PDA

View Full Version : Lr +1?

Sokól
04-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Just a little question about using a +1 lesser heart on an iconic:

Do you have to level your iconic to level 15 then use the +1 lesser heart or can you use it at level 1 and retain your xp?

PsychoBlonde
04-29-2014, 11:12 AM
Just a little question about using a +1 lesser heart on an iconic:

Do you have to level your iconic to level 15 then use the +1 lesser heart or can you use it at level 1 and retain your xp?

You need to level up first. (IIRC it won't let you LR if you have the xp to level until you actually take the level).

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to do this? Are you trying to create, like, a Bladeforged Barbarian where the first level of paladin would prevent you from taking the other 14 levels as barbarian?

BOgre
04-29-2014, 11:16 AM
Or Bard, or Druid.

If that's why, you'll have to do multiple LRs in order to make it work. If you have an LR20, You'd need to LR1 out of Pally, Change Alignment, then LRx to insert your barb/bard/druid levels. Kinda crappy, but that's how she rolls.

Sokól
04-30-2014, 05:14 AM
You need to level up first. (IIRC it won't let you LR if you have the xp to level until you actually take the level).

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to do this? Are you trying to create, like, a Bladeforged Barbarian where the first level of paladin would prevent you from taking the other 14 levels as barbarian?

nah just a pure sorc.

Xiadais
04-30-2014, 10:53 PM
nah just a pure sorc.

Then you'll only need a +1 heart--your first level is paladin, select 2-15 as sorc, then LR+1 the first level into sorc. Then you're a pure sorc. (Honestly, though, it's really good to have CHA to saves on basically any character, especially if they have high CHA due to other reasons.)

Sokól
05-05-2014, 01:49 PM
it's really good to have CHA to saves on basically any character, especially if they have high CHA due to other reasons.)

I know doing a surprisingly fun EK build right now BF 12 sorc 6 ranger 2 pally, it is even better than evasion esp. when you have 2 reconstructs :D

I just want to have Wail at level 18!

unbongwah
05-05-2014, 02:46 PM
(Honestly, though, it's really good to have CHA to saves on basically any character, especially if they have high CHA due to other reasons.)
Agreed: the huge boost to saves from Div Grace is more important than the relatively modest boost to caster DPS from staying pure, IMHO.

stoerm
05-08-2014, 02:56 AM
You have to level up first, as mentioned. I asked about it a short while ago. For the curious, my intention was to get a barbarian past life as PDK 4rog/8clr/8brb. It was my first iconic choice for stats, healing amp and past life feat.