PDA

View Full Version : Wand and Scroll Mastery. Useful?

Peter_Principle
07-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Are points in wand and scroll mastery enchantment ever useful for a caster focused fvs?

Bridge_Dweller
07-29-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm not sure, it used to be back in the day when raid healing was a thing and we didn't have cocoon and renewal.

jalont
07-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Are points in wand and scroll mastery enchantment ever useful for a caster focused fvs?

Probably not. Favored Souls have a big enough mana pool that you can keep yourself healed through sp, rather than wands. If you find that you have SP problems, then take the enhancement and heal with wands inbetween fights.

PsychoBlonde
07-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I haven't found any use for wand and scroll mastery on actual casters. It's great for people who need to buff their heal scrolls (like rogues) but other than that it's a waste of points.

SirValentine
07-29-2014, 06:12 PM

Highly useful? Not really.
Essential? Definitely not.
Occasionally somewhat useful? Yes.

Priority for AP? Nope.
Spot to put a left-over point or two? Maybe, sure.

Atremus
07-29-2014, 08:03 PM
I put 1 or 2 points into it for heroics but re do AP at L20 and drop it. No need with all the epic stuff available.

Nayus
07-29-2014, 08:57 PM
It greatly boosts your Heal scrolls, making your mana bar last longer.

And I am saddened to see Divine clerics twisting healing abilities, it's "lazy" taken to Epic levels. I didn't twist Coccoon not even in my fleshie Fighter and you're doing it in a FvS....

Atremus
07-30-2014, 03:49 AM
And I am saddened to see Divine clerics twisting healing abilities, it's "lazy" taken to Epic levels. I didn't twist Coccoon not even in my fleshie Fighter and you're doing it in a FvS....

Scrolls are not as effective as a spell, can be interrupted in combat and have a delay when switching to use. But thanks for calling anyone still playing a divine character lazy for twisting in healing.

Wipey
07-30-2014, 05:16 AM
Last Heal Scroll I used was maybe few weeks after Motu - in some Citw when the raid was newish.
Renewal then. Now Cocoon.
I haven't had Concentration on Cleric for quite a while anyway.

I have scroll mastery for Heal scrolls on my Palemaster and had on my Rogue splashed Barbarian though.

Lonnbeimnech
07-30-2014, 06:06 AM
It greatly boosts your Heal scrolls, making your mana bar last longer.

Cocoon works through walls and at a great distance, it's a great ability for a healer.

SirValentine
07-30-2014, 06:53 AM
And I am saddened to see Divine clerics twisting healing abilities, it's "lazy" taken to Epic levels.

You heard it here, straight from Nayus: Healing=Lazy

If those other divines weren't so lazy, they'd be too busy killing stuff to have any time to waste on that healing ****!

I'm sure glad my Cleric doesn't waste time on healing.