PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Acrobat Rogue build on a f2p account.

SmashBang
05-28-2014, 10:30 PM
I have 32 point build but no extra classes. No Monk, no arti, no druid.

Would prefer human but will consider other if need be. Rogue skills a must. This is for a static group.

Recommendations please.

Thank you

Hobgoblin
05-28-2014, 10:39 PM
I have 32 point build but no extra classes. No Monk, no arti, no druid.

Would prefer human but will consider other if need be. Rogue skills a must. This is for a static group.

Recommendations please.

Thank you

try 12 rogue/2 pally/6 fighter

or 12 rogue/6 pal/ 2 fighter

failing that go 12 monk/2 arti/6 druid.

hob

SmashBang
05-28-2014, 10:44 PM
try 12 rogue/2 pally/6 fighter

or 12 rogue/6 pal/ 2 fighter

failing that go 12 monk/2 arti/6 druid.

hob

No monk, no arti, no druid. Don't have them on this account.

Hobgoblin
05-28-2014, 11:04 PM
No monk, no arti, no druid. Don't have them on this account.

last line was a joke. sry.

12/6p/2 f makes you immune to fear, bonus to saves, and easy access to dm and can take the aura for more saves/prr.
12/6f/2p only gives a bonus to saves but more feats

Toro12
05-28-2014, 11:08 PM
Static group starting at level1?
Your experience?
Groups experience?
Intended difficulty? All elite all the time or normal and the occasional hard ?
Good gear stock pile ? Is your group allowing twink or auction house ?
Are you expected to be the primary or only trapper in the group ?

unbongwah
05-28-2014, 11:19 PM
12 rogue/6 pal/ 2 fighter
I prefer 13 / 6 / 1 split: I'd rather have the extra rog feat than the extra ftr feat.

Pure rog is also an option: the Acrobat capstone's not so bad.

cru121
05-28-2014, 11:28 PM
for a static group, depending on intended difficulty, a 15 / 5 bard/rogue split could work. If you like bards

Munkenmo
05-28-2014, 11:36 PM
13wiz, 5rogue, 2paladin (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/440812-Please-help-un-gimp-a-toon?p=5313018&viewfull=1#post5313018) Not an EE build by any means, but a pretty good free to play option that will have all the self healing and self buffing you'd require. For a more melee specced build, it'd be easy to shed a few feats and gain the full 2hf chain aswell.

If you prefer being living based and to have more rogue levels, I'd opt for a finesse build (for reflex, and because epic sneak attack requires 23dex) 13rogue,4paladin, 3fighter

SmashBang
05-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Static group starting at level1?
Your experience?
Groups experience?
Intended difficulty? All elite all the time or normal and the occasional hard ?
Good gear stock pile ? Is your group allowing twink or auction house ?
Are you expected to be the primary or only trapper in the group ?

Your experience? - I have played DDO off and on for 5+ years. Played mostly melees (Fighter, ranger, bard and assassin).
Groups experience? - varies but most the group as played DDO for the last year or more
Good gear stock pile ? Is your group allowing twink or auction house ? - decent gear and yes we are allowing twink, auction house etc.
Are you expected to be the primary or only trapper in the group ? Yes I will be the only trapper for the group. We also have a dedicated mage, FVS/cleric (he has not decided yet but will heal ;-) ) and a fighter (of some sort, but melee focused).

I am not opposed to going pure rogue acrobat or multiclassing. I do want to be melee focused and have max trap skills. I think we will try elite most the time but are not concerned with keeping a streak. These will all be first life toons, so xp is not a huge concern and if all goes well we might TR as a group.

I want to do acrobat just to do something a little different. I have a max level assassin and have played fighter, barbarians, rangers and various multi-class characters in the past. So this one will be an acrobat of some sort. I already have some twink gear. Various low level staffs, disable device, search and spot items, etc

I am ok with going str based or dex based. I see with the enhancements dex based might be a decent option.

bard/rogue is something I had not thought about before.

Battlehawke
05-29-2014, 06:46 PM
Interesting enough a guildie of mine just suggested a 13 Rog/5Clr/2Ftr that is a fleshie build with good dps, and survivability.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/442706-Poor-man-s-staff-build-Non-Lawful-Human-8Ftr-7Cle-5Rog?highlight=poor

Your experience? - I have played DDO off and on for 5+ years. Played mostly melees (Fighter, ranger, bard and assassin).
Groups experience? - varies but most the group as played DDO for the last year or more
Good gear stock pile ? Is your group allowing twink or auction house ? - decent gear and yes we are allowing twink, auction house etc.
Are you expected to be the primary or only trapper in the group ? Yes I will be the only trapper for the group. We also have a dedicated mage, FVS/cleric (he has not decided yet but will heal ;-) ) and a fighter (of some sort, but melee focused).

I am not opposed to going pure rogue acrobat or multiclassing. I do want to be melee focused and have max trap skills. I think we will try elite most the time but are not concerned with keeping a streak. These will all be first life toons, so xp is not a huge concern and if all goes well we might TR as a group.

I want to do acrobat just to do something a little different. I have a max level assassin and have played fighter, barbarians, rangers and various multi-class characters in the past. So this one will be an acrobat of some sort. I already have some twink gear. Various low level staffs, disable device, search and spot items, etc

I am ok with going str based or dex based. I see with the enhancements dex based might be a decent option.

bard/rogue is something I had not thought about before.

SoVTyphoon
05-29-2014, 11:47 PM
Interesting enough a guildie of mine just suggested a 13 Rog/5Clr/2Ftr that is a fleshie build with good dps, and survivability.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/442706-Poor-man-s-staff-build-Non-Lawful-Human-8Ftr-7Cle-5Rog?highlight=poor

That build was from the start meant to be a more themey build and had a lot of user-placed restrictions, particularly that the build wanted ameliorating strikes to proc, forcing rogue and cleric levels and creating a build dilemma of which stats to dump. The five cleric levels are also slightly excessive, particularly since you're basically going that deep only for ameliorating strikes at that point.

For acrobats that aren't planning on going epic, there's really a few main considerations. Dex based, or Str based? Assuming you want hard cc, Dex makes sweeping strikes your goal in heroics(might want to go halfling in that case for higher starting dex.). Str based means you'll work towards stunning blows and trips. Also, you'll probably want either 5, 12, or 13 levels in rogue, for staff spec, kip up, or your second rogue feat, respectively.

Fighter levels are extremely helpful, you'll likely want the cleave chain and the twf chain, so more feats are not a bad thing. Plus, you'll access Attack speed boosts and tactics DCs. Most likely either 1, 2, 4, or 6 levels here.

If considering a third class, Paladin, Barbarian, and the Cleric/FVS classes all have their merits. If you go two or three Paladin, you get Cha-to-saves and fear immunity, respectively. Barb 3 gets you Ear Smash/knockout for inducing helplessness. Warpriest is still decent for divine might.

I'd personally recommend 13 rog/4 fi/3 barb, or 13 rog/4 fi/3 pal. If you want to access heal as a class skill and get magical training/divine might, try 13 rog/6 fi/1 FVS or cleric.

Bolo_Grubb
05-30-2014, 10:27 AM
range attack a concern? Could take a level of ranger for summon arrows and then take a few levels of fighter for the feats to get many shot.

SmashBang
06-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Starting to lean towards pure acrobat rogue, just for the fun of it.

With the static group I will run with it could work with either pure or a multi-class of some sort. I have always like the idea of pure and I think i t might be good enough in this case. Still willing to hear suggestions and reason for various builds.

unbongwah
06-02-2014, 03:11 PM
See my new halfling Acrobat thread. I need the pageviews. ;)

Theolin
06-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Dont know if you have FVs since it was not in the 'no' list ... but covered under no extra classes ... but ....

12 Fvs / 3 pali / 5 Rogue
or
11 cleric / 2 pali / 7 rogue

Would probably go str/dex, con, chr build, with enough str for PA, probably human for the extra skill point

Jhaeran
06-02-2014, 08:39 PM
I have the 13/5/2 Rogue/Cleric/Fighter build referenced above.

Returning player so all my gear was out of date, but using the raiders box Sireth.

Its a REALLY fun build. I had to run an 18/2 rog/ftr for a few days while on reincarnation timer and the extra SA dice and crippling strike were way less impressive than the warpriest enhancement line.

Its very powerful and self sufficient in EH with good dps, self healing, full UMD and full trap skills. I can solo non-complicated EH with a hireling with little issue. Haven't tried any complex ones or any EE solo yet.

I've only played a couple EE and its been fine, I think the gear is the difference between the ease of EH and EE (and probably the saves) but I didn't have any real issues in EE just had to pay more attention and scroll heal more.

Needless to say its been fun so far and haven't found a real drawback yet - plus its all f2p (I think).