PDA

View Full Version : Bundle (ie. Pre-order) deal for 2014

PookaWitch
05-25-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that there isn't an expansion this year, but I was wondering if there was going to be some type of bundle like the pre-order bundles for the last couple of years, or I'm hoping/suggesting the idea of a bundle offered for this year.

I seriously loved the pre-order packages that were released the last couple of years with exclusive hireling pets, cosmetic pets, cosmetic armor, some special xp books, skill books, elixirs, etc, etc, etc. (Not to mention the optional half price TP bundle that you could buy with it.)

I'm really missing not having one this year and had hoped that even without an expansion that maybe there would still be some type of package/bundle of exclusive items released this year as well.

If you didn't plan on making one due to no expansion taking place, could I suggest one for a theme of 2014, or maybe for the Anarouch Desert Update? I'm a premium player, so I'm not 100% sure if there could be a pre-buying of the Anarouch adventure packs or if that wouldn't make sense for VIPs, but just a package of some special, or re-coloured things that are either desert suiting (for Anarouch) or a big collection of re-coloured cosmetics and things released this year (for a 2014 themed package).

It could include even some simple re-colours of things:
~ (desert) A Golden Lion figurine of wonderous power (a re-coloured panther/lion) or even two like the figurines (like the owlbears, of different levels)
~ (desert) A golden lion cub cosmetic pet (the panther cub all coloured gold, or even just like a sandy normal lion)
~ (desert) Cosmetic armor for the desert... whether covering robes, or the Inspired Quarter bikini (including having it turn into a chainmail and cloth loincloth/speedos for males)
~ (2014 theme) Ship amenities (maybe a special one just for this package? Or ones that are hard to get?)
~ (2014 theme) Some special item for the classic dungeon delving theme of Haunted Halls... such as a minature token that gives a bonus (it's hard to think of something beyound the awesome dice bag and cards. That was brilliant guys!)
~ (2014 theme) red augument stone, maybe with something exclusive for the package
~ (both) The typical package things, elixirs, maybe some type of tome or something that is going to be, or was released this year, etc.

It's not a perfect list, just a few quick suggestions off the top of my head and I'm sure the hard core players will have better ideas. (I'm more of a 'play for fun' type of gal, not the type who knows every stacking bonus and details for ultimate character builds. ^^; )

If you do give suggestions in this thread, please keep it within the range of what came within the other packages, or something new that came out this year, or something desert/Anarouch themed.

Lots of people loves these pre-order bundles, and I'm really hoping that I can talk the head people at Turbine into offering something special for us this year as well... pretty much just out of things that already exist or are already being made. <3

(ETA) If you don't like the idea, please don't just post a negative comment but try to give some constructive suggestions about how a bundle/package for 2014 could be made into something you would find useful. (Still within the lines of bundles that we've received for pre-ordering expansions... but without the expansion part since there isn't one this year.)

Uska
05-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Unless there is a expansion I don't want to see any package deals with specials since it cuts out VIP's or is a ripoff for them.

PookaWitch
05-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Unless there is a expansion I don't want to see any package deals with specials since it cuts out VIP's or is a ripoff for them.

Did VIPs get every tome, exclusive cosmetic gear, xp elixir, figurines of wonderous power (or owlbear whistles), exclusivecosmetic pets, 50% off of a huge TP purchase, stones of experience, etc, etc, etc... or was it just the quests? (I'm honestly never 100% sure what VIPs get.) Do VIPs automatically get every FR quest, or do those need to be purchased?

What I'm suggesting is a bundle that was much like the bunch of extras that came with a pre-order... not necessarily a pre-order for quests/expansion. Think of it like... an alternate Otto's Box, but with the extras much like what we would get from the pre-orders with new things for the Desert, or of things released in 2014. I loved all of the 'extras' I've been getting the last couple of years and am kinda sad that there wasn't an option for something like that this year. (Personally, with the last expansion I loved the extras from the pre-order more then the expansion itself. ^^; Not saying that I don't love Stormhorns, but I just really, super, duper loved the pre-order extras.)

Uska
05-25-2014, 11:36 PM
Did VIPs get every tome, exclusive cosmetic gear, xp elixir, figurines of wonderous power (or owlbear whistles), exclusivecosmetic pets, 50% off of a huge TP purchase, stones of experience, etc, etc, etc... or was it just the quests? (I'm honestly never 100% sure what VIPs get.) Do VIPs automatically get every FR quest, or do those need to be purchased?

What I'm suggesting is a bundle that was much like the bunch of extras that came with a pre-order... not necessarily a pre-order for quests/expansion. Think of it like... an alternate Otto's Box, but with the extras much like what we would get from the pre-orders with new things for the Desert, or of things released in 2014. I loved all of the 'extras' I've been getting the last couple of years and am kinda sad that there wasn't an option for something like that this year. (Personally, with the last expansion I loved the extras from the pre-order more then the expansion itself. ^^; Not saying that I don't love Stormhorns, but I just really, super, duper loved the pre-order extras.)

Vip's get every quest that's not part of an expansion and If this game starts putting out packs that are just fluff then its gone to hell.

PookaWitch
05-25-2014, 11:56 PM
Vip's get every quest that's not part of an expansion and If this game starts putting out packs that are just fluff then its gone to hell.

No need to be rude, some of us actually really like those things. ^_^ I know quite a few people who were very excited with the fun extras from those packages as well.
It wasn't just fluff, there were xp tomes, skill tomes, xp elixirs, etc, etc. I thought it was a great, well rounded package for those who liked some of our cosmetics and such, and those who liked extra 'oomph' for their characters.

Anyhow, no reason to become aggressive over it, this is just a suggestions forum.

ElmshireLancer
05-26-2014, 12:09 AM
I would love a package/bundle like this!

Uska
05-26-2014, 02:13 AM
No need to be rude, some of us actually really like those things. ^_^ I know quite a few people who were very excited with the fun extras from those packages as well.
It wasn't just fluff, there were xp tomes, skill tomes, xp elixirs, etc, etc. I thought it was a great, well rounded package for those who liked some of our cosmetics and such, and those who liked extra 'oomph' for their characters.

Anyhow, no reason to become aggressive over it, this is just a suggestions forum.

I stated I didn't like it you don't want people disagreeing with you don't post

The_Human_Cypher
05-26-2014, 05:20 AM
I really enjoy the paid expansion content as well with the permanent hirelings, cosmetics, and so on. I doubt that an expansion is planned for 2014 but I am hoping for one in 2015. I suggested including physical media as an option with the next expansion (cf. ESO). A cross over expansion to D&D's upcoming 'Tyranny of Dragons' would be clever marketing for DDO.

PookaWitch
05-26-2014, 12:00 PM
I stated I didn't like it you don't want people disagreeing with you don't post

It had just come off (to me) in a rather aggressive/rude way, but I do get it, you can't always hear tone through typing. ^_^ So, if you don't agree, maybe you could input some ideas/suggestions to make it something you would like? Being premium (one who probably pays more yearly then a VIP since I buy everything. ^^; ) I don't always know exactly what VIPs get, but I was thinking of the bonus package that came with the expansion as some type of bundle, not paying for an expansion itself since there isn't one this year. If I'm right VIPs just get the quests, but not the extra fun stuff that came with the pre-purchase. If you only thought it was fluff I'm guessing that you didn't get one yourself since they have a lot of really handy items in them (xp elixirs, xp tomes, skill tomes, etc).

So, what would you suggest to make a bundle 'not fluff' and worthwhile to VIPs?

I would love a package/bundle like this!

:D We're definitely on the same track here, I think the two of us have gone on and on about how much we miss having that bundle this year. lol (Or at least I have and you've been agreeing with my wishful rants. XD )

I really enjoy the paid expansion content as well with the permanent hirelings, cosmetics, and so on. I doubt that an expansion is planned for 2014 but I am hoping for one in 2015. I suggested including physical media as an option with the next expansion (cf. ESO). A cross over expansion to D&D's upcoming 'Tyranny of Dragons' would be clever marketing for DDO.

Sadly I don't think there is an expansion either, but I'm so missing out on getting some type of bundle of nifty stuff this year. I hugely love the hirelings, they're incredibly handy (and how I talked my husband into getting the MotU Pre-order in the first place, and he loved it so much that he bout the Shadowfell one the next year as well.)
That's why I'm hoping that maybe a suggestion thread of some type of bundle with a theme of something from this year (without an expansion costs, just a fun bundle... kind of like an Otto's Box) whether it's planned with a desert theme for the Desert of Anarouch, or near the end of the year with a '2014' theme to it (with classic D&D, pirates, guild amenities, desert things, etc).

Physical media could be interesting, I wonder if they can do it with how Turbine is set up. What exactly were you thinking for it, such as a game, or special DDO dice, or a dragon D&D mini? A DDO cross-over with the Cult of the Dragon theme coming up could be really interesting. I loved how they crossed over the first expansion with the Drow theme of 2012. I've always been interested in the Cult of the Dragon as antagonists in my home games, and fighting dragons always really makes you feel like it's bringing D&D to life.

Uska
05-26-2014, 12:31 PM
It had just come off (to me) in a rather aggressive/rude way, but I do get it, you can't always hear tone through typing. ^_^ So, if you don't agree, maybe you could input some ideas/suggestions to make it something you would like? Being premium (one who probably pays more yearly then a VIP since I buy everything. ^^; ) I don't always know exactly what VIPs get, but I was thinking of the bonus package that came with the expansion as some type of bundle, not paying for an expansion itself since there isn't one this year. If I'm right VIPs just get the quests, but not the extra fun stuff that came with the pre-purchase. If you only thought it was fluff I'm guessing that you didn't get one yourself since they have a lot of really handy items in them (xp elixirs, xp tomes, skill tomes, etc).

So, what would you suggest to make a bundle 'not fluff' and worthwhile to VIPs?

:D We're definitely on the same track here, I think the two of us have gone on and on about how much we miss having that bundle this year. lol (Or at least I have and you've been agreeing with my wishful rants. XD )

Sadly I don't think there is an expansion either, but I'm so missing out on getting some type of bundle of nifty stuff this year. I hugely love the hirelings, they're incredibly handy (and how I talked my husband into getting the MotU Pre-order in the first place, and he loved it so much that he bout the Shadowfell one the next year as well.)
That's why I'm hoping that maybe a suggestion thread of some type of bundle with a theme of something from this year (without an expansion costs, just a fun bundle... kind of like an Otto's Box) whether it's planned with a desert theme for the Desert of Anarouch, or near the end of the year with a '2014' theme to it (with classic D&D, pirates, guild amenities, desert things, etc).

Physical media could be interesting, I wonder if they can do it with how Turbine is set up. What exactly were you thinking for it, such as a game, or special DDO dice, or a dragon D&D mini? A DDO cross-over with the Cult of the Dragon theme coming up could be really interesting. I loved how they crossed over the first expansion with the Drow theme of 2012. I've always been interested in the Cult of the Dragon as antagonists in my home games, and fighting dragons always really makes you feel like it's bringing D&D to life.

I wouldn't be against something like what you ask for but it has to have content in it, I think it's to late to do something to go along with the dragon thing coming up but I hate the realms and pretty much avoid all realms content except for the lords of dust content. I would love to see them do the classic Temple of Elemental Evil and put the stuff your asking for with it.

If they did ToE it would mean expansion into the best of the comercial game worlds Greyhawk, and I would pre-order that in a nano-second!

Anything would likely come about next year except maybe a few items here and there in the store.

PookaWitch
05-26-2014, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't be against something like what you ask for but it has to have content in it, I think it's to late to do something to go along with the dragon thing coming up but I hate the realms and pretty much avoid all realms content except for the lords of dust content. I would love to see them do the classic Temple of Elemental Evil and put the stuff your asking for with it.

If they did ToE it would mean expansion into the best of the comercial game worlds Greyhawk, and I would pre-order that in a nano-second!

Anything would likely come about next year except maybe a few items here and there in the store.

Oh my yes! The Temple of Elemental Evil was one of the best old games! :D We recently just did the Towers of Power in our home game and that was a blast as well.
I would also love to see Greyhawk as an option, the armies of Iuz taking over feels like such classic fantasy.

But anyhow, I'm getting off track a bit. lol So, generally it's only a matter of you just want quests/wildernesses, you don't really care about everything else from pre-order bundles... so this idea wouldn't be for you. I think that's what you're saying.
Did you get either of the pre-orders from previous years? A lot of people really loved the extras that came with them, especially the animal hirelings that are incredibly handy. (I found the packs nearly worth it just for the permanent hirelings.)

Erofen
05-26-2014, 01:18 PM
/Signed

I love the permanent hires (have all 4) and cosmetic pets from these bundles! :)

LuKaSu
05-26-2014, 08:52 PM
/Signed

I love the permanent hires (have all 4) and cosmetic pets from these bundles! :)

I know that people love the joy that comes from having things that most people don't have, but I would love it if they gave the option of buying a couple of those permanant hirelings separate in the store. Sure, make me wait a long time to get them, I understand that, but eventually, it'd be nice. Like Iconics, I knew I would have to wait a while to buy them separate, when I didn't preorder packs (and I will continue to not preorder packs. I'm not going to pay a bunch of money before anyone has playtested a pack). But eventually, I'm now able to buy iconics.

It'd be cool to get to buy permanant hirelings like that too.

Memnir
05-26-2014, 09:08 PM
Hmmm... makes me wonder if maybe a variation of the Otto's Box idea couldn't fit this idea. Kind of a Otto's Box of Seasonal Wonderment.

Make four boxes, befitting each season. Include a reskin of existing perma-hirelings/pets/and cosmetic armors - but befitting of the season (orange and red hues for fall, blues and whites for winter - etc). Really jam-pack the thing with seasonal cosmetics. Perhaps a unique seasonal augment as well. Offer them for a limited period of time at the start of each season... maybe tweak each box slightly at annually, so they stay fresh and appealing to customers. Perhaps, and this is a long-shot - but they could include new Cards for the Anniversary event, should that return, but only added to the deck of those who buy the Box. I know that is likely nigh impossible to pull off... but it'd be a hell of an incentive to buy the boxes.

Price them responsibly, and Turbine could have a decent money-maker - I'd think. Folks will buy things that are special and unique-ish.

/signed

theis
05-26-2014, 09:29 PM
I wouldnt mind a paid EXSPANSION not quest bundle.. I have a VIP account and a complete premium account And dont want to spend more tp on adventure packs for ethier of them.
But I did miss out on pre orders for shadowfell and MOTU, and them perma hireling always caught my attention.

Forums always buzzing about new race/class Make 2 new classes 2 races, A pack around the size of MOTU and throw in some goodies... Lesser tomes for all toons like before, Perma hireling, Special edition cosmetics like you did for bladeforged..Id but it..

Uska
05-27-2014, 12:34 AM
Oh my yes! The Temple of Elemental Evil was one of the best old games! :D We recently just did the Towers of Power in our home game and that was a blast as well.
I would also love to see Greyhawk as an option, the armies of Iuz taking over feels like such classic fantasy.

But anyhow, I'm getting off track a bit. lol So, generally it's only a matter of you just want quests/wildernesses, you don't really care about everything else from pre-order bundles... so this idea wouldn't be for you. I think that's what you're saying.
Did you get either of the pre-orders from previous years? A lot of people really loved the extras that came with them, especially the animal hirelings that are incredibly handy. (I found the packs nearly worth it just for the permanent hirelings.)

I didn't get the starter packs as I absolutely hate hirelings and won't use them and hate when others think they count as boyh. I like when content packs have extras like pets and what not for preordering but would be extremely annoyed if they did them without new content as it would feel as they were just money grabbing

Thrudh
05-27-2014, 08:39 AM
/Signed

what four? All I can think of is 3... panther and the two owlbears. What's the fourth one?

LuKaSu
05-27-2014, 09:21 AM
what four? All I can think of is 3... panther and the two owlbears. What's the fourth one?

There's a DDO starter pack with a low level (3 maybe) perma cleric hire.

The_Human_Cypher
05-27-2014, 09:47 AM

I was thinking of at least a hardbound book, most likely published as a crossover with Wizards of the Coast. Being D&D, a figurine or figurines might be included as well with other items such as a map poster of the expansion area, special dice, etc.

PookaWitch
05-27-2014, 05:02 PM
There's a DDO starter pack with a low level (3 maybe) perma cleric hire.

:O Oh my goodness, I completely forgot about the Starter Pack. I had looked at it to buy it for my son. So this could be like the starter pack as well, just a bundle of nifty stuff with different themes.

In general I'm glad that quite a few people like the idea (if not everybody, just because people are varied on what they like and how they play), and I'm really hoping that Devs get some ideas for it. I would really love seasonal packages, and more themed packages like pirate themes, and say, Harper themes, and some type of clockwork/cog/construct Eberron theme, etc.

My husband made a funny suggestion of two troll hirelings, of different colours. One that when you have it in Eberron complains about how Forgotten Realms is better and it doesn't want to be there, and the other when you summon it in Forgotten Realms it complains about how much it hates that and wants to be summoned in Eberron (along with both having from trollish comments about how they're better then their summoner, how their equipment is better, etc... just because it would be kinda funny to have troll troll hirelings).

If they ever do bring out more classes/races like suggested I think some of these themed bundles could be a blast to go along with them. Such as if they do a paired race release of 'small folk' like gnomes and kobolds (eternal enemies) there could be an extra pack for sale along with it that goes with the theme like a kobold worker hireling, and.. um... gnomish tinkering goggles and such. (or something along those lines, just some fun, extra themed things that would suit your new characters.)

adam1oftheround
06-14-2014, 07:54 PM

So you would get a bonus in another game as well as this one. It would be like customer sharing, networking, referral services between games. They tried that on Face Book for a while. Not an awful Idea...