PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Tuesday, May 27th from 6:00 AM to 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cordovan
05-23-2014, 05:25 PM
UPDATE: The DDO game worlds have reopened. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

Nayus
05-23-2014, 05:48 PM
*starts conspiracy*

Hendrik
05-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Yea!

Another one fixed!

UurlockYgmeov
05-23-2014, 06:03 PM
thanks for the heads up! Have a safe and lovely holiday weekend.

*whisper* *whisper* *whisper* ;p

amylee4000
05-23-2014, 06:24 PM
A long maintenance, too sad for my because for the European time, but is always good the maintenance time, I like that my game to run smoothly

XxJFGxX
05-23-2014, 07:54 PM
A long maintenance, too sad for my because for the European time, but is always good the maintenance time, I like that my game to run smoothly

Either that is one hell of a downtime for maintenance or something is up (bug fixes gallore). I was hoping for U22 lol xD

amylee4000
05-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Either that is one hell of a downtime for maintenance or something is up (bug fixes gallore). I was hoping for U22 lol xD

*sniff* *sniff* yes.. smell somenthing like that..

Nédime
05-24-2014, 05:52 AM
Googling for which country is on holiday May, 27th to start a new dOOm.

Sarkastik
05-24-2014, 10:27 AM
The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Tuesday, May 27th from 6:00 AM to 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). The forums will remain up, but players may not be able to log in. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Why not on the Monday? Can't the days at least be consistent?

Cardtrick
05-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Why not on the Monday? Can't the days at least be consistent?

Monday is a federal holiday in the US where Turbine is located -- the devs working on the update/maintenance/whatever won't be working that day.

Nestroy
05-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Well, last week, next week, and no updates... Couldn´t you at last try to do some fixes and updates... Account maintenance taking that long? No conspiracies this time, just sad panda.

Hendrik
05-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Googling for which country is on holiday May, 27th to start a new dOOm.

That's easy;

Abolition of Slavery - Guadeloupe
Mother's Day - Bolivia
Reconciliation Week - Australia

Scrapco
05-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Monday is a federal holiday in the US where Turbine is located -- the devs working on the update/maintenance/whatever won't be working that day.

Actually, in the US, there's no legal obligation for companies to give their employees *any* holidays, federal or not. So, while you're probably right about Turbine employees getting the day off, that's a company thing, not an American thing.

I'd guess it's more about holidays being busier login-wise though - you don't really want to do maintenance when most of your player base is trying to log in. :)

(And the reason you do updates on a Monday and not a Friday is so that when something inevitably breaks, you have all week to work on it. Not like I've ever done that. *cough*)

Cardtrick
05-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Actually, in the US, there's no legal obligation for companies to give their employees *any* holidays, federal or not. So, while you're probably right about Turbine employees getting the day off, that's a company thing, not an American thing.

I never said it was a legal obligation that Turbine give their employees the day off. I simply said that it's a federal holiday in the US and most Turbine employees won't be working (some of the customer-facing folks, like GMs, might be). I was just trying to explain, not start an argument.

MangLord
05-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Saga fixes? That would be terrific.

Nédime
05-24-2014, 06:51 PM
That's easy;

Abolition of Slavery - Guadeloupe
Mother's Day - Bolivia
Reconciliation Week - Australia

Dunna if they have a holiday for mother's day in Bolivia, but abolition of slavery is not a holiday in Guadeloupe. It's a commemoration. Seems Reconciliation Week is not a bank holiday too.

So, it's okay Turbine you can do your stuff, no one will cancel his sub ;)

LargoKeyWest
05-24-2014, 08:36 PM
So.. they're (Turbine) FINALLY going to fix the bug that's letting players wear white pants after Arbor Day? YES!!

Sarkastik
05-24-2014, 08:48 PM

So to my point then, doesn't it make sense to *always* do it Tuesdays for non-emergency maintenance, instead of making people in other countries suffer when they have a long weekend? ;-)

Silverleafeon
05-26-2014, 09:31 AM
Turbine owns LotR too...

Oxarhamar
05-26-2014, 05:51 PM
So to my point then, doesn't it make sense to *always* do it Tuesdays for non-emergency maintenance, instead of making people in other countries suffer when they have a long weekend? ;-)

No matter the maintenance time some one always suffers. Turbine is going to do maintanace when it is conventions for them that's about it.

Rodosto
05-27-2014, 05:06 AM
Isn't it too much time for a maintenance without any update?

Siltharius
05-27-2014, 07:47 AM
Dunna if they have a holiday for mother's day in Bolivia, but abolition of slavery is not a holiday in Guadeloupe. It's a commemoration. Seems Reconciliation Week is not a bank holiday too.

So, it's okay Turbine you can do your stuff, no one will cancel his sub ;)

Do we really want to make the bankers happy? Haven't they done enough to screw over the people of the entire world. Turbine, if you can make things miserable for bankers in any small way, well I say go for it and KUDOS's to you for doing it!

AzB
05-27-2014, 08:01 AM
Isn't it too much time for a maintenance without any update?

Maybe they learned from the last maintenance where the original end time was 10:00 AM and was pushed back twice to 1:00 PM. This time they just start at 1:00 PM and look less silly if they finish earlier.

Or maybe they'll push it to 3:00 PM :D

RandomFireGuy
05-27-2014, 08:03 AM
Do we really want to make the bankers happy? Haven't they done enough to screw over the people of the entire world. Turbine, if you can make things miserable for bankers in any small way, well I say go for it and KUDOS's to you for doing it!

banks (though they have hurt the world in the world in many ways) have actually been very beneficial to the economy, allowing honest people to afford many things they usually wouldn't be able to and stimulating the economy by investing in growing businesses. therefore keeping many costs from skyrocketing.

Nédime
05-27-2014, 08:29 AM

Look here's the point where not being native english speaker (and sometimes not knowing that some english expression aren't used in USA) becomes a handicap.

vampiregoat69
05-27-2014, 08:31 AM
The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Tuesday, May 27th from 6:00 AM to 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). The forums will remain up, but players may not be able to log in. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

FIRST it said Monday now it is today this is beyond stupid. What ever nothing worth while ever really gets fixed I never notice anything ever fixed so what ever.

barecm
05-27-2014, 08:39 AM
So.. they're (Turbine) FINALLY going to fix the bug that's letting players wear white pants after Arbor Day? YES!!

I believe you are referring to white (pants or whatever) after Labor Day.

Chaimberland
05-27-2014, 09:00 AM
Maybe its 7hrs because they are installing new servers? I'm sure its just regular maintenance but its nice to dream.

Nyata
05-27-2014, 09:01 AM
this can't be right... I just logged onto cannith

Cordovan
05-27-2014, 09:03 AM
The DDO game worlds have reopened. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

RandomFireGuy
05-27-2014, 09:05 AM
The DDO game worlds have reopened. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game!

what was done?

Nyata
05-27-2014, 09:07 AM
what was done?

maintenaince - just roll with it and be happy they got it done and over with 3 hours sooner than posted

Chaimberland
05-27-2014, 09:10 AM
Holy smokes that awesome! Earlier is much better than later! What was it Scottie said? When the captain asks you how long it will take to do something always tell him a time that is longer than it will actually take so when you finish earlier you'll look like a genius.

LucasMacKinnon
05-27-2014, 09:23 AM
I agree. Give us an estimate that gives you plenty of time to do the job. So when you finish early It makes you look good. And it gives you a little extra time in case you do run into that rats nest of problems.

Nestroy
05-27-2014, 09:30 AM
A fast downtime this time! Thank you!

relenttless
05-27-2014, 10:02 AM
worlds up early... thank you

and, amazingly, no new files added ...so for once, yes, it was maintenance

Nédime
05-27-2014, 10:05 AM
worlds up early... thank you

and, amazingly, no new files added ...so for once, yes, it was maintenance

last week's maintenance was maintenance too.

Thumbed_Servant
05-27-2014, 10:37 AM

NOW you have the idea! Post a schedule for the down time that is a bit longer than you think it will take, then when you open before you posted you look good, rather than posting what you think will be the actual down time and looking bad for when it has to be extended! :D It's called *giving yourself a time cushion*

enteriiblackwater
05-27-2014, 04:17 PM
NOW you have the idea! Post a schedule for the down time that is a bit longer than you think it will take, then when you open before you posted you look good, rather than posting what you think will be the actual down time and looking bad for when it has to be extended! :D It's called *giving yourself a time cushion*

It's the Star Trek Engineer method, now they can be called Geniuses :D

Ent

Sarkastik
05-29-2014, 04:32 PM
No matter the maintenance time some one always suffers. Turbine is going to do maintanace when it is conventions for them that's about it.

I don't think you get the concept. Just because you can't entirely eliminate the impact to players, that is not an excuse to not try to at least minimize it. Tue, Wed, Thu maintenance times will likely have a lower impact than Fri, Sat, Sun, or Mon.