PDA

View Full Version : Add DCs to Spell Power list

alancarp
07-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Last night I was working with the new Spellsinger tree and experimenting with Mass Hold. In short, it wasn't holding.
I was running Epic Time is Money as a testbed... I was having trouble even holding the Wolves, much less anything else.

That led to the obvious question: how do I improve that? The answer was more complicated than I think it should have been.

Proposal: Add spell-school DCs to the character screen's spell power list

The wiki (search: Spell Power) shows how we see the spell power levels for each spell type. It would make sense to also show the Difficulty Class for each spell school on that same sub-window. I didn't remember how to calculate this (I looked it up), but in this way, we could quickly evaluate the differences that equipment and other changes make.

----

While I'm here, I did finally manage to get a more effective Mass Hold spell... though it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I had to use Fatesinger enhancements to bump my bard's Charisma *four* more points (at a cost of 8 destiny points), plus added Heighten to the spell (which may or may not have been necessary - there's no way to know for SLAs). My CHA mod is now +15. This weekend we'll see how it works in 'regular' quests.

UurlockYgmeov
07-18-2014, 12:30 PM
been on our wishlist for awhile.

SirValentine
07-18-2014, 03:57 PM
You can't really accurately display DCs on the character sheet, as it can be different for every spell.

But they definitely should list the DC on the tool-tip for every single ability that has a DC, spell or not. Normal spells mostly (but not all) already do this, but a few spells, and many SLAs/enhancements/epic abilities, etc., do not list their DC.

doubledge
07-18-2014, 06:15 PM
You can't really accurately display DCs on the character sheet, as it can be different for every spell.

But they definitely should list the DC on the tool-tip for every single ability that has a DC, spell or not. Normal spells mostly (but not all) already do this, but a few spells, and many SLAs/enhancements/epic abilities, etc., do not list their DC.

They could just add DC MODIFIERS. Aka, if you had +2 necromancy from robe of night and +2 from enhancement Greater necromancy augment, it'd show up as +4 as the modifier.

OFC it'd contain modifiers added by stats, feats, and whatnot as well.