PDA

View Full Version : DDO Book of measurement

AidanRyuko
05-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Table of contents
- Intro
- What is the range on cleave?
- What is the range of normal attacks
- What is the attack distance of ranged attacks?
- How much do healing spells heal?
- Speed and test track
- What is the highest one can jump and reach?
- What is the furthest jump one can make?
- How big is each race?
- What's the size difference between first and third life?
- What are the highest ability stats attainable?
- How fast does one swim and how long can one stay under water?
- How much can the strongest player lift?
- What is the highest Ki one can get?
- How far does a trap reach?
- How big are constructions in the game?

Intro
Not a big fan of long walls of text, the goal of this thread is giving fun or practical information, if you want to know something that can be measured feel free to ask for it.

The range of cleave
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/greatcleavenewmeas_zpsecf180fb.jpg
this chart only fully works on Great cleave, regular cleave does not hit enemies behind the player. Interesting is that the diagonal lines almost have 50% more range then the straight lines. Also interesting is that size does matter, the biggest race can hit straight lines slightly further (20/30CM), on diagonal lines this difference is so small it can't be measured properly.

melee attack distances
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/atdscopy_zpsd8a0f85b.jpg
The chart is on scale, when you are in front of the dummy you should be able to hit it if you stand exactly on the bottom line if your weapon type. Interesting point is that two handed weapons have twice as much glancing blow range as one handed weapons. Also interesting is that monks actually get slightly more range with handwraps.

Attack distances
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/attackdistance_zpsa33ef7b92_zps66294d5e.jpg
Seems the spells I used had a range of 25 Meter, 50 meter with enlarge on. Ki bolt 50 Meter range, Shuriken and ranged attacks are a different story.

bow distance
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/arrowdistancecopy_zpsa42504c9.jpg
Arrows seemingly don't have a distance limit, arrows hit with a 0.6 second delay between your click and impact regardless of how far a monster is. (perhaps it's .5 seconds travel distance between actual shot and impact).
Though it's a meaningless number it means current top speed measured of an arrow is 5868KmH, a shuriken weighs 0.5Lbs, with this data we can calculate how much energy a shuriken would produce on impact, which is 252114 Joules. That amount of energy is more energy then an AA battery produces and more energy then a Winchester Magnum produces.

Heals
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/newhealmeas_zpse296ec3a.jpg
I took 500 spell power to get a clear view on healing differences per spell, this is also a fairly normal number for a level 20 character I think. what I didn't account for is spell crits and healing amp. The actual number can vary quite a bit, maximum potential for a heal lies above 25.000HP.

Vigor is a different category of heals, because it takes 38 seconds to fully cast Greater Vigor.

Test Track and fastest classes
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/speedmeas_zps0615185c.jpg
Sands has a nice track that can be ran straight for 1 Kilometer for fairly reliable numbers. A little explanation on how I managed the speed.
Monk/ranger: Empty body, Sprint boost, Monk speed.
Monk/ranger max: Empty body, Sprint boost, Monk speed, Abundant step, Cannith propulsion boots.
Barbarian: 10% base speed bonus, Sprint boost, Shadow walk
Base speed: this is the basic speed of any class except barbarian and monk without bonusses.
NOTE: druid coming up, druid should be very fast splashed with barbarian.

Jump Height
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/jumpmeasurements_zps0dce138a.jpg
every class jumps equally high, though the animation might differ a bit, this caps at 3.75M at 40 jump. Highest ledge that can be reached is 5.79 meters high, not sure if this is working as intended.

Longest jump
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/vistajumop_zpsa6be3b46.jpg
Using the ledge at the Vista explorer in Vale of twilight, you can get enough momentum to float all the way to the Coalescence chamber quest. To reach all the way to the quest you do need abundant step/snowslide/wings/air savant.

Race sizes
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/racesizescopy_zps214beeb3.jpg
All the regular races, they are actually in proportion with eachother, including the giant. I will add Iconics and possibly other gender when I have the chance, I don't own all of the Iconic races.

Size difference Life 1 and 3
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/thirdlifedifference_zpsb099fa60.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/halflingthirdandfirst_zps6a236bfa.jpg
There is a small increase in height at life 2 and 3, approximately +5cm at life 2 and +10cm at life 3.

Ability related things

Current max attainable stats (temporarily) are
Strength ----– 135
Constitution – 113
Dexterity –---- 92
Intelligence -– 89
Charisma –---- 97
- Max turn power for a paladin with this Charisma = 74
- Max Lay on hands heals 1260HP before healing amplification
Wisdom –----- 93
- Max Ki with this Wisdom + 20 monk levels = 555 Ki

Strength

How fast can we swim?
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/swimlevels_zps1e2954d7.jpg
Notable is that monk speed and other speed bonusses like time pendant do not affect swim speed.

Max attainable swim level is 126 at the moment, this grants a swimspeed of 45,2KmH.
with 126 swim you can stay underwater without breath for 82.5 seconds.
Crucible water current is 18KmH

Maximum weightlift
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/strengthmeas_zpsa702ec15.jpg
Highest strength someone ever attained so far is at 115 Strength, this amounts to the ability to carry 118.609.252KG, this is so strong that he could lift Meridia up on his own, or lift an object 34 times as large as the pillar in house Kundarak (or 72 times a pillar in Inspired Quarter as shown on image).

At maximum possible strength (135) weight carry capacity rises to 1.897.748.032KG

How far does a trap reach?
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/trapsmeasddocopy_zps4b544a03.jpg

Building measurements
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/buildingmeasurements_zps26714d9a.jpg
This is how tall or how wide the buildings in DDO are.

Highest place
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/highspot1_zpsdfc9b18c.jpg
Current highest place measured is 2093 Meters up in the sky in the "Prison of mind" quest from the Vault of Night pack, you can reach it by jumping from the Memnos Blossom (the actual flower) on top of a garden pergola -> on top of the shrine -> on top of the pillar.

~Crim

Cordovan
05-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Awesome.

SirValentine
05-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Nice guide, +1.

if you want to know something that can be measured feel free to ask for it.
How fast can we swim?
Swim level = Speed per hour
10 = 23.4 Kmh
20 = 24 Kmh
30 = 24.9 Kmh
40 = 26.5 Kmh

Can you measure the speed of the current in various places? Fathom the Depths & Crucible both come to mind.

Also, what's the actual exact height difference between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd+ life characters of each race?

Seikojin
05-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Awesome info about cleave and jumping.

CaptainSpacePony
05-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Bravo!

CaptainSpacePony
05-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Also, what's the actual exact height difference between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd+ life characters of each race?

Excellent question

Cardtrick
05-02-2014, 02:41 PM
This is incredibly fantastic.

Saekee
05-02-2014, 02:57 PM
fantastic post! Top notch as always!

Would be curious to know the difference in range with daggers and unarmed.

I think a character experiencing Fear effects should be able to run even faster (assuming one specific direction in relationship to the cause of said effect)

Scenario: Character leaps from Vista to Coalescence, then returns to bench-press all of Meridia. Result: All mobs in Vale explorer area experience the Shaken effect on sight/tremor sense/smell

der_kluge
05-02-2014, 03:18 PM

I suspect that feature isn't actually working. Even if one were +1 pixel taller for each past life, a 36 past lifer would be measurably taller than everyone else. And I just don't see that being the case.

Cardtrick
05-02-2014, 03:22 PM
I suspect that feature isn't actually working. Even if one were +1 pixel taller for each past life, a 36 past lifer would be measurably taller than everyone else. And I just don't see that being the case.

The feature was always intended to top out at life 3. So life 2 was taller than life 1, and life 3 taller than life 2, but life 36 would be no taller than life 3.

Whether it is actually working, I'm not sure, but it seems to be. It's especially noticeable with halflings.

AidanRyuko
05-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the compliments:), added the difference between a first and third lifer, if I can find a second life half orc I can make it complete.

@Saekee, do you want to know regular attack distance, with cleave (it does work with daggers and unarmed) or Sneak attack distance? SA distance is 4M I believe, might be more diagonal like cleave, could be worth testing:)

@Valentine, I'll get back to you on currents, it's actually pretty interesting to measure this properly, because merfolk feels like it makes swimming through current a LOT easier, though it should only have minor impact on paper.

Ebondevil
05-02-2014, 03:57 PM
- What is the range on cleave?
- How big is each race?

Hi, Wonderful info, Thanks!

And I have a question, kind of related to these two, I'm not sure quite how you measured the range for Cleave/Great Cleave, so Question:

Do the Different Races have Different Weapon Reaches?
And if so how great is the difference?

E.g. Does a Warforged using a Khopesh have a greater weapon reach than a Halfling?

merentha
05-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Can we get the height of all the females thrown in?

Also, where is the furthest length swim (with and without) current to fight in the game?

You also now gave me a reason to carry a swim item to break 40 swim on my TR >< Never knew over 30 was worth anything and had been settling.

Thumbed_Servant
05-02-2014, 04:14 PM
You are a major geek AidanRyuko, thanks for adding some extra fun to the game we all love...I hope you didn't forget to feed something living in your home while you made all these measurements :$

Saekee
05-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the compliments:), added the difference between a first and third lifer, if I can find a second life half orc I can make it complete.

@Saekee, do you want to know regular attack distance, with cleave (it does work with daggers and unarmed) or Sneak attack distance? SA distance is 4M I believe, might be more diagonal like cleave, could be worth testing:)

Thank you! I am wondering what arc is achieved with a cleave with daggers and unarmed--how different it is against a great club. There are arguments for and against using cleave on TWF so this may add to the discussion--if the range is poor than one does not cleave much.

HatsuharuZ
05-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Your attention to detail is impressive!

I'm curious, though. Could you measure Lolth? Height, waist and bust measurements, perhaps? :P

CaptainSpacePony
05-03-2014, 05:02 AM
So, is jump really capped at 40? And just how high is that-both in terms of how high do a character's feet leave the ground, and how high a ledge can they grab?
Does this actually mean there is a difference between how high different races can get? So many myths to bust!

Alistina
05-03-2014, 06:51 AM
Thank you for the brilliant post :)

Would be great if you could compare male/female height difference, if any.

AidanRyuko
05-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Added first/third life Halfling, attack ranges on ranged attacks and jump heights, ran into an anomaly though.

There is a ledge in the harbor that can be climbed with 40 jump, but the chance to actually hit the right spot is very small, usually takes a lot of attempts to climb it, so my question is, is that part of the ledge slightly lower/bugged or is it a matter of getting momentum? 5.79 = 3.75 + 2.00 top reach + 0.04 mystery number. Also, this doesn't differ between any races, Half orc gets just as high as a halfling.

Attacks with daggers and unarmed actually have the same range as two handed weapons. If you want to test it out for yourself just follow instructions below at your local dummy. You can play around with diagonal attacks or even attacks to your back side.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/dummyfighting_zps3fcde6be.jpg

Oh and I'll add the female versions at some point but not any time soon, unless someone else feels like measuring their sizes for me:) I have to create and later destroy a toon to measure this because it's more reliable then measuring other players so after a few it gets repetitive

Ebondevil
05-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Do the Different Races have Different Weapon Reaches?
And if so how great is the difference?

E.g. Does a Warforged using a Khopesh have a greater weapon reach than a Halfling?

Attacks with daggers and unarmed actually have the same range as two handed weapons. If you want to test it out for yourself just follow instructions below at your local dummy. You can play around with diagonal attacks or even attacks to your back side.

Thanks, Did some testing based on the instructions to answer my own question and the results were interesting

I found there was no difference between a Halfling using Khopeshes and a Warforged using daggers (not a perfect test case but I don't have a WF with Khopeshes at the moment, and the numbers came out the same.)

What I did find though was that Two weapon fighting has a shorter range than single weapon fighting which surprised me:

I tried to move 1cm but that was proving very difficult so the numbers aren't as precise as I would like...
I moved the characters as close to the dummy as possible, with 4 attack animations, misses mentioned are when the character swings but does not get an attack roll, it's always a miss, results were as follows:

1 Weapon (1 Handed or 2 Handed):
3 of 4 attacks miss at 1.58 Meters
4 Attacks miss at 2.04 Meters
Out of Range at 2.06 meters

2 Weapons:
1 of 4 attacks miss at 0.84 Meters
3 of 4 attacks miss at 1.1 Meters (half a meter less than 1 weapon)
4 attacks miss at 1.56 Meters (half a meter less than 1 weapon)
Out of Range at 2.06 Meters

I was unable to replicate a scenario where a single weapon missed 1 of the 4 attacks.

I guess that explains why it always feels like my Halfling is missing more.

AidanRyuko
05-03-2014, 12:11 PM
you mean regular attacks? didn't test that yet, but semt interesting so went ahead and tested it a bit.

some of my data on that for comparison:

regular attack straight forward: 2.20 on half orc, two handed
regular attack glancing blow: 2:90 max half orc, two handed
regular attack straight forward: 2.20 on half orc, one handed
regular attack glancing blow: 2.80 on half orc, one handed
regular attack straight forward: 2.2 meters on half orc, dagger
regular attack glancing blow: 2.80 meters on half orc, dagger
regular attack straight forward: 1.80 meters on half orc, unarmed
regular attack glancing blow: 2.25 meters on half orc, unarmed/kick

tested the two handed glancing blow a few extra times because the number was off, but it really does have slightly more range, what's interesting is that this glancing blow gets further diagonally, while dagger and one handed weapon gets further straight in front. There is indeed a difference between weapons.

Ps. our numbers differ but I suspect you measure standing in front of the dummy?

Ebondevil
05-03-2014, 01:27 PM
you mean regular attacks? didn't test that yet, but semt interesting so went ahead and tested it a bit.

Ps. our numbers differ but I suspect you measure standing in front of the dummy?

Yeah, I was, I found a single weapon, whether two handed or one handed was giving about the same results, but the swings were giving slightly different results, for example a single one handed weapons third attack was a thrust which had a greater reach than most of the other attacks in the chain of 4.

The loss of range on Two weapon fighting though has me somewhat concerned as it is a significant difference, not sure if that's intended or not.

I guess I notice it more as I'm in the UK and I notice a lot of 'You are not facing' and similar things when spell casting, or misses when I'm facing a mob with ranged, due to what I can only assume is Client/Server delay resulting in the data crossing the pond.

Saekee
05-03-2014, 02:50 PM
I guess that explains why it always feels like my Halfling is missing more.

thx for this testing. It is just like I suspected...with TWF, especially the small weapons, one needs to get close and intimate

FranOhmsford
05-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Any chance we could get Height above Sea Level and Gradient measurements for Mt Korthos?

How about Total Distance by shortest route from far side of Village to Misery's Peak in Miles/KM?

AidanRyuko
05-05-2014, 08:51 AM
updated the OP, I actually measured the cleave chart wrong, especially the diagonal back attack. Also found out that races DO make a (small) difference in max attack distance when it comes to cleave. This doesn't seem to be the case on regular attacks however. I also added the max arc one can hit enemies at, my monk can make a ninja dummy that moves when hit, I basicly kept seperating the two more and more using diagonal attacks untill I could no longer hit both by slightly adjusting my angle on both dummies till it hits.

Also added attack range per weapon type, should be pretty interesting. color is regular attack range, white is glancing blow range. And maybe it doesn't belong there but I also added the lunge attack for quarterstaves, it's pretty big:)

@Fran, as far as I know the game uses the coördinate system too loosely to measure sea level difference, because VON6 is a few kilometers above Eberron, but if you use /loc it displays like it's lower then top of the sentinel tower in house D.

I'll explain the technical bit though i'm not sure if you are waiting for that. The game uses a 3d coördination system, (west/east) OX, (north, south) OY, Height (OZ), because maps are sometimes pretty large (IE king's forest) they capped the OX/OY numbers at 160 meters and added LX/LY for bigger blocks (20 by 20M) so it's fairly easy to pinpoint a position. Because maps are much wider and longer then they are high this system isn't necesary for OZ, I measured a lot of maps trying to find the highest point and I didn't find anything about 400 meters in height yet with the exception of stormhorn mountain, 900 meters.

There is also an indication in /loc displaying the map and instance we are in, this makes life on devs a lot easier because I reckon the maps are scattered all over the place even though we players don't see that.

I do think it's pretty cool they have floor to walk on past the invis-walls, I'm still trying to breach it on my monk from time to time. someone managed in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW-NOpKj8Ow

and below you can see a picture of the outsides, as can be seen in a lot of maps and cities.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/ScreenShot00234.jpg

AidanRyuko
05-05-2014, 09:07 AM
I'll explain how I think it works, might inspire others to figure stuff out as well, who knows.
(Standard): You are at: r1 lx365 ly1654 i2 ox108.93 oy126.18 oz146.31 h348.8
R1 - seems to be the instance but not 100% sure
lx - large scale coordinate (20 meters)
ly - large scale coordinate (20 meters)
i2 - seems to be a map indication, not 100% sure yet.
ox - small scale coordinate, 108 Meters and 93 centimeters (number restarts at 160)
oy - small scale coordinate, 126 Meters and 18 centimeters (number restarts at 160)
oz - Height, 146 Meters and 31 centimeters
H - the direction you are facing with your camera

Now with this information, if you follow coördinates below you will manage to hit the dummy with a cleave on a Stormyglory Typhoon airship.

Get to ox-22.25, oy-916.00 and face to the left of the dummy until you hit h135, which is perfectly diagonal from the dummy. Note, if you are 0.01 too far away you will miss.

I really am a geek aren't I^^ and that while I do social work and love to patch up old cars, oh well can't be helped.

TeacherSyn
05-05-2014, 01:43 PM
This is absolutely spectacular and very fun to read.

You should make a small guide of it. +100

Arkantios
05-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Is there a cap on swim? I've gotten mine all the way to 100 and it's pretty decently fast.

Saekee
05-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Also interesting is that monks actually get slightly more range with handwraps.

This is just bizarre. THE POWER OF KI! Or was this only on the Kick animations lol? Thx again for this mesmerizing study. Adds so much to the game.

Missing_Minds
05-06-2014, 10:54 AM
ranged attacks could hit any distance that's viewable, for me thats 90 Meters, maybe a high end computer could get a bigger distance.
Any physical ranged attack that does not arc (so no flask throwing), has infinite distance in a straight line actually. (shuriken, dagger, arrow, bolt, etc.)

so long as the server registers NPC placement, and you have nothing blocking your LOS, you can hit it.

In Gianthold I routinely hit giants that were not being drawn, but I knew their spawn placement, so I'd shoot the tents. This was way outside the 90m you called out.

Beyond that, good write up.

AidanRyuko
05-09-2014, 07:59 AM
nice that you can hit stuff that isn't rendered. I wrote down 90 because it's the highest I could measure, not sure if I can measure past my LOS, will have to try it out.

In other news, added a chart for heals so you can compare how well spells heal.

HatsuharuZ
05-09-2014, 08:31 AM
There is no shame in being a geek. After all, curiousity about both trivial and non-trivial things is one of humanities' greatest assets!

About your healing measurements... I and everyone who has a druid would be very interested in seeing how much vigor spells heal for compared to cure spells, on an SP-efficiency basis.

Missing_Minds
05-09-2014, 08:53 AM
nice that you can hit stuff that isn't rendered. I wrote down 90 because it's the highest I could measure, not sure if I can measure past my LOS, will have to try it out.
One other point of interest for you. Distance rendering. It seems to be done in a T shape (maybe it is really a rectangle or cone centered on you, but a T is easy to perceive)

...................|
...................|
you ---------| M
...................|
...................|

With this as the example, M is Monster. Right now it is outside your drawing area. However if you rotate left or right. For a time they will be back in the drawing distance and render. So I use that video game trick on occasion when looking for mobs.

I don't know if you knew about this or not, so when doing your measurements, you may not want to be rotating.

AidanRyuko
05-10-2014, 01:36 AM
I'll test it out properly when I get home, because there is no DDO cliënt on this computer, but the paper answer on the Vigor question: if it works the same as regular healing spells, Greater Vigor at 500 spell power would max. heal 72HP per 2 seconds for 8 seconds and 12HP per 5 seconds for 30 seconds, so this can be 360HP max total or 444HP max. SP cost is different for vigor then is for regular heals so it's best to get max heal per SP. Calculating just base SP, difference is likely less in practice because of empower stances.

Greater vigor costs 15 SP - at max heal average HP per SP = 29.6
Cure serious costs 12 SP - at max heal average HP per SP = 19.5
Cure crit costs 20 SP - at max heal average HP per SP = 15.6
Clear winner, but you have to account for chance and duration, instead of 1 heal it has 10+ heals, more chance to get less then maximum. I do like the way Vigor works though, one could say it's a bad spell because it heals 11.6HP per second, but in practice you can get 72HP healed every 2 seconds.

To give a practical example. Druids can get the spell Greater vigor at level 9, if they have Maximize and Empower healing on, maxed heal skill and a devotion item for their level, they could get 300 spell power that way, at the cost of 50SP the druid could heal a barbarian for 16 to 44 per 2 seconds and 8hp per 5 seconds after, at this level boss fights don't take that long, so it could be a great life saver in certain situations. Otherwise it's fairly expensive to cast this at level 9.

oh and adding basic SP needed per spell is a good idea for better comparison, lowest sp needed left, highest sp right.
Edit: I think I made a mistake, will have to fix this too when I get home, I think Heal only gets affected 50% by spellpower?

HatsuharuZ
05-11-2014, 10:08 PM
I'll test it out properly when I get home, because there is no DDO cliënt on this computer, but the paper answer on the Vigor question: if it works the same as regular healing spells, Greater Vigor at 500 spell power would max. heal 72HP per 2 seconds for 8 seconds and 12HP per 5 seconds for 30 seconds, so this can be 360HP max total or 444HP max. SP cost is different for vigor then is for regular heals so it's best to get max heal per SP. Calculating just base SP, difference is likely less in practice because of empower stances.

Greater vigor costs 15 SP - at max heal average HP per SP = 29.6
Cure serious costs 12 SP - at max heal average HP per SP = 19.5
Cure crit costs 20 SP - at max heal average HP per SP = 15.6
Clear winner, but you have to account for chance and duration, instead of 1 heal it has 10+ heals, more chance to get less then maximum. I do like the way Vigor works though, one could say it's a bad spell because it heals 11.6HP per second, but in practice you can get 72HP healed every 2 seconds.

To give a practical example. Druids can get the spell Greater vigor at level 9, if they have Maximize and Empower healing on, maxed heal skill and a devotion item for their level, they could get 300 spell power that way, at the cost of 50SP the druid could heal a barbarian for 16 to 44 per 2 seconds and 8hp per 5 seconds after, at this level boss fights don't take that long, so it could be a great life saver in certain situations. Otherwise it's fairly expensive to cast this at level 9.

oh and adding basic SP needed per spell is a good idea for better comparison, lowest sp needed left, highest sp right.
Edit: I think I made a mistake, will have to fix this too when I get home, I think Heal only gets affected 50% by spellpower?

Thank you for calculating that!

Also, yes, the Heal spell only gets 50% benefit from spellpower last time I checked.

AidanRyuko
05-12-2014, 12:32 PM
changed the heal picture with better numbers, forgot to add SP requirements which I planned, will do sometime in future.

Currently working on: Swim, I think there is a better way of calculating this then wiki proposes, for now it seems to be something like this: base swimming speed 22KmH, swim levels add 0.5% to that speed. That does mean my former measurements are slightly off, looking for someone with 60+ swim to test this out, then I could write down how fast the person should be able to swim and see if it really is that fast in practice.

Another thing I'm trying to define is attack speed, there are rumors that base attack bonus and/or weapon enhancements also influence this. So far it hasn't, but I didn't try out that much yet. A chart should be a nice way to see the difference between attack speed, might impact your choice on weapons with a proc on it like banishing.

danotmano1998
05-12-2014, 01:10 PM
After seeing this thread, I just have to ask...

How far does one fall on that first drop off in the coalescence chamber?
It *feels* like the largest falling distance in the game.

Missing_Minds
05-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Another thing I'm trying to define is attack speed, there are rumors that base attack bonus and/or weapon enhancements also influence this. So far it hasn't, but I didn't try out that much yet. A chart should be a nice way to see the difference between attack speed, might impact your choice on weapons with a proc on it like banishing.

per Devs, BAB does influence the speed.
And weapons type did as well. This is why people chose a great axe and maul over the others most of the time. they attacked faster.

Also if you are going to be OCD when doing this (and going back) you have druids AND their base race to consider.
A PDK base race makes for the largest druid wolf forms.
A dark elf wolf is smaller than a standard elf wolf.

Just to make your life harder, you understand. ;)

MangLord
05-16-2014, 01:13 AM
I'm not big on number crunching, but I do notice that my THF greataxe dwarf doesn't benefit as much from a +10% melee alacrity item as opposed to my TWF rogue. It really doesn't seem to effect the speed of my greataxe very much, but it is a noticeable difference with short swords. Even when I craft a level 3 alacrity trinket during a TR, I hardly notice the difference in attack speed. I want to say that THF attack speed is more based off character level than any speed or alacrity item bonus. My level 16 fighter is practically permahasted when I switch from that one to my level 7 fighter.

I can cosign the fact that a two handed weapon has a much larger cleave and grazing hit range than a one handed weapon or TWF. It's clear and noticeable even in Korthos, especially coming fresh off a single handed weapon life. By the time I have greater two handed feat, I find myself pooling enemies together to achieve maximum effectiveness, instead of drawing the small groups I did at level 10 and below. The grazing hits are probably equal to the base damage of a one handed weapon, and there's just a sea of damage happening. The drawback is that I lose out when fighting enemies one at a time, but overall I find THF better for dealing with high level mobs, namely Wheloon.

I don't find cleave to be quite worth the feat expenditure on a TWF build, since it seems to have a hugely limited range. On my greataxe dwarf kensei, I can usually hit enemies in the second row back, but when I tried a dwarven axe tempest, (whom I brought up to level 28 and TRed into my current dwarf greataxe guy) the range seemed limited to the enemies crowding my immediate space. Given that experience, I would recommend THF for mob mitigation over TWF. TWF is great against single enemies, and better for classes that don't want to grab a ton of aggro. If you want to serve as the aggro-magnet, THF is the way to go. I have no science behind this claim, just personal experience.

Frotz
05-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Harder to measure, but you could also estimate the increase in attack range from moving. With some update it got pretty ridiculous how far away you could hit something if you were strafing sideways. Good for floating fire/air elementals. ;)

AidanRyuko
05-27-2014, 08:48 AM
do you mean straight left and right movement? because up/left and up/right doesn't seem to affect attack distance. I can imagine it would seem like a large distance because of game delay, when someone is running past me and I stun it, it usually takes a few meters before it's actually standing still.

as for melee alacrity, didn't spend that much time measuring because I just hit a new life, but two handed weapon did get 10% bonus, going from 86 hits per minute to 94/95 hits per minute. The base attack bonus does seem to differ a little bit, assuming this isn't a racial or class thing, my favorite soul hits 82 times per minute.

Swim is a complete mess right now, might start over alltogether.

Lagin
05-27-2014, 08:57 AM
great thread
+1

Theolin
05-27-2014, 10:19 AM
Have you tested the run speed with the 20% bonus that the PDK past lives (3) give?

AidanRyuko
05-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Finally figured out how Swim works! took enough effort :) so the formula is as follows: Swim speed = 18 + (swim level * 0.2). Will whip out a chart tomorrow, but it seems there isn't a swim cap (or at least not that I have reached), 100 swim would boost swim speed from 18Kmh to 38Kmh, quite a nice difference.

Then there are traps, small explosive crates reach about 4M, huge crates can reach about 40M. Those spikey blade traps have about 2.2M range, what's interesting is that each of these blades are individual mini-traps so you can safely stand behind them. I'll display the range in an image tomorrow also.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/bladetrap1_zps947ca551.jpg

Then there was the question how long the drop in Coalesence Chamber is, this is 380 Meters, or.. almost 5 times as large as an airship building.

Pdk speed 20% is an action bonus, action bonus works as intended and stacks with most other types of speed bonus except for the same, so shouldnt work with a sprint boost.

Psiandron
05-27-2014, 07:18 PM
What an interesting thread. Thank you very much. :)

I was particularly interested in the vastly diminished ranges for TWF. I can't say it surprised me, but I had never seen anything to contradict the range is equal info. Never crossed my mind to use /loc.

Great job all around.

Nédime
05-28-2014, 05:05 AM
Bravo

AidanRyuko
05-28-2014, 06:37 AM
thanks for the compliments:) added the swim and trap picture, also measured trap interval, blade traps will hurt you if you enter in the .5 seconds they are active per 2 seconds.

Also figured out a safe path in redfang for fun, but that doesn't really fit the main thread so I'll put it here :)

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/redfangsaferoute_zps56960a5d.jpg
Just walk to the last block of the crates and then go straight left untill you are straight in front of those sand/flour bags and climb up from there:)

attack speed is on bucket list but was getting a lot of different numbers, also still need to do currents, been postponing because I need to get past maze for that. Other then that i'm free for stuff to measure.

AidanRyuko
09-04-2014, 04:48 AM
updated this a bit.

Max ability stats, already had a list of these but updated them to latest gear/enhancements (+11 stat items, two +4 insightful items)
Highest ki
Highest lay on hand heal
Highest turn undead
Underwater breathing. Formula is easy actually. Breathing = 19.5 + (swim level x 0.5) = amount of seconds
Crucible water current
Highest carry capacity possible

On the list of stuff to do are AC and saves, might put monks seperate, because they get 55 max AC from just being a monk with max wisdom before enhancements, but they still aren't in the same league as fighter/paladin.

FranOhmsford
09-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Then there was the question how long the drop in Coalesence Chamber is, this is 380 Meters, or.. almost 5 times as large as an airship building.

So just under 1,247 feet then.

Culver.Civello
09-04-2014, 07:25 AM
Not sure how useful some of this info might be, but def super cool!

Kalevor
09-04-2014, 07:41 AM
awesome. +1

AidanRyuko
09-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Thanks, could use a review on the following reflex number, not sure if everything stacks, wiki isn't always very clear on the bonus type, would be cool if it did. I looked at the combination of classes/race that gives the biggest number in the end.

Human monk 16/pal 3/rgr 1
Reflex:
Ability bonus
+28 from Charisma*
+27 from Dexterity
= 55

Level bonusses
+10 Monk level 16
+1 Paladin level 3
+2 Ranger level 1
=13

Feat bonus
+2 Lightning reflexes
+1 Snake blood
+1 luck of heroes
+4 resilience stance
+2 Bulwark of defense (Epic)
+2 Epic reflexes
+8 Guardian angel (below 50% health)
+3 Brace stance (Epic past life)
+5 Grandmaster water stance (need to pick feat because lv 16 won't unlock automatic)
=29

Enhancement bonus
+3 Sacred defense stance (tested on an iconic, does stack with resiliance stance)
+6 saves boost (action bonus)
+4 resistance aura
=13

Epic Destiny
+6 Perfection of Soul (Grandmaster of flowers)
+2 Brace for impact (Twisted unyielding Sentinel)
+6 Lithe (Shadowdancer Twisted)
+9 Acrobatic (Shadowdancer Twisted, need to Tumble)
=23

Gear
+2 exceptional reflex
+4 Superior parry item
+12 resistance item
+3 luck item
+1 guild bonus (slot)
=22

Spells/buffs
+4 Greater Heroism
+1 armor of speed
+3 ship buffs
=8

Grand total = 163

*Charisma for Divine grace, and this is how I calculated max Charisma and Dexterity for this reflex build.

+18 - base charisma (human)
+2 ship buffs
+2 inspire excellence (song)
+2 completionist
+11 gear
+6 tome
+4 - enhancements (paladin)
+3 – when using an action boost (human)
+1 - exeptional bonus (equipment)
+3 - insight bonus (equipment)
+4 - Profane bonus (abishai destroyer cookie)
+2 - yugoloth potion (item)
+2 - DDO store potion (item)
+3 - alchemical bonus (collectable potion)
+4 - Abishai Destroyer (equipment)
=(67-10)/2 = 28 modifier

Dex
+18- character creation
+2 - Completionist Feat
+6 - Ability tome
+2 - ship buffs
+11 - Equipment
+4 - Monk enhancements
+5 - Master of Flower ED
+4 - alchemical (tenser/fabricator's bracers)
+2 - yugoloth potion (item)
+4 - insightful bonus (equipment)
+1 - exceptional bonus (equipment)
+4 - Profane bonus (Hezrou cookie)
+2 - DDO store potion (item)
=(65-10)/2 =27 modifier.

AidanRyuko
09-12-2014, 06:00 AM
no comments on the saves so I assume it's correct then. Will add this and the others soon, figuring out the context since there is no known max save required or additional uses to saves besides avoiding damage. (we do know epic Crucible needs reflex in the 90 range for 95% miss chance).

added to the list of stuff to do are: How much damage reduction do you get from blocking while you are tripped? Eventually I'll want to calc. max spell DC you can get and maximum heal and melee damage in 1hit possible.

I added two things, a small thing is the highest point in the game so far, which is in Von2, the other thing is pretty big I think, arrow distance. I tried to measure how fast arrows were going, first by shooting at the lever in house D that turns up the spikes near the trainers, I timed it like 10 times because it hits really fast, it was always at .6 seconds from the moment I clicked till impact. Because arrows stay active for 5 seconds I had the theory that I could shoot roughly 750 meters with an arrow based on the speed in house D, this worked fine untill I tested out if we could shoot stuff outside of field of view.

Went to Sands with a buddy of mine to try this out, I had a track measured out with stuff to shoot at at 100, 300, 700 meters, the first test would be for my buddy to shoot in a square area at a pillar and I would see if the arrows impacted. They didn't, little did I know you can't see eachothers arrows.. So instead my buddy kited a monster for me outside of my view and I tried to shoot it. After a few tries I managed. But I didn't know how monsters are rendered, could be that I can only shoot stuff if my buddy can see them, so I went to Vista in Vale.

First I tried to shoot at the scorpions near the bat rare, because I know they don't move a lot and they are always there. Managed to do that, then I tried a little further and aimed somewhere near the devil pit at coalescence, after a few tries I hit an Orthon so I moved over to see where it was so I could /loc the position and calculate distance, this was 978 Meters away from my shooting point! That kinda ruined my theory of arrow speed and max distance. It seems to take .6 seconds whatever the distance is, so like some people claimed you really can shoot stuff out of your own view. This is pretty awesome because technically you could kill a (mini)boss without even getting aggroed.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/aidanryu/arrowdistancecopy_zpsa42504c9.jpg

Saekee
09-12-2014, 09:52 AM
thx again awesome thread!
Could you add the attack distance of the Epic moment of shadowdancer? Also--is the unarmed distance for monks so great because of the kick animation, or is it effective on all attacks in the animation?

GameNovice
08-25-2015, 06:33 AM
Awsome thread!

FranOhmsford
01-08-2016, 05:01 AM
How has this thread not been Hall of Famed yet?

Cordovan
01-08-2016, 10:44 AM
How has this thread not been Hall of Famed yet?

The thinking as to keep it in New Player Advice and Guidance, but you raise a very good point.

CaptainSpacePony
08-04-2016, 08:30 AM
I am told that Deep Gnomes (perhaps gnomes as well) jump higher at 40 and lower. Is there any truth to this?

PsychoBlonde
08-05-2016, 01:49 AM
I am told that Deep Gnomes (perhaps gnomes as well) jump higher at 40 and lower. Is there any truth to this?

Err . . . kinda. There's some kind of weird offset on the body box for gnomes (I don't know exactly how to explain this), but when you grab a ledge it'll be almost a foot above where your toon's hands "grab", so in essence you get a little extra "reach" on a gnome.

They also swim completely submerged, like they're a little gnomish submarine.

Maquist
08-07-2016, 02:47 AM
This life, one of my guildmates has been running a bard. That got me wondering: how far away can I be and still receive the buffs when he sings?

PsychoBlonde
08-07-2016, 03:43 AM
This life, one of my guildmates has been running a bard. That got me wondering: how far away can I be and still receive the buffs when he sings?

From what I've been able to tell, if you can hear them play the music and they don't move away from you, you'll get the buff.

Maquist
08-07-2016, 01:41 PM
From what I've been able to tell, if you can hear them play the music and they don't move away from you, you'll get the buff.

I was more wondering, just how far away can you "hear" them?