PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about Manyshot/10k stars cooldown

ristretto93
07-15-2014, 08:40 AM
I have always had a hard time with the search function on these forums and was unable to find the info I need, so forgive me if this has been covered already. I am posting it in the ranger specific section though I could have posted elsewhere I imagine...

I was reading the DDOwiki when looking at building a ranged character and saw this piece of information:

"Using the Ten Thousand Stars ability places Manyshot on a 30 second cooldown and vise-versa."

...and the feat description for 10k stars in-game says something to this effect:
"Manyshot and Ten Thousand stars share cooldowns"

--- the actual cooldown is 1 min until 10k stars can be used again, while it used to be 2 minutes for Manyshot if I remember correctly. I don't want to take both feats if I cannot make use of both.

Does this mean you can either use 1 or the other and never use one after the other due to sharing cooldown? Or does it mean you can activate Manyshot, wait 30 seconds and activate 10k stars? As usual, the in-game descriptions are either misleading. incorrect, or both.

Thanks in advance :)

Rys
07-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Or does it mean you can activate Manyshot, wait 30 seconds and activate 10k stars?

This is correct. 10k stars places manyshot on a 30 secs cooldown and vice versa so the usual round is manyshot - 10k stars - 10k stars - manyshot.

ristretto93
07-15-2014, 08:57 AM
This is correct. 10k stars places manyshot on a 30 secs cooldown and vice versa so the usual round is manyshot - 10k stars - 10k stars - manyshot.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the quick answer.

My gut said that this was how it worked, but again the descriptions left a bit of doubt.

Yup - thanks!

Rys
07-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the quick answer.

My gut said that this was how it worked, but again the descriptions left a bit of doubt.

Yup - thanks!

No prob :)