PDA

View Full Version : Old returning player - Looking for Advice

Widgits
07-03-2014, 04:41 PM
So, I reinstalled DDO since I feel like an MMO/RPG is missing in my life and back when I played I had alot of fun with it.

Currently I believe most of my characters are still on Thelanis, and I played alot of Warforged apparently, Favored Soul and Rogues if I remember.

Anyways, before I re-activate my VIP status, I was curious to see what all has changed and if the game is still somewhat largely played by devoted DnD fans.

ANY help/advice would be great right now before clicking that subscribe button again.

count_spicoli
07-03-2014, 08:37 PM
How long have you been gone? Then we can try to tell you what has changed. And yes most of us are dnd fans.

Widgits
07-03-2014, 09:35 PM
How long have you been gone? Then we can try to tell you what has changed. And yes most of us are dnd fans.

It's likely been probably at least 5 years if not more? lol

Sianys
07-05-2014, 08:34 AM
5 years? Wow. Okay, well, a lot has changed since you were last here. :) (Seriously, that's the best summation I can give.)

You don't need to gather sigils for leveling, enhancements have changed into trees (and you can edit them without talking to a trainer), there are *more* enhancement lines, there's some Iconics (Bladeforged, Purple Dragon Knights, Shadar-Kai, etc), loot has changed (MLs on items, some new prefixes & suffixes, item augments), more adventures and raids... I could go on.

To get the most complete picture of what's changed, I recommend two things: one is check the release notes for the updates since you left, and second is to take a look at the recordings of the DDO peeps on Twitch.tv (here: http://www.twitch.tv/ddostream). The second will let you see everything that's changed in action.

Kasiddy
07-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Try this page at the wiki: http://ddowiki.com/page/Quests_by_update

The most remarkable changes as far as content goes would be the Menace of the Underdark expansion, including epic levels and epic destinies.
But all classes have undergone considerable revision, and there have been many new quests and items added.

Other developments:
Your old loot is mostly irrelevant.
Your old build probably won't work too well.
You will be told on the forums you should to be able to solo everything and self-heal. (The latter is somewhat more true than the former.)