PDA

View Full Version : Angelskin (paladin spell)

Mjolnyr
07-25-2014, 09:19 AM
While there would be an overhaul to paladin class soon, it might be also a good time to make some obsolete spells useful.

Suggested change:

Grant self / lawful good ally (DR 5/evil and 3PRR) every 4 levels.
lv8 DR 5/evil, +3 PRR
lv12 DR 10/evil, +6 PRR
lv16 DR15/evil, +9 PRR
lv20 DR20/evil, +12 PRR

with tier4+ divine sphere destiny,
DR 25/evil, +15 PRR

* supplement due to variable difficulties:
The buff value of spell scales down along with difficulties, 50% effective in hard difficulty, 25% in normal, and 10% in casual.
--
Also, please give barbarians inherent PRR. You "invented" PRR to balance the outgrowing number inflation to existing DnD 3.5 AC rules, but forgot to modify existing DR into PRR. This makes barbarians weakened badly.

Battlehawke
07-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Very valid.

Hopefully they are looking at ideas like this...

Karadon_II
07-25-2014, 09:44 AM
I like this idea too. And it gels well with the ideas people have with the likes of Holy Sword being a scaleable buff for weapons.

Kalevor
07-25-2014, 10:04 AM
valid way to make people think to go pure. I like it

TheGuyYouKnow
07-25-2014, 10:56 AM
too much dr in heroics for somthing that lasts as long as it does, +2 every 3 levels for a max of 12 would do it

or alternatively turn it into a mini Heavenly Presence(You gain some abilities of a Celestial. Passive Bonus: Grants you +10 Physical Resistance Rating and 10% Acid, Cold and Electricity absorption. In addition, you are immune to petrification.)

+5 to Damage reduction, Elemental resistances, PRR, MRR(when its out),immune to petrification

TheGuyYouKnow
07-25-2014, 11:24 AM
as for other spells in the paladin tree that could do with a look
seek eternal rest - add enchant weapon with ghost touch and remove self only
divine favor - remove level 9 cap
prayer - make bonuses stack
stalwart pact - make bonuses stack
remove paralysis - immune to paralysis/slows for 3sec per caster level
remove curse - ^
remove blind - ^
remove disease - ^

Mjolnyr
07-25-2014, 11:52 AM
too much dr in heroics for somthing that lasts as long as it does, +2 every 3 levels for a max of 12 would do it

or alternatively turn it into a mini Heavenly Presence(You gain some abilities of a Celestial. Passive Bonus: Grants you +10 Physical Resistance Rating and 10% Acid, Cold and Electricity absorption. In addition, you are immune to petrification.)

+5 to Damage reduction, Elemental resistances, PRR, MRR(when its out),immune to petrification

Your reminding is true. It might be too much for heroic quests, especially in casual~hard difficulties.
Frankly, now I run heroic quests almost only once in elite bravery streak, hence I forgot how puny mobs hit in lower difficulties.

The gap between heroic and epic difficulty is a big issue now, and it grows even worse along with Turbine's bad habit of number inflation. Fixed numbered buffs are under such an awkward situation, they are either too useless in epic levels, or too powerful in heroic levels.

IMO, Turbine shall consider seriously about to re-scale mobs' abilities in elite difficulty, hinder some inflated epic abilities (such as adrenaline attacks, energy burst that people used to spam now), and make heroic-into-epic progress more seamless.

After all, I might make a supplement here:

The buff value of spell scales down along with difficulties, 50% effective in hard difficulty, 25% in normal, and 10% in casual.

TheGuyYouKnow
07-25-2014, 12:02 PM
words.

thats why they made PRR, to give dr that scales with how hard the enemy are hitting. you just have to find that sweet spot where it has some use in heroic as well as being meaningful in epics

Seikojin
07-25-2014, 12:07 PM
I think it is a solid suggestion in the least. Changes to spells like that would make them must haves instead of slot fillers that never get used.

Regarding balance at heroic; after level cap is hit/released, they could determine what scale and difficulty each quest should be on each difficulty and adjust mobs stats to reflect that. And be a lot more predictable, reliable, and workable for balance/improvements to spells like angel skin.

bsquishwizzy
07-25-2014, 12:17 PM
+1. And make it last longer and have some sort of visible aura on the pally to show when it is active and when it is expired.

A minute or two for that is basically a wasted buff.

And the mention of fixing Holy Weapon to make it a weapon buff? +50.