PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Wednesday, April 23rd from 5:00 to 11:00 Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cordovan
04-22-2014, 09:08 AM
UPDATE: The DDO game worlds have reopened! Thanks, and we'll see you in-game!

UPDATE: Downtime has been extended until 1:00 PM Eastern. Thanks!

The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Wednesday, April 23rd from 5:00 to 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT). The forums may remain up, but players may not be able to log in. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Cordovan
04-22-2014, 09:09 AM
This is a lengthy maintenance effort; there will be no release notes.

g4b3
04-22-2014, 09:18 AM

Has there ever been release notes during maintenances?
Oh aaaand
*achooo "Titan's Fist" achoo*.

Scuse me.

Loromir
04-22-2014, 11:14 AM

OOOOHHH...maintenance "EFFORT"....does not inspire confidence.

Gratch
04-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Will your server farm be upgrading the servers used for DDO? Or just stealing some of ours for Internal Crisis: Stealer of all Turbine Resources?

Also... ALL ROLLS OF 42 on the DAILY DICE SHALL YIELD UNTO THE PLAYER SOME NUMBER OF ASTRAL SHARDS.
GO FIX IT. MAKE IT SO.

Don't make me get my towel!

Seikojin
04-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Ironically, when I went to log in today for the forums, the servers were down. I didn't think it was Wednesday. O.o

Loromir
04-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Ironically, when I went to log in today for the forums, the servers were down. I didn't think it was Wednesday. O.o

Forums seemed to go down immediately after cordovan made the announcement.

Nestroy
04-22-2014, 11:48 AM
My bets are that they stealth (bannable word - fortify) (bannable word - done by evil players) or (bannable word - done by even more evil players). Perhaps we get something against the lag, but since that does not seem game breaking or hitting Turbine directly in the (bannable words, can be found on clothing and is used to stash things), I am sure this will not even get remotely tackled at all. Always, when there is a stelth (bannable word - has to do with very warm fortifications) during "maintenance", we do not get any release notes.

But I would really wish for getting a (bannable word - very warm fortification) for the lag issues.

Have a good downtime.

Dj_Fisty
04-23-2014, 03:14 AM
If you could after the downtime, Please let us know if this is for the bad lag everyone been getting or if not, when this issue will be addressed? Thank you very much.

trevitt
04-23-2014, 03:53 AM
If you could after the downtime, Please let us know if this is for the bad lag everyone been getting or if not, when this issue will be addressed? Thank you very much.

How dare you say ddo has lag they got rid of the lantern archon to solve that problem already

Cordovan
04-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Downtime has been extended until 1:00 PM Eastern. Thanks!

Cordovan
04-23-2014, 11:35 AM
The DDO game worlds have reopened! Thanks, and we'll see you in-game!

twindaddy53
04-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Like toknow what the game is downloading!!! like this was and update to the game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

HungarianRhapsody
04-23-2014, 12:22 PM

When you say maintenance, that implies that you're going to be doing maintenance and not changing the client. I just downloaded a new client today. I'm okay with you saying that there are no release notes and it's pretty obvious what this update was for (fixing exploits), but PLEASE don't try to pass something like this off as just maintenance when you're going to put out a new client along with any maintenance that's being done.

I don't think that you were trying to lie here, but this kind of misinformation really does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

vhortex
04-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Nice to know that I was not alone that suddenly got pushed with a new client. When a new client was pushed for download, something was surely changed with the game and since this changes often caused a long extended "extra feature", I guess we deserve to know what was altered.

danotmano1998
04-23-2014, 01:08 PM

It's pretty clear your statement is not the whole truth.
Care to clue the playerbase in ?

realism
04-23-2014, 01:20 PM
They are secretly installing code to track your resources, disconnects and reconnects. They will then plan to infiltrate and seize your hamsters for forced manual labor; north korean style.

GrantAnderson
04-23-2014, 01:31 PM
It's pretty clear your statement is not the whole truth.
Care to clue the playerbase in ?
As far as I'm concerned, the kind of fixes that would be covered under no-release-notes maintenance are maintenance. There's no new content, there's no relevant modified content - from a player perspective, there should be no useful change notes.

For that reason, being rude to the community rep about it seems uncharitable.

mna
04-23-2014, 01:34 PM
They are secretly installing code to track your resources, disconnects and reconnects. They will then plan to infiltrate and seize your hamsters for forced manual labor; north korean style.

Hey, those powered toy hamsters belong to my daughter and SHE doesn't play DDO... at least not yet.

It would indeed be the RIGHT thing to do, to at least notify us when there will be updates to the client. Even if the actual contents were not to be disclosed. (I'd even say ESPECIALLY if, since if there were any patch notes that would clearly imply that there will be some changes.)

Would make it MUCH easier for those of us who are on nonpermanent or variable connections... for example, there are spots in my house where the wireless LAN is convenient and good enough for playing, but downloading takes 5 times longer than wired.

It would also be very nice if the patch size were known at that point, for estimating if switching to a faster connection is worthwhile. Like, say... looks like today's was a bit under 30 Mbytes or thereabouts?

It's not like there isn't a version check in the game - the kids usually notice that there's been some kind of a patch by running into that. (Pylotro doesn't initiate patch downloads automatically. Game just fails to start with an error about wrong client version or something like that...)

danotmano1998
04-23-2014, 01:42 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the kind of fixes that would be covered under no-release-notes maintenance are maintenance. There's no new content, there's no relevant modified content - from a player perspective, there should be no useful change notes.

For that reason, being rude to the community rep about it seems uncharitable.

There's maintenance, and there's updates.
To my eyes, outright falsehoods are uncharitable and rude.
A simple "We're fixing some system issues and some exploits with this maintenance" would have covered it nicely.

Grimlock
04-23-2014, 02:14 PM
A new client, iterations, and files does not mean maintenance on Turbine's end it means they are applying fixes they do not want made public so we will find out exactly what they did by logging in and playing.

Because of the length of time and lack of communication (surprise!!) I would agree with the above posters in that this is likely a hot fix dealing with existing exploits.

Nibor
04-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Sagas are currently disabled.

For more information, check www.ddo.com

I get this whenever I click a saga questgiver. I see no further information on www.ddo.com.

GrantAnderson
04-23-2014, 02:52 PM
There's maintenance, and there's updates.
To my eyes, outright falsehoods are uncharitable and rude.
A simple "We're fixing some system issues and some exploits with this maintenance" would have covered it nicely.
I understand what you mean, but I think that the phrase you suggest above is pretty much what I would assume of maintenance, where the number of system issues is 0 or more, and the number of exploits is 0 or more. I suppose there's no harm in making their descriptions more precise, if people interpret lack of said precision as deliberately misleading.

Maieye
04-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Anyone else having issues with the patch ? I can't seem to log in. I get 33% then failed server connections. I've tried disabling the firewall, still no joy.

Ovrad
04-23-2014, 05:01 PM
I really hate this recent communication. Don't call it maintenance if it's clearly patching something!

Of course we don't expect you to explain exploits to us, but there's no harm in mentioning one was fixed instead of lying on the purpose of the downtime...

HungarianRhapsody
04-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Were sagas turned off as part of this patch or were they turned off after the patch because it was noticed that something in the patch broke sagas in some way?

Any word on when we can have them back?