PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) Tuesday, June 17th

Cordovan
06-16-2014, 04:22 PM
UPDATE: The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in the game!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Tuesday, June 17th from 7:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Cordovan
06-16-2014, 04:23 PM
There is a larger patch coming later, but this first patch will address several issues, full details released with the Release Notes tomorrow.

UurlockYgmeov
06-16-2014, 04:25 PM
+1 Yes. Awesome!

Hopefully this fixes monk 10K class feat bug and many other recent oopses. :D

Toro12
06-16-2014, 04:37 PM
+1 Yes. Awesome!

Hopefully this fixes monk 10K class feat bug and many other recent oopses. :D

10k stars , bag storage , crafting just about anything. They would all be nice

UurlockYgmeov
06-16-2014, 04:42 PM

agree!

JoyfulEagle
06-16-2014, 04:53 PM

Ageed. Bags and crafting are probably the biggest hitters for the most number of people.

viktorserak
06-16-2014, 05:22 PM
Ageed. Bags and crafting are probably the biggest hitters for the most number of people.

Quite strangely, the GS altar being broken actually prevented me to do a bad mistake :-D

Tscheuss
06-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Quite strangely, the GS altar being broken actually prevented me to do a bad mistake :-D

Right. GS bunny slippers have to be pink. Any other color makes them gimp. :)

Tscheuss
06-16-2014, 05:31 PM

Oh, yes! Please let the storage and crafting be fixed.

Dandonk
06-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Would like to see this fix the dispellable property the new XP buff has. Please?

Bargol
06-16-2014, 05:33 PM
Hopefully its also fixes for all the bugged amenities, and maybe amenities dropping in chests.....

...and new prices for AS ships.

sacredguyver
06-16-2014, 06:14 PM
If this small patch does nothing else, at least FIX CRAFTING!

UurlockYgmeov
06-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Hopefully its also fixes for all the bugged amenities, and maybe amenities dropping in chests.....
yes please

...and new prices for AS ships.
a must.

dontmater
06-16-2014, 07:50 PM
for the love of the gods, they beter fix the bag/ inventory mess they made. i know they are trying to stop "features" but its ****ing allot of us off. cant even do basic inventory management

hunzi2010
06-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Hey Cordovan ,

great to see we getting some fixes. please remember alot of toons also getting stuck when they enter the 3BC wilderness area also. (have sent multiple reports in)

just some feedback from alot of people I have chatted with too, to pass back to your team.
There is a lot of players myself included who would have preferred the updated be delayed a week or so before release so that all bugs could have been ironed out.
Remember I am VIP and alot of people I play with are also, and we are loyal DDO players as we pay a subscription, we dont jump over to other games when new ones get released as we have an invested interest in this game, due to our monthly subscription.
I believe the release was brought forward to compete with wildstar's release.
Remember this game as a whole is more of a mature based game and the majority of people that play it grew up playing pen and paper, and still do.
this game is unique and will always be supported (myself included).

so for future, remember there are a lot of people out there that are more than happy to wait that extra week or 2 before a release to ensure there is no bugs.
Just wanted to pass it on so you guys are aware.
Cheers.

Hunzi

GreenGurgler
06-16-2014, 09:28 PM
What makes them money/costs them money being broke?

What will be the first thing they fix?

shared bag.

That's where my money is on what is fixed tomorrow/first.

:rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong, any fixes are good. just making an observation.

dontmater
06-16-2014, 09:58 PM
i just noticed this
https://careers.timewarner.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=391&siteid=36&jobid=696204

at least they know they need help

Nestroy
06-16-2014, 11:04 PM
OK thank you for the advance notice! Plenty of time for my planning (of work).

Looking forward for the fix list.

RedOrm
06-16-2014, 11:27 PM
Hey Cordovan ,

great to see we getting some fixes. please remember alot of toons also getting stuck when they enter the 3BC wilderness area also. (have sent multiple reports in)

just some feedback from alot of people I have chatted with too, to pass back to your team.
There is a lot of players myself included who would have preferred the updated be delayed a week or so before release so that all bugs could have been ironed out.
Remember I am VIP and alot of people I play with are also, and we are loyal DDO players as we pay a subscription, we dont jump over to other games when new ones get released as we have an invested interest in this game, due to our monthly subscription.
Remember this game as a whole is more of a mature based game and the majority of people that play it grew up playing pen and paper, and still do.

so for future, remember there are a lot of people out there that are more than happy to wait that extra week or 2 before a release to ensure there is no bugs.
Cheers.

Hunzi

Agreed. I and all that I spoke to would have been fine (many were frankly expecting to) to wait another week or 2 while further debugging and finetuning was done.

Greetz,
Red Orm

Fedora1
06-17-2014, 04:24 AM
Please give me back my augments and 80+ Tokens of the Twelve from the bank collectable tab. Thanks! :)

Anyone else notice a huge reduction in comms drop rate in Highroad? The ones for the PDK, War Wizards, etc. In 25 rares with a character at L18 (same level as heroic high road) I have seen exactly 2 comms.

UurlockYgmeov
06-17-2014, 06:02 AM
Release Notes?

yeah - the servers have been down for 2 whole minutes for this patch.

Shoot me - I'm bored and want to read the patches release notes already.

Bart_D
06-17-2014, 06:18 AM
Is a link coming up? I'd like to read about deconstruction and other fixes...

Reafwalk
06-17-2014, 06:42 AM
Release Notes?

yeah - the servers have been down for 2 whole minutes for this patch.

Shoot me - I'm bored and want to read the patches release notes already.

I'm witchoo. I wanted the patch notes before the servers ever came down.

wraxzz
06-17-2014, 06:48 AM
Does this by any chance include the inability to retain guild buffs by some characters? Had an issue yesterday after receiving an airship invite. GET BUFFS, ping, ping... wait what? two pings? *gets stripped of all buffs on second ping*

wraxzz
06-17-2014, 06:53 AM
I'm witchoo. I wanted the patch notes before the servers ever came down.

yes, since I learned how to read, all I ever wanted was release notes

edit: same day release notes of course

edit2: where the heck did that double post come from?!

Satyriasys
06-17-2014, 07:20 AM
Does this by any chance include the inability to retain guild buffs by some characters? Had an issue yesterday after receiving an airship invite. GET BUFFS, ping, ping... wait what? two pings? *gets stripped of all buffs on second ping*

Are you in a guild? I noticed yesterday my unguilded toon was unable to receive the new buffs. Once in awhile you can get them to stick but they disappear soon after.

Cordovan
06-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-22-patch-1-release-notes) are up.

Nestroy
06-17-2014, 07:55 AM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-22-patch-1-release-notes) are up.

Sounds like good work to fix the worst of U22. Thx for the info and work. Hopefully the timetable will be kept.

Tscheuss
06-17-2014, 07:55 AM

Banquet Hall will do that to a guildless character.

morkahn82
06-17-2014, 07:59 AM
I read the release notes, good job.

Cordovan
06-17-2014, 08:53 AM
The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in the game!

SirShen
06-17-2014, 08:56 AM
The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in the game!

Sadly the patch servers are not. :(

Blackheartox
06-17-2014, 08:56 AM
And the masses have rejoiced!

eris2323
06-17-2014, 08:58 AM

It's been an hour since you posted this, and the patch servers are still not patching....

(woops, apparently it hasn't been an hour, and once I logged in the correct time was shown... my mistake...)

still...

I know booting up those commodore 64's can take a while, but you may need to check on things.

Lifespawn
06-17-2014, 09:00 AM
It's been an hour since you posted this, and the patch servers are still not patching....

I know booting up those commodore 64's can take a while, but you may need to check on things.

it's been 7 minutes....

eris2323
06-17-2014, 09:01 AM
it's been 7 minutes....

post edited.

see above.

DemonStorm333
06-17-2014, 09:01 AM

worlds might have reopen but patch server has not

Nestroy
06-17-2014, 09:04 AM

Well, perhaps the patch servers need still some patching ^^.

Edit: Hamsters still on coffe break?

2nd edit: Break over, Hamsters have gone back to work. Patch is loading.

SirShen
06-17-2014, 09:05 AM

Hamsters are running at full speed now, Its patching.

DemonStorm333
06-17-2014, 09:06 AM

ugh ok hate this cant edit on IE but seems my cliet has fially found a hamster to work

Satyriasys
06-17-2014, 09:06 AM

2nd edit: Break over, Hamsters have gone back to work. Patch is loading.

NEVER give hamsters coffee! We don't want a repeat of last year.

Cordovan
06-17-2014, 09:07 AM
All right, worlds are now actually open. Sorry for the delay.

Sillk
06-17-2014, 09:12 AM
So we still can't take 10k stars as a Monk Bonus Feat? Was hoping this would be part of the patch, since it affects a few people leveling.

Mind giving us a free feat exchange, so we can level on?

Caarb
06-17-2014, 09:14 AM
Would like to see this fix the dispellable property the new XP buff has. Please?

Sadly it didnt

DanteEnFuego
06-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Any chance the LoB elemental room teleports were fixed? Only the person clicking on the switch is teleported in. We had a toon get stuck in the earth room last night, solo, without an ability to negate/avoid earth grab. Even after he died, we couldn't send anyone else in. He even finished out and logged off, but no one else could get in. GM auto completed to unlock the spirit chest for the 4 of us who waited 30+ minutes.

nettystreeter
06-17-2014, 09:42 AM
i haven't play the game for quite sometime now been well over a year I think I got lvl 20 monk and I just recently got new tower install the game while it was doing its update downtime and now after I enter my username and password pick my area were my guys are it gives me a error 201 any idea how I fix this?

Dnay
06-17-2014, 09:54 AM
i haven't play the game for quite sometime now been well over a year I think I got lvl 20 monk and I just recently got new tower install the game while it was doing its update downtime and now after I enter my username and password pick my area were my guys are it gives me a error 201 any idea how I fix this?

This is happening to me, too!

zeto1074
06-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Hey Cordovan ,

Cheers.

Hunzi

+1

Loromir
06-17-2014, 10:21 AM
i just noticed this
https://careers.timewarner.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=391&siteid=36&jobid=696204

at least they know they need help

Notice...it is a temporary position. HMMMM????

arturmeinild
06-17-2014, 10:54 AM
Update appreciated... But why on earth is it not possible to split stacks from the Deposit Box??? As it is now you can only remove an entire stack, which means you can forget everything about ordering items in the deposit box - and manual reordering is not possible either. This is not very useful, and I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate the ability to split stacks and remove a certain amount of a stack from the box. I've filed bug report for this, and also for the issue that you can't have both the bank and storage bag open at the same time...

susiedupfer
06-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Exactly where do we find the refunded AS for the reduction of ship price? Neither the first mate nor the airship vendor have any record of a refund. I assure you I am an officer in my guild.

Also- druid wolves do not get buffs from amenity bar either.

IconicHero
06-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Exactly where do we find the refunded AS for the reduction of ship price? Neither the first mate nor the airship vendor have any record of a refund. I assure you I am an officer in my guild.

Also- druid wolves do not get buffs from amenity bar either.

once you put in your request to a dm you should get your ticket auto closed and if you go to the airship showroom it should have the as in your guild bank! If they are not there after taking those step might want to contact a dm again or ask your guild leader to check the balance maybe it doesnt show for officers i am a guild leader and checked on that toon!

susiedupfer
06-17-2014, 12:02 PM
once you put in your request to a dm you should get your ticket auto closed and if you go to the airship showroom it should have the as in your guild bank! If they are not there after taking those step might want to contact a dm again or ask your guild leader to check the balance maybe it doesnt show for officers i am a guild leader and checked on that toon!

Thank you so much!

rohmer
06-17-2014, 12:42 PM
I saw something in the Rel Notes stating Crafting was fixed, but it did not specifically call out GS.

Did GS crafting get fixed with this (Fingers crossed, as I just hit 12 and have all my mats to make me a GS Heavy Repeater for my Artificer)

BTW +100000 on the quick turnaround on the bugfixes.

kanordog
06-17-2014, 01:32 PM
"Crafting

Cannith Crafting
Item Deconstruction now works correctly.
Fixed an issue that prevented the Altar of Epic Rituals and several other item upgrade systems and crafting altars from working correctly."

Thank You!

Psiandron
06-17-2014, 01:44 PM
I saw something in the Rel Notes stating Crafting was fixed, but it did not specifically call out GS.

Did GS crafting get fixed with this?

Would like to see an official response to this.

Oh who am I kidding, I'd appreciate it if anyone chimed in about it. ;P

rohmer
06-17-2014, 03:29 PM
"Crafting

Cannith Crafting
Item Deconstruction now works correctly.
Fixed an issue that prevented the Altar of Epic Rituals and several other item upgrade systems and crafting altars from working correctly."

Thank You!

Yes, I read that too. Note it doesn't call out Greensteel. At any rate Ill know tonight.

wraxzz
06-17-2014, 05:04 PM
Are you in a guild? I noticed yesterday my unguilded toon was unable to receive the new buffs. Once in awhile you can get them to stick but they disappear soon after.

I was guildless at that time too- have we found the source?

Thar
06-17-2014, 06:39 PM
All right, worlds are now actually open. Sorry for the delay.

Any fix to the autotargetting ballista's that do instadeath aoe damage in storm the beaches?

sudoroot
06-18-2014, 11:19 AM
Still glitching guys......

If the bank is open and I open any bag the bank closes, kinda annoying.

If dragging item from one bag and gathering from the other seems to work a couple of times them stops completely.

I realize it was a quick fix patch to get things moving along, however I just thought I'd mention it just in case you arent aware of the issue.

Other than that I know people have mixed feeling on the u22 patch but I for one like where its going.

Psiandron
06-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Still glitching guys......

If the bank is open and I open any bag the bank closes, kinda annoying.

That part is WAI.