PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashes

ctkdjane3a3
06-11-2014, 05:30 PM
I am a free to Play player primerim account not sure if anyone can help but I am playing the game and then I get kick off the screen flashes and I am back in Windows as if the game never was on. I can get back on but seems to have happen since I reloaded the game is there a fix for this issue. Or a fix I need to do to fix it?

Livmo
06-12-2014, 08:39 AM
I am a free to Play player primerim account not sure if anyone can help but I am playing the game and then I get kick off the screen flashes and I am back in Windows as if the game never was on. I can get back on but seems to have happen since I reloaded the game is there a fix for this issue. Or a fix I need to do to fix it?

I get this when I switch accounts. The issue does not seem to be on my end. The solution is to reboot your computer.

After switching accounts reboot. Or, if the game keeps dropping to desktop, reboot the machine. I don't think there is anything the user can do to fix this other than to reboot. It may or may not solve your issue if it's the same as mine.

shf9302
06-15-2014, 04:49 PM

I have this happen frequently. Really sucks when I am in the middle of a dungeon. I have no idea why it is happening. I used to paly 2 years ago and this was not a problem.

Penzor21
06-17-2014, 10:06 AM
This happens to me as well, even after a reboot. My issue started after update 22.

kendo
07-06-2014, 01:24 PM
my issue started with release 21. until then, I almost never disconnected from the game. frame rate wasn't always fantastic but never dropped connection. ever since release 21, I constantly drop straight out of the client to desktop. no error message and totally random. it can happen when first entering a quest, part way through a quest, don't even need to be in a quest. the last time it happened, earlier today, I was checking in the bank to see how many dragon shards I had and considering whether I wanted to take a chance on running some cove. well, after dropping right to desktop from the bank, that pretty much answered that question.

have been with DDO from beta and stayed as a premium account but that is about to end if I cannot figure out a way to actually play the game without the constant disconnects. I have reloaded the game, updated drivers, defragged the hard drive, ran all the disc check programs, etc. everything reports back with no errors, bad sectors or other issues and all other applications, including online games still have no issues. only DDO and only since update 21.

has anyone had similar issues and found a way to resolve them?

running windows 7, 16 GB ram, geForce GTX560 video card. would certainly think it has the specs to handle DDO but something started with update 21 that just is not playing nice with something else and any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I really miss my DDO but it just isn't any fun wondering when the next crash is coming :(