PDA

View Full Version : Reign

Vanhooger
06-30-2014, 04:46 AM
I am using a swash with buckler on a 16bard/2rogue/2fighte pdk cha focused. And I was thinking about twist.

I just replaced Sense weakeness because I have no way to make mob helpless, and going for soundburst sla is way too expensive and maybe ineffective on gh-storm.
I'm very impressed how nice reign is on a 19-20 vorpal, high attack speed and doublestrike build. I don't feel I miss sense weakeness so much.

Do you think is worth it?

For now i'm going:

Reign
Legendary Shield mastery
Hail of blow
Cocoon

mezzorco
06-30-2014, 06:25 PM
I am using a swash with buckler on a 16bard/2rogue/2fighte pdk cha focused. And I was thinking about twist.

I just replaced Sense weakeness because I have no way to make mob helpless, and going for soundburst sla is way too expensive and maybe ineffective on gh-storm.
I'm very impressed how nice reign is on a 19-20 vorpal, high attack speed and doublestrike build. I don't feel I miss sense weakeness so much.

Do you think is worth it?

For now i'm going:

Reign
Legendary Shield mastery
Hail of blow
Cocoon

Sense weakness is +9.25 untyped damage per hit, on average, not counting bonus damage against helpless targets.
This is supposing that enemy health decreases linearly over time, but this is not realistic because vorpal effects can kill low health enemies right away.
So the real benefit from sense weakness is less than +9.25 untyped damage per hit.
However, even if you have no way to render an enemy helpless, other people in your party could, so +30% damage against helpless targets can kick in with the right party.

On the other hand, Reign does 231 damage per proc, on average, and with vorpal on 19-20 it means +23.1 damage per hit on average (compared to +9.25). Half damage is electrical, half sonic, so part of this damage can be resisted, but it could be increased by vulnerabilities, too.
If you carry a vorpal weapon, Reign is redundant against enemies with less than 1000 hp, unless said enemy is immune to vorpal effect.

All in all, yes, if you have no reliable mean to render your enemy helpless, Reign is much better than Sense weakness.

Vanhooger
07-01-2014, 03:52 AM
Sense weakness is +9.25 untyped damage per hit, on average, not counting bonus damage against helpless targets.
This is supposing that enemy health decreases linearly over time, but this is not realistic because vorpal effects can kill low health enemies right away.
So the real benefit from sense weakness is less than +9.25 untyped damage per hit.
However, even if you have no way to render an enemy helpless, other people in your party could, so +30% damage against helpless targets can kick in with the right party.

On the other hand, Reign does 231 damage per proc, on average, and with vorpal on 19-20 it means +23.1 damage per hit on average (compared to +9.25). Half damage is electrical, half sonic, so part of this damage can be resisted, but it could be increased by vulnerabilities, too.
If you carry a vorpal weapon, Reign is redundant against enemies with less than 1000 hp, unless said enemy is immune to vorpal effect.

All in all, yes, if you have no reliable mean to render your enemy helpless, Reign is much better than Sense weakness.

Thanks for the answer, that's what I was thinking, more or less. Yes, I miss sense waekness just in party when there is someone that make mob helpless.
As for now sitting on lvl 23 again and I replaced even reign for aria, to see how much does the sonic damage on crit scale with spell power near to 300. Just a test, I will be probably go back to reign as soon I get my perfect single weapon fighting.