PDA

View Full Version : Gear setup for pure Ranger?

Maelodic
05-17-2014, 04:06 AM
Hello!

I'm taking my first character into lategame and looking to get feedback on the gear setup. I understand it will take a while to farm all this, but having something to work for is great.

DEX Based Dragonmarked Elf Pure Ranger with a focus on Sneak Attacks, Resiliance, and melee. Ranged will mostly only be Manyshot and pesky mobs. I'm still solidifying the build, but it will have the tempest capstone, grace, and called shot.

I tend to use Stealth for funsies- I slot in Hide/Move Silently.

Shadowdancer or Fury of the Wild as the ED- will play around a bit.

The goal is to avoid equipment swaps whenever possible unless for clickies- some of the augment slots are "wasted" but I'm trying to prepare for everything (and they don't really have another way to go anyway)

Anywho:

Weapon Set I:
Blizarde/Blizarde
Red Slot: 2d6 Electrical
Red Slot: 138 Devotion

Weapon Set II:
Pinion
Red Slot: 138 Devotion

Weapon Set III:
Celestia/Celestia (DR Breaking)

Helmet: Dragon Masque (Deception | Ins Sneak Attack 6 | Deadly 11 | Shadow Spike | SLOT 8 STR | SLOT 15 Heal)
Armor: Flawless Shadowscale Armor - Killer (Deathblock | Fortification 130 | Ghostly | From the Shadows | 2d6 Sneak Attack | SLOT Imperial Globe)
Goggles: EE Shadowsight (Ethereal | WIS 11 | Accuracy 10 | SLOT 40 HP)
Trinket: Planar Focus of Prowess (CON 8 | PRR 15 | Damage 4 | Attack 4)
Necklace: Necklace of Mystic Eidolons (Insightful DEX 4 | Insightful CON 4 | Ghostly | SLOT Resistance 8)
Cape: Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf (Ex Seeker 5 | Dodge 8 | Diversion 20 | Attack 4)
Bracers: Dumathoin's Bracers (DEX 11 | PRR 30 | Elemental Resist 45 | Natural Armor 10 | SLOT Exceptional CON 1)
Gloves: EE Backstabber's Gloves (Sneak Attack 5 | Exceptional Sneak Attack 3 | Improved Deception | SLOT Blindness Immunity)
Boots: EE Goatskin Boots (Any Stat Boost | Speed 15 - 30 Striding - 15 Alacrity | SLOT Exceptional CON 1)
Belt: Epic Spare Hand (Doublestrike 3 | UMD 3 | Ripose | SLOT Fear Immunity | SLOT Exception DEX 1)
Ring: EE Consuming Darkness (Seeker 12 | Combat Mastery 5 | SLOT Move Silently 15)
Ring: Ward Token (Protection 10 | Diehard | Holding On | Earthgrab Guard | SLOT Hide 15 | SLOT Feather Falling)

Drydorn
08-27-2014, 12:31 PM
I have a pure ranger and mostly just group with 1 friend of mine. I love your item list and was wondering if you would be able to able to edit your list to include the dungeon that each items drops in? I have no idea where to get any of that gear. Also, my ranger is pure ranged, no hand to hand, so if you can recommend any other ranged items, i'd appreciate it. Thanx again!

pappo
08-27-2014, 01:10 PM
I have a pure ranger and mostly just group with 1 friend of mine. I love your item list and was wondering if you would be able to able to edit your list to include the dungeon that each items drops in? I have no idea where to get any of that gear. Also, my ranger is pure ranged, no hand to hand, so if you can recommend any other ranged items, i'd appreciate it. Thanx again!

You can enter each item in the DDO Wiki ... http://ddowiki.com/page/Home and see where the items drop.