PDA

View Full Version : I got a plan!

HastyPudding
06-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Step 1:
Take a 17th life caster (4 wizard, 4 sorcerer, 4 cleric, 2 FVS, 2 druid, 1 bard) and TR it.

Step 2:
Pick the Sun Elf Morninglord iconic character to skip the god-awful 1-14 leveling.

Step 3:
Go 14 bard/1 cleric, +1 LR, then go pure 20 bard for the spellsinger enhcancements (with caster past lives, it'll be great).

Step 4:
Wait for the upcoming improved spellsinger enhancements.

- Instead of the free feat from human, you gain elven arcanum, which eliminates the need for 1 spell penetration feat (combined with wiz/fvs past lives, this won't be an issue) and increases SP.

- While you still have slightly less charisma than a drow, you still have +1 enchantment DC's from enchantment lore and the above-mentioned elven arcanum.

- You gain full mass buffs from the Morninglord (mass aid, mass death ward, mass spell resist) which mesh well with the buffing capabilities of bards.

- Morninglord has synergy with the exalted angel destiny, which has proven to be an excellent destiny for spellcasting bards (sound burst sla, +3 dc's, extra spell points, cure mass wounds, etc).

Neat-o?

Psiandron
06-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Unless they changed something, PLs only stack up to 3x. So I fail to see why you's take 4 PLs in a class as part of a plan.

HastyPudding
06-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Unless they changed something, PLs only stack up to 3x. So I fail to see why you's take 4 PLs in a class as part of a plan.

The past lives were already taken, I'm on the 4th sorcerer life (the 17th), now...

...boredom, mostly. I was supposed to stop at a 4th wizard life but DC's were horrific back then and I never got back to it. I did a morninglord cleric life, as well, just for kicks.

Psiandron
06-23-2014, 11:43 AM
With all the new changes to bard, it looks like your build could work pretty well. All those PLs sure aren't going to hurt any.

You should definitely update occasionally. :)

TrinityTurtle
06-23-2014, 11:48 AM
Plans are good! I hope you have a lot of fun implementing it!