PDA

View Full Version : The Bounty Box!!!!!

theis
06-08-2014, 09:03 AM
This IS more then likely WAY to late to even have the dev's consider something like this.. But while I way playing on Lam and being jelly of all the people who had raiders box's on live I was thinking.. It would be so fresh to get a Pirate's Bounty Box with U22.. Every toon or One pr Account since the items i think are bind on equip can chose one of the new item's from the E3BC... Just a thought... For all of us who never seen a raiders box before

CavernDragon
06-08-2014, 09:43 AM
This IS more then likely WAY to late to even have the dev's consider something like this.. But while I way playing on Lam and being jelly of all the people who had raiders box's on live I was thinking.. It would be so fresh to get a Pirate's Bounty Box with U22.. Every toon or One pr Account since the items i think are bind on equip can chose one of the new item's from the E3BC... Just a thought... For all of us who never seen a raiders box before

I understand that some people never got the Raiders box, but in this case, I would have to not want this to happen, To much free stuff weakens the quests and in the case of the raiders box all but killed the CitW raid.

Sorry you missed out. but I would say no to this.

PsychoBlonde
06-08-2014, 07:45 PM
I understand that some people never got the Raiders box, but in this case, I would have to not want this to happen, To much free stuff weakens the quests and in the case of the raiders box all but killed the CitW raid.

Sorry you missed out. but I would say no to this.

The Raiders Box only existed due to a bug that caused people to fail to get their 20th completion raid loot list. So, no, there's really no rationale for spontaneously handing out raid-quality loot.

Vellrad
06-08-2014, 08:05 PM
I have 13 characters, out of them 1 main, 3 alts, and 9 that I rolled and (more or less) quickly lost interest in playing.
Each being given pirate lootbox I would never had to step into 3bc.
I'd simply get gloves, 4 blades and 8 augments for nothing.
/notsigned.

Uska
06-08-2014, 10:30 PM
To much free loot isn't a good idea so I say no.

EllisDee37
06-08-2014, 10:38 PM
I vote no.

If they decided to do this, I would want it to be one per account, and only for accounts that have at least one level 28 character. (Or at least one character who has done an epic or iconic reincarnation.) That way you couldn't just cash in with a bunch of mule accounts.

theis
06-08-2014, 10:52 PM
One pr account would be what I would want.. But I do notice all you who have not been in favor of this have been playing for over 4+ years Id like to see some new player feed back.. but they dont seem as vocal..
But like I said In all reality Its far to late for the devs to even consider something like this. It was just a idea of a wishful thinker...
I have no problem going out and looting all the items I want..

Cleanincubus
06-09-2014, 12:06 AM

OP, I think you're putting the Raider's Reward Boxes on a pedestal. Quite frankly, they weren't that great at all. I have 7 characters on the main server that I play on, and I have only used 2 of the boxes so far. The first was on my crafter, who is a Mechanic Rogue, that is so gimp that I'll never even play him to level 23 to use the Needle (repeater light crossbow), that I got from the box. The second was on my only Epic toon, a Pale Master, that I plan to keep at Epic levels. I chose the Twilight quarterstaff. Honestly I've found better Clubs with Nullification and Void Lore, and wands in the other hand, that are far more useful for my character than Twilight.

You also have to have 375 Favor with the Purple Dragon Knights to even upgrade the items, as well as 25 Commendations of Heroism, for a maxed upgrade.

The boxes would have been better used for the 5 Commendations of Heroism, if they were actually useful in upgrading an item, that was actually useful to me. Maybe I'm far too casual of a player, and some of those items are legit, but as a player who has been playing for 4 years with a level 26 character, a level 11 1st life TR, and a level 10 1st life TR as my most maxed out characters, the Raider's Rewards Boxes were pretty much garbage. I own MotU, so I could do the Caught in the Web raid as many times as required to get an item, if I really cared...but I don't care and haven't done the raid even once. It certainly not something that's so over powered that a new player should be disappointed about not getting. Certainly not enough to call for a new box, that would include new items that haven't even been released on to the Live servers yet. So I have to vote for a very strong /Not Signed.

EllisDee37
06-09-2014, 12:17 AM
The main value of the raider's boxes are pinion for a monkcher and sireth for a staff build. The rest of the weapons can be pretty much ignored.

It does suck if you want to roll up a monkcher or staff build now, but everyone else is probably looking at thunderforged weapons.

Tscheuss
06-09-2014, 12:21 AM
No. Free raid loot is a bad idea.

Gljosh
06-09-2014, 08:49 AM
When the Raiders Box came out, it made me want to run CiTW and FoT for the CoHs to upgrade the item and run Wheloon quests for PDK Favor. However, that was a special case were players where getting stiffed on 20th completions.

TrinityTurtle
06-09-2014, 10:59 AM
One pr account would be what I would want.. But I do notice all you who have not been in favor of this have been playing for over 4+ years Id like to see some new player feed back.. but they dont seem as vocal..
But like I said In all reality Its far to late for the devs to even consider something like this. It was just a idea of a wishful thinker...
I have no problem going out and looting all the items I want..

Of course new players will want free things, who doesn't? However, wanting something free doesn't make it good for the game. As was stated, the reason this box came out was that people had already DONE the work to get the item, and a game mechanic malfunctioned badly and widespread. So they were fixing a mistake, not just handing out candy. Did some people get a free item who hadn't done citw? Sure, because there was no reasonably feasible way to figure out who did what when the counters broke. Not the same thing as just "Here, have some free loot for no real reason."

kmoustakas
06-18-2014, 08:47 AM
The dual raider's boxes made my toons feel all warm and fuzzy inside, considering I don't have the expansion. Now only if some crazy bug would happen and we'd get one of those for the shadowfail too...

Lagin
06-18-2014, 09:22 AM
...................no.

Back to my 2nd mid-morning break.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/animation/BreakfastCoffeendonuts.gif

FuzzyDuck81
06-18-2014, 09:46 AM
One per account could be nice enough since the items are all (except Jack Jibbers blade) BtoA anyway.. but then there's not much need IMO since they really aren't that hard to get.