PDA

View Full Version : Questions - Buying DDO Store Name Changes

axel15810
04-11-2014, 02:57 PM
1) If a character's name is changed, is their old name immediately available for use by my other character? I want to change the name of one of my characters so it can be used for another character. Which I'm assuming will take 2 name change tomes. One to change character A's name and one to change character B's name to character A's old name.

2) Can you delete the last name of a character entirely with a store bought name change or can you only change it to something else?

Thanks.

Frogger1234
04-11-2014, 05:13 PM
1) If a character's name is changed, is their old name immediately available for use by my other character? I want to change the name of one of my characters so it can be used for another character. Which I'm assuming will take 2 name change tomes. One to change character A's name and one to change character B's name to character A's old name.2) Can you delete the last name of a character entirely with a store bought name change or can you only change it to something else?Thanks.The DDO Character Rename FAQs (http://support.turbine.com/link/portal/24001/24001/Article/46/DDO-Character-Rename-FAQs) says that you can do 1), but doesn't specifically answer 2).
After changing the name of a character, can I use the old name for a new character instantly or is there a delay?
As soon as you rename or delete a character, the name becomes immediately available for anyone to use as a character name. If you’re interested in having a character with the old character name, it’s recommended that you reserve the name as soon as possible.