PDA

View Full Version : Swashbuckler enhancement: Resonant Arms - working?

Caotic_Good
08-04-2014, 02:42 AM
Misbehave
Human Bard 6 Rogue 2
Chaotic Good

While Swashbuckling + wielding a finessable weapon (e.g. Tiefling Assassin's Blade) and a Crit is successful - I'm not seeing *sonic* damage from Resonant Arms in the combat window, only the piercing damage from the blade.

Can someone please confirm if this is working?

MadCookieQueen
08-04-2014, 08:28 AM
When I watch the numbers pile up in combat I do see the bonus sonic procs kick in there. I've tested this by using a non sonic weapon and having no other sonic proc abilities taken in the tree. (mostly I was testing the sonic damage scales with sonic spell power...cheap rapier slotted with a resonance augment)

If it's not showing up in the combat log, that doesn't surprise me as the Combat Log is flawed and doesn't report out all the numbers. This is an issue with the system that needs a massive over haul so we can actually calculate out numbers for optimizing builds.

PestWulf
08-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Misbehave
Human Bard 6 Rogue 2
Chaotic Good

While Swashbuckling + wielding a finessable weapon (e.g. Tiefling Assassin's Blade) and a Crit is successful - I'm not seeing *sonic* damage from Resonant Arms in the combat window, only the piercing damage from the blade.

Can someone please confirm if this is working?

As of 5 days ago, my 21 Bard was seeing between 40 and 70 sonic damage on crits with a light pick and around 130 sonic power (I'm a bit fuzzy on my sonic power, definitely less than 150 and more than 110).

This was visual on screen, I never checked the combat logs.

I can also say that my crits with shurikens also are delivering sonic damage in the same range.

autochthon
08-04-2014, 11:24 AM
As far as I can tell neither floating text nor combat log provide a reliable report.

PestWulf
08-04-2014, 11:27 AM
As far as I can tell neither floating text nor combat log provide a reliable report.

It's pretty easy to tell with a bland shuriken though. I have no skills to augment it beyond swashbuckling and my shuriken crits in the 60's. Pick any mob that you've completed the monster manual for so you can see its hitpoints and throw. You should see the exact damage done, for me I know the sonic damage is 100% working on the shuriken crits and I assume it is on my light pick because of that.

Seikojin
08-04-2014, 12:52 PM
I have seen it, and the baddies are losing the hp. Just not shown in combat log.

autochthon
08-04-2014, 12:55 PM
It's pretty easy to tell with a bland shuriken though. I have no skills to augment it beyond swashbuckling and my shuriken crits in the 60's. Pick any mob that you've completed the monster manual for so you can see its hitpoints and throw. You should see the exact damage done, for me I know the sonic damage is 100% working on the shuriken crits and I assume it is on my light pick because of that.

Oh I wasn't trying to say it's not working. Just that all feedback in the game short of direct HP value is pretty much worthless.

Caotic_Good
08-05-2014, 04:29 AM
Thank you for the responses everyone!

Good to know the problem is with the combat log and not game mechanics :)