PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Server Downtime: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) Wednesday, June 11th

Cordovan
06-09-2014, 04:56 PM
UPDATE: The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, June 11th from 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to launch Update 22: Pirates of the Thunder Sea. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Dandonk
06-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Shinies! :)

Livmo
06-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Went to jump up for joy and hit knee on underside of desk. Still happy but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM3mqjqrKc8

BTW it's never funny when I hit my funny bone. Over the years I'm still trying to find a connection there.

ForgettableNPC
06-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Argh! Keelhaul me jib and refasten the falafels! We sail for the Thunder Seas, men (and women, and children, and ungendered extraplanar aberrations)!

'Tis will be a fine day ta' pillage, plunder, and privateer as a pirate!

Y'arrrrrrr!

(via gruff, grouchy pirate voice)

Okay, I've found my Dread Admiral's Tricorne and Brigand's Cutlass, but where did I leave my Eyepatch of Patchiness?

madmaxhunter
06-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Thought I'd jump in early, I'm sure this one will be a doozy. I'll give the answer: "We tossed 'em in the bilge... argh. Give us all ye Astral Shards or we'll strip yer ship bare... argh".

Lycurgus
06-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Will sagas be turned back on?

The_Human_Cypher
06-09-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm excited!

Aelonwy
06-09-2014, 06:59 PM
I am not excited. I'm torn I want to play epic 3BC but I feel they're rushing it and Guild changes and it all needs more polishing. Yep torn.

UurlockYgmeov
06-09-2014, 07:51 PM
starts emptying backpack for new shinies...

Uurlock wants to be a wraiph!

enteriiblackwater
06-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Time for some Alestorm :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta-Z_psXODw

Ent

amylee4000
06-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Just in time for the DDO LiveStream in Twitch...:)

haulindonkey
06-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Time for some Alestorm :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta-Z_psXODw

Ent

Scottish Pirate metal! Awesomesauce! Loves me my heavy metal musiks :)

Seriously, Thanks Ent.

P.S. For metal heads that love DDO, might want to rock their albums while pwning Epic 3BC after wednesday....

Gizeh
06-09-2014, 08:16 PM

I certainly hope so, they were down long enough.

Marupal
06-09-2014, 08:53 PM

They were up and running on Lamannia and U22 is when they've been saying they would return.

Should be good news for us on Wednesday. :)

MangLord
06-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Wow. I wasn't expecting this update for another couple weeks, given all the stuff it contains. Not that I'm not excited, but I just hope everything is mostly in good working order, or at least the important stuff. A buggy ship would be awful.

Livmo
06-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Scottish Pirate metal! Awesomesauce! Loves me my heavy metal musiks :)

Seriously, Thanks Ent.

P.S. For metal heads that love DDO, might want to rock their albums while pwning Epic 3BC after wednesday....

Got just the thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4aUPC0zMok&feature=related

Hiponic
06-09-2014, 10:09 PM
I been hearing around the lobster bar of a +20 heart for toon's... *Crosses toe's*

The_Human_Cypher
06-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Will Guild Vaults be live when Update 22 rolls out on Wednesday? Guild Vaults for the new airships are not available on Lamannia as of Monday evening.

Nestroy
06-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Just a few questions:

+ Have the reported bugs from Lamaland been fixed? Especially with the defunct 2nd tier (Typhoon?) AS ship and the nonworking tavern area effects on the ship?
+ What will be the correct prices now for the new guild ship amenities - is there any list or do you just put in the Lamaland prices?

Thank you for info.

Hendrik
06-09-2014, 11:14 PM
When legacy ship buffs are discontinued, will the 5% XP Shrine be ONLY available for 1510 astral shards or will it be available for plat?

Are AS even dropping in game beyond the very rare DD roll?

Will ALL amenities be sold for plat?

We have been able to buy amenities for plat up until now, and when they are discontinued, why charge real money for them when there is no reasonable way to earn them in game?

Will there be a ship trade in, like we have had prior to U22, where we can sell back our ship for discount on the upgrade or new ship?

Will the Upgraded ships be ONLY available for AS?

Seikojin
06-10-2014, 12:20 AM
That was fast. Epic fast! :) I can't wait to hit those quests!

Seikojin
06-10-2014, 12:26 AM
When legacy ship buffs are discontinued, will the 5% XP Shrine be ONLY available for 1510 astral shards or will it be available for plat?

Are AS even dropping in game beyond the very rare DD roll?

Will ALL amenities be sold for plat?

We have been able to buy amenities for plat up until now, and when they are discontinued, why charge real money for them when there is no reasonable way to earn them in game?

Will there be a ship trade in, like we have had prior to U22, where we can sell back our ship for discount on the upgrade or new ship?

Legacy buffs will be available until the new AS ones are dropping in chests.

Astral Diamonds still drop in game.

Not all amenities will be plat. Some combo ones and convenience ones will be AS.

Amenities that you have had will be available for use in the cargo hold until they stop selling them. The plat new amenities will do the same as the old ones and then some. The resists won't be 30, however they will stack with spells/pots, etc, where old ones didn't. So I don't see the real money argument.

Your current ship will convert to a new version of the same kind/size. Upgrades will be the same if you have a plat ship, no discount since you already have a ship with extra hooks.

There will be deluxe versions. All the deluxe ships are AS only. They have some more hookpoints, and the highest grade should have enough for every large amenity, however, the larges are mainly convenience items.

Seikojin
06-10-2014, 12:27 AM
Just a few questions:

+ Have the reported bugs from Lamaland been fixed? Especially with the defunct 2nd tier (Typhoon?) AS ship and the nonworking tavern area effects on the ship?
+ What will be the correct prices now for the new guild ship amenities - is there any list or do you just put in the Lamaland prices?

Thank you for info.

I think the ships are fixed, however what do you mean defunct. Also last time I checked tavern stuff did work, and there was a known issue where you had to zone in and out of the top deck if you used the buff bar to get the banquet buff.

janave
06-10-2014, 12:40 AM
So I have one afternoon to enjoy my Archer? Well at least I made it there this time :D.

ycheese123
06-10-2014, 03:26 AM
What are the odds of everything in guild chests getting lost? Should I take everything out, or..?

Belarkan
06-10-2014, 03:33 AM
I am not excited. [...] I feel they're rushing it and Guild changes and it all needs more polishing.

I get the same feeling, but nothing to be done about it. Let's enjoy the fancy new stuff that are working, the sagas coming back. And let's hope patch 1 is coming soon to fix the rest...

Shinjiteru
06-10-2014, 04:40 AM
I hope the update this week already includes the fix to permissions to buy the new airship amenities. Already bug reported it this weekend but on lammania only the guild leader can BUY the new airship amenities and it's summer time and some guild leaders might be on vacation... Could be very disappointing for some guilds if they are not able to buy the new shrines for some weeks.

FuzzyDuck81
06-10-2014, 07:21 AM
I been hearing around the lobster bar of a +20 heart for toon's... *Crosses toe's*

It'd be awesome if this was true, but can't see it happening again tbh, one new enhancement line is pretty different to a change to the entire enhancement system after all. Still, would be great if they were at least made available in the store, probably would end up being about 1995 TP at a guesstimate.

slarden
06-10-2014, 07:38 AM

As of today on Lam, there are 3 new plat ships that are unlocked at 100, 130 and 150. They are plat only - no AS.

There are 3 new AS ships that can only be upgraded from the Stormglory Typhon sequentially. These are labled as guild levels 100, 130 and 150, but there is no min guild level to upgrade. So a level 55 guild that has the existing level 55 AS guild ship can by the typhoon followed by the new AS 100, 130 and 150 ships regardless of guild level. The only requirement is having the prior AS ship to upgrade.

There is no way on Lam to upgrade from a plat ship to an AS ship. There are no discounts, but the prices are lower than the old prices.

Typhoon is now 1000 AS vs. 2000 to upgrade from the plat ship and vs. over 3000 to buy outright @ level 85. The level 100, 130 and 150 AS ships are 1k, 2k and 3k AS (6k total to upgrade form typhoon), but the last upgrade is completely unnecessary as you will have unused hookpoints. Getting the top plat ship gives you everything that is currently available. Presumably there will be more in the future, but that hasn't been discussed.
\
I don't believe the AS ships will ever be available for plat or ever drop in loot. It's like the old system with a different upgrade mechanic.

GeoffWatson
06-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Will Sting of the Ninja be fixed for shuriken?

Geoff.

TeacherSyn
06-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Will Sting of the Ninja be fixed for shuriken?

Geoff.

Great question. There are many ninja ready to send the pirates back to the briny deep they came from.

I relish the thought of sabotaging their ships.

And don't get me started on the Epic "Storming the Beaches" gone Normandy-landing terror. Looking very forward to it all.

Fedora1
06-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Not to be a downer but all I'll say is don't plan on taking time off this week or next to play DDO. My guess is we'll see the update take longer than planned, and a good chance of something getting broken that will cause the servers to be taken down again once or twice with little notice.

Otherwise.... Three cheers for our bonny good devs. Arrrgh!

Lanadazia
06-10-2014, 11:36 AM

as far as i understood the preview stuff, there will be common amenities for plat like today, and rarer ones for AS/TP
those for AS/TP also drop on saga reward lists

no warranty! i've read this like a month ago, but they put the new ships in relation with sagas at some point

Edit:
i have a question myself: is there going to be a spirit binder on the airship?? its what i wish for since i joined a guild!

Bargol
06-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Hey remember the update that removed all walls in quests?

Zoning in made all mobs in dungeon aggro on you all at once...they could shoot through walls and floors but you couldn't. It was an awesome experience to run everything at instant red alert.

Maybe this "wonderful" update to guild buffs will also bring back that "wonderful" experience. You never know what will happen when they start tinkering.

:D

PookaWitch
06-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Hmmm, I don't think that I could properly express how I feel about this, so I'll use Phaeshalee to say it for me.

*sketches up a doodle*

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/PookaWitch/Eilistraee/PhaeDDOExcited.jpg

Yes Phae, that just about says how I feel... zomg, zomg, yes yes yes.

The_Human_Cypher
06-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Typhoon is now 1000 AS vs. 2000 to upgrade from the plat ship and vs. over 3000 to buy outright @ level 85. The level 100, 130 and 150 AS ships are 1k, 2k and 3k AS (6k total to upgrade form typhoon), but the last upgrade is completely unnecessary as you will have unused hookpoints. Getting the top plat ship gives you everything that is currently available. Presumably there will be more in the future, but that hasn't been discussed.

This is not entirely true. Guild Vaults are not currently available on Lamannia but Guild Vaults I to V (at Guild Level 150) should be available with Update 22 or later. In order to have every small hook and large hook amenity available (including Guild Vault), 23 small hooks and 6 large hooks are necessary. The largest plat ship in the Volant series has 22 small hooks and 5 (?) large hooks. The largest shard ship, the Daedalean Kraken, is required in order to have 23 small hooks and 6 large hooks out of its 26 small hooks and 7 large hooks. So there are wasted hooks for higher level guilds that can consolidate buffs with the large amenities with the Daedalean Kraken but this ship is still necessary for all of the buffs, even at Guild Level 150.

TeacherSyn
06-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Hmmm, I don't think that I could properly express how I feel about this, so I'll use Phaeshalee to say it for me.

*sketches up a doodle*

I...I think I just leveled. ;)

Nice art as always, Lu.

Livmo
06-10-2014, 01:16 PM

*sketches up a doodle*

Awesome drawing!

PookaWitch
06-10-2014, 04:42 PM
I...I think I just leveled. ;)

Nice art as always, Lu.

I really hope that was dirty innuendo. XD

Awesome drawing!
Thanks, it's more of a scribble. lol

And, it really does better express how I feel about this update tomorrow. lol I'm such a girl, I'm too excited about getting a bigger ship and putting stuff in it to play around with. XD

poltt48
06-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Yeah would love a 20 heart to so can twist in some new swashy bard.

XiaNYdE
06-11-2014, 03:39 AM
While i am happy to see this hit tonight if for nothing else other then the return of sagas, am i the only one that sees a bad moon rising here? There seems to be an awful lot not finished/not working in the guild changes alone, it just seems extremely rushed to me.

Wh070aa
06-11-2014, 04:16 AM
O look, A rushed update, while ewryone in Lamania is complaining about bugs. No way this can go wrong.

I hope I don't accidentally log out in tavern, and cant log on afterwords till Update 22.1.

No, that is not gonna happen to a 1/3rd of the player base.

Well I hope they read the bug reports, and that the bug reporting tool isn't broken as always.

Yea right lol.

stoerm
06-11-2014, 05:00 AM
Hey remember the update that removed all walls in quests?

I don't. How long ago was that, and how many updates without missing walls have there been since?

Will there be bugs? Always. Maybe the sky will fall. Maybe not.

Hiponic
06-11-2014, 05:05 AM
Yea, I dont think were getting a Free +20 This update.. or even a Free LR.. though im sure most people who actually took the time to GRIND out 20 levels of bard would sure appreciate it.. but we'll see.. maybe we will.. probably we wont

Sarzor
06-11-2014, 06:15 AM
I get that surprise updates come, but I rather wish the developers could let us know earlier about planned updates? I have a hard time believing this one was a "Oh, it's Monday night, we have to get this out Wednesday. I never saw this coming" sort of update.

Not all of us spend every waking hour checking on the game, and letting us know about planned updates yanno, when they're planned, would be fantastic.

Billybobml
06-11-2014, 06:41 AM
I just want to thank Turbine for not updating on my day off for a change of pace!

Of course I still forgot and set my alarm 2 hours earlier than I needed to this morning....attention to detail roll: you roll a 1 and lose 2 hours of sleep...

GaiaKOS
06-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Yarr, pirates ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85IYHu9mNGY

G.

Kyshara
06-11-2014, 07:03 AM
Yes, everyone is complaining about the bugs and still they will release it. Why $?$?

NEW: New Airship Amenities are not currently appearing in chests. This will be fixed in a future update. Pre-Update 22 amenities (such as the pre-U22 XP shrines) remain available in the Cargo Hold for purchase, and new Update 22 permanent versions are available for Astral Shards.

^
That sounds pretty "We need moar shards"

stoerm
06-11-2014, 07:17 AM
Yarr, pirates ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85IYHu9mNGY

G.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ju_10NkGY

Garix
06-11-2014, 07:33 AM
Think someone else posted it in a different thread a couple of days ago but...

AleStorm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyC0FOzqHM) :D

stoerm
06-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Think someone else posted it in a different thread a couple of days ago but...

Awesome! To embed follow these instructions (https://www.ddo.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#videocode).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXoZsgNHquM

DemonStorm333
06-11-2014, 07:50 AM
anyone else bored of waiting to get on their new ships?

Pandir
06-11-2014, 07:53 AM
Yes, everyone is complaining about the bugs and still they will release it. Why $?$?

NEW: New Airship Amenities are not currently appearing in chests. This will be fixed in a future update. Pre-Update 22 amenities (such as the pre-U22 XP shrines) remain available in the Cargo Hold for purchase, and new Update 22 permanent versions are available for Astral Shards.

^
That sounds pretty "We need moar shards"

Sounds more like "We're on a deadline and we ran out of time". Not that it's much better but at least they're letting the old amenities stay.

Oh and I sure hope Sagas are fixed now:P

RumbIe
06-11-2014, 08:13 AM
So I saw Sagas are turned back on so yay. It would be great if all the quests I did while they were off counted towards the elite completions, but I won't hold my breath.

My question, though I'm sure minor, is has the Hall of Mark been turned back on. As I'm sure many do I have builds where I take feats for leveling then switch. Well I have a few toons ready to switch and I'd rather not waste flawless on low level feats if it will be free again soon.

Thanks

silinteresting
06-11-2014, 08:14 AM
ok ill be the first to ask.

can we have release notes please.

your friend sil :)

Cordovan
06-11-2014, 08:31 AM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-22-release-notes) are up.

Fedora1
06-11-2014, 08:32 AM

Awesome, thanks!

EDIT - 404 Page not found

Wizza
06-11-2014, 08:32 AM

404 Not found

Loromir
06-11-2014, 08:33 AM

Getting page not found message.

Samir_Bennal
06-11-2014, 08:35 AM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-22-release-notes) are almost up.

ok

Chaimberland
06-11-2014, 08:35 AM
lol was just going to ask myself. Some release notes would be nice.

Chaimberland
06-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Cordovan beat me to it, although looks like not working.

Cordovan
06-11-2014, 08:38 AM
Hmm...working for me even when not logged in, and on mobile. Anyone still having an issue?

Wizza
06-11-2014, 08:38 AM
Hmm...working for me even when not logged in, and on mobile. Anyone still having an issue?

Working now

Lifespawn
06-11-2014, 08:39 AM
working for me

Fedora1
06-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Yep release notes are working now. :)

silinteresting
06-11-2014, 08:40 AM

omg i need to be the first to ask for stuff more often lol

thankyou.

your friend sil :)

AzB
06-11-2014, 09:41 AM
I just skimmed the release notes quickly as I've got to run out the door, but I did not see anything about sagas being reinstated.

Please tell me sagas will be working again!

Earthbound Misfit
06-11-2014, 09:42 AM
Please tell me sagas will be working again!

this?

caellwin
06-11-2014, 09:56 AM
im not seeing anything there either that says they are fixed unless its in the knownissues link

Aletys
06-11-2014, 10:04 AM
im not seeing anything there either that says they are fixed unless its in the knownissues link
Not in known issues. But then, it looks as if they're still showing stuff in there that I thought had already been fixed, so don't know.

vicmeldrew
06-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Pls let sagas be fixed as i just finished the hGH pack before update downtime.On that note will they be retroactive or do i need to run them again?
I dont really mind running through on hard for saga renown reward to help pump guild but was planning to do that more on my way to 28 and my 1st epic TR.
Heres hoping anywho

JPGR
06-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Please tell me that the absence of anything in the release notes mentioning Sagas being reinstated was simply an oversight.

Madja
06-11-2014, 10:21 AM
So I saw Sagas are turned back on so yay. It would be great if all the quests I did while they were off counted towards the elite completions, but I won't hold my breath.

Pls let sagas be fixed as i just finished the hGH pack before update downtime.On that note will they be retroactive or do i need to run them again?

It has been confirmed by Turbine that quest completions still count even though the sagas are disabled.

Quote by Cordovan:

FYI, the quests are still being tracked for Saga purposes even when the Saga NPCs are no longer providing rewards.

To answer another question, this is not related to the maintenance that took place earlier today.

Cordovan
06-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Today's downtime has been extended until 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). We will keep you updated!

Dandonk
06-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Today's downtime has been extended until 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). We will keep you updated!

But... but.... shinies?

Earthbound Misfit
06-11-2014, 10:32 AM

aha!!! you just realised they forgot the saga fix .... ty for sorting it :)

Fedora1
06-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Not to be a downer but all I'll say is don't plan on taking time off this week or next to play DDO. My guess is we'll see the update take longer than planned, and a good chance of something getting broken that will cause the servers to be taken down again once or twice with little notice.

Well half my prediction has come to pass... Hope no one took today off to play. :)

Dark_Uncle72
06-11-2014, 10:36 AM

**Snicker** Ain't nothin new Cordo... these "hardcore" players are used to the "extended downtimes" no biggie here...

AzB
06-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Well half my prediction has come to pass... Hope no one took today off to play. :)

No, but I was hurrying to get my errands done before noon so I could play. I guess there's no point in hurrying! ;)

Az

HatsuharuZ
06-11-2014, 10:38 AM

Eh, it's okay Cordovan. I just finally got around to playing Portal, and it's quite good :D

Aishana
06-11-2014, 10:39 AM

Well, there goes any hope I had of playing before work... :(

jalont
06-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Eh, it's okay Cordovan. I just finally got around to playing Portal, and it's quite good :D

Perfect, since you should be finishing the game up right around three! :P

jessman615
06-11-2014, 10:42 AM
ridiculous
yet again

donblas
06-11-2014, 10:45 AM

What's that you say, a mere three hours extension to a 5-hour downtime?

Hiponic
06-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Just came on to check when the extension was going to come up... You guys didnt REALLY think it was gonna be on time rite?? lol

Truth tho.. Now we really should get +2O Hearts so we can test the swash buckler.

PookaWitch
06-11-2014, 11:00 AM
It is now possible to show equipped goggles on your upper forehead, allowing you to see your character's eyes while also seeing the goggles equipped. This can be done by using the /gogglesup on|off in the chat window.

Oooo, I didn't know about this! Oddly, this silly little cosmetic adjustment really excites me. XD

twindaddy53
06-11-2014, 11:01 AM
I def think with the sagas being down so long and the new edition of sawshbuckler taht all toon should get a +20 heart of wood so we can test out the new enhancements as well as SWF line not to mentioin 8 hour down time

Brandall
06-11-2014, 11:02 AM
What's that you say, a mere three hours extension to a 5-hour downtime?

Terrible. 8 hours to add an update that I'm not slightly interested in

Hiponic
06-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Just got word.. No stream .. Maybe later today.

Extended Down Time, No Stream, Almost positive no hearts to to re roll to bards... siiigh

Still love you guys... But you make it hard

Rodosto
06-11-2014, 11:05 AM
LOL always extend...

No stupid suprise again...

Sunnie
06-11-2014, 11:05 AM
Well, time to pull out Diablo 2 again.

AzB
06-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Just got word.. No stream .. Maybe later today.

Extended Down Time, No Stream, Almost positive no hearts to to re roll to bards... siiigh

Still love you guys... But you make it hard

I've got 2 bards, one 28 and the other 26. (With the sagas reinstated he'd be most of the way to 28!)

I'm pretty disappointed that I'll have to pony up the resources to respec them to swash.

At least give us double comms so I can ETR and get something for my effort as well as the respec.

Madja
06-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Oooo, I didn't know about this! Oddly, this silly little cosmetic adjustment really excites me. XD

It does sound kinda neat :) I just hope that they fixed it so that it stays on through log-out. I'm tired of seeing my ugly spider mask every time I log in ^^

I don't mind the extended downtime as it will allow me to fix some other stuff I had waited and I think we were all expecting it ;-)
One thing I don't understand, though, is why the downtime is longer to begin with. That way people might be pleasantly surprised when the game is up half an hour earlier than expected.
If you're worried about people complaining that they had made other plans as they expected the downtime to be longer, then just sit down and have a nice cup of coffee and wait until the correct time to boot up the servers ;D

I think it's unreasonable to ask for +20 hearts. There's been no "build-breaking" changes made. Instead new content has simply been added. +20 hearts should be reserved for complete remakes of a system, such as the enhancement pass or the upcoming Armor/Mitigation changes.
A regular non-plus heart would be adequate in order to try out SWF/Swashbuckler.

Aishana
06-11-2014, 11:20 AM
One thing I don't understand, though, is why the downtime is longer to begin with. That way people might be pleasantly surprised when the game is up half an hour earlier than expected.

This! It looks a lot better to give yourselves extra time for maintenance/update and not need the full time than to only give yourselves four or five hours and end up having to extend it. You did that during the last maintenance (after having to extend the one before by three hours), so why not make it a habit?

kauetomaz
06-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Most spells (and the Favored Soul's Angel of Vengeance summoned archon) no longer emit light. This change has been made to improve game performance.

=/
does this means no more zerging ahead in rainbow with wings and archon?
*sad panda*

Fedora1
06-11-2014, 11:23 AM
This! It looks a lot better to give yourselves extra time for maintenance/update and not need the full time than to only give yourselves four or five hours and end up having to extend it. You did that during the last maintenance (after having to extend the one before by three hours), so why not make it a habit?

Maybe they thought they could do the update in 3 hours, so they said 5. lol

PookaWitch
06-11-2014, 11:24 AM
I would wager that they did give themselves extra time, but something unforseen happened. Some program didn't work with the main game that worked on Lam, or some programmers called in sick and they're short staffed, etc.
It's hard waiting when you're excited to play, but it's probably better to make sure that the program is in correctly then rushed and having more breaks/bugs with the initial release then usual. (There's always bugs to be expected with any new release, no need to make it even worse by rushing the install.) ^_^

PookaWitch
06-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Most spells (and the Favored Soul's Angel of Vengeance summoned archon) no longer emit light. This change has been made to improve game performance.

=/
*sad panda*

That one made me kinda sad too. I loved having the extra light in so many places, like the Underdark, or pretty much any quest that is too dark to see very well in.

baimpala
06-11-2014, 11:26 AM

=/
*sad panda*

I don't get this either. If they don't emit light, how do WE see them?

Seikojin
06-11-2014, 11:28 AM
O look, A rushed update, while ewryone in Lamania is complaining about bugs. No way this can go wrong.

I hope I don't accidentally log out in tavern, and cant log on afterwords till Update 22.1.

No, that is not gonna happen to a 1/3rd of the player base.

Well I hope they read the bug reports, and that the bug reporting tool isn't broken as always.

Yea right lol.

Annnd the last lama build is the one they push to live? If it is a day later, it is not the same. Why not wait until the known issues list is out before complaining about old bugs, or just submit more bug tickets. The more noise on a bug, the higher up the priority list for a fix it will go.

Bargol
06-11-2014, 11:30 AM
I think it's unreasonable to ask for +20 hearts. There's been no "build-breaking" changes made. Instead new content has simply been added. +20 hearts should be reserved for complete remakes of a system, such as the enhancement pass or the upcoming Armor/Mitigation changes.
A regular non-plus heart would be adequate in order to try out SWF/Swashbuckler.

No necessarily because most people who play a bard regularly likely has one splashed or heavily splashed because prior to now pure bards sucked beyond belief in high level content. So to truely try out the new swash many will have to use a +x heart to switch over some levels. In the end any bard that exists in the game would benefit from a +20 heart.

However, I do suspect some want the +20 heart for all characters because the +20's are awesome and can't be purchased.

Aishana
06-11-2014, 11:32 AM
I would wager that they did give themselves extra time, but something unforseen happened. Some program didn't work with the main game that worked on Lam, or some programmers called in sick and they're short staffed, etc.
It's hard waiting when you're excited to play, but it's probably better to make sure that the program is in correctly then rushed and having more breaks/bugs with the initial release then usual. (There's always bugs to be expected with any new release, no need to make it even worse by rushing the install.) ^_^

They gave themselves the same amount of time they usually set aside for maintenance. An update, on the other hand, strikes me as being a bit more involved than maintenance, and probably should've been given eight hours to begin with. That's just my opinion, though. :)

TeacherSyn
I'd rather the hamsters are upgraded and fed properly rather than be handed Big Macs. Patience is a virtue.

janave
That one made me kinda sad too. I loved having the extra light in so many places, like the Underdark, or pretty much any quest that is too dark to see very well in.

Exactly, i'd summon the archon just for the lights alone. It is so useful.

It is part of the "FVS feel" - Please reconsider.

abstraktpb
06-11-2014, 11:41 AM
servers are up

Cordovan
06-11-2014, 11:42 AM
The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

Hiponic
06-11-2014, 11:44 AM
I like that they cut down on certain effects.. Not everybody plays on a tweaked out Computer built for games.. I lag HORRIBLY when the Druids open doors or chest from that silly little animation they do... So if they want cut down on dumb stuff like that... please do

PookaWitch
06-11-2014, 11:46 AM
The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

ZOMG! Yay! Thank you! *rushes off to play on the new ship*

Dark_Uncle72
06-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Launcher stuck in "Installing Pre-Reqs"

Hiponic
06-11-2014, 11:48 AM
You sneeky little devils... Now if we got hearts in our inventory... I got a long thank u thread coming and you have restored my faith..

AzB
06-11-2014, 11:52 AM

Mind a quick note on whether sagas are fixed? I'm not at home and won't be playing for a while.

UurlockYgmeov
06-11-2014, 11:53 AM
patching...

and now deciding what to put into ship and what can wait for patch 1 (definitely guild storage) and to see what can be earned rather than purchased.

Nascoe
06-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Mind a quick note on whether sagas are fixed? I'm not at home and won't be playing for a while.

. Off course a lot of things could still go wrong, and until we test this on live and confirm, we should take it with a (small) pinch of salt but ... Cordovan already confirmed in another thread that sagas are indeed fixed and reactivated with this update

Dimwhit1
06-11-2014, 12:04 PM

I haven't cashed anything in, but they do appear to be back. Got the normal dialogue and my quests list, anyway.

Edit: In fact, there appear to be new sagas given out in 3BC.

Aulldeath
06-11-2014, 12:11 PM
I just keep getting Server Connection Timed out, and then it starts a countdown to try again.

Nascoe
06-11-2014, 12:16 PM
I just keep getting Server Connection Timed out, and then it starts a countdown to try again.

Try quitting the launcher and reloading. That worked for me.

Ovrad
06-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Game updated successfully, but now the login server seems to be malfunctioning

Getting in line to connect...
Failed to queue for server (0x80004005)

EDIT: Nevermind, 5th time's the charm it seems.

Avenging_Angel
06-11-2014, 12:21 PM

Why would you take a day off to play on update day? They are possibly the worst days to log in (or wait for the worlds to be back up).

Aulldeath
06-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Try quitting the launcher and reloading. That worked for me.

Already tried, over and over again.
Just tried restarting computer, got same thing again.

*Update: Going on 20th try of restarting client, still same message, and have left it to restart countdown 10 times.

Nascoe
06-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Ehm, has anyone else ran into trouble using cannith crafting after the worlds came up? I found that when i put an item into the Deconstruction altar/machine and click on the appropriate thing I want to do, it does not show the picture of the tonic used extracting (just shows its the number for amount in the stack), and when I press deconstruct it gives me the animation as if it was working right, but nothing further happens. This was on Sarlona in both the Cannith and in the Kundarak crafting halls.

Haven't tried on the ship yet ;-)

Changing character and then logging back in didn't change anything.

Oh, and the Stormglory Bold currently doesn't display right in the Guild tab of the social panel under the guild name (gives <string table error; tableDID)

Cordovan
06-11-2014, 01:09 PM
We are investigating. It appears that Item Deconstruction may be having problems, but shard creation and making an item craftable is continuing to work.

fangblackhawk
06-11-2014, 01:10 PM
does epic storm the beaches drop seals and scroll????

Fedora1
06-11-2014, 02:10 PM

Otherwise.... Three cheers for our bonny good devs. Arrrgh!

We are investigating. It appears that Item Deconstruction may be having problems, but shard creation and making an item craftable is continuing to work.

Stand by for the second half... :p

Dark_Uncle72
06-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Well I have to re-install the client due to it being stuck at "Installing Pre-Reqs"... I checked my firewall settings and router IP exceptions.. .and nothing.. so... uninstall and re-install, again..

jessman615
06-11-2014, 07:42 PM
apparently it seems almost all, if not all, crafting systems are down.

Miow
06-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Omg i saw a guild at level 199 already crazy! It's all red lettering. btw it doesn't seem sagas were tracking correctly while disabled...maybe it's just me. I'm going to go with it just being me since it's been so long i really can't remember what i've completed and not completed :).

LolitaMajere
06-11-2014, 11:37 PM
I was playing several hours after the patch was released without issue other than the bugs with crafting and the bag deposit mentioned earlier in this thread. But then I logged off for a while and when I came back the DDO client stops responding as soon as I log in to a character. The character loads but the screen is frozen and the client stops responding. I tried several different characters thinking that it might just be because I logged out on the guild ship with my main character, but they all do the same thing.

Aulldeath
06-12-2014, 12:26 AM
A+++++ on the danger room, hands down the BEST room in the game, we have killed nearly 40 people in that room just cause its so much fun : D

Aulldeath
06-12-2014, 09:24 AM
Reinstalled DDO and the preloader on my main computer, and still cannot log on : (

ImanCarrot
06-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Crafting: Even Green Steel crafting is/ was down and not just confined to the Ship GS altars. We ran to the first Altar in Shroud to double check. Broken.

NĂ©dime
06-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Awesome!
Even more accurate :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bxoTjzZQe8