PDA

View Full Version : Pure 20 sorcerer, max crit chance (air savant)

Vanhooger
04-03-2014, 09:24 AM
It's few day that I'm thinking on maxing out my spell crit so that is the brakdown:

Magical Training +5%
Mental Toughness +1%
Improved Mental Toughness +1%
Epic Mental Toughness +1%
Elemental Apotheosis +2%
Spell critical enhancements +8%
Wyrm-wrought staff +22%
Wyrm-wrought exceptional +2%
Energy Criticals +9%
-------------------------------
51% critical chance on electric spell

Am I missing something?

ToD set stack?

Wizza
04-04-2014, 07:38 AM
ToD set stacks for a 2% more so that is 53%.

Also, Divine Crusader has an enhancement that gives you up to 10% Universal Spell critical chance (you gotta use Fire/Light/Healing Spells to get this) for a total max of 63%.

Vanhooger
04-04-2014, 07:42 AM
ToD set stacks for a 2% more so that is 53%.

Also, Divine Crusader has an enhancement that gives you up to 10% Universal Spell critical chance (you gotta use Fire/Light/Healing Spells to get this) for a total max of 63%.

Omg, my second element is fire, that's awesome!

Azarddoze
04-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Omg, my second element is fire, that's awesome!

I don't know if the term "disminishing return" can be use in this case but, while I understand dreaming about max crit is a fun thing, going for it isn't really effective. What happens is, once you hit a certain %, you will need more and more compromises to get it as high as possible while those extra % won't really make much of a difference.

Don't get me wrong, it will up your DPS but not as much as if you would opt for a balance in between, say, crit and spell power.

That being said, I think it's fun to theory craft and play around with different things. It's just that in term of being effective, maxing crit usually isn't a good idea (unless you could hit nearly 100% without putting all your eggs in the same basket).

Vanhooger
04-05-2014, 02:23 PM
I don't know if the term "disminishing return" can be use in this case but, while I understand dreaming about max crit is a fun thing, going for it isn't really effective. What happens is, once you hit a certain %, you will need more and more compromises to get it as high as possible while those extra % won't really make much of a difference.

Don't get me wrong, it will up your DPS but not as much as if you would opt for a balance in between, say, crit and spell power.

That being said, I think it's fun to theory craft and play around with different things. It's just that in term of being effective, maxing crit usually isn't a good idea (unless you could hit nearly 100% without putting all your eggs in the same basket).
As for now I have 480 spell power and 46% crit! just cos I miss t3 thunder forged stick. I think is's quite balanced