PDA

View Full Version : Repairing my stuff

LastCrusader
04-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Why can't I use my repair skill to repair my broken stuff?
I know, thats not what it does, but I saying it should.

TrinityTurtle
04-28-2014, 07:55 AM
Why can't I use my repair skill to repair my broken stuff?
I know, thats not what it does, but I saying it should.

Because fixing a warforged is not the same thing as metalsmithing skills at all. That's like saying because you know how to fix a computer (by replacing the broken part) you can also fix a broken knife blade with the same skill set.

Wh070aa
04-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Because fixing a warforged is not the same thing as metal smiting skills at all. That's like saying because you know how to fix a computer (by replacing the broken part) you can also fix a broken knife blade with the same skill set.

Yes I can. If handle is broken, replace it. If blade is broken, replace it. Exact same skill set. War forged are made from same material as armor and weapons, and they are magic (same as items/weapons).
Would be nice if the skill was actually worth investing in. Could reduce permanent damage chance or something. Otherwise its not really worth it, unless you are WF caster. And even then its not high priority.

Its not like on spot repairs are not already available, and the cost to repair stuff is not that bad (seriously, unless you go rapid death break all mode, it costs are negated by selling gems drop random drops, and maybe a tad bit of haggle). Only time its a problem is if you have made your first life character wrong, and haven't grinded for plat a bit.

But turbine love their money. No way they are letting us use a skill for it's intended purpose (repairing stuff). Gotta pay for that.