PDA

View Full Version : Religions and deitys suggestion for the Dwarf

Astbury
07-05-2014, 06:29 PM
About the religion and the flavored weapons, I mean why in this game the two base religions are so bad, Sovereign host and silver flame. So I have a Dwarf cleric in the board game clerics are so good, but we always choose the sovereign host as the main deity, so if we can think about this Elfs have a good religion and even the Drows, for the Warforged paladin they have the lord of blades.
So my first suggestion is bring to the Dwarf the Pelor and Moradin deity. Why not?
New flavored, weapon that actually is better option than the longsword and the longbow, new feats, and a new style on playing.
My Second suggestion is for the iconic, base races are better than the iconic races. The sun elf and the shadar kai are so weak, let people fix this races without the first class born, or if you think this going to damage the theme based iconic build you have to know that a kobold have more features than this iconic.
I love the game, I was waiting this chance since The Neverwinter Nights first game and ddo it’s so complex, to going deeper in this online scene we have to help with our opinions don’t be shy and bring our opinions here.

LuKaSu
07-06-2014, 08:59 PM
About the religion and the flavored weapons, I mean why in this game the two base religions are so bad, Sovereign host and silver flame. So I have a Dwarf cleric in the board game clerics are so good, but we always choose the sovereign host as the main deity, so if we can think about this Elfs have a good religion and even the Drows, for the Warforged paladin they have the lord of blades.
So my first suggestion is bring to the Dwarf the Pelor and Moradin deity. Why not?
New flavored, weapon that actually is better option than the longsword and the longbow, new feats, and a new style on playing.
My Second suggestion is for the iconic, base races are better than the iconic races. The sun elf and the shadar kai are so weak, let people fix this races without the first class born, or if you think this going to damage the theme based iconic build you have to know that a kobold have more features than this iconic.
I love the game, I was waiting this chance since The Neverwinter Nights first game and ddo it’s so complex, to going deeper in this online scene we have to help with our opinions don’t be shy and bring our opinions here.

I don't know much about the deities of D&D outside of DDO, but I googled the two that you mentioned and it showed Pelor as part of the Grewhawk campaign setting. I presume that makes it a no-go for DDO, but the Moradin one is Forgotten Realms, so I could see it fitting in with an iconic Dwarf fighter or crafter of some sort. Preferred weapon is a warhammer, so that could be interesting. Maybe it would give them some ideas for some new named warhammers.

FuzzyDuck81
07-07-2014, 01:52 AM
I disagree with sun elf being weak - ok, their divine weapon of choice may not be all that great (now, morningstar so they could use braising star.. that'd be awesome) but i've found the other racial capabilities they get to be excellent, if somewhat ironically best-suited to round out non-divines :)

TeacherSyn
07-07-2014, 07:41 AM

Unlike NWN, DDO has generally not followed the track of emphasizing much of Religion and deities into any racial or class abilities for benefits to the extent that other games have. Doesn't mean that aren't talking about the religion but its more a story element than a character element that can be weaponized. The campaign world of Eberron seems not designed to emphasize hard religious alliances; the Flame and the Host's deities are vague, Vulkoor is rather a lesser one and Vol seems to like her followers to be fickle. The gods in the Forgotten Realms, in contrast, are much more defined and active by way of its lore and what they can do for an adherent.

Visit the FR, and we're now hit on the head with the tales of Mystra, Lolth and much more. It adds to the fun, but because Turbine would have to make some substantial adjustments throughout all trees to accommodate this idea of "religious freedom" to strengthen our characters, I don't see it coming any time soon since our adventures generally come from Eberron, not Faerun (the Shador-Kai. PDK and Morninglord are exceptions, and both racially have an alignment to FR deities).

Gljosh
07-07-2014, 07:54 AM
I do agree that the lack of deity based weapon options is quite low and could add some nice flavor to the game. Maybe we will see more deities included in future settings, expansions, or iconics.

droid327
07-08-2014, 10:37 AM
I think not making Favored Weapons too meaningful was a deliberate and conscious decision by Turbine. They didn't want to promote pushing people into rigid, cookiecutter race-class-deity templates by layering racial weapon bonuses with prolific Favored Weapons bonuses, so that every Cleric was either an axe-wielding Dwarf of Dwarf-God-Who-Favors-Axes, or a scimitar-wielding Elf of Elf-God-Who-Favors-Scimitars, etc. etc.