PDA

View Full Version : How about Ranger after Barbarian?

Chaimberland
07-24-2014, 09:30 AM
I was thinking after the fixes to Bard, Paladin and then hopefully Barbarian we could take a look at Ranger. Ya I know Ranger is pretty well off right now except for 1 thing. No animal companion! Would really love if Ranger could get its own pet like say a wolf or a panther. What would be really cool is if each race that took Ranger class would get a different type of pet. Here is a list that I came up with.

Human = Celestial Dog
Elf = Wolf
Half Elf = choice of Celestial Dog/Wolf
Drow = either scorpion, spider or panther
Dwarf = Celestial Dog or Iron Defender
Warforged = Iron Defender
Halfling = Giant Rat

What do you all think? Any other suggestions?

Chaimberland
07-24-2014, 09:31 AM
I forgot Half Orc. Maybe Worg?

Scrabbler
07-24-2014, 09:38 AM
I was thinking after the fixes to Bard, Paladin and then hopefully Barbarian we could take a look at Ranger.
No. Do it at the same time. Trying to balance classes round-robin style does not work. You can't command a designer to study just one class tree and then expect him to fix it right unless he's given every other class the same level of attention.

Kasiddy
07-24-2014, 11:11 AM
Only if it levels up with the ranger based on ranger levels, and only if halflings got dinosaurs.

Chaimberland
07-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Only if it levels up with the ranger based on ranger levels, and only if halflings got dinosaurs.

Yes, they would work just like the arti iron defender and druid wolf. I thought about dinosaurs for halflings but they aren't currently in the game. Would be awesome though!

Chaimberland
07-24-2014, 11:52 AM
No. Do it at the same time. Trying to balance classes round-robin style does not work. You can't command a designer to study just one class tree and then expect him to fix it right unless he's given every other class the same level of attention.

Dude, not even the issue I was addressing. Did you read or just glance?

UurlockYgmeov
07-24-2014, 01:10 PM
yes, companions and spells.