PDA

View Full Version : Favored Soul questions.

Vinven
07-09-2014, 06:12 AM
Hello.

Back when I made my favored soul, I made it a drow as I based it off of a D&D character I played. I've been using the longsword, and I realized that elves in their enhancement trees get some nice bonuses to using them. So I've been considering possibly rerolling to elf, as it would make more sense as a warpriest. I did have a few questions though.

I know that the elf enhancement grace gives you +damage from dexterity. However it would still use strength for +hit, correct? Is this still worth getting for longsword use, as I would have to split points between strength and dexterity?

Finally, are shields still pretty much worthless in combat? I really like the idea of being a sort of tanky fighter/healer.

Stoner81
07-09-2014, 07:09 AM
Go STR based because you get access to Divine Might in the Warpriest tree which will add your CHA modifier to your STR score and it is powered by SP not turns. On top of that there are far more ways of boosting STR which all stack so you would end up do more damage. As for shields you need the feats to them worth while.

Stoner81.

Thalone
07-09-2014, 07:21 PM
All my serious characters carry shields for damage mitigation when things get hairy. The formula for blocking DR heavily favours having a shield (http://ddowiki.com/page/Active_blocking) and does not depend on proficiency. When incoming melee damage is not an issue, I stop blocking and revert to using whatever weapon style that character uses.

Blocking is less useful in EE due to the massive damage, but is significant in other difficulties.