PDA

View Full Version : is there a cap to con dmg from shroud of the wraith?

ivstuntman
07-17-2014, 10:37 AM
I was thinking about a silly build lately

something like a wizard 12/monk 8

Across shroud of the wraith, displacement, and a few dodge items/perks/enhancments, you could get like 75% dodge, which means that the Violence Begets Violence enhancement would proc a lot, and shroud of the wraith would do a ton of con dmg

now the build would have awful saves and hp, so this would be barely worth it even if it procs all the time.

PsychoBlonde
07-17-2014, 11:01 AM
On Heroic difficulty, most elites and bosses have a limit to how much stat damage they can take to any one stat. When you hit that limit, a red shield icon flashes over their head. On epic difficulties stat damage heals VERY quickly on mobs and on Epic Hard and Elite they have partial resistance against stat damage. So, yeah, stat damage really becomes devalued at higher levels.

PsychoBlonde
07-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Also your miss chance would be 71.875%, not 75%.

Kylstrem
07-17-2014, 02:39 PM
yep, building a stat damager really isn't that useful anymore.

Back in the day, taking a Mob's CON to zero meant death. That was nerfed, and people stopped selling Wounding Rapiers of Puncturing for 2 million plat on the AH.

It's faster to just kill something now, than try to damage stats. If you can do both at the same time, that works out well, but usually you are better off with just pure DPS.

unbongwah
07-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Across shroud of the wraith, displacement, and a few dodge items/perks/enhancments, you could get like 75% dodge, which means that the Violence Begets Violence enhancement would proc a lot, and shroud of the wraith would do a ton of con dmg
I'm not sure if that's meant as hyperbole, but if it isn't, the max Dodge cap on a monk is still 28%, AFAIK: base 25% + 3% from Ninja Agility. If you had (Imp) Uncanny Dodge, the +25%/50% Dodge from that ignores Dodge cap, IIRC, but would require a heavy rog splash, since obviously you can't mix barb or bard / Swashbuckler with monk. Or are you expecting to keep Master's Blitz going indefinitely?

ddorimble
07-17-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure if that's meant as hyperbole, but if it isn't, the max Dodge cap on a monk is still 28%, AFAIK: base 25% + 3% from Ninja Agility. If you had (Imp) Uncanny Dodge, the +25%/50% Dodge from that ignores Dodge cap, IIRC, but would require a heavy rog splash, since obviously you can't mix barb or bard / Swashbuckler with monk. Or are you expecting to keep Master's Blitz going indefinitely?

Across shroud of the wraith, displacement, and a few dodge items/perks/enhancments, you could get like 75% dodge

He's talking about total miss chance between 35% Incorp, 25-30% Dodge, and 50% Displacement.

I think a Wounding of Puncturing using Wraith (probably including Swashbuckler for the sick crit range) standing in a Cloudkill would be hilariously fun at times, but mostly fall apart in EE. Still, good times until then...