9 or +10 resistance.

Almost made me wish we could PVP and loot the body... :)

O_o

Okay, so they exist, what about +11 Strength (random) items?