PDA

View Full Version : Shoikan - A Divine Crusader Warpriest.

serthcore
04-04-2014, 04:51 PM
**** I'm in the process of redesigning the build. Stay tuned!

Melee divines have always been my favorite builds. My first toon in DDO was a battlecleric,
however i have never found a build that suited me, as i don't like clonks, and other battlepriests i've tried were more tankish/survivalist
and i wanted straight damage.
With the new divine crusader ED warpriests have gained some power, its a good start!

Important: This is an hybrid build, if you skip the melee or the casting aspect it will be weak.
Also, this build, while being solo friendly, isnt focused on soloing, it gets better in party, where it can also buff and heal others.

Key aspects of the build:
- Good single target dps: dual longswords haste and damage boosts, +60 str, gtwf, Warpriest and crusader bonuses.
- Single target stun with no save. (edit: fixed as of u23.2)
- Good spell AOE (fire) dps: Energy burst, consecration + castigation, Celestial bombardement, Hellball 400 ~ fire spellpow. (+ Archon)
- Buffs and heals that a 15+ fvs can provide, plus sacred ground. Renewal + cocoon if needed on raids.
- Decent defenses: +840 hp, +70 saves, +25 PRR, 10% Ghostly, 50% displacement (clickies), 15~dodge, Evasion.
- A bit of flavor: not a shiradi caster or a blitzing melee, this build adds some variety.
- Uber selfhealing: Sacred Ground, No remorse, Ameliorating Strike, Heal spell

The build

Human, Lawful good 15 fvs / 2 paladin / 3 Monk

STR 15
DEX 13 (need a +4 dex tome)
CON 14
INT 9
WIS 8
CHA 18 + lvl ups

Feats (in no particular order) 8 Human +2 Monk +3 epics +2 ED feats
Power attack
Weapon focus: slash
WSS
TWF
ITWF
GTWF
Icrit: Slash
Quicken
Maximize
Empower
Adept of Forms /mental toughness
Master of Forms /improved mental toughness
Hellball (ed feat at 28)
Completionist /Ruin / Epic mental toughness
Epic twf (ed feat at 26)
Sovereing host favored weapon line

Leveling order doesn't matter, but start with 1 fvs level, (starting w/ monk or paladin can lead to feat problems as you cant select meta's), also save Power attack and twf for monk extra feats, and make sure you have 15 dexterity for twf.

Skills: In order of importance: Spellcraft, UMD, heal, balance, concentration.

Enhacements:
-Human: damage boost, +1 charisma +10% healing amp, 5 AP's
-AOV: All the cores till archon, scourge, just reward, +3 saves, smiting line, +2 charisma, intense faith (28~ APs)
-WArpriest: All the cores till blur, +15 hp, divine might, +10 PRR, Favored weapon line, Smite Weakness, Ameliorating strike, +2 charisma,
Magic Backlash, divine vessel optional, (35 APs)
-Shintao: +10% offhand proc, 9 AP's

Epic Destiny: Divine Crusader

t1 Bane of Undeath (or +1 cha), Interrogation, Purge the wicked
t2: Consecration, Flames of purity
t3: Empyrean Magic, Sacred Ground
t4. No Regret, Crusade,
t5 Celestial Champion, Castigation
t6 Celestial Bombardement

Twists:
Energy burst (fire), Balanced attacks if fire inmune quests.
Soundburst/haste boost
dance of flowers
Unearthy reactions/Brace for impact (once i get epic completion)

Note: dc on soundburst will be in the high 50s/low 60s, enough for anything up to wheloon/stormhorns
(where still works against caster type mobs)

Gear idea:

Mainhand: Wyrm Longsword: Touch of flames, Wrath of flames (or purple slot), Mortal fear
or Wyrm Longsword: Touch of Shadows, Wrath of Shadows (or purple slot), Mortal fear
Offhand: Wyrm Longsword: 1st Degree burns, Dragon's edge, Mortal fear. (slot Devotion here).

Head: Dragon masque + Yellow + Colorless
Goggles: Sages spectacles + colorless
Body: Shadow dragon armor + Blue + green
Ring: Guardians Ring + yellow
RIng: Lanter Ring + colorless + green
Bracers: 30% healing amp of superior parrying
Gloves: Backstabber gloves
Belt: battleragers + green
Boots: +x stat, + seeking + slot
Trinket: Litany of the death
Cloak: Cloak of the wolf? Greensteel?

Videos/Pics/Others

Old build videos:

Break in the ice EE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J76OHo071qQ
Detour EE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkP3MuAvENg

New:

EE Lost on the swamp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80QoA0UT4WM
EE Thrill of the hunt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b9o3euEXfE

Updated!!! Solo EE WGU completion post (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/440115-Shoikan-A-Divine-Crusader-Warpriest?p=5309679&viewfull=1#post5309679)

http://i.imgur.co/sBTOMdF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/burhYKm.jpg

FAQ:

Why Charisma?
I get more from charisma than from any other stat. Every 2 points of charisma gives me: +1 Str from divine might,
+1 to epic spells dc, spellpoints, +1 saves and +1 umd.

Isn't it weak as a healer?
This build is OK for 6 man quests. If i need to be a "dedicated healer" in a raid i'll switch to exalted angel and twist renewal and cocoon,
which should give me plenty of healing.

Special thanks to Zoda for helping me improve the build

Spellburst
04-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Eh, a Divine Crusader build just a few days before it goes live, great! And with videos so we can see it in action... +1 for that!!! That's really helpful, at least for me.

I wanted to try the Divine Crusader as it went live, and this build sounds really good. Cant wait to try it. I was thinking about trying the Divine Crusader with a toon that has the same splash, but cleric instead of FvS (17 cleric / 2 paladin / 1 fighter). I just wanted to epic reincarnate for trying the Crusader destiny as soon as possible. Do you think it can work with a cleric? Any thoughts about that?

Thx for posting the build.

serthcore
04-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Eh, a Divine Crusader build just a few days before it goes live, great! And with videos so we can see it in action... +1 for that!!! That's really helpful, at least for me.

I wanted to try the Divine Crusader as it went live, and this build sounds really good. Cant wait to try it. I was thinking about trying the Divine Crusader with a toon that has the same splash, but cleric instead of FvS (17 cleric / 2 paladin / 1 fighter). I just wanted to epic reincarnate for trying the Crusader destiny as soon as possible. Do you think it can work with a cleric? Any thoughts about that?

Thx for posting the build.

Yes, in fact i was thinking about making a cleric variation.

Instead of the caster tree i would take tier 5 radiant servant though. Sadly it would lose some fire spellpower and crit, but it would still work. Thinking of 35ish Aps for radiant, 22ish on Warpriest, rest on racial and divine disciple for a bit extra spellpower.
Same class split, feats and similar stats, just taking a bit more wisdom.

PTStroth
04-06-2014, 06:42 AM
Looks pretty solid, grrrreat successss

http://imageshack.com/a/img69/822/qv3k.jpg

Zoda
04-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Looks like something my PDK bard wanted to be, but failed, definitely gonna try something like this. Well done!

EDIT:

Speaking of PDK.... what's your CHA score at? might not worth bothering with str at all (nvm... only works on swords...)
Also I think you missed to list your necklace.

What about a BF thf variant? I havea retired toon sitting on an eSOS... (and three BATTLE cleric past lives xD)

serthcore
04-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Looks like something my PDK bard wanted to be, but failed, definitely gonna try something like this. Well done!

EDIT:

Speaking of PDK.... what's your CHA score at? might not worth bothering with str at all (nvm... only works on swords...)
Also I think you missed to list your necklace.

What about a BF thf variant? I havea retired toon sitting on an eSOS... (and three BATTLE cleric past lives xD)

Thanks Zoda!

About cha: on live should be in the mid 50s, but my selfbuffed str will still be higher than cha, specially thanks to divine might.
And for the bladeforged, of course it will work, i just went helf w/ scimies for flavor and because im a twf fan and i am already tired of two handed toons spaming cleaves :)

Good catch on the necklace.. im still thinking about different gear setups, ill take suggestions here.

Ancient
04-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Great build! Thanks for sharing. It is nice to see something new doing EE level stuff.

serthcore
04-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Great build! Thanks for sharing. It is nice to see something new doing EE level stuff.

Thanks! yes, i was pleased and surprised to see it performing quite well while soloing. I think it will get better on groups, can't wait to try it on live and refine the playstile.

Cardtrick
04-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Really cool to see this in action. I have an old (old) warforged favored soul 18 / paladin 2 who I don't play much because he's currently gimpy as can be. Intended as a melee favored soul using greatswords, but he doesn't have an eSOS and other greatswords are just not good without something else to back them up. Unyielding Sentinel is not cutting it.

Anyway, I'm going to try him as a Divine Crusader to see if that makes him fun enough to play or if I should just TR him. It won't be as nice as yours, since charisma and healing amp are obviously lower on a warforged. On the other hand, going THF and choosing not to bother with the THF feats leaves the build a lot lessfeat-starved, so I can feel better about skipping the fighter level, which lets me keep Mass Heal and the 5th warpriest core to self-cast Haste, and take Overwhelming Critical. But I'm going to be about 6 points of Charisma behind you and won't have haste boost or damage boost . . . which is definitely not great. Hopefully it'll still be enough to be fun. If I like it, I'll probably wind up TRing into something a lot closer to what you put together here, which really looks like a great use of the new destiny.

Sokól
04-07-2014, 06:14 AM
I like it esp. the race everything else seems to big, to small or stubby legs...

Looks like Soundburst is going to be huge esp. if mortal fear is WAI :D

Zoda
04-07-2014, 07:13 AM
So I kept thinking about this monk splash. What do you think about going for 3 monk levels as human to get fists of light (works wonders with Magic Backlash atm I heard ^^), picking up Stance of Whirling Steel (so be centered) and go human with longswords as centering/favored weapons? If I calculated correctly, as human with 3 monk 2 pala, you get just enough feat to pick up everything you need, + master stance. So melee dps would get: deft strikes, possible dance of flower twist, mountain stance, strike of enduring, and fist of iron as a trade off for worse crit profile and haste boost. Also, you could power your nukes with All consuming Flames vs bosses/thougher trash mobs.

Enhancements could look like this:
Warpriest: 35
Henshin: 3
Shintao: 9 (deft strikes + Fist of Iron)
AoV: 28
Human: 5 (damage boost, t1 hamp, cha)

I'm really not sure if it worths going for it, but I keep hearing fairy tales of the interaction between healing curse and magic backlash, I guess I'll just have to see it for myself. Anyways, it is an option, my bet is on the fighter splash though.

I'm also considering Ruin for the non centered version with mental toughnesses in the place of feats you marked with *. Feels like this build can get pretty decent force spellpower (and crit chance on sage's cuffs probably - can be a hotswap for situations where you want to ruin).

Edit: thinking a bit more about it, I probably tr my main to the Ruin spammer version as soon as servers are up.
On the necklace slot: I have a CHA 11 of +10 to hit and probably gonna use that, but HH necklace sounds like a solid chioce (you don't have ghostly atm on your gear unless if I'm missing something, so it's especially nice). It might force me into using Treads or Wretched Twilight tho (WT sounds appealing with dragon mask btw).

serthcore
04-07-2014, 09:49 AM
So I kept thinking about this monk splash. What do you think about going for 3 monk levels as human to get fists of light (works wonders with Magic Backlash atm I heard ^^), picking up Stance of Whirling Steel (so be centered) and go human with longswords as centering/favored weapons? If I calculated correctly, as human with 3 monk 2 pala, you get just enough feat to pick up everything you need, + master stance. So melee dps would get: deft strikes, possible dance of flower twist, mountain stance, strike of enduring, and fist of iron as a trade off for worse crit profile and haste boost. Also, you could power your nukes with All consuming Flames vs bosses/thougher trash mobs.

Enhancements could look like this:
Warpriest: 35
Henshin: 3
Shintao: 9 (deft strikes + Fist of Iron)
AoV: 28
Human: 5 (damage boost, t1 hamp, cha)

I'm really not sure if it worths going for it, but I keep hearing fairy tales of the interaction between healing curse and magic backlash, I guess I'll just have to see it for myself. Anyways, it is an option, my bet is on the fighter splash though.

I'm also considering Ruin for the non centered version with mental toughnesses in the place of feats you marked with *. Feels like this build can get pretty decent force spellpower (and crit chance on sage's cuffs probably - can be a hotswap for situations where you want to ruin).

Edit: thinking a bit more about it, I probably tr my main to the Ruin spammer version as soon as servers are up.
On the necklace slot: I have a CHA 11 of +10 to hit and probably gonna use that, but HH necklace sounds like a solid chioce (you don't have ghostly atm on your gear unless if I'm missing something, so it's especially nice). It might force me into using Treads or Wretched Twilight tho (WT sounds appealing with dragon mask btw).

I was thinking about a centered variation aswell, but i'm afraid that the healing curse + magic backslash isn't WAI (ihavent heard any word from a dev yet ????). And if i didnt go for a monk splash myself is for the haste boost from fighter, i like it soo much. (i know you can twist it, but i don't have epic completionism yet and prefer to keep my twists for now.)
Going for Ruin sounds good, i think i'll try it myself!
I have ghostly on the Shadow Armor, don't think i'll use HH necklace.

Zoda
04-07-2014, 09:56 AM
I was thinking about a centered variation aswell, but i'm afraid that the healing curse + magic backslash isn't WAI (ihavent heard any word from a dev yet ????). And if i didnt go for a monk splash myself is for the haste boost from fighter, i like it soo much. (i know you can twist it, but i don't have epic completionism yet and prefer to keep my twists for now.)
Going for Ruin sounds good, i think i'll try it myself!
I have ghostly on the Shadow Armor, don't think i'll use HH necklace.

Right, ghostly on armor, guess I'll eventually have to read what can go on that thing.

Nightmanis
04-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Right, ghostly on armor, guess I'll eventually have to read what can go on that thing.

Am I missing something awesome about ruin? It doesn't seem all that great just reading it.

Sokól
04-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Regarding feats, have you thought about Precision instead of PA?

With the endgame as it is now the fort bypass and the extra to hit might just serve the build, I would even consider dropping Empower spell so you might have them both!

I have only glanced at the new ed does it feel if it could serve a TWF Paladin or does the FvS spell power matter to much to make this ed work?

serthcore
04-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Regarding feats, have you thought about Precision instead of PA?

With the endgame as it is now the fort bypass and the extra to hit might just serve the build, I would even consider dropping Empower spell so you might have them both!

I have only glanced at the new ed does it feel if it could serve a TWF Paladin or does the FvS spell power matter to much to make this ed work?

I haven't tried this destiny on a pure melee yet, i feel like it will would lose some potential, but still most of the stuff is for melee so why not.
Precision: definately a good idea, i'll keep testing the build for the next weeks and see how i end up. I would like to keep empower for divine punishment and for when i switch to exalted angel, (thinking about the SLA's)

Mast3rR0b
04-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Thank you for posting this. I have and old WF Soul Survivor that i really wanted to reincarnate into something more appealing to today's content, and your build gave me some nice suggestions.

I think mine will focus a little more on melee, since i i'm about to craft my eSoS and i want to use it ^^

i'll probably get enough pts in STR to get Overwhelming Crit, then the rest into CHA, ditching DEX

So something like this:

Human, 36pt, FvS 18/ Paladin 2

STR 17 +3tome +3lvls = OC
DEX 8 +3tome
CON 16 +4 tome +1lvl = ET
INT 11 +3 tome
WIS 8 +3tome
CHA 16 +3tome +3lvls

Toughness
PA
Cleave
Great Cleave
Maximize
IC Slash
Quicken
Empower/Empower Heal

Overwhelming Crit
Epic Toughness
Perfect TWF
Epic DR/ Empower Heal
Epic Spellpower Fire

Should end up with some less DC, but a somewhat sustainable STR of 60-70

Equip will be trickier since i'll have to include caster stuffs somewhere, but i'm sure i'll manage somehow.

Thoughts?

serthcore
04-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Thank you for posting this. I have and old WF Soul Survivor that i really wanted to reincarnate into something more appealing to today's content, and your build gave me some nice suggestions.

I think mine will focus a little more on melee, since i i'm about to craft my eSoS and i want to use it ^^

i'll probably get enough pts in STR to get Overwhelming Crit, then the rest into CHA, ditching DEX

So something like this:

Human, 36pt, FvS 18/ Paladin 2

STR 17 +3tome +3lvls = OC
DEX 8 +3tome
CON 16 +4 tome +1lvl = ET
INT 11 +3 tome
WIS 8 +3tome
CHA 16 +3tome +3lvls

Toughness
PA
Cleave
Great Cleave
Maximize
IC Slash
Quicken
Empower/Empower Heal

Overwhelming Crit
Epic Toughness
Perfect TWF
Epic DR/ Empower Heal
Epic Spellpower Fire

Should end up with some less DC, but a somewhat sustainable STR of 60-70

Equip will be trickier since i'll have to include caster stuffs somewhere, but i'm sure i'll manage somehow.

Thoughts?

Yes it looks solid, however i would go bladeforged if you have it and use reconstruct (Ok, i prefer fleshy+ healing amp, but w/e) to take advantage of the greatsword bonuses from warpriest tree, or maybe wf and investing a lot on healing amp, but i can see it working with human. Stats are a bit tight with just +3 tomes, but you can always LR or epic TR when you get +4s and +5s.

For gear: sages spectacles (for fire stuff) and lantern ring cover the casting stuff, and i usually slot devotion in a weapon or use FOT gloves.

Mast3rR0b
04-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Yes it looks solid, however i would go bladeforged if you have it and use reconstruct (Ok, i prefer fleshy+ healing amp, but w/e) to take advantage of the greatsword bonuses from warpriest tree, or maybe wf and investing a lot on healing amp, but i can see it working with human. Stats are a bit tight with just +3 tomes, but you can always LR or epic TR when you get +4s and +5s.

For gear: sages spectacles (for fire stuff) and lantern ring cover the casting stuff, and i usually slot devotion in a weapon or use FOT gloves.

Yeah, i'm quite torn about the favored weapon. BF is more damage, 7 per swing actually,10 if we count the PA enhancement, before any other modifier. Oh, and a few more hp.
Human gives me more skill points, Healing Amp, and a bonus feat.

I guess i'm not really fond of the thought of a divine toon pushing for positive sp for healing, and then relying on reconstruct to stay alive (will it be enough, without heavily investing in repair sp? I guess i can slot a Repair Ruby somewhere in a green slot, but..).

unbongwah
04-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Am I missing something awesome about ruin? It doesn't seem all that great just reading it.
Mostly that it works on anything; in particular, there are bosses who are immune or highly resistant to almost everything else.

Zoda
04-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Yeah, i'm quite torn about the favored weapon. BF is more damage, 7 per swing actually,10 if we count the PA enhancement, before any other modifier. Oh, and a few more hp.

I guess i'm not really fond of the thought of a divine toon pushing for positive sp for healing, and then relying on reconstruct to stay alive (will it be enough, without heavily investing in repair sp? I guess i can slot a Repair Ruby somewhere in a green slot, but..).

I have BF rog acrobat without any spellpower gain on enhancements and my recon hits between 630-700+ depending on what buffs I have going on (138 recon slotted on Sireth, +15 repair augemnt at some random slot). Recon is more than enough to keep yourself up, actually with the USP gain, probably gonna fullheal you.

Also if a BF build ever needs to heal a difficult raid, having the ability to efficiently heal another BF that might be tanking is potentially priceless.

You played enough with me to figure out how much SP I'll use to heal other party members. I'll use the remaining 100% to heal myself and dps. The build has a lot of SP, and crit on a Ruin is close to an inskill, and good boss dps.

serthcore
04-07-2014, 02:22 PM
For everyone that is looking for variations of this, here are the cores of the build.

-Playstile: get a bunch of mobs, soundburst + energy burst then, use consecration first if you know they wont get one shooted, move onto another group and use soundburst + celestial bombardement. When you get to a boss throw in a consecration, divine punishment, then hit on Wrath of the Righteous, haste + dmg boost and beat on him.
Note: soundburst only while leveling up to high road

-Charisma: don't fall in the trap of maxing Strength! Charisma is your most important stat, as it boosts your casting and melee damage, gives you spellpoints, umd and saves if paladin splash.

-Spellpower: get as much on fire as you can, also invest in light and positive. Force is useful if you want Ruin (this build wont be using bladebarrier).

-Melee: If you are using a favored weapon you get +5 enhacement bonus to it, which means +5 to damage and +15 implement bonus to spellpower. Sadly the only good ones are greatsword (only if you have an eSoS), and scimitars. Longswords/shortswords can work, but avoid heavy maces.
Also, haste + damage boost is very useful to take named mobs fast!

Other things to consider:

-Defenses: paladin/monk splashes, gear and enhacements. Always watch out for your saves, PRR, hit points, etc. Craft displacement clickies if possible.

-Healing capabilities: it's good to have exalted angel maxed in case you need to be a dedicated healer for a raid.

-Archon: helps a lot building stacks of purification, scourge and Empyrean favor

Choopak
04-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Interesting build, original!
Have you considered Sun Elf? (iconic) they have a lot of good enhancements light, fire base... And all the elves options...

serthcore
04-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Interesting build, original!
Have you considered Sun Elf? (iconic) they have a lot of good enhancements light, fire base... And all the elves options...

Thanks!

There's 2 problems with sun elf: bad favored weapon and not having enough AP's to get the good things (need 13 points for fey energy tap and 15+ to get light spellpower). It also loses racial dmg boost.

Seikojin
04-07-2014, 04:04 PM

After seeing some warpriest builds a few months ago, I tr'd into a twf wf tempest warpriest. Currently I hardly use them. And I plan on going to DC when I hit 20 in this life since it is a new tree that will play towards my melee cleric action. I went wf so I can dual tensers (bladeforged and scroll).

Mast3rR0b
04-08-2014, 12:19 PM
I have BF rog acrobat without any spellpower gain on enhancements and my recon hits between 630-700+ depending on what buffs I have going on (138 recon slotted on Sireth, +15 repair augemnt at some random slot). Recon is more than enough to keep yourself up, actually with the USP gain, probably gonna fullheal you.

Also if a BF build ever needs to heal a difficult raid, having the ability to efficiently heal another BF that might be tanking is potentially priceless.

I tried to simulate what i could do on my toon by testing it on my BF melee sorc. No recon ruby, average repair: SLA heals me for 300ish, and since i'm trying to push for more or less 1000hp i feel it's a bit underwhelming.

For everyone that is looking for variations of this, here are the cores of the build.

-Charisma: don't fall in the trap of maxing Strength! Charisma is your most important stat, as it boosts your casting and melee damage, gives you spellpoints, umd and saves if paladin splash.

I think it depends on what you want to focus. Ever since i returned to the game and saw the new DM, i thought CHA was a trap, since you need 4 points in it compared to 2 in STR to gain 1 dmg. Of course in your build cha is much more important, but you get the idea. In the end, it's a matter of finding the right split.

As for my hard choice, in the end it's gonna be more dps vs more survivability. Honestly, i'm for following an old saying: "a dead dps is no dps" (and the same goes for healing :P)

serthcore
04-08-2014, 12:27 PM
As for my hard choice, in the end it's gonna be more dps vs more survivability. Honestly, i'm for following an old saying: "a dead dps is no dps" (and the same goes for healing :P)

Yep, for pure melee builds with divine might i go max str, but not on this one, as i get higher energy burst and soundburst dc, and better exalted angel SLA dc's when i switch to it.

Auragas
04-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Nice build!!!! something that fits with my game play style :-), Dps, self healing nice safes, I will probably try the evasion modification.

Zoda
04-09-2014, 04:39 AM
I got my version of Divine Crusader hybrid fvs to 26 last night (15fvs3monk2pal - centered longsword user), and I feel like I have to echo Shoik here, if you go for this build, you need to do both melee and nuking, othervise you'll just be a divine with bad healing capabilities and mediocre dps. Btw the build is an absolute beast, I barely ever have to use a spell to heal myself in ee content (up to gianthold at least).

CHA vs STR feels like the WIS vs STR debate on monk, putting your levelups to str gives you what? like 3 more damage a swing vs +3 all saves, sp and DCs, no thanks.

Shoik: why do you have the same CHA as me? Based on our conversation yesterday I should have 2 points higher (completionist factored in), log on and teach me! :D

Caprice
04-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Thanks!

There's 2 problems with sun elf: bad favored weapon and not having enough AP's to get the good things (need 13 points for fey energy tap and 15+ to get light spellpower). It also loses racial dmg boost.
If only Amaunator had warhammers as the favored weapon, then Sun Elf warpriests would be a pretty solid choice (e.g. hello, Mornh (http://ddowiki.com/page/Mornh)!). However the selection of heavy maces as the deity weapon undermines them seriously since there are no good melee Heavy Maces in epic levels (and the caster ones are a bit of a mixed bag too). Even the drow weaponmasters refuse to use heavy maces (http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_14_named_items#The_House_of_Rusted_Blades), and the new Thunderforged maces (http://ddowiki.com/page/Thunder-Forged_weapons) retain the terrible base 20 x2 crit profile.

I bet a Sun Elf version with dual Phosphor (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Phosphor)s would feel pretty amazing to start, but it would be all downhill from there.

And as ever it is a shame that we can't cherry pick a specific Sovereign Host deity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Eberron#Sovereign_Host) to worship for a specific weapon (e.g. battleaxe, warhammer, qstaff) rather than be stuck with the pantheon - or for that matter one of the Dark Six (which brings in rapiers and kamas).

Ancient
04-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Btw the build is an absolute beast, I barely ever have to use a spell to heal myself in ee content (up to gianthold at least).

This build is sounding quite nice. What is your conceal/incorp/dodge numbers look like while you are going through that content.

serthcore
04-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Build updated

This build is sounding quite nice. What is your conceal/incorp/dodge numbers look like while you are going through that content.

I'm not him but i finally Lr'd to that version.
Lower than a blitzer ofc, but still nice. 25-40 PRR, 15% dodge. 10% incorp. Concealment comes from clickies.

Ancient
04-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Hmm, I'm seriously thinking about trying an elf FVS 12/Mnk 6/Pal 2 version with dragonmarks. It could use wraps for normal fighting but switch to scimitars for raids using the NoDoze +dmg approach. Now that exalted angel gets two AE heals, it might even be able to raid heal.

Mellkor
04-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Since when does CHA increase spell DC's on a FvS? Has something changed? It is (or was) WIS that determined spell DC's on a FvS. CHA only increased spell point pool.

gall
04-09-2014, 04:10 PM
I got my version of Divine Crusader hybrid fvs to 26 last night (15fvs3monk2pal - centered longsword user), and I feel like I have to echo Shoik here, if you go for this build, you need to do both melee and nuking, othervise you'll just be a divine with bad healing capabilities and mediocre dps. Btw the build is an absolute beast, I barely ever have to use a spell to heal myself in ee content (up to gianthold at least).

CHA vs STR feels like the WIS vs STR debate on monk, putting your levelups to str gives you what? like 3 more damage a swing vs +3 all saves, sp and DCs, no thanks.

Shoik: why do you have the same CHA as me? Based on our conversation yesterday I should have 2 points higher (completionist factored in), log on and teach me! :D

Quick Question Zoda, why 15/3 monk/ 2 pally. what does 3 monk give you that 2 wont. Or is it because 16 fvs wont give much either? Been gathering mats to tr my Paladin into a longsowrd crusader so im all ears for any input :)

Ancient
04-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Since when does CHA increase spell DC's on a FvS? Has something changed? It is (or was) WIS that determined spell DC's on a FvS. CHA only increased spell point pool.

Some epic destiny abilities can use CHA.

serthcore
04-09-2014, 04:32 PM

This build don't use heroic favored soul spells, just epic spells.
Energy burst, soundburst, hellball, then de exalted angel ones... all work with cha

Mellkor
04-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Nice!

Zoda
04-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Quick Question Zoda, why 15/3 monk/ 2 pally. what does 3 monk give you that 2 wont. Or is it because 16 fvs wont give much either? Been gathering mats to tr my Paladin into a longsowrd crusader so im all ears for any input :)

3 monk gives me Path of Harmonious Balance finishers and 2nd core of shintao (and option to pick 2nd core of henshin for more fire spellpower if you can afford it). 25% sp discount can be really nice for those Ruins, Bombardments and Hellballs. Also gives stun immunity buff and fightclub entry.

serthcore
04-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Energy burst, soundburst, hellball, then thee exalted angel ones... all work with cha

ninja`d

Nightmanis
04-09-2014, 05:13 PM
If only Amaunator had warhammers as the favored weapon, then Sun Elf warpriests would be a pretty solid choice (e.g. hello, Mornh (http://ddowiki.com/page/Mornh)!). However the selection of heavy maces as the deity weapon undermines them seriously since there are no good melee Heavy Maces in epic levels (and the caster ones are a bit of a mixed bag too). Even the drow weaponmasters refuse to use heavy maces (http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_14_named_items#The_House_of_Rusted_Blades), and the new Thunderforged maces (http://ddowiki.com/page/Thunder-Forged_weapons) retain the terrible base 20 x2 crit profile.

I bet a Sun Elf version with dual Phosphor (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Phosphor)s would feel pretty amazing to start, but it would be all downhill from there.

And as ever it is a shame that we can't cherry pick a specific Sovereign Host deity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Eberron#Sovereign_Host) to worship for a specific weapon (e.g. battleaxe, warhammer, qstaff) rather than be stuck with the pantheon - or for that matter one of the Dark Six (which brings in rapiers and kamas).

Wait, what? The bonuses from ML add onto Mauls, but they don't add onto Warhammer's?? Are you kidding me right now?

Cardtrick
04-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Wait, what? The bonuses from ML add onto Mauls, but they don't add onto Warhammer's?? Are you kidding me right now?

The Weapon Training bonuses in the Morninglord racial tree do add onto Warhammers.

The problems is that this build is heavily reliant on the Favored Soul Warpriest and Angel of Vengeance trees. The important weapon abilities there apply only to your deity's favorite weapon. With a favored weapon, someone maxing out Warpriest's Righteous/Wrathful weapon line and putting enough into AoV for Articles of Faith will have the following bonuses to any favored weapon they wield:

+ 5 (stacking) to its enhancement level
+ 3d4 light damage for 6 seconds after every vorpal hit
counts as a Spellcasting Implement (which does include the additional enhancement level)

Unfortunately, most of the deities have incredibly terrible weapons. Amaunator (who is the god for Morninglords, Purple Dragon Knights, and, bizarrely, Shadar-Kai) has the Heavy Mace as his favored weapon. Which is awful.
The favored weapons are:

Lord of Blades (Warforged, Bladeforged): Greatsword
Silver Flame (Any Eberron race): Longbow
Sovereign Host (Any Eberron race): Longsword
Undying Court (Elves and Half-Elves): Scimitar
Vulkoor (Drow): Shortsword
Amaunator (PDK, Morninglord, Shadar-Kai): Heavy Mace

Greatswords should be good, but if you don't have an eSOS, they're almost as bad as heavy Maces. There's nothing available at epic levels with an improved critical profile. Even a Calomel Greatsword would be a step up over most epic greatswords, but for who-knows-what reason, you can't make greatswords in the Cannith challenges. Skybreaker is terrible. Cormyrian weapons don't have red slots to put Devotion in. Longswords and shortswords are similarly poor choices, although they have some slightly better named weapon options. Longbow is obviously nice for a ranged build, but there's no synergy at all between ranged and Divine Crusader.

Scimitar is a good weapon for its solid base critical profile, meaning that the Thunderforged versions are among the better ones (since they don't get enhanced profiles). Greatsword is a bad weapon if you don't have an eSOS and a completely fantastic weapon if you do (a Bladeforged Warpriest with an eSoS has a +15 sword with a high base damage that's already 18-20x3 before Improved Critical and Celestial Champion and is also a +15 implement giving +45 stacking universal spellpower). Shortswords and longswords are kind of interesting because you can be centered with them.

serthcore
04-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Build updated, also added a new pic

Cardtrick
04-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Build updated, also added a new pic

For your current 15/3/2 centered version, did you consider going drow for shortswords instead of human? You'd have 3 points higher charisma (2 base points and 2 from racial enhancements vs. 1 from human) and an extra feat (lose human bonus feat but gain from not taking WF:Slashing and Whirling Steel Strike).

On the other hand, it would mean you'd have to spend your APs a little differently, and this build is already pretty AP-starved.

serthcore
04-09-2014, 08:22 PM
For your current 15/3/2 centered version, did you consider going drow for shortswords instead of human? You'd have 3 points higher charisma (2 base points and 2 from racial enhancements vs. 1 from human) and an extra feat (lose human bonus feat but gain from not taking WF:Slashing and Whirling Steel Strike).

On the other hand, it would mean you'd have to spend your APs a little differently, and this build is already pretty AP-starved.

Yes, but healing amp, racial damage boost, and slightly higher base dmg (6.0 1d8 vs 6.0 1d6) wins for me.
Also drows start with 32 points instead of 36, that could mean lowering con or cha, not a biggie but i'll stick with human.

Zoda
04-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Yes, but healing amp, racial damage boost, and slightly higher base dmg (6.0 1d8 vs 6.0 1d6) wins for me.
Also drows start with 32 points instead of 36, that could mean lowering con or cha, not a biggie but i'll stick with human.

Drow are also not manly enough. He forgot to add that.

Cardtrick
04-09-2014, 09:08 PM

The 32 vs 36 thing is only sort of true. Yes, drow start with 32 free points rather than 36 -- but that's because they have 4 more pre-allocated points than any other race (due to the innate +2 bonus to CHA, DEX, and INT). If you would already put at least 2 points into each of these stats, drow are essentially 36 point builds. In your case, you definitely would for CHA and DEX -- maybe not INT, although I probably would.

Definitely agree that healing amp and damage boost are major drawbacks.

Vanhooger
04-10-2014, 05:02 AM
Love this build, thnx for sharing. I'll do this one on my alt, as soon he's hitting 28 :)

Sokól
04-10-2014, 05:23 AM
Drow are also not manly enough. He forgot to add that.

Drow females are hot but Drow males look like they are close to 60 ;)

Caprice
04-10-2014, 08:59 AM
The Weapon Training bonuses in the Morninglord racial tree do add onto Warhammers.

The problems is that this build is heavily reliant on the Favored Soul Warpriest and Angel of Vengeance trees. The important weapon abilities there apply only to your deity's favorite weapon. [...] Unfortunately, most of the deities have incredibly terrible weapons. Amaunator (who is the god for Morninglords, Purple Dragon Knights, and, bizarrely, Shadar-Kai) has the Heavy Mace as his favored weapon. Which is awful.
The favored weapons are:
^- What Cardtrick said; I won't quote the whole thing for space, but +1 to the full post for its excellent explanation.

The ML racial bonuses affect all of Mauls, Warhammers, Morningstars, and Heavy and Light Maces, but the Amaunator faith bonuses only affect the Heavy Maces. IIUC you can use the ML as the basis for building a strong blunt-based TWF, targeting Mornhs at epic levels, but if so you are definitely not going to invest anything into the Warpriest "Righteous Weapons" line. You can still pick up a bunch of good abilities in Warpriest without wasting AP (much), but you lose a lot by not having access to those bonuses and the free spellpower boosts.

unbongwah
04-10-2014, 09:11 AM
The problems is that this build is heavily reliant on the Favored Soul Warpriest and Angel of Vengeance trees. The important weapon abilities there apply only to your deity's favorite weapon.
The other issue is this is a centered build; and short swords (Vulkoor) and longswords (Sovereign Host) are the only deity melee weapons that can be ki weapons without going the ftr 8 / One w/Blade route.

bennyson
04-10-2014, 09:40 AM
These are really nice builds, although I DO have a question that has been pounding in my mind for a while.

Would a Pally version work? Like 15 pal/5 fvs or 14 pal/5 fvs/ 1 ftr?

Cardtrick
04-10-2014, 09:41 AM
The other issue is this is a centered build; and short swords (Vulkoor) and longswords (Sovereign Host) are the only deity melee weapons that can be ki weapons without going the ftr 8 / One w/Blade route.

That's true, but it wasn't originally and I'm not sure if it was when I posted that. The build was originally half-elf with scimitars, but he's changed it a few times.

I think if Mornh was actually an option as a favored weapon, it would probably make sense to use it and give up on centering again.

unbongwah
04-10-2014, 09:58 AM
That seems like a radically different build: you lose the benefits from monk splash (Evasion, feats, centered stances, light buffs) and higher FvS lvls (better spells, core enhs like Archon, etc.) for...what, exactly? Zeal is nice, but it's not nicer than everything else this build gets.

Zoda
04-10-2014, 10:25 AM
These are really nice builds, although I DO have a question that has been pounding in my mind for a while.

12 fvs is mandatory in my opinion for this kind of build, without the archon, you wouldn't be able to fuel your Scourge and Empyrian Magic charges, and if you try to spam spells, you obviously can't melee.

If you want a more melee focused version, my suggestion is 13 fvs 6 monk 1 rog or 12 fvs 6 rog 2 monk henshin/acrobat with their respective trees instead of warpriest. That is btw something I was considering before ultimately going for the longsword version. The upside for those is that your weapon of choice is Sireth, so you don't need to farm those thunderforged weapons.

Loriac
04-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see why you can't approach this destiny from a mainly melee perspective (i.e. no need for fvs levels). The only real damage dealer you miss out on maximising is consecration, and that mainly because of the spellpower difference between melee centric and caster centric builds. I discount the joke that is celestial bombardment at tier 6, both because it looks rubbish and because you're better off spending the 2 points saved there on the tier 5 abilities if you're melee.

Purely from a theorycrafting approach (my main is currently relevelling back to epic, so I can't try this destiny out properly til I hit 20 again) you lose the ability to blitz of course, but you gain a lot of healing capability (which isn't reliant on empower healing as much as cocoon purely going by the text on the wiki) along with a much better critical enhancement in celestial champion (sireth becomes 11-20!). Twist in lay waste and momentum swing, and you have a +5w cleave that is critting at 11-20x4 on sireth (i.e. a profile that delivers 250% expected weapon damage).

Obviously a blitzer is higher dps than the divine crusader, but this ED is much more group friendly. If your class levels give you the 'basics' from a melee perspective (strong weapon damage, full oc line + twf/thf chain, haste boost, decent protection) but you're not really a tactics build, then the divine crusader abilities are very complementary. The other great thing about DC seems to be the BAB = character level, which is especially good for e.g. rogue heavy dps builds.

korsat
04-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Good job with build shoi! I like the monk version more. Can you detail the pros and cons of going cleric instead of fvs? You know... :)

Cleric ofc goes with wis main stat and cha will "only" be in the high 30-low 40. To me this means lower saves but on the other side I gain the ability to stun since i'll still use wraps. I aspect t3 antipode single target dps to be higher than longswords even without stun, not sure though.

serthcore
04-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see why you can't approach this destiny from a mainly melee perspective (i.e. no need for fvs levels). The only real damage dealer you miss out on maximising is consecration, and that mainly because of the spellpower difference between melee centric and caster centric builds. I discount the joke that is celestial bombardment at tier 6, both because it looks rubbish and because you're better off spending the 2 points saved there on the tier 5 abilities if you're melee.

Purely from a theorycrafting approach (my main is currently relevelling back to epic, so I can't try this destiny out properly til I hit 20 again) you lose the ability to blitz of course, but you gain a lot of healing capability (which isn't reliant on empower healing as much as cocoon purely going by the text on the wiki) along with a much better critical enhancement in celestial champion (sireth becomes 11-20!). Twist in lay waste and momentum swing, and you have a +5w cleave that is critting at 11-20x4 on sireth (i.e. a profile that delivers 250% expected weapon damage).

Obviously a blitzer is higher dps than the divine crusader, but this ED is much more group friendly. If your class levels give you the 'basics' from a melee perspective (strong weapon damage, full oc line + twf/thf chain, haste boost, decent protection) but you're not really a tactics build, then the divine crusader abilities are very complementary. The other great thing about DC seems to be the BAB = character level, which is especially good for e.g. rogue heavy dps builds.

Well, his point was about that the hybridness aspect (adding energy burst and others) is much much better with a 12 lvls favored soul base. A paladin or any other melee class in this destiny of course is going to be decent, but not much if you try to fit epic spells.

My celestial bombardement hits for 500 each tick on AOE (non helpless, can crit). Maybe its not awesome, but to deal with trash using energy burst + bombardement + (if needed) hellball gets it done.

serthcore
04-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Good job with build shoi! I like the monk version more. Can you detail the pros and cons of going cleric instead of fvs? You know... :)

Cleric ofc goes with wis main stat and cha will "only" be in the high 30-low 40. To me this means lower saves but on the other side I gain the ability to stun since i'll still use wraps. I aspect t3 antipode single target dps to be higher than longswords even without stun, not sure though.

Thanks Korsat :)
The main difference is the casting aspect here, and it comes when comparing AoV tree with the other cleric trees. AoV adds +8% fire, light and untyped crit, +3 caster level to your spells, and 28ish spellpower, scourge, (an extra +30 spellpower), just reward and the archon! (which is critical to build scourge/empyrean favor charges).
On the cleric variation first you have to choose if going radiant servant or divine disciple first. Then if you choose divine disciple you gain less than from AoV, some spellpower, less crits, and some SLA's that aren't very useful for a build like this one.

Edit: going for wraps instead of favored weapons make you lose +5 enhacement bonus, which also means +15 implement spellpower.

Zoda
04-10-2014, 01:46 PM
I gain the ability to stun since i'll still use wraps. I aspect t3 antipode single target dps to be higher than longswords even without stun, not sure though.

Celestial Champion is not working on wraps.

Panzermeyer
04-11-2014, 10:01 AM
This looks like a great build.

I am curious however about the 15 Fvs and 3 monk. Why that split rather than a 16/2 split?

Panzermeyer
04-11-2014, 10:03 AM
-Melee: If you are using a favored weapon you get +5 enhacement bonus to it, which means +5 to damage and +15 implement bonus to spellpower. Sadly the only good ones are greatsword (only if you have an eSoS), and scimitars. Longswords/shortswords can work, but avoid heavy maces.

Does this mean you don't bother going center?

unbongwah
04-11-2014, 10:25 AM
I am curious however about the 15 Fvs and 3 monk. Why that split rather than a 16/2 split?
Monk 3 gets him Fists of Light: good for buffs & free heals, ofc, but it also causes Magic Backlash from Warpriest to proc (see Akuma (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/435008-The-Akuma)).

Cardtrick
04-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Monk 3 gets him Fists of Light: good for buffs & free heals, ofc, but it also causes Magic Backlash from Warpriest to proc (see Akuma (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/435008-The-Akuma)).

I really wish I knew whether this was working as intended. It's so awesome, and yet . . . so sketchy. If it was intentional, I would expect an Unyielding Sentinel in the Vigor of Battle stance to have the same synergy, but I've never noticed it when running my melee favored soul in Sentinel. The only guys getting knocked down are spellcasters.

serthcore
04-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Does this mean you don't bother going center?

First version was uncentered with scimitars, the one i'm using now uses longswords and i'm centered.

Sokól
04-11-2014, 10:53 AM
First version was uncentered with scimitars, the one i'm using now uses longswords and i'm centered.

A bit expensive making new weapons I expect esp. if 1 or 2 of the scimitars were tier 3!

serthcore
04-11-2014, 11:01 AM
A bit expensive making new weapons I expect esp. if 1 or 2 of the scimitars were tier 3!

Hehe, on live my scimitars are both tier 1, i thought it was better not to upgrade them till i finished the build. Now i'm working on the longswords.
Btw, those weapons are very helpful to this build since the melee dps can't compete to a blitzer melee :)

serthcore
04-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Updated! went back in with better gear, epic past lives, pwk/pws scrolls and hezrou/toven cookies. Used 6 pots to make it faster (didnt wanna get fleshed to stone). Also finally learned how to approach endfight.
End boss pwstun me, then got murdered by a couple assassins .

http://i.imgur.com/bMkSIK5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XKhsdR7.jpg

Rys
04-13-2014, 09:14 AM
Very nice build! And good job on soloing WGU :)

serthcore
04-13-2014, 09:51 AM
Very nice build! And good job on soloing WGU :)

Thanks!!

ps. I have uploaded 2 new vids

bennyson
04-13-2014, 04:50 PM
I managed to solo EE WGU, it was much more difficult than when i did as a kensei/dreadnought (and longer!)

So...

Does this mean your first build (FvS17/2pally/1ftr) was actually better than the centered version?

serthcore
04-13-2014, 06:24 PM
So...

Does this mean your first build (FvS17/2pally/1ftr) was actually better than the centered version?

No, i was talking about my last life as a BF centered kensei/monk, sorry not to make it clear.

gall
04-18-2014, 09:55 AM
If one doesnt have access to shadowfell and cant get sage's spectacles where else do you recommend getting combustion from? would it hurt melee really badly to make the tier 1 of your off hand thunderforged longsword Dwarvencraft combustion? Or are there other items that could give Good combustion im not informed about?

Cardtrick
04-18-2014, 10:31 AM
If one doesnt have access to shadowfell and cant get sage's spectacles where else do you recommend getting combustion from? would it hurt melee really badly to make the tier 1 of your off hand thunderforged longsword Dwarvencraft combustion? Or are there other items that could give Good combustion im not informed about?

My feeling is that you'd be better off just slotting a Combustion augment in one of the swords' orange slots. Either way, you're losing the fire lore unless you were to use the third tier of your thunder-forged weapon for that, which would be really painful. I guess you could wear the Epic Cloak of the Flames to get the lore (challenges can be played using free daily tokens), or use a Cannith-crafted trinket, but it's pretty costly to waste your cloak or trinket slot on that.

I don't really think losing fire lore is the end of the world, though. I would just use the augment and call it good enough.

Caprice
04-18-2014, 12:25 PM
[....]but it's pretty costly to waste your cloak or trinket slot on that.
This build has a lot of Fire damage available and fire spell crits give temporary SP through Just Reward, so it seems a shame not to invest in fire crit too. I would go with the Cannith Fire cloak as the easier choice to cover both, although the spellpower side is fairly anemic compared to other sources. The OP suggests the cloak as a GS slot or for the Estar Challenge USP cloak, so unless you have something compelling you want there that you can't get elsewhere (e.g. it's hard to beat the Jewelled Cloak in some content) then using the Cannith cloak and using the empty goggle slot for a GS item would work. OTOH without Shadowfell one doesn't have access to quite a few of the OP's layout of items so you'll have a lot of slots to work with.

The trinket is a good idea too. IMO the Litany is not an absolute must-have. It does provides a unique bonus, but I wouldn't call it so significant that sacrificing it for more fire damage (through crits) & more free temp SP is a bad choice.

There are also various robes that offer fire caster benefits, e.g. Frostflame (w/crit only) & Regalia of the Phoenix in heroics, and Epic Red Dragonscale (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Red_Dragonscale_Robe) in epics, but those have yet lower spellpower and crit amounts.

serthcore
04-18-2014, 01:22 PM

What Cardtrick and Caprice said.
Another option would be blue dragon set for universal +6% (or +9%) crit and 80 spellpower (plus the extra +15 artifact sp). I did this when going from 25 to 28 as i was using two oathblades (no slot on it) and no goggles and lantern ring. Loses quite a lot of casting power but its workable.

Zoda
04-18-2014, 09:21 PM
I just finished setting up my gear on my version today, figured I post it for reference.

Helm: Dragon Masque (+250 SP, +8 CON slotted)
Goggles: Sages Spectacles (Vitality slotted + resistance ritual)
Trinket: Litany of the Dead
Armor: Shadowscale Robe (+16 prr, +2 good luck slotted)
Bracer: Sage's Cuffs (swap to 20% hamp of sup parrying very rarely, I like my ruins)
Gloves: Purple Dragon Gauntlets
Boots: Goatskin Boots +8 dex (+40 false life, globe slotted)
Necklace: +11 CHA, +10 to hit random gen
Belt: +10 STR, +11 seeker random gen
Ring1: Seal of House Avithoul (+7 WIS version)
Ring2: Lantern Ring (+8 saves +2 ins CHA clotted)
Cloak: GS hit point item

Weapons: 2x thundercraft longsword, one with extra purple slot on 2nd tier: impulse 138, devotion 138, +15 spellcraft, +15 heal and Meridian Fragment slotted

Very happy with this setup for now, and not planning any changes until new content is released. The seeker on belt could be changed to dodge, as I'm missing it from gear atm, but I like dps more, and I don't have survivability issues. Buffed CHA with +4 tome is at 56, buffed STR with +5 tome at 60 (no tenser, no completionst), CHA will have to be adjusted if I get a +5 tome.

serthcore
04-18-2014, 10:53 PM
I just finished setting up my gear on my version today, figured I post it for reference.

Helm: Dragon Masque (+250 SP, +8 CON slotted)
Goggles: Sages Spectacles (Vitality slotted + resistance ritual)
Trinket: Litany of the Dead
Armor: Shadowscale Robe (+16 prr, +2 good luck slotted)
Bracer: Sage's Cuffs (swap to 20% hamp of sup parrying very rarely, I like my ruins)
Gloves: Purple Dragon Gauntlets
Boots: Goatskin Boots +8 dex (+40 false life, globe slotted)
Necklace: +11 CHA, +10 to hit random gen
Belt: +10 STR, +11 seeker random gen
Ring1: Seal of House Avithoul (+7 WIS version)
Ring2: Lantern Ring (+8 saves +2 ins CHA clotted)
Cloak: GS hit point item

Weapons: 2x thundercraft longsword, one with extra purple slot on 2nd tier: impulse 138, devotion 138, +15 spellcraft, +15 heal and Meridian Fragment slotted

Very happy with this setup for now, and not planning any changes until new content is released. The seeker on belt could be changed to dodge, as I'm missing it from gear atm, but I like dps more, and I don't have survivability issues. Buffed CHA with +4 tome is at 56, buffed STR with +5 tome at 60 (no tenser, no completionst), CHA will have to be adjusted if I get a +5 tome.

Looks solid! what about iron cloak of the wolf? bit extra seeker and dodge, could use it when you dont need the hp

Zoda
04-18-2014, 10:55 PM
Looks solid! what about iron cloak of the wolf? bit extra seeker and dodge, could use it when you dont need the hp

It's on my hotbar, can't remember ever clicking it haha

Cetus
04-19-2014, 10:17 AM
noobs

- just go 18 str/ 18 con / 12 dex with a +5 dex tome (this gains you 3 strength, make up the con with some primal past lives)

- Drop those superior parrying bracers, your saves are high enough - and get dumathions bracers

- now you drop ring and get like a strength 10/11 ring of something. (this gains you 2-3 more strength, looks like you only had strength 8 equipped via guardians ring)

- Cloak - Drop greensteel, get exceptional seeker cloak (MOAR DPS)

- Forget Lantern ring, you're a fire/ruin/melee guy, get a charisma 10/11 of something ring, this is another 2 or 3 it seems, I don't see any high charisma item except maybe your boots.

- Drop boots, and get EE goatskins w/ fort +115% and two slots = win.

Twists:

Energy Burst
Dance of Flowers
Momentum Swing
Soundburst SLA

Not having momentum swing on a melee is a crime

Now die

PS - Oh, and if you drop TWF, weapon focus, and ruin - then you can get point blank shot/rapid shot/weapon spec ranged/bow strength/manyshot (problem fitting in IC:ranged, but its a start) =D

Wheres your necklace? That might be a good accuracy stole necklace, which frees up your charisma ring I suggested earlier for avithoul maybe, and then put on nether grasps for another strength and seeker

serthcore
04-19-2014, 11:15 AM
noobs

- just go 18 str/ 18 con / 12 dex with a +5 dex tome (this gains you 3 strength, make up the con with some primal past lives)

- Drop those superior parrying bracers, your saves are high enough - and get dumathions bracers

- now you drop ring and get like a strength 10/11 ring of something. (this gains you 2-3 more strength, looks like you only had strength 8 equipped via guardians ring)

- Cloak - Drop greensteel, get exceptional seeker cloak (MOAR DPS)

- Forget Lantern ring, you're a fire/ruin/melee guy, get a charisma 10/11 of something ring, this is another 2 or 3 it seems, I don't see any high charisma item except maybe your boots.

- Drop boots, and get EE goatskins w/ fort +115% and two slots = win.

Twists:

Energy Burst
Dance of Flowers
Momentum Swing
Soundburst SLA

Not having momentum swing on a melee is a crime

Now die

PS - Oh, and if you drop TWF, weapon focus, and ruin - then you can get point blank shot/rapid shot/weapon spec ranged/bow strength/manyshot (problem fitting in IC:ranged, but its a start) =D

Wheres your necklace? That might be a good accuracy stole necklace, which frees up your charisma ring I suggested earlier for avithoul maybe, and then put on nether grasps for another strength and seeker

Lol You don't like twf do you? :P
I'm not dropping lantern ring: more numbers in screen = good (even if they are low!!!1)
About gear, i'm still working on it, thanks for all the ideas you are giving :) (because i will just go the opposite)

Cetus
04-19-2014, 11:18 AM
I'm not dropping lantern ring: more numbers in screen = good (even if they are low!!!1)
About gear, i'm still working on it, thanks for all the ideas you are giving :) (because i will just go the opposite)

terrible!

Zoda
04-19-2014, 11:20 AM
noobs

You need to learn a 3rd class lol.

Here is a better time on that ee WGU:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/440963-E-E-WGU-solo-crusader-warpriest?p=5315165#post5315165

Cetus
04-19-2014, 11:26 AM
You need to learn a 3rd class lol.

Here is a better time on that ee WGU:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/440963-E-E-WGU-solo-crusader-warpriest?p=5315165#post5315165

lol

bard?

Zoda
04-19-2014, 11:51 AM
lol

bard?

Gonna be hard to get Cetuss that completionist now that Booyakasha is guildless xD

Cetus
04-19-2014, 11:57 AM
Gonna be hard to get Cetuss that completionist now that Booyakasha is guildless xD

Its boooyakasha

get it right!

And change your location, the court of lailat stinks

xTethx
04-19-2014, 12:12 PM

He's stuck in 2011 with thf and sorcs. J/k :)

I <3 Cetus

Cetus
04-19-2014, 12:33 PM
He's stuck in 2011 with thf and sorcs. J/k :)

I <3 Cetus

THF eldritch knight fire savant divine crusader

oh boy, I think the shoikan build killer is in sight

serthcore
04-19-2014, 12:40 PM

Maybe, this ED has lots of potential with hybrids that include some fire dmg :)

Zoda
04-19-2014, 12:44 PM

Are you just trying to fuse your sorc and fighter? What's that gonna be? Cetussz? :D

I'm doing a drood version next on my caster.

Cetus
04-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Are you just trying to fuse your sorc and fighter? What's that gonna be? Cetussz? :D.

Lol!

14 sorc/2 fighter/2 monk/2 pally

Enigma2t4
04-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Mainhand: Wyrm Longsword: Touch of flames, Wrath of flames (or purple slot), Mortal fear
or Wyrm Longsword: Touch of Shadows, Wrath of Shadows (or purple slot), Mortal fear
Offhand: Wyrm Longsword: 1st Degree burns, Dragon's edge, Mortal fear. (slot Devotion here).

I see that you made longswords but won't they uncenter you or am i missing something?

serthcore
04-19-2014, 05:37 PM

I see that you made longswords but won't they uncenter you or am i missing something?

Whirling Steel Strike feat: You treat longswords as if they were monk weapons, remaining centered when you wield them.

tsteigner
04-20-2014, 07:01 AM
tryed to come up with a Dark-Elf variant :) (using shortswords instead of longswords) since i personally dont like to play humans ^^

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.20.02
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Level 28 Lawful Good Drow Female
(2 Paladin \ 3 Monk \ 15 Favored Soul \ 8 Epic)
Hit Points: 411
Spell Points: 2470
BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
Fortitude: 32
Reflex: 30
Will: 26

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 28)
Strength 15 20
Dexterity 15 20
Constitution 13 18
Intelligence 11 16
Wisdom 8 13
Charisma 18 35

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Strength used at level 2
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 2
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 2
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 2
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 2
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 2
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 10
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 10
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 10
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 10
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 10
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 10
+4 Tome of Strength used at level 15
+4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 15
+4 Tome of Constitution used at level 15
+4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 15
+4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 15
+4 Tome of Charisma used at level 15
+5 Tome of Strength used at level 18
+5 Tome of Dexterity used at level 18
+5 Tome of Constitution used at level 18
+5 Tome of Intelligence used at level 18
+5 Tome of Wisdom used at level 18
+5 Tome of Charisma used at level 18

Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 28)
Balance 2 24
Bluff 4 20
Concentration 5 22
Diplomacy 4 20
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 4 20
Heal -1 25
Hide 2 13
Intimidate 4 20
Jump 2 13
Listen -1 11
Move Silently 2 13
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 11
Search 0 13
Spellcraft 4 33
Spot -1 11
Swim 2 13
Tumble n/a 14
Use Magic Device n/a 31

Level 1 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Concentration (+4)
Skill: Spellcraft (+4)
Feat: (Deity) Follower of Vulkoor
Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Favored Soul
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Paladin

Level 2 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Heal (+1)
Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Smite Foe (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Righteous Weapons (Rank 1)

Level 3 (Monk)
Skill: Balance (+3)
Skill: Concentration (+1)
Skill: Tumble (+1)
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Power Attack
Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 3)

Level 4 (Favored Soul)
Ability Raise: CHA
Skill: Concentration (+2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Resilience of Battle (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 1)

Level 5 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+0.5)
Enhancement: Drow - Spell Resistance (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Drow - Xen'drik Weapon Training (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 2)

Level 6 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Adept of Forms
Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Fire
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Smite Weakness (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 1)

Level 7 (Monk)
Skill: Balance (+4)
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Charisma (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Ninja Training (Rank 1)

Level 8 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Spellcraft (+2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Sanctuary (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Font of Power (Rank 1)

Level 9 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Ameliorating Strike (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Smiting (Rank 1)

Level 10 (Favored Soul)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 3)

Level 11 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Heal (+2)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 2)

Level 12 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Cold
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Shield of Condemnation (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Aura of Menace (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 1)

Level 13 (Favored Soul)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Bastion of Purity (Rank 1)

Level 14 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - War Domain: Blur (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wrathful Weapons (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 3)

Level 15 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+1.5)
Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Articles of Faith (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Charisma (Rank 1)

Level 16 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Summon Archon (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Animus (Rank 1)

Level 17 (Paladin)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+2)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 2)

Level 18 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting
Feat: (Monk Path) Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 3)

Level 19 (Favored Soul)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 2)

Level 20 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Heal (+4)
Enhancement: Drow - Drow Charisma (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Drow - Xen'drik Weapon Training (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Magic Backlash (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Protection from Tainted Creatures (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 3)

Level 21 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Master of Forms

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Grandmaster of Forms

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Blinding Speed

Level 28 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Hellball

Elf variant ^^ here i'm not sure if it would be better to take gTWF or Empower :)

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.20.02
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Level 27 Lawful Good Elf Female
(2 Paladin \ 3 Monk \ 15 Favored Soul \ 7 Epic)
Hit Points: 397
Spell Points: 2289
BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
Fortitude: 31
Reflex: 29
Will: 25

Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(36 Point) (Level 1) (Level 27)
Strength 15 20
Dexterity 14 20
Constitution 13 18
Intelligence 11 16
Wisdom 8 13
Charisma 17 32

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Strength used at level 2
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 2
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 2
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 2
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 2
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 2
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 6
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 6
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 6
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 6
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 6
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 6
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 10
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 10
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 10
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 10
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 10
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 10
+4 Tome of Strength used at level 15
+4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 15
+4 Tome of Constitution used at level 15
+4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 15
+4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 15
+4 Tome of Charisma used at level 15
+5 Tome of Strength used at level 18
+5 Tome of Dexterity used at level 18
+5 Tome of Constitution used at level 18
+5 Tome of Intelligence used at level 18
+5 Tome of Wisdom used at level 18
+5 Tome of Charisma used at level 18

Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 27)
Balance 2 19
Bluff 3 18
Concentration 5 20
Diplomacy 3 18
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 3 18
Heal -1 29
Hide 2 12
Intimidate 3 18
Jump 2 12
Listen -1 10
Move Silently 2 12
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 10
Search 0 12
Spellcraft 4 32
Spot -1 10
Swim 2 12
Tumble n/a 13
Use Magic Device n/a 29

Level 1 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Concentration (+4)
Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Sovereign Host
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Favored Soul
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack
Spell (1): Divine Favor
Spell (1): Nightshield

Level 2 (Favored Soul)
Spell (1): Cure Light Wounds
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Smite Foe (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 1)

Level 3 (Monk)
Skill: Tumble (+1)
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Whirling Steel Strike
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 3)

Level 4 (Monk)
Skill: Balance (+3)
Skill: Concentration (+2)
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting
Enhancement: Elf - Elven Accuracy (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Elf - Aerenal Weapon Training (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 1)

Level 5 (Favored Soul)
Spell (1): Protection from Evil
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Resilience of Battle (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 2)

Level 6 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
Spell (2): Cure Moderate Wounds
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Smite Weakness (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 1)

Level 7 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Fire
Spell (2): Aid
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Font of Power (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 1)

Level 8 (Favored Soul)
Spell (3): Searing Light
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Sanctuary (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 2)

Level 9 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell
Spell (2): Eagle's Splendor
Spell (3): Magic Circle Against Evil
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Ameliorating Strike (Rank 1)

Level 10 (Favored Soul)
Spell (4): Restoration
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Shield of Condemnation (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Articles of Faith (Rank 1)

Level 11 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Heal (+3)
Spell (2): Soundburst
Spell (3): Water Breathing
Spell (4): Panacea
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Aura of Menace (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 1)

Level 12 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Heal (+3)
Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Cold
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
Spell (5): Divine Punishment

Level 13 (Favored Soul)
Spell (3): Summon Monster III
Spell (4): Freedom of Movement
Spell (5): Protection from Elements
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 3)

Level 14 (Favored Soul)
Spell (6): Blade Barrier
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - War Domain: Blur (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Summon Archon (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Wand and Scroll Mastery (Rank 1)

Level 15 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Spell (4): Recitation
Spell (5): Stalwart Pact
Spell (6): Heal
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wrathful Weapons (Rank 1)

Level 16 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 1)

Level 17 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 3)

Level 18 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Spellcraft (+3)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting
Spell (7): Destruction
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Bastion of Purity (Rank 1)

Level 19 (Monk)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+3.5)
Feat: (Monk Path) Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 2)

Level 20 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+2)
Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Acid
Spell (5): Spell Resistance
Spell (6): Cometfall
Spell (7): Resurrection
Enhancement: Elf - Elven Dexterity (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Elf - Aerenal Weapon Training (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Magic Backlash (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Magic Backlash (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Protection from Tainted Creatures (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 3)

Level 21 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Adept of Forms

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Master of Forms

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Grandmaster of Forms

serthcore
04-20-2014, 09:36 AM
builds

[/code]

Both look good, specially the drow one.
I would drop grandmaster stances on both, and switch blinding speed for ruin in the drow variant. The main reason for upgrading stances is for master earth, that gives you +1 crit multi in 19-20 rolls, you can stop there.
Also i would try to go for max cha in the drow variant.. maybe going 14/14/12/10/8/20.

korsat
04-23-2014, 01:52 AM
Hey man actually away from home and cannot play but still thinking on the build... What about 12fvs/6monk/2pal? Less sp and spells (just 1x lvl6) but gain 1 feat and free adept of forms, 2%dodge more and, most important, shadow veil. Lvl 12 is the minimum For Archon which is needed for the build as zoda says.

Which are the pros/cons in your opinion? Ofc more feats means room for mental thoughnesses and higher crit chance.

Thanks ^^

Loriac
04-23-2014, 02:52 AM
Hey man actually away from home and cannot play but still thinking on the build... What about 12fvs/6monk/2pal? Less sp and spells (just 1x lvl6) but gain 1 feat and free adept of forms, 2%dodge more and, most important, shadow veil. Lvl 12 is the minimum For Archon which is needed for the build as zoda says.

Which are the pros/cons in your opinion? Ofc more feats means room for mental thoughnesses and higher crit chance.

Thanks ^^

I put up a 12FVS/6Monk/2Pal build a few days ago (Link: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/440791-Sam-Human-12FVS-6Monk-2Pal ). It was coming at the divine crusader ED from the other direction to the build in this thread, in that I wanted a primary melee that could use the ED, with decent spell support. This thread inspired me to switch away from the Rogue heavy stick fighter I'd been building up (13Rog/4Pal/3Ranger), and to consider FVS as the 'base' class to provide more synergy with divine crusader.

My take on it is that 6Monk allows you to use sticks instead of swords if you go deep in the mystic tree (+1crit mult/range on a sireth makes it a top-end weapon), and you simply rejig the feats accordingly. AP is very tight though, due to the requirement that you get staff specialisation going down this route. You'd lose out on the upper part of the warpriest tree vs. the build in this thread, meaning no ameliorating strike and no magical backlash (however, conversely, the warpriest tree is less interesting for a staff user as thats not a favored weapon for any selectable patron diety).

I'm coming up to being able to TR my guy into the 12FVS/6Monk/2Pal build, and will update any significant issues / findings I have from actually running the guy. On paper, I think you lose a chunk of melee dps vs. fully dedicated staff builds (such as the aforementioned 13Rog/x/y types) but you gain very good light nuking capability, self-healing/limited party-healing capability, and a very good synergy with the divine crusader and exalted angel destinies if you're tired of playing LD all the time. My experience of playing my current stick life through most content on elite at level is that you actually get more dps than you need on a Rogue stick build (but survivability is a problem sometimes) so I'm comfortable losing a bit of dps on the Monk only version to see how well the FVS base adds to survivability and fun.

Zoda
04-23-2014, 12:20 PM

Thanks ^^

The build has no survivability issues whatsoever, stretching AP for Shadow Veil would just unnecessarily decrease offensive capabilities imo. I can see 13 fvs 6 monk 1 rog working fine as henshin, and it is a good alternative, if you have no access to double mortal fear longswords (I may eventually try that on Zodinn after I'm done with my exams). Sacrificing any offense for defense on a build like this just sounds counter-intuitive to me, you have the means to outheal almost anything in the game aside from one-shot kills or cc effects.

serthcore
04-23-2014, 09:16 PM
The build has no survivability issues whatsoever, stretching AP for Shadow Veil would just unnecessarily decrease offensive capabilities imo. I can see 13 fvs 6 monk 1 rog working fine as henshin, and it is a good alternative, if you have no access to double mortal fear longswords (I may eventually try that on Zodinn after I'm done with my exams). Sacrificing any offense for defense on a build like this just sounds counter-intuitive to me, you have the means to outheal almost anything in the game aside from one-shot kills or cc effects.

Exactly, defenses are good enough already, and theres no room fro shadowveil APwise. i only had problems surviving in that solo ee wgu run, but after going in again a few more times with other toons i just noticed that i was doing some things wrong (poor endfight mechanics knowledge huh).

korsat
04-25-2014, 05:19 AM
Thanks guys, I made the math and shadow veil is really hard to fit in (not impossible though if I renunce to some healing amplification and spell crit chance).

Said that which other benefits 15 fvs lvls gives you vs 12? 6 monk makes room For triple mental thoughness and 3% crit chance more. Any important spell loss?

The staff ruote looks cool, but not having tier 5 warpriest mmmm well it's something to try anyways.

serthcore
04-25-2014, 02:43 PM
Thanks guys, I made the math and shadow veil is really hard to fit in (not impossible though if I renunce to some healing amplification and spell crit chance).

Said that which other benefits 15 fvs lvls gives you vs 12? 6 monk makes room For triple mental thoughness and 3% crit chance more. Any important spell loss?

The staff ruote looks cool, but not having tier 5 warpriest mmmm well it's something to try anyways.

Yep, it can work aswell, lose mass cure mod/resurrection for +2% crit chance (on a completionism build) and spellpoints remain the same (100 ish less on the 12 lvls variation i think). So go for it if you like P:

BigErkyKid
05-02-2014, 07:22 AM
I am looking closely at this build, thanks for pointing it out the other day :)

I was wondering how it would work as a THF. I am aware you lose centered, but you could go for the OC line to partially compensate (for the X1 critical). Together with cleave, great cleave, momentum I think it also compensates the loss of dance of flowers too, more than enough.

You lose the damage enhancements from the warpriest tree, but I don t know how big of a deal that would be.

Why do that anyway?

Well, I don't think the THF line would be more feat intensive and even though you might not go for THF feats per se, I think that the combination fo cleave, great cleave and momentum could bring melee damage up.

What do you guys think?

Caprice
05-02-2014, 08:30 AM
I was wondering how it would work as a THF. I am aware you lose centered, but you could go for the OC line to partially compensate (for the X1 critical). Together with cleave, great cleave, momentum I think it also compensates the loss of dance of flowers too, more than enough.
You lose the damage enhancements from the warpriest tree, but I don t know how big of a deal that would be.
Why do that anyway?
Well, I don't think the THF line would be more feat intensive and even though you might not go for THF feats per se, I think that the combination fo cleave, great cleave and momentum could bring melee damage up.
What do you guys think?
You are "down" one feat for needing to add OC but that's not a big deal, and having the 2 Cleaves would be quite nice, but I think it's a net loss. Master Earth stance already grants the equivalent of OC, and gives extra PRR, CON, and AC on top of it, and being uncentered costs you that bonus. The +5 extra enhancement bonus to Longswords from the WP tree is not just +5 to hit and damage, but also +15 universal spell power. You also lose the Monk special attacks, such as Fists of Light for proc'ing Backlash or the elemental ones for adding DPS. You do have the option to start instances/shrines as centered, lay out some Monk buffs (esp. the SP cost reduction one while buffing), and then switch to the greatsword for fighting, but you wouldn't be able to do that mid combat and thus couldn't do something like keeping up the group anti-stun buff for the fights where that is really helpful.

I'm sure that you can make it work, but that's more of a loss than I would want. If I were doing it I would almost certainly go with WF/BF instead of Human to retain the WP bonuses and think hard about whether or not the Monk levels are worth keeping (see Cardtrick's Bladed Crusader (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/440475-Bladed-Crusader-(Bladeforged-Fvs-18-Pal-2))). You might also be better off in LD rather than DC, although both have merits.

Sokól
05-02-2014, 08:38 AM

Why do that anyway?

What do you guys think?

On a THF I would either use a Sireth or go 17 fvs 2 pally 1 fighter BF with a Greatsword.

Loriac
05-02-2014, 01:38 PM

Why do that anyway?

What do you guys think?

This is pretty much what the 12fvs/6monk/2pal version brings to the table with sireth - I put up a build for this a few days ago, and have started levelling it up to see how it performs. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/440791-Sam-Human-12FVS-6Monk-2Pal

Funnily enough, now that I've crunched the numbers, I think that the 12fvs/6monk/2pal may well be the highest possible melee dps you can get with a favored soul whilst still retaining good saves (a 12fvs/6monk/2rogue would be top melee dps if using sireth but it loses about 20 saves across the board which is too great a loss, and I can't think of any other fvs centric build that would beat this, as the only contender might be 12fvs/8ftr using eSoS but then you don't have any monk levels for stances).

Caprice
05-02-2014, 04:26 PM
WTB Follower of Aureon (http://eberronunlimited.wikidot.com/gods) (one of the Sovereign Host) or Follower of any of Angharradh (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Angharradh), Talos (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Talos), or Gruumsh One-Eye (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Gruumsh) from the Forgotten Realms.

*cough* Because it totally wouldn't be ridiculously good having QStaff as a favored weapon to pair with Monk levels.

... please? ;-)

Zoda
05-02-2014, 09:35 PM
TWF is way more powerful on this build for multiple reasons:

- Ameliorating Strikes proc from offhand attacks (and doublestrike), turning it into an AOE fullhal with no cast animation

- you don't have to take cleaves and momentum swing just to make your weapon choice somewhat more viable

- twf with thunderforged > thf, unless maybe if you are a blitzer, mortal fear ftw

- thf forces you into one of two things: BF - greatsword (bad healamp - takes away tonnes of synergies from the build, no magic backlash combo, not centered), fleshie - staff (this way you either give up on magic backlash combo, or just use a bad crit profile weapon OR sireth wich means no mortal fear and that kind of kills it for this build, also without acrobat tier 1, staves are just meh)

- cleaves are not required/neccessary or even really beneficial to this build if you play it correctly (magic backlash combo), for AOE dps it has access to way stronger abilities (bombardment + burst is enough to kill a group of mobs even in ee SH on mine), if you just want to keep spamming your cleaves, stay in blitz

Yes thf can work, I have a guildy playing one, and he is doing okay on it, but even he admits that the TWF version (which he has 2 of atm ^^) is way more powerful. For people who just want to play strongest version and are willing to do the grind for double mortal fear: just go with the original. Sireth is a nice 2nd option until you get the swords (or even wraps, I was using wraps until I got my swords, and I did have a fully upgraded sireth left over from my acrobat lives). The PDK challange longswords are pretty decent if you are planning to level/grind with longswords.

Loriac
05-03-2014, 03:28 AM
I completely agree that ameliorating strike is much better with the twf option, and is a very powerful reason to go twf with this type of build.

On the other points that give the twf'r melee power, I think its only fair to state that both mortal fear and the magical backlash + fists of light combo may not be things to plan around long-term.

Mortal fear is a very nice ability, but I think a lot of people have concerns that turbine will nerf this at some point based on history of similar fun but powerful abilities. Hopefully turbine won't nerf this to oblivion based on the work people are putting in to get these weapons, but unfortunately the trend is not your friend on this one.

Magical backlash + fists of light simply looks broken. I don't think anyone is currently claiming with a straight face that this is an intended usage of the ability, instead we're all in agreement that it looks great and is fun to use now but when the inevitable fix happens, I doubt anyone will seriously petition turbine on the basis that the fix is 'unfair'.

I got the impression that the original version(s) of the build in this thread aren't really centred on the magical backlash + FOL combo, and that the build retains its powerful mix of spellcasting / melee even without that. My only point of contention is that the 2twf mix optimises for spellcasting over melee capability, and that you can build a stronger 2hf melee version but this will result in the loss of healing from ameliorating strike and leave you weaker in spellcasting ability (but this is a fair trade off, and one that should be evaluated when deciding which style to build for).

BigErkyKid
05-03-2014, 04:41 AM
First of all, thanks for the answers.

I do think that, mortal fear aside, pure raw damage with THF remains higher when combined with cleaves+momentum. However, it is a very fair point that there are plenty of losses from going that route, thanks for pointing them out. To be absolutely honest, the reason why I am considering THF is because I don-t particularly like to copy builds :P. If I play one, I like to add my own touch.

The key elements of this build, for me, are:

1. High saves: common to any paladin splash, but even better in a build that relies on CHA for DCs. The synergy DM and CHA has long been explored already.

2. AOE damage: burst + bombardment. I am seeing a fair number of builds using energy burst, DC seems ideal because it adds you spell power while not crippling you for melee.

3. Self healing

5. Decent melee: which is a matter of high enough STR, gear and DC has some nice additions to it.

Now if I were to modify this build some how, I could see either adding some more spell casting, then one may want to go to a Ghostriker build, or adding more melee damage. The only possible way I see to add more melee damage is going THF. Self healing shouldn-t suffer too much, since the way I see it is based a lot around the magic circle...

But let me say that this build for me, is the very clever realization that there is no uber melee outside of blitz. End of, there is no chance for it. FOTW does provide some nice melee damage, but it is not steamrolling in your face I will pawn the whole quest kind of damage.

So a melee that wants to pawn has to turn to magic.

1. Energy burst + now and then bombardment for trash.
2. Divine punishment for bosses.

This is brilliant. Melee damage is not based on class that much in epics, so you do just fine with gear and a few select melee abilities. What you give up on the damage side by not going FOTW is more than compensated by these two abilities and the synergy they create with DC.

Enough ranting, congratz on the build and let-s see if I find a twicth that allows me to play it with a bit of dignity :P

Zoda
05-03-2014, 08:49 AM
I disagree on that Mortal Fear will be / should be nerfed, I think it was their way to present an alternative to blitz ,at least that's how I've seen it, and made my build with it in mind. When I made my crusader a centered longsword splash, Shoik was still a helf with scimitars wearing medium armor - ofc we consulted in length in game.

Magic Backlash + FOL, is probably a combo devs were not thinking about when they made the new enhancements, but I don't think it is far off from other abilities in terms of power level, especially when you consider the huge limitations/investment it puts to your build (be centered, go tier5 in an otherwise barely mediocre tree, locks at least 8 class levels, with 5 of those levels being awful for a traditional melee).

I've been blitzing ever since u14 on my main, and it's refreshing to finally play something different, but if they change/nerf any key aspects of my build (instead of stuff that IS really gamebreaking), I'll just smiply tr back to some boring blitzer, at least I'll be able to compete for speed records again in more than a handful quests :). Then again, I don't forsee any changes on these things anywhere in the near future, and I can't care less about how devs meant it be.

I also disagree on that TWF is only better dps than THF because of mortal fear procs, the chip damage you get from thundercraft weapons (5/10d6 fire, and 8d8 force plus 17 SA damage) pushes it over THF with TWF attackspeed and huge doublestrike chance imo (24% mainhand ds, 10% offhand ds, 90% offhand proc chance, plus Zeal of the Righteous clicky when available on my toon atm). Your front number on THF is simply not high enough, like on a kensai. I'm not saying that it's not viable, actually I've seen it in game for myself that it's completely e/e viable, I'm just saying that I don't see how it is higher dps even if we take MF procs out of the equasion (and I don't see why should we do that anyway).

Loriac
05-03-2014, 09:22 AM
I hope you're right on mortal fear, and that it remains as-is rather than get nerfed. My main concern is that whoever designed it either didn't do any mathematical modelling of the dps it brings, or didn't care that it was much more powerful than other abilities.

For example, on a 5,000hp mob, mortal fear provides an average of 62.5hp per hit. On a 10,000hp mob, mortal fear provides an average of 125hp per hit. And as mob hp goes higher, the effective damage per hit scales linearly. [these numbers are calculated based on the chance of proc'ing being uniformly distributed across the mob's hp, giving essentially 25% of the total hp of the mob as the expected value of damage done per proc. Its a very simplified calculation however, as it doesn't account for two procs on the same mob before the mob is dead, which is probably still reasonable given current levels of dps in the game].

This is clearly unbalanced, even if whoever's in charge of game design hasn't fully realised it yet. When you compare it to vorpal, which once enjoyed similar power levels as mortal fear, the current vorpal version actually becomes less powerful with increasing mob hp, and tends asymptotically to 5 damage per hit as mob hp tends to infinity.

However, I'll leave it there as this isn't really the thread for a discussion on mortal fear.

On the point about thunderforged thf vs. twf, I don't think you've allowed for the fact that a staff specialized quarterstaff is a 19-20x3 base weapon, which is still better than the longswords 19-20x2 (and objectively, is one of the better crit profiles you can get, as its effectively a two-handed khopesh). The DC crit range extension further widens the gap between quarterstaff and longsword, as you end up with 15-20x3 for the thunderforged qs vs. 15-20x2 for the longsword. Then, whilst you are correct that the twf has more hits on a single target, glancing blows can proc weapon effects meaning that this is unlikely to be an advantage for twf overall beyond the already known twf is better vs. single target, thf is better vs. crowds. Staves can also get huge doublestrike increases - the Zeus build runs around with 70% or so, but even without heavy investment you can end up with 40-60% sustained average over time.

Ultimately, I think the 2handed 12fvs/6monk/2pal is a very solid build choice, which has a different focus to the build in this thread. In some ways I'm arguing a strawman here however as the build given in this thread, with 15Fvs levels, doesn't work as a good THF damage build. In that sense, I fully support the contention that this specific build cannot be as effective as a THF; however, the related 12Fvs build does work but changes things enough that you're not really using the same playstyle.

Zoda
05-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Comparing MF to vorpal is just wrong... The grind required to get a single one of these things is just horrendous, I mean, if I do 20+ completions of Deathwyrm, I want a weapon that can cut God. It's not like it just comes on any random gen.

Also your dps calculation assumes that you first hit proc it, which is so far from the truth, that your numbers are not representative whatsoever.

We are just made used to that the only factor that defines a weapon's DPS is it's crit profile, which was wrong, and killed diversity (see the over half decade long rule of eSOS). Last time I played a THF blitzer, I was critting for up to 12k+ after a stunning blow, before that I blitzed on a monk, and had 7k+ crits after stun, when you compare a MF proc to that, it is not at all out of the lines. Remember how Lightning Strike used to be before all this power creep started: 600 dmg, 900 on helpless, and an uber horc eSOS barb's top crit numbers were around 1500-1600. Ofc you can make your comparison to the numbers of that S&B sentinel pure paladin we all know so very well, but what's the point then?

serthcore
05-03-2014, 10:27 AM
I think (at least for me) that twf is more practical to this build for most of the reasons written above. Ameliorating strike, mortal fear, vulnerable debuff (from both warprpiest and wyrm longswords), fol, being centered, etc.
And:
-Haste boost, do you guys take this into consideration when running the numbers? because most of the time im meleeing i use the double boost (unless quest is too long...). If it's still less dps than THF, Okay.
-Mortal fear: yes, i use it, i love it. If they nerf them to the point of making this build unplayable, ill just TR out of this build. Same with fists of light.
Right NOW mortal fear is working and not bugged, so planning to use it is not a bad idea.
-Single target dps: i use spells for trash, not having cleaves to hit a bunch of mobs is not thaaaat needed.
-Procs: fire/negative/augments dmg, they proc more on twf. And gets purge the wicked faster and celestial fervor

So dps may be lower, but on practice i still prefer to stick to this one.
You cant match the dps of a blitzer, so going for procs/special effects is helpful!

Loriac
05-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Also your dps calculation assumes that you first hit proc it, which is so far from the truth, that your numbers are not representative whatsoever.

No they don't. 5000hp mob, assume that you have a uniform distribution of procs over its hp range. On average, you'll proc when its at 2500hp assuming no burst dps being applied. (The full justification for this is, assume 100,000 hits; on average, you'd expect 5,000 procs over that many hits, and if uniformly distributed over the mob's hp, you have 1 proc per hit point value. The mean hp value when a proc occurs is therefore approximately 50% of the mob's hp. The proc itself takes off half of that, or 25% on average. Divide by 20 and you get expected damage per hit of 1.25% of a mob's starting hp, which fully scales with the mob's starting hp).

The proc will take 1250hp off the mob. This is a 1/20 hit occurrence, and 1250/20 = 62.5hp.

If I assumed first hit proc, it would double the expected damage to 125hp.

As to the rest, like I say I don't particularly want to get into a discussion of mortal fear in this build thread especially because the shoikan build doesn't seem in any way reliant on mortal fear beyond the fact that it provides the best choice of dps for it at the current time.

enkka1
05-04-2014, 06:35 AM
Bladeforged 16/2/2

Can farm all circles with easy. Blitz, divine crusader, draconic or fury. Need +5s in stats or atleast in strenght for overwhelming crit.

lvl ups in charisma

power attack, cleaves, maximise, empower, quicken, imp crit slash, stunning blow (at lvl1)

If doing melee past life (blitz or fury) take empower at 24 and overwhelming crit at 21 . If caster other way around. High umd, can selfbuff anything needede and its basicly impossible to die. Really fast zerging with energyburst that preps mobs for blitz or as a more caster oriented wipes most things in EH zerg. No annoying jumping around as a pewpew or trouble with end bosses. Str at 60s more if want to have tenser running all the time and easily to 70s if needed so can stun anything with gear. Of course not best toon for EEs but I highly recommend for as a past life farming build.

Spellburst
05-05-2014, 05:10 PM
By the way, Serthcore, can you post the original build? Maybe it's not optimum, but I'd like to take a look at it. I can't find it in the forums. Thx in advance.

serthcore
05-06-2014, 07:27 AM
By the way, Serthcore, can you post the original build? Maybe it's not optimum, but I'd like to take a look at it. I can't find it in the forums. Thx in advance.

Here it is

The build

Half Elf, Lawful good 17 fvs / 2 paladin / 1 fighter

STR 14
DEX 13 (need a +4 dex tome)
CON 16 (need a +5 tome if epic toughness, can drop this to 14 if you don't want it)
INT 10
WIS 8
CHA 17 + lvl ups

Feats (in no particular order) 7 helf +1 fighter +3 epics +2 ED feats
Power attack
Helf: dilettante: Fighter (+1 dmg) or Rogue (+1d6 sneak dmg, +2 sneak att)
TWF
ITWF
GTWF
Quicken
Maximize
Empower
*Toughness (ed feat at 26)
*Epic Toughness
*Completionism
*Empower heal
Epic twf (ed feat at 28)
Undying court feats line

*Not crucial for the build, can take mental toughness line or other feats as desired.

Leveling order doesn't matter, but start with 1 fvs level, (starting w/ fighter can lead to feat problems as you cant select meta's)

Skills: In order of importance: Spellcraft, UMD, heal, balance, concentration.

Enhacements:
-Helf: damage boost, +1 charisma, +10% healing amp (10ish APs)
-AOV: All the cores till archon, scourge, just reward, +3 saves, smiting line, +2 charisma, intense faith (28~ APs)
-Warpriest: All the cores till blur, +15 hp, divine might, +10 PRR, Favored weapon line, Smite Weakness, Ameliorating strike, +2 charisma,
Magic Backlash, divine vessel optional, (35 APs)
-Kensei: Haste boost, +3 boosts.

Epic Destiny: Divine Crusader

t1 Bane of Undeath (or +1 cha), Interrogation, Purge the wicked
t2: Consecration, Flames of purity
t3: Empyrean Magic, Sacred Ground
t4. No Regret, Crusade,
t5 Celestial Champion, Castigation
t6 Celestial Bombardement

Twists:
Energy burst (fire), Balanced attacks if fire inmune quest.
Soundburst/Grim precision/sheathe/others
Brace for impact
Unearthy reactions

Full_Bleed
05-16-2014, 06:29 PM
Whirling Steel Strike feat: You treat longswords as if they were monk weapons, remaining centered when you wield them.

You mention that Power Attack and TWF should be taken with Monk levels in the OP. But WSS would also need to be taken with a Monk level, correct?

Is there a suggested Feat and Leveling Order with this build?

korsat
05-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Feats (in no particular order) 8 Human +2 Monk +3 epics +2 ED feats
Power attack
Weapon focus: slash
WSS
TWF
ITWF
GTWF
Quicken
Maximize
Empower
Adept of Forms /mental toughness
Master of Forms /improved mental toughness
Hellball (ed feat at 28)
Completionist /Ruin / Epic mental toughness
Epic twf (ed feat at 26)
Sovereing host favored weapon line

Why do you need weapon focus on this build? am I missing some prerequisite?

EDIT: forgot WSS :p NUUUB

tsteigner
05-17-2014, 07:54 AM
Why do you need weapon focus on this build? am I missing some prerequisite?

EDIT: forgot WSS :p NUUUB

Whirling Steel Strike

Usage: Passive
Prerequisite:
Weapon Focus: Slashing
Monk Level 1
one of following;
Proficiency: Longswords, Favored by the Sovereign Host, or Half-Elf race with Fighter dilettante.

serthcore
05-17-2014, 08:48 AM
You mention that Power Attack and TWF should be taken with Monk levels in the OP. But WSS would also need to be taken with a Monk level, correct?

Is there a suggested Feat and Leveling Order with this build?

WSS Requires having a monk level, but it doesnt require taking it as a monk extra feat, you can take it as a regular one.
I mentioned taking PA and twf as monk feats because they dont have prerequisites like WSS has weapon focus, so less chance at screwing it.

Feats and leveling order depends on your gear/focus on the low/mid lvls. I had some good handwraps from previous lives so i took 2 monk lvls early and left the 3rd monk and 2 palli after getting bladebarrier.

Maelodic
05-25-2014, 12:53 AM
I'm looking at a variant of this, but it's really important for me to keep the wings because fricken wings man. It'd be full melee with CHA base but would you recommend any of these variants? Either way, how would you build this fleshy with wings and a focus on melee?

I'd like to keep with the spirit of the Favored Weapon/Implement Bonus thing.

Drow Shortsword Melee with OC
17 FvS/2 Pal/1 Monk (Dance of Flowers/Master Earth Stance/10% Offhand)

16 STR +4 Tome +3 Levels = OC
14 DEX +3 Tome = iTWF
14 CON
12 INT
8 WIS
16 CHA +4 Levels

7 Heroic
3 Epic
2 Destiny
1 Monk

Monk: Power Attack
Heroic: TWF Line, Cleave/Great Cleave, Adept of Forms, Imp. Critical: Pierce
Epic: Quicken, Overwhelming Critical, Master of Forms
Destiny: Epic TWF, Elusive Target

Scimmy Displacement Elf
17 FvS/2 Pal/1 Monk (Feat)

14 DEX +3 Tome = gTWF
14 CON
10 INT
8 WIS
16 CHA +Levels

7 Heroic
3 Epic
2 Destiny
1 Monk

Monk: TWF
Heroic: iTWF/gTWF, Imp. Critical: Slashing, Power Attack, Dragonmark, Cleave, Great Cleave
Epic: Quicken, Extend, Overwhelming Critical

Other variants played around with half elf for pally dilly- but +5 to saves is considerably less than +15 and quite a big AP investment.

serthcore
05-29-2014, 06:54 AM
I'm looking at a variant of this, but it's really important for me to keep the wings because fricken wings man. It'd be full melee with CHA base but would you recommend any of these variants? Either way, how would you build this fleshy with wings and a focus on melee?

I'd like to keep with the spirit of the Favored Weapon/Implement Bonus thing.

Drow Shortsword Melee with OC
17 FvS/2 Pal/1 Monk (Dance of Flowers/Master Earth Stance/10% Offhand)

14 DEX +3 Tome = iTWF
14 CON
12 INT
8 WIS
16 CHA +4 Levels

7 Heroic
3 Epic
2 Destiny
1 Monk

Monk: Power Attack
Heroic: TWF Line, Cleave/Great Cleave, Adept of Forms, Imp. Critical: Pierce
Epic: Quicken, Overwhelming Critical, Master of Forms

Scimmy Displacement Elf
17 FvS/2 Pal/1 Monk (Feat)

14 DEX +3 Tome = gTWF
14 CON
10 INT
8 WIS
16 CHA +Levels

7 Heroic
3 Epic
2 Destiny
1 Monk

Monk: TWF
Heroic: iTWF/gTWF, Imp. Critical: Slashing, Power Attack, Dragonmark, Cleave, Great Cleave
Epic: Quicken, Extend, Overwhelming Critical

Other variants played around with half elf for pally dilly- but +5 to saves is considerably less than +15 and quite a big AP investment.

On the first build i would just skip paladin levels and lose the saves. Fol + Backslash is worth having 3 monk lvls.
On the second one just switch monk lvl for fighter (you are not centered, so haste boost from fighter is gonna be more useful than what monk gives), or take the original build 17/2/1 i posted above and switch race.
I'm not sold on wasting 3 feats for overwhelming critical but if you like it go for it

Tpetrzelka
09-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Energy burst, soundburst, hellball, then de exalted angel ones... all work with cha

Hey Serthcore. I may have missed this somewhere in the previous threads, but what spells do you use with this build if not the FvS spells? Any at all? Or is it that you focus on Heals and Buffs? I have a lvl 27 FvS that I am considering switching to this build.

serthcore
09-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Hey Serthcore. I may have missed this somewhere in the previous threads, but what spells do you use with this build if not the FvS spells? Any at all? Or is it that you focus on Heals and Buffs? I have a lvl 27 FvS that I am considering switching to this build.

My fvs spell list is mostly about buffs and heals yes, the offensive ones come from epic destinies.

pazzerello89
08-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Hi, first at all, nice build. But i've a question: it work well in heroic life??

serthcore
08-05-2015, 01:06 PM
Hi, first at all, nice build. But i've a question: it work well in heroic life??

Hey, thank you, but this build was nerfed and it's been outdated for over a year, and no, it's very bad on heroics.
It was designed to be good after level 20, and a beast at 28.
If you just want favored soul past life take fighter levels, max str and use two handed weapons, or splash a few bard levels and go swashbuckler, or pure evoker (or just look out there for other builds, there are a lot of ideas)

pazzerello89
08-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Ok thanks, I was considering to spalsh it with 3 liv pala in sacred defence stance and 2 fighter for some utility and feats on thf