PDA

View Full Version : Launcher stuck at Downloading files from Akamai

wrmydermy
06-15-2014, 06:06 PM
So i downloaded the game about two weeks ago and it worked fine for about a week. Then i went to play one day and it was downloading updates, but it kept failing to update and giving an error saying "Unable to access data files." and to make sure they existed and that I had permission to write them. By first instinct i uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Now it sits at Downloading files from Akamai and wont get any further. I've uninstalled and reinstalled at least 5 times now with the same result. How can i fix this?

Lonnbeimnech
06-15-2014, 08:15 PM
So i downloaded the game about two weeks ago and it worked fine for about a week. Then i went to play one day and it was downloading updates, but it kept failing to update and giving an error saying "Unable to access data files." and to make sure they existed and that I had permission to write them. By first instinct i uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Now it sits at Downloading files from Akamai and wont get any further. I've uninstalled and reinstalled at least 5 times now with the same result. How can i fix this?

wild guess, your firewall is blocking akami.

wrmydermy
06-15-2014, 08:56 PM
wild guess, your firewall is blocking akami.

How would i go about adding something like Akami to the firewall?

EDIT: just tried turning off the firewall and i get the same result

Netherscape
06-21-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm also having this issue (new player), unable to get past Akami updater. Any ideas?

And no; it's not my firewall. It was allowed to begin with but even with disabling it, the situation doesn't change.

Atwan
06-21-2014, 04:57 PM
please I just want to play

Atwan
06-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Is there a way to uninstall Akamai? Or does anyone have an idea?

NeuroKnight
06-22-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm having issues with connecting to Akamai at all. When I open DDO, I get the Akamai EULA pop up, click agree, then wait ten secs, have it again. It's a repetitive thing. It seems that Akamai just won't stay open on my PC. Anyone have a solution for this?

downwithpeace
06-24-2014, 05:31 AM
Is there a way to uninstall Akamai? Or does anyone have an idea?

You can uninstall it through Add or Remove Programs from control panel.

This might be of help.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/437678-Solved-U21-Akamai-Agree-Loop

Atwan
06-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Can anyone help with this? I read about installing a different way but I don't understand it at all. Help.

Seikojin
06-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Can anyone help with this? I read about installing a different way but I don't understand it at all. Help.

Someone in the workaround thread mentioned installing Akami separately:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/437678-Solved-U21-Akamai-Agree-Loop?p=5292882&viewfull=1#post5292882

After fighting with this for a while I just managed to get akamai installed. I had to download it separately, unhide the appdata folder and run the installer as administrator to get it it install properly.

darkiris
08-01-2014, 11:28 AM
So I am having an issue where my launcher wont load anything. So I went back to uninstall it because it was not working properly. Now it wont uninstall because it says turbinelauncher.exe was still running. I went into task manager and tried to end it but it tells me access denied. Also I found DDO progressive running too but I did not click the play instantly install i clicked the install and play and now that cannot be removed either. I am very frustrated at this point. Can anyone help me? I already contacted tech support and they have no idea how to help me uninstall it! Ugh!