PDA

View Full Version : Joke Weapon #8: Scarecrow Club

ForgettableNPC
07-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Well, here it is, I am literally grasping at straws now.

Full list of Joke Weapons so far found here: ForgettableNPC's List of Joke Weapons (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441029-ForgettableNPC-s-List-of-Joke-Weapons)

Been thinking of expanding to include stuff other than Joke Weapons, but I don't know how hilarious I can make them.

Name: Scarecrow Club

Weapon Type: Greatclub
Damage: (0-0) 1 - 1 Bludgeon

Critical Roll: (5%/0-0) 20 / x1

Attack Mod: STR+
Damage Mod: STR+

Durability: 75
Material: Wood
Hardness: 5

Enchantments:

-1: This weapon is less well-made than normal, giving a -1 Penalty to Attack and Damage Rolls.

Minor Vicious: On Hit: 1 Bane Damage to your target and 1 to 3 Bane Damage to yourself (Bane Damage cannot be resisted)

Stop Hurting Yourself!: On Hit: 2 to 12 Bane Damage to yourself (Bane Damage cannot be resisted)

A Burning Sensation In Your Heart: Whenever you are hit with Fire damage, the scarecrow catches on fire and deals +1 Fire Damage for 6 seconds, at the same time, for some unknown reason, you feel like you're getting burnt for 1d6 Fire Damage every 2 seconds while the effect is active.

Description: You got this strange club from an even stranger vendor in the strangest shop you've ever seen, and you've seen some strange things in your adventuring career, so that's saying something. Every time you wield it, you tend to end up more hurt than the monsters you've hit it with. It's basically an average, run-of-the-mill scarecrow stuffed with straws and a wooden pole to straighten it out so you could use it like a club. Strangest thing about it was that the shopkeeper asked for a lock of your hair before handing this weapon to you. Sometimes you swear that its face somewhat resembles your own, curiously enough, but what are the odds of that?

Saekee
07-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Well, here it is, I am literally grasping at straws now.

Full list of Joke Weapons so far found here: ForgettableNPC's List of Joke Weapons (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441029-ForgettableNPC-s-List-of-Joke-Weapons)

Been thinking of expanding to include stuff other than Joke Weapons, but I don't know how hilarious I can make them.

Name: Scarecrow Club

Weapon Type: Greatclub
Damage: (0-0) 1 - 1 Bludgeon

Critical Roll: (5%/0-1) 20 / x1

Attack Mod: STR+
Damage Mod: STR+

Durability: 75
Material: Wood
Hardness: 5

Enchantments:

-1: This weapon is less well-made than normal, giving a -1 Penalty to Attack and Damage Rolls.

Minor Vicious: On Hit: 1 Bane Damage to your target and 1 to 3 Bane Damage to yourself (Bane Damage cannot be resisted)

Stop Hurting Yourself!: On Hit: 2 to 12 Bane Damage to yourself (Bane Damage cannot be resisted)

Description: You got this strange club from an even stranger vendor in the strangest shop you've ever seen, and you've seen some strange things in your adventuring career, so that's saying something. Every time you wield it, you tend to end up more hurt than the monsters you've hit it with. It's basically an average, run-of-the-mill scarecrow stuffed with straws and a wooden pole to straighten it out so you could use it like a club. Strangest thing about it was that the shopkeeper asked for a lock of your hair before handing this weapon to you. Sometimes you swear that its face somewhat resembles your own, curiously enough, but what are the odds of that?

according to the description, that would be a voodoo club
how about: on critical hit, voodoo effect also affects the target since some of their bodily material adheres to the club

Maybe: attack mod STR, damage mod CHA? Since it is about the form and its effect
the straw should be doing something odd also
maybe have the whole thing catch fire when attacking creatures with the Fire trait?

ForgettableNPC
07-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Added an effect regarding fire.

And yes, I could just say it's a voodoo doll made to be a greatclub, but where's the fun in expressing it outright?

Saekee
07-23-2014, 02:28 PM
I am literally grasping at straws now.
Is this a pun relating to the weapon?

ForgettableNPC
07-23-2014, 03:11 PM
Is this a pun relating to the weapon?

That and I did say in the last Joke Weapon entry that it felt like I was grasping at straws now.

Saekee
07-23-2014, 03:39 PM
known to drop in chests of random encounters in The King's Forest.