PDA

View Full Version : New Iconic: Half-Elf Harper

LuKaSu
05-31-2014, 01:44 AM
Stats same as Half-Elf, First level Bard

Core

(1) Harper Scout - Harpers are known for their knowledge of lore and for their diverse skill sets (UMD +2, and multi-selector for an additional skill improvement of +2: Balance, Bluff, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Haggle, Heal, Listen, Open Lock, Perform, or Tumble) - Skills only available if player has at least one class with that skill as a class skill.

(4) Elven Dexterity / Human Adaptability - Per the normal Half-elf tree

(7) Harper Paragon - Harpers seek to rid the community of certain oppressive foes (UMD +2 and multi-selector of Favored Enemy, per the Ranger Feat: humanoid (goblinoid), humanoid (gnoll), humanoid (orc), humanoid (reptilian); outsider (evil), undead) - Counted as an official Ranger Favored Enemy, but does not stack with the exact same Favored Enemy from the Ranger Feat selections.

(11) Elven Dexterity / Human Adaptability - Per the normal Half-elf tree

(16) Master Harper - Master Harpers have vast experience with the art of persuasion: On the giving end and the receiving end (UMD +2, Grants the Feat "Force of Personality")

Tier 1

Skill Focus - As per Half-Elf Tree

Improved Dilettante - As per Half-Elf Tree

Arcane Fluidity - As per Half elf Tree (Your arcane spell failure chance while wearing armor is decreased by 5%/10%/15%.)

Multiselector - Good Bedside Manner (Positive Spellpower increased by 10/15/20) or Stage Presence (Sonic Spellpower increased by 10/15/20)

Harper Rule: "All beings should walk Free of Fear" - You overcome fear quickly - fear and shaken effects are removed from you after 12/6/3 seconds.

Tier 2

Improved Recovery: Your Positive Healing Amplification is increased by 10%

Dilettante Special Ability - As per Half-Elf Tree

Jovial Nature - +25/+50/+100 spell points and +0/+1/+2 extra songs if your character has songs

Harper Rule: "No extreme is good" - On Hit: 1d6/1d8/1d10 Chaos damage to those of Lawful alignment and 1d6/1d8/1d10 Law damage to those of Chaotic Alignment (does not cause weapons to bypass Chaotic or Lawful DR)

Tier 3

Dilettante Ability Score - As per Half-Elf Tree

Arcane Archer Tree Unlock

Enchantment Lore: +2/+4/+6 saves vs. Enchantments. Rank 3: You also gain +1 Enchantment spell DC

Friends in High Places: +3/+6/+10 Haggle Skill

Harper Rule: "Whatever it takes, a Harper will do." - Receive +1/+2/+3 Action Boosts per rest

Tier 4

Improved Recovery: Your Positive Healing Amplification is increased by 10%

Dilettante Special Ability - As per Half-Elf Tree

Knowledge of the Weave: spell penetration +1/+2/+3 and +0/+1/+2 caster level for all non-offensive spells

Harper Rule: "Freedom is a multiversal right" - Freedom of movement SLA, uses Action Boost Charges instead of spellpoints, but is affected by metamagic feats.

The_Human_Cypher
05-31-2014, 07:25 PM
/signed. This would be a good use of the Half Elf race for one of the Iconics. Whether or not this Iconic is ever adopted, I am willing to bet that one of the Forgotten Realms Iconics will be a Harper of some sort.

LuKaSu
06-02-2014, 07:38 PM
I don't suppose they've made any mention of when they might be bringing out more Iconics, have they?

This game is awesome because there are just so many different ways to play the game. Every new race and class gives more ways to play, so I think it would be awesome if, at least for a while, they could bring out one new Iconic at each new update, until they've done all the Free to Play classes at least. We've still got Barb, Bard, Wizard, Sorc, Ranger left, so that's a lot of updates. And making them available one at a time would give only-buy-things-once-in-a-while people like me more likelyhood of buying them. If they wait and do them all at once at U23, I wouldn't complain at all, but if they're planning on waiting for several more updates before releasing several at once, I'd prefer one per update to that.

The_Human_Cypher
06-04-2014, 10:18 PM
I don't suppose they've made any mention of when they might be bringing out more Iconics, have they?

This game is awesome because there are just so many different ways to play the game. Every new race and class gives more ways to play, so I think it would be awesome if, at least for a while, they could bring out one new Iconic at each new update, until they've done all the Free to Play classes at least. We've still got Barb, Bard, Wizard, Sorc, Ranger left, so that's a lot of updates. And making them available one at a time would give only-buy-things-once-in-a-while people like me more likelyhood of buying them. If they wait and do them all at once at U23, I wouldn't complain at all, but if they're planning on waiting for several more updates before releasing several at once, I'd prefer one per update to that.

From what (former) Producer Rowan said last year, Iconics may be released again in 2015. Possible Iconics include a Forgotten Realms Drow Ranger, a Dwarven battle ranger, a witch (sorcerer), and some others.

Maelodic
06-05-2014, 06:23 AM
I would love this- I actually really like half elfs and this fits an iconic role quite well.

LeoLionxxx
06-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Very nice, great idea. Especially good since they're revamping the other 2 bard trees in a future update as well - maybe this could be snuck in at the same time (okay, call me a dreamer).