PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Server Downtime: 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) Monday, April 7th

Cordovan
04-04-2014, 02:11 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened! Thanks, and we'll see you in-game!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, April 7th from 7:00 - 10:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Nédime
04-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Something starting with Crystal and ending with Cove ?

yar ?

Cordovan
04-04-2014, 02:47 PM
This is for the release of Update 21 Patch 1.

bennyson
04-04-2014, 02:53 PM

WHAT?!

You mean the patch where the Divine Sphere gets a major epic overhaul?!

I've been keeping a close eye on Divine Crusader and I still don't see an Epic Moment for the destiny.

Is DC even ready yet?

Coldin
04-04-2014, 03:52 PM
WHAT?!

You mean the patch where the Divine Sphere gets a major epic overhaul?!

I've been keeping a close eye on Divine Crusader and I still don't see an Epic Moment for the destiny.

Is DC even ready yet?

The epic moment for DC is "Zeal" or "Wrath". Whatever they ended up calling it. :)

Krelar
04-04-2014, 04:02 PM
The epic moment for DC is "Zeal" or "Wrath". Whatever they ended up calling it. :)

That's an autogrant at level 5 now, not a tier 6 epic moment like other epic destinies get.

die
04-04-2014, 04:08 PM
I know Lamm Land has had multiple paths so far. Will this patch have the Akami fix? I uninstalled DDO after the last Mod came out. Would like to re-install and play.

Satyriasys
04-04-2014, 04:11 PM
I know Lamm Land has had multiple paths so far. Will this patch have the Akami fix? I uninstalled DDO after the last Mod came out. Would like to re-install and play.

It does. A matter of fact I do not have Akamai installed on my computer and I just updated Lammania to the latest version. You may have to uninstal Akamai after updating but you should be ok then.

die
04-04-2014, 04:24 PM
It does. A matter of fact I do not have Akamai installed on my computer and I just updated Lammania to the latest version. You may have to uninstal Akamai after updating but you should be ok then.

Thanks man. I heard you will have it to re-install but after you can un-install it. cool THanks for the update

bennyson
04-04-2014, 04:38 PM

That thing is a level 5 autogrant, not an epic moment.

That's an autogrant at level 5 now, not a tier 6 epic moment like other epic destinies get.

Exactly

bennyson
04-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Lets see here, Monday is three days away and that is the day where DC comes out to play...I hope a lot of you guys are hard-at-work with making an epic moment for this destiny within such a *very* short time period.

Nestroy
04-05-2014, 05:03 AM
Hear ye, hear ye!

Now, this is a good news. Especially with the Akamai ****. Anything big changes to the last Lam patch notes?

Nédime
04-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Lets see here, Monday is three days away and that is the day where DC comes out to play...I hope a lot of you guys are hard-at-work with making an epic moment for this destiny within such a *very* short time period.

Or what ? You gonna cancel your sub ?

bennyson
04-05-2014, 12:27 PM

No, I will be, however, surprised to see this a Momentless destiny...which is kinda sad really...

Crell_1
04-05-2014, 01:02 PM

Any chance this includes the Akamai changes we all asked for? Especially the 'dont have to leave Netsession installed' bit?

Nestroy
04-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Any chance this includes the Akamai changes we all asked for? Especially the 'dont have to leave Netsession installed' bit?

According to the Lam notes, yes. Hopefully this gets life.

fmalfeas
04-05-2014, 01:26 PM
No, I will be, however, surprised to see this a Momentless destiny...which is kinda sad really...

The whole thing is a moment. Once you've got it fully developed, you can literally stand there and watch everything around you die. 100k hp non-red? Yeah, it's gonna take 1k every 3 seconds without you lifting a finger. You could probably even be invis and have that aura do its thing. And it's not like every destiny has something like Fury and LD do. Really, who actually uses the Sentinal moment, or the Draconic moment?

Nédime
04-05-2014, 02:53 PM
And it's not like every destiny has something like Fury and LD do. Really, who actually uses the Sentinal moment, or the Draconic moment?

This.

FullMetalAlchemist
04-06-2014, 07:59 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, April 7th from 7:00 - 10:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
Will this UD21 patch 1 fix any of the freeze/lockup/booting issues currently being expeirenced by many players when in public areas or trying to enter a wilderness/quest/public areas?
Or the massive amount of lag on Wayfider server ,that by all rights, should have the LEAST lag of any server in the game due to its very low population?

Nhennan
04-06-2014, 08:38 PM
.... Really, who actually uses the Sentinal moment, or the Draconic moment?

Ahhhmmmm, I do. I find it really helpful on occasions in raids when Lay on Hands (from the US ED, not the paladin ability) or Rejuvenating Cocoon, just isn't going to be enough and hps are starting to get a little low. Particularly if I'm tanking the fat dragon in Fire in Thunder Peak on EH - yeah, yeah, you are probably meant to kite it, but he can stand with it for a while when it is buffed (as long as someone keeps the trash off me).

I guess I probably wouldn't need the moment if my self healing was better, but he's a first life straight fighter, so he is 'gimped' in some players' eyes.

Nestroy
04-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Will this UD21 patch 1 fix any of the freeze/lockup/booting issues currently being expeirenced by many players when in public areas or trying to enter a wilderness/quest/public areas?
Or the massive amount of lag on Wayfider server ,that by all rights, should have the LEAST lag of any server in the game due to its very low population?

Either Wayfinder got the eldest server or this is due to having virtual servers where you pay for the load generated and Wayfinder havng a too big a population *cough* for the bandwidth and load they pay for :). Would like to know though, what they pay for with Wayfinder ;).

Pala-forged
04-07-2014, 05:27 AM
Will you actually be surprised? Or just disappointed?

How dare he hope the Turbine actually release a finished product for a change... Seriously, are you content to receive half finished updates, classes and ED's?

Hiponic
04-07-2014, 05:54 AM
All this stuff would be cool.. but how about the lag issues in the new content... Haunted halls is just rough.. awesome quest tho!

DC_Nightfire
04-07-2014, 06:12 AM
All this stuff would be cool.. but how about the lag issues in the new content... Haunted halls is just rough.. awesome quest tho!

This!

I have yet to be in a full party that didn't lag wipe in Thunder Peak! You get 2 groups of skellies and a spawn of bats and we all lock up while they beat the snot out of us.

I do really like the area, I wish they would just tone down the spawns or whatever so the system doesn't get overwhelmed.

*edit: I changed haunted halls to thunder peak (my bad)

PaddyMaxson
04-07-2014, 06:13 AM

You know you can just uninstall akamai and launch the game with DDO ML right?

Hiponic
04-07-2014, 06:18 AM
This!

I have yet to be in a full party that didn't lag wipe in Haunted Halls! You get 2 groups of skellies and a spawn of bats and we all lock up while they beat the snot out of us.

I do really like the area, I wish they would just tone down the spawns or whatever so the system doesn't get overwhelmed.

yea ive ran it once so far... and barley made it out..Had to summon a repair shop int he hall befor dragon cause so many deaths in group. but the lag was just incredible... Couldnt do anything but drop blade barriers and hop around hoping i didnt die.. you couldnt aim.. NO CHANCE of getting a accurate Rune arm blast off... and heal your self....pleeeeease not befor you swarmed by lag and mobs.

and lets fix that rare thing in thunderholme.. Killed a rare today by my self...... yea im proud ima arti that was alot of work!... anyways didnt get any ingots.. was real disapointed.

Nathan691
04-07-2014, 06:58 AM
Shouldn't server downtime be done by now?

Can't upload the new patch, DDO Launcher keeps saying "server connection timed out"

fmalfeas
04-07-2014, 07:00 AM
It just started an hour ago. 2 hours to go. It's currently 8am Eastern.

Nestroy
04-07-2014, 07:04 AM
Just to start the rants... (Actually, somebody has to - just kidding, Cordovan!)

+ Release notes? (Thank you!)
+ *mumble, mumble, rant!* (I could not guess of more ranting at the moment, but I herewith place a safe bet that on 10 a.m. EST the forum here will fill up with the fans on when the servers go online again ^^.)

Nathan691
04-07-2014, 07:13 AM
It just started an hour ago. 2 hours to go. It's currently 8am Eastern.

darn, guess i don't get the time converting thing

Flavilandile
04-07-2014, 07:27 AM
darn, guess i don't get the time converting thing

You will be able to crunch the cards after the update... you just won't be able to roll the dice for new ones.

Cordovan
04-07-2014, 07:56 AM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-21-patch-1-release-notes) are published.

Nédime
04-07-2014, 07:56 AM
How dare he hope the Turbine actually release a finished product for a change... Seriously, are you content to receive half finished updates, classes and ED's?

Well first, epic moment isn't mandatory for an ED to be efficient or to contain some helpful twist. Draconic is very powerful but its epic moment is ... wait there is an epic moment in draconic ? Oh yes there is.

And the way he asks is way too aggressive, just read his 3 first comments. His tone is what I answer with sarcasm, no what he asks for.

macadope
04-07-2014, 08:10 AM
I'm not seeing anything on divine crusader other than "Bane of Undeath, Confront Any Foe, and Endless Turning have been moved from Unyielding Sentinel to the Divine Crusader epic destiny."

Will crusader be out, and if it's not, how will i be twisting bane of undeath?

Nayo
04-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-21-patch-1-release-notes) are published.

Fixing music of the dead? Yay! Thank you. :) That will help with those pesky dwarven skellies.

Nestroy
04-07-2014, 08:26 AM

Thank you!

Hiponic
04-07-2014, 08:26 AM
..hmm Well.. Thanks for fixing what you did.. Ill be curious to see if any lag issues were fixed in haunted halls ... doesnt seem like it tho..

My favorite fix was. "Trading cards can no longer be put in AH"... not like anybody was cause we never could search for them ..

Oh and MAJOR thanks for making the shadow effect less intense.. I was just complaining about that on my repeater.. Kinda of sucked when it blacked out enemies.. but cool beans.

I didnt really care about the Akami. . but im sure all them people ranting about it for weeks now appreciate it.

moomooprincess
04-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Shouldn't server downtime be done by now?

Can't upload the new patch, DDO Launcher keeps saying "server connection timed out"

Telling time is hard.

As I write this, 26 minutes to go until they have to extend.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140407T10&p0=43&msg=Server+Uptime&csz=1

Hiponic
04-07-2014, 08:35 AM
Telling time is hard.

As I write this, 26 minutes to go until they have to extend.

it is shocking how many people dont know how to tell time and do this EVERY down time lol..

Theres like 20 time converters.... GOOGLE IT

Maybe DDO Wikki should have a down time time converter.. ha

Nestroy
04-07-2014, 08:37 AM
it is shocking how many people dont know how to tell time and do this EVERY down time lol..

Theres like 20 time converters.... GOOGLE IT

Maybe DDO Wikki should have a down time time converter.. ha

I am still of the opinion, somebody of our script masters should send Cordovan a worldtime signature board for including into his signature - for all those not able to look this up themsefls ^^.

Cordovan
04-07-2014, 08:41 AM
The game worlds have reopened! Thanks, and we'll see you in-game!

FAQ
04-07-2014, 08:41 AM
From release notes:

"The environmental lighting effect from Lantern Archons has been removed due to the lighting effect's potential to impact game performance."

Rainbow in the Dark just got a bit darker. You just killed the only reason one would ever summon it. Just joking :)

Nestroy
04-07-2014, 08:42 AM
The game worlds have reopened! Thanks, and we'll see you in-game!

Thank you, and in advance of time!

Docgem
04-07-2014, 08:56 AM

Ok, I get that you need to put all the items into the bag to move them around your account, but then shouldn't the bag be able to hold 14 different items instead of 12? Right now there is not enough space in the bags to hold the 14 different items that exist that can go into the bag.

Just saying this is really something the DEV's should have noticed and thought about.

Nédime
04-07-2014, 09:20 AM
From release notes:

"The environmental lighting effect from Lantern Archons has been removed due to the lighting effect's potential to impact game performance."

Rainbow in the Dark just got a bit darker. You just killed the only reason one would ever summon it. Just joking :)

Lol. I thought exactly that when I read it !

Hum another Akamai EULA (I unistalled it during downtime) ???

b3h0ld3r
04-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Edited : Nevermind :P

Cordovan
04-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Sad to see that the old Libram's are not updated with the new patch.

It is very nice to know how developer mistakes affect the players. If it's not possible to change the existing ones (I understand that), you should make a way (like the stormreaver monument) to update the old with the new ones.

Well, it is not our fault, dont you think?.

The funny thing is how they changed this :

For this on the official notes :

I guess they would have a initial plan for those Libram's, but, left on the 'To-do' pile.

Are you saying that the existing Librams were not changed with the update? They should be. The Lamannia-specific note was just that, Lamannia-specific for that particular build for Lamannia.

Drwaz99
04-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Are you saying that the existing Librams were not changed with the update? They should be. The Lamannia-specific note was just that, Lamannia-specific for that particular build for Lamannia.

They weren't fixed. There's another thread about it with Steelstar responding.

dunklezhan
04-07-2014, 09:54 AM
From release notes:

"Music of the Sewers, Music of the Makers, and Music of the Dead now have their appropriate saving throws, durations, and functionality".

From Known Issues:

"The DC for the Music of the Dead, Music of the Makers, and Music of the Sewers enhancements are not scaling properly, which is making it too easy for monsters in higher-level content to save against their effects."

So... do they have their appropriate saving throws or not?

...Is the fact that the order is reversed in the Known Issues significant? *tinfoil hat*