PDA

View Full Version : New EE difficulty system

Minrothad
04-25-2014, 11:10 AM
I feel that this is a necessary change at the current state of the game to make quests more challenging and rewarding. While your character wouldn't be obligated to run harder content, it is a strong incentive to do so. I suggest using the old quest completion counter we had before the changes applied to quest XP ransack (You have repeated this adventure x times, etc.) to heighten the difficulty of each quest on Epic Elite. The difficulty rank counter would start after the 5th run of the same quest to avoid new players from getting destroyed.

For example:

· Player A runs epic elite The Crucible for the first time in this life, therefore, the quest is at difficulty rank 1 (same difficulty as what it is today), this rank would be the same for the next 4 runs of this quest.
· After some farming, Player A completes The Crucible for the fourteenth time in this life, the difficulty rank for the next time he runs this quest would be 10, this means that he can choose what rank difficulty to run the quest in from 1 to 10. (The difficulty rank tab would be in the quest entrance window)

Each time you advance a difficulty rank (always by 1 rank) in EE quests, monsters would be harder to kill and would hit harder and traps would be less stupid (this one is optional). Also, you would recieve better loot, more named loot drop chances, more XP, and maybe better rewards. Now, for grouping.

· Player A has a difficulty rank of 10 in The Crucible.
· Player B has a difficulty rank of 1 in The Crucible.
· Player A and Player B decide to run The Crucible on EE together.
· Player A and Player B can choose to run The Crucible on EE rank 1 or EE rank 10.
· Player C joins the party and his difficulty rank on The Crucible is 4.
· Now the party is able to run EE The Crucible on rank 1, 4 or 10.
· If the party completes on rank 4, Player B would advance his difficulty rank (unless it's his 1-4th run), Player A would NOT advance his difficulty rank, and Player C would advance his difficulty rank.

You can only advance in difficulty if you complete the quest on epic elite in the difficulty rank that you are in (or higher), you still get loot and XP from doing it in a lower difficulty rank but it doesn't advance your rank. Now, to avoid cheating.

· You can't advance your current difficulty rank if you are affected by late-entry XP penalties. This is to avoid "come get free rank" like lfms.
· You can't advance your current difficulty rank if your character's level is lower than the quest's epic normal CR.
· Skipping a quest from the saga list does not advance your rank.
· Window farming a quest doesn't allow you to repeat said quest in the same rank difficulty (unlikely, but would be a nice addon).

I've seen a similar system in another game that I used to play (can't remember which one exactly) and it was one of my favorite features. Think about it, thanks.

Seikojin
04-25-2014, 12:42 PM
I think a better solution would be to make normal hard and elite and epic normal, hard and elite have different maps/lengths/designs for the dungeons/quests.

This would inherently add difficulty without having to add another 0 to everything.

Minrothad
04-25-2014, 12:44 PM
I think a better solution would be to make normal hard and elite and epic normal, hard and elite have different maps/lengths/designs for the dungeons/quests.

This would inherently add difficulty without having to add another 0 to everything.

This would definitely be the best solution, but I highly doubt they will implement something like this to each quest.