PDA

View Full Version : 12rog /6ran/2art halfling build enhancement help

lethargos
06-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Max Int/dex secondary repeater build.
Twf/itwf/gtf , no ic planned for melee.
Using repeater and bow/manyshot mainly with full ranged feats and runearm.

The problem is what tier5 enhancement to choose.
What i absolutely need is snipershot from dws 11ap and targeting sights from mechanic 11ap.
Im leaning towards assassin tree for stealth^assassinate and melee oomph if ranged is not an option (???).
I could just spread all ap for max sa damage and goodies and not take t5 but that just feels wrong.

So please share your enhancements if you got a similar build or any ideas.

Linvak
06-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Max Int/dex secondary repeater build.
Twf/itwf/gtf , no ic planned for melee.
Using repeater and bow/manyshot mainly with full ranged feats and runearm.

The problem is what tier5 enhancement to choose.
What i absolutely need is snipershot from dws 11ap and targeting sights from mechanic 11ap.
Im leaning towards assassin tree for stealth^assassinate and melee oomph if ranged is not an option (???).
I could just spread all ap for max sa damage and goodies and not take t5 but that just feels wrong.

So please share your enhancements if you got a similar build or any ideas.

How set are u on ranger? 4 lvls of arti can get u fullisade. I'm not sure how potent the many shot is with 12 rogue, depending on the bab.

There is a decent build out there focused on repeater dmg and a high assassinate dc. But again, if your set on the level distribution u have, go for it. As far as tier 5s go, there really isn't much in either mechanic or dws. Dws does have some cool abilities higher up, but I'm just not sure if they are worth it. As far as the assassinate goes, not sure if ur planning on epic or not. Your dc should be fine for heroics, but I just don't see it being useful in epic.

So I think it all depends on what ur main goal is with this build.

lethargos
06-25-2014, 11:51 AM
Im not gonna alter the build.
I will propably go with the assassin t5. Maybe i will get assassinate to work on EN/EH.

Linvak
06-25-2014, 12:29 PM
Im not gonna alter the build.
I will propably go with the assassin t5. Maybe i will get assassinate to work on EN/EH.

That might work aswell. Shadowdancer will help with that.

arcattaii
06-30-2014, 04:24 AM
I played this build for a very long time. It is a very powerful dps build and you don't need to swap for melee weapon, just all ranged.

Repeater lack some burst dps, but manyshot compensate this, if you choose FotW ED. (remember to use manyshot wisely, because the -100% DS penalty also affect repeater)

The first T5 I played is 10% Doubleshot from Mechanic. It's plain and strong, increasing your dps very much.
The second T5 I played is Improved Precise Shot from DWS. Due to Precise Shot bug in the past, it gives you a net 50% dps increase almost all the time. But now it only worth in boss fight, and requires you to stand still. So I gave it up.
The third T5 I played is Slaying Arrow from AA. It's a huge AP waste if you want to get it. But Slaying Arrow worth the cost.(This require you to use FotW ED)

Other enhancement I suggest: Scroll/Wand Mastery from Mechanic, No Mercy from TAcrobat, Killer and Merciful Shot and Aimed Shot from DWS, Venomed Blade from Assassin, Leg Shot from Mechanic or DWS, core abilities from elf (which increase the PBS range and to hit) or halfling (which gives you some saves) enhancement. Choose them wisely :)

The only shortcoming of this build is Saves, so it requires you to have a good knowledge of how to fight in various situations.

I'm in my 3rgr3mnk TR loop. But I think I will go back to this build in the end.