PDA

View Full Version : FVS flavour build questions

Pehtis
05-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Going to try out a FVS pure toon (First Life 32 pt). Half elf (pally dill for the saves) with max 18 WIS. All level ups WIS. Charisma 14, INT 12, CON 14 (likely add +2 tome). Skill focus Spellcraft, the rest to balance/jump (10 points), maybe Diplo later. Decided to try going with no points in concentration.

The flavour of the build will have have FVS primary weapon light power. Silver Flame path for the searing light sla at cap. AoV tree.

Feats: Maximise. empower, Heighten, Quicken (no concentrate). I have 3 feat slots to fill.

Question:
*Would a Divine Necro work at high level content (2 necro feat, maybe 1 spell pen)?
Thinking Destruction spell, Undeath, and other necro debuffs (not sure how useful the damage ones would be).

*Would an Divine Enchant (2 Enchant feat, maybe 1 spell pen feat) work at high level content?
Thinking Greater Command, Stunning.

I kinda ruled out EVO dc's as not worthwhile in this game. Dont think BB or Holy smite blinds would work much. Hence the laser beam flavor path that can't be saved against.

I will run epic content, but maybe not too many EE if the feedback is all DOOM. Might complete a couple of ED's then look to TR.

Sebastrd
05-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Question:
*Would a Divine Necro work at high level content (2 necro feat, maybe 1 spell pen)?
Thinking Destruction spell, Undeath, and other necro debuffs (not sure how useful the damage ones would be).

*Would an Divine Enchant (2 Enchant feat, maybe 1 spell pen feat) work at high level content?

Both of these are done better and easier with other classes. Neither will be particularly effective, IMO, on a first-life FvS.

Otherwise, there are a bunch of evoker FvS builds just on the first page of the FvS forum.

SirValentine
05-15-2014, 04:45 PM

I run a Necro divine, but a Cleric, not a FvS. Divine Disciple give some synergy there that FvS doesn't have. But still, you're only a couple points of DC behinds, so I'd think you could get good enough DCs to be useful in most content. If you go Necro (or even just generic offensive caster), don't forget Slay Living! Adding that gives you twice the insta-killing goodness of Destruction alone.

Probably...but probably not worth it. There just isn't really enough or good enough divine Enchantment spells to justify going Enchantment-specced, I think.

I kinda ruled out EVO dc's as not worthwhile in this game. Dont think BB or Holy smite blinds would work much. Hence the laser beam flavor path that can't be saved against.

Evo is easier to get higher DCs than any other school for you. Implosion is really nice. Holy Smite will blind just fine if you get your DC up. I'm a fan of Necro, personally, but Evo looks like a better choice to me than Enchant.