PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about druid wild shape

brian14
06-20-2014, 09:12 AM
I understand that equipped weapons do not affect melee damage in wolf or bear shape, just the weapon effects -- a Flaming club or Flaming scimitar both just add "Flaming". So my questions are:

1. If I equip a weapon with which I am not proficient, do I get non-proficiency penalties in animal shape?

2. If I equip two weapons, do I get penalties for not having TWF feat?

3. If I splash Artificer and equip a rune arm, do I get rune arm elemental damage in wild shape? That is, 1-4 electrical with Flicker, 2-8 fire with Hand of the Tombs, etc.?

unbongwah
06-20-2014, 12:50 PM
I understand that equipped weapons do not affect melee damage in wolf or bear shape, just the weapon effects -- a Flaming club or Flaming scimitar both just add "Flaming".
To clarify: the dmg effects from your mainhand weapon will carry over to animal form; and if it's a burst weapon, the effect is based on your animal-form's crit multiplier, not the weapon's. Also if your mainhand is a wooden weapon and you cast Shillelagh on it, the +0.5[W] (or 1.0[W] if it's a wooden staff) from the spell gets applied to animal form. But only passive bonuses will apply from your offhand (be it a weapon, shield, or orb): e.g., Seeker, Spellpower, Parrying, etc.

3. If I splash Artificer and equip a rune arm, do I get rune arm elemental damage in wild shape? That is, 1-4 electrical with Flicker, 2-8 fire with Hand of the Tombs, etc.?
Not sure about the first two anymore, but I can definitely answer the 3rd question; equipping a RA violates your druidic oath, so you can't shapeshift, cast spells, etc.