PDA

View Full Version : Wow... So much has changed!

yabo
07-08-2014, 05:50 PM
It's been about 4 or so years since I last logged in (I think). When I logged out, I had 6rog/1mnk/6rng with tempest and some other stuff... Now I have a character who got reset and I have NO idea where I was going with that character because so much has changed.. I can tell you that I was focused on attack speed/TWF, AC, and UMD/rogue stats. I used Kamas and Shuriken from what it looks like. I don't have the stats in front of me, so I can't say what he has, but, I'm pretty sure I used +2 books on every stat.

Can anyone suggest a build or two for me to look at to try to re-discover the game a bit?

Thanks in advance! I can't wait to see what the game is like now!

Cardoor
07-08-2014, 06:02 PM
It's been about 4 or so years since I last logged in (I think). When I logged out, I had 6rog/1mnk/6rng with tempest and some other stuff... Now I have a character who got reset and I have NO idea where I was going with that character because so much has changed.. I can tell you that I was focused on attack speed/TWF, AC, and UMD/rogue stats. I used Kamas and Shuriken from what it looks like. I don't have the stats in front of me, so I can't say what he has, but, I'm pretty sure I used +2 books on every stat.

Can anyone suggest a build or two for me to look at to try to re-discover the game a bit?

Thanks in advance! I can't wait to see what the game is like now!

My advice would be to not use a build and instead be absolutely fearless about trying out your own ideas in the game. The more adventurous your journey the less the game will seem like an acronym in your thread title.

Soulfurnace
07-08-2014, 06:22 PM
My advice would be to not use a build and instead be absolutely fearless about trying out your own ideas in the game. The more adventurous your journey the less the game will seem like an acronym in your thread title.
I disagree. Play around on a different character, seeming that one (supposedly) has tomes on it. Get a feel for the game, experiment and when you've got used to it, then use the one with tomes and make him kick some ass.

Uidolon
07-08-2014, 06:37 PM
being able to selfheal has risen in importance and you should expect to be able to complete a quest without a "healer" so id suggest you roll a character that gives you this and lets you both explore the new quests alone if you prefer and in a team.

my money would be on a warforged artificer (new class) with a added 2lvls of monk to get evasion and 2 feat (monk new class melee uses fists super cool fightning animations but you get them for evasion at lvl2 and has a free feat at both lvl1 and 2.
artificer isnt a "caster" but has 1arm using repeating crossbows and 1 arm with a sort of "cannon" on it unique for artificer so his ranged and he can do traps like a rogue and heal warforged and mechanical things.

these days no build is final if you dont like your build you just reincarnate him starting over at lvl1 keeping all the items and bound items/tomes and get some bonus points for doing this. so while you could pull your old toon up to lvl20 which is what it needs to be to recincarnate this takes significant time and you might get "stuck" if you reach couple of lvls were your build is weak and its hard to find parties at that lvl so a artificier doesnt have that problem its superpoweful early since it uses repeaters and has selfhealing mid lvl its selfsufficient so adds decent damage while still being able to take care of itself without using wands costing money and for any dead lvls were its hard to find good exp or parties it can solo.

Battlehawke
07-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Its hard to say. If you are elf or helf, you could build easily into an AA/Monkcher like build with what you have. Otherwise I would suggest going with a Shortsword/Longbow Monkcher Varient. If Elf or Helf Dex based is an easy decision, otherwise you've got some tough decisions.

Maybe something like:

6 Monk for Ninja Master for Veil and Dex to hit and to damage with shortswords. Adept and Master of forms for a decent combination of defenses (dodge, AC, and PRR)
6 Ranger for Tempest TWF goodness, Endless Mana for Cacoon Healing, and Manyshot. You can get Caccoon and Furyshot at Epic levels which are game changers in DDO.
6 Rogue (mostly because you already have it) for trapper skills, sneak damage, and UMD.

The real question is the last two levels?

I would personally do 2 Rogue at lvls 19 and 20 and ensure Disable, Search and UMD are capped.

Other options would be a Q Staff build with Archery Options or a 13 Rog/6 Rgr/1 Mnk Q staff build but feats will be so very tight.

Either way you will need to work in Zen Archery if you want to be in stance......

....welcome back!

Ykt
07-09-2014, 05:44 AM
Enhancements can be reset. The trees are clearer now so you can easily decide how you spend your points.

yabo
07-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Its hard to say. If you are elf or helf, you could build easily into an AA/Monkcher like build with what you have. Otherwise I would suggest going with a Shortsword/Longbow Monkcher Varient. If Elf or Helf Dex based is an easy decision, otherwise you've got some tough decisions.

Maybe something like:

6 Monk for Ninja Master for Veil and Dex to hit and to damage with shortswords. Adept and Master of forms for a decent combination of defenses (dodge, AC, and PRR)
6 Ranger for Tempest TWF goodness, Endless Mana for Cacoon Healing, and Manyshot. You can get Caccoon and Furyshot at Epic levels which are game changers in DDO.
6 Rogue (mostly because you already have it) for trapper skills, sneak damage, and UMD.

The real question is the last two levels?

I would personally do 2 Rogue at lvls 19 and 20 and ensure Disable, Search and UMD are capped.

Other options would be a Q Staff build with Archery Options or a 13 Rog/6 Rgr/1 Mnk Q staff build but feats will be so very tight.

Either way you will need to work in Zen Archery if you want to be in stance......

....welcome back!

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I'll do a little googling on Monkchers.

A little more info: It looks like I went with A LG Drow, and he was in only robes. He had a naked AC of 35 at 13, and I bought a few enhancements (I had 50 available) and he's now at 40AC. Can you reset/respec the enhancements indefinitely? or is there eventually a penalty?

Did they change UMD? I had a lot of gear that he could wear on him that he was able to put on due to UMD but, now when I try to put them on, it's not letting me stating I'm not high enough level. Half of his Kamas are useless now until I get him 2/3rds of a level, and he actually had level 14 kamas equipped, but, it caused him to attack SUPER slow until i unequipped them and now I can't re-equip them.

But what I'm looking to do is to find a build that I can re-acclimate myself to the game with. I'll re-run old zones to get a feel, whatever, but was just wanting to see what people with similar builds chose so I can try to determine the why/how.

Thanks again for all of the feedback! I'm excited to rediscover the game, Even though my WOP is now "useless" =p