PDA

View Full Version : Eliminate multimple Awesomium Process instances

adam1oftheround
04-04-2014, 10:30 AM
I started to get lag, I went to control panel, I saw 15 open processes all with the same name of Awesomium. They were opened by DDO. Why does this process need so many instances on my computer? What purpose does it serve on DDO?

When playing DDO since this last update, it is running a sub routine called Awesomium Process. This is an in game messaging system according to internet reports, but it has been opening several instances on the same computer and not shutting down on log out. So I am ending up with several instances of this process running in the background and using up drive space.

Can we eliminate the multiple instances of this process to allow all players to have faster computers that are not bogged down with multiple instances of the same process?

adam1oftheround
04-04-2014, 10:35 AM
When using the Windows Task Manager, it is not possible to simply end task, you must click each separate instance of Awesomium and select End Process Tree for each one. This will reduce lag and prevent your computer from locking up or crashing. The only other way to eliminate them easily and without the need to end process tree on each instance, is to restart computer.