PDA

View Full Version : Explorer area guides...

mobrien316
04-28-2014, 01:51 PM
I would love to see all explorer areas get a "guide" at the entrance, and other "guides" at each quest. When you enter the zone, you can pay 10 pp to be transported to the quest of your choice. When you exit one quest, you can pay 10 pp to be transported to the next quest. It should not be astral shards required as payment; a nominal platinum cost is more than sufficient.

For anyone who enjoys running/wandering through the various explorer areas on the way to a quest, you could still do so. For anyone who wants to do slayers/rares/explorers, they could still do so.

For anyone who prefers to run quests, instead of having to run through explorer areas fighting mobs and wasting time while the IP group you just joined is getting closer and closer to a completion, you could skip the largely pointless explorer area and get to the quest you want to run.

There's really no downside to this. I have seen a lot of newer players drop groups because they don't know how to get to a quest. Even when I send them a tell to let them know I will recall and guide them, they often feel like they are now a huge burden on the party. And I'm not a fan of some of the explorer areas myself, as I see them as just a waste of time I have to endure on my way to the quest I want to run (Restless Isles, Desert Sands, King's Forest, and the Demonweb come to mind...)

Ralmeth
04-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Even better...when you're ready to join the group, provide an option (i.e. a button like greater teleport has) that teleports you to the quest entrance from where ever you currently are. It seems to me that people would want to group more if you could save yourself time by not having to run to the quest. Just a thought.

mobrien316
04-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Even better...when you're ready to join the group, provide an option (i.e. a button like greater teleport has) that teleports you to the quest entrance from where ever you currently are. It seems to me that people would want to group more if you could save yourself time by not having to run to the quest. Just a thought.

If that was an option that would be better than what we have now, but even when soloing I would still prefer the ability to skip the (largely pointless) explorer areas and just go right to the quest.