PDA

View Full Version : Healgolem's build - saves with light damage FVS16/MNK2/PALI2

goldgolem
04-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Edit: added new damage weapon set and updated improved numbers and taking into account new ship buffs

These are notes mostly for me but may help you. I would love any feedback on boosting my saves.

If this is interesting, you should read ghoststriker's build and the novasoul build as this is based mostly on theirs
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/435732-Ghostriker-s-build
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/386134-NovaSoul-(a-light-based-epic-FVS-build)

Goals
1 Stay alive while soloing EE
2 Do a lot of light damage
3 Heal (a distant 3rd place)

I played a necro FVS 20 for many years which led kill counts in everything. With the new dragon raids I felt I need more saves so I tried FVS18/MNK2 which was useless - having evasion without high save numbers is no benefit.

So I tried Ghost's base 16/2/2 which gives great save boost via Pali and evasion via Monk while keeping a lot of light damage. His numbers didn't add up for me and so I built more towards saves where he built more towards HP and SP

I have two states I can self buff and maintain based on being in:
Ocean stance: saves 79/91/72, PRR 46 (24%), dodge 24%, fort 145%, AC 89, HP 878, SP 2925
Mount stance: saves 76/85/65, PRR 76 (35%), dodge 20%, fort 145%, AC 102, HP 934, SP 2903

Resistances - 60, 70, 70, 72, 60

Base stats - standing stats
9 - 26
14 - 37
16 - 42
11 - 15
8 - 24
25 - 58 (all lvl ups)

+4 tomes across the board except for wis +5, cha +5, +5 dex. Rolling again, I would have swapped Dex to 16 and Con to 14

TR
3fvs, 3 sorc, 1 wiz, clr past lives.

ETR
2x Colours of the queen (extra damage) and 2 x Power over life and death (extra positive power)

Feats
max, emp, quicken, evoc, greater evoc, all the monk Forms, Wiz past life

Epic Feats
Epic light SP, Elusive target (5% to ignore a hit), Epic Reflex (no fail on a 1, the most important feat), epic SF Evoc

Twists
Running in Exalted Angel, twisting Unearthly Reactions (+6 dex saves), Lithe (+6 dex saves), rejuvenation cocoon

Items
Head: Sages skull cap (redundant and can be replaced)
Neck: Upgraded necklace of mystic eidolons (+4 exceptional Con & Dex, deathblock, ghostly. +2 evoc Aug slotted)
Trinket: Planar Focus +3 exceptional CHA
Cloak: green Steel con opp
Belt: +9 con, false life 50
Gloves: STR 10, dodge 9% (need some STR to make sure your carry is always light for monk stances to work)
Boots: EH Treads of falling shadow (striding 30, dex 7, insightful Dex 3, ghostly - using it just for striding)
Bracers: Dumathoins (45 resists, 30 PRR, Dex 11)
Robe: Upgraded Shadowscale (deathblock, fort 130, ghostly, +1 spell dcs, blue + green slots (slotted +2 luck))
Ring: Upgraded lantern ring with globe of imperial blood
Ring: Ward token with topaz of power +250

Heals come from a mishmash of spells but works very well
Cocoon, renewal, 2 lay on hands, unyeilding sovereignty, heal, divine wrath

Some things I like:
Huge CHA means no failing all the scrolls you care about - invis, GH, teleport & greater teleport. I maxed out my UMD each level which turned out to be a waste as I am way over the amount of UMD I need

Notes:
When damaging: Use Libram of Silver Magic +11 Cha with a Thunderforged Kama with Evoc +6 and Radiance +150 = 385 light spell power
When needing saves: Use Twilight to be able to maintain Monk stances = 349 light spell power

I use Yugo pots - DEX, CHA, CON
+10 dodge instead instead of +9 would cap my dodge in Ocean stance
Be careful! Only Lawful Good works for this combo of classes
When you go into Angel form you get +2 CHA but this is not in the text description - so +1 to saves

Cardtrick
04-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Thanks for posting this -- it's another interesting look at a light nuking divine. I've got an old first-life melee warforged favored soul sitting around, and he's gradually become more and more gimped, to the point that I just don't enjoy playing the build. I want to TR him a couple of times quickly and wind up with a light based divine to sit at cap while I (ever so slowly) work toward completionist on my main character. Now definitely seems like the time to do it with the upcoming Exalted Angel change.

So I've been looking deeply at all the light based nuking threads and I appreciate all the various perspectives.

Any past lives help me with saves? (I don't plan to do any)

Sure -- one of each! (Getting +1 to all saves is totally worth the heroic completionist grind, yeah?)

Any Epic past lives help me with saves? (I plan to do them all)

Just the 3 divine "Brace" past lives -- + 1 to all saves stacking 3 times. Prevents using the Power Over Life and Death divine stance you say you already have 2 of, though. Although see below for another comment about that.

And I guess, arguably, Epic Completionist -- since it opens up another twist slot, which you can use for saves.

Feats are tight as are Enhancement points - any benefit to going Morninglord?

I have tried and tried to put together a Morninglord version of this class split, and I can't decide. I keep feeling like I'm losing more in survivability/flexibility by spending the APs in the Morninglord tree than I gain in damage, and the missing feat is especially hard to deal with. The Sunburst SLA is nice, though, and there's up to +30 light spellpower. And the spellpoints from Arcanum/Feywild Tap are useful. I'm pretty torn.

One thing to consider, if you really want to build for this, is that the Sun Elf Iconic Past Life Stance is quite nice for this build -- +10 to light and alignment spellpower, stacking up to 3 times. (And there's a passive +3 to Positive spellpower, also stacking up to 3 times.)

I mention this in particular, because of this quote:

2 x Power over life and death (extra light power)

Unless I'm really confused, Power Over Life and Death is giving you a bonus to positive spellpower, not light spellpower. I think the only epic past life that directly improves light power is the Sun Elf iconic life.

SirValentine
04-02-2014, 05:34 PM
ETR
2x Colours of the queen (extra damage) and 2 x Power over life and death (extra light power)

I thought Power over Life and Death gave Postive/Negative spell power. It gives Light spell power?

I'd have thought Brace would be higher on your list for a survivalist build.

Questions I would like to find out:
Any past lives help me with saves? (I don't plan to do any)

Rogue versus traps only. Bard versus Enchantment/Illusion only.

Any Epic past lives help me with saves? (I plan to do them all)

Brace.

Feats are tight as are Enhancement points - any benefit to going Morninglord?

Would aggravate the feat issue, losing the Human bonus feat...wait, did you say what race you were? Morninglord has some nice looking stuff for Light-nuking, but that would aggravate your Enhancement issue.

Do you have a +Evoc DC item and augment slotted? If so great.

But if not, it doesn't make much sense to me to skip out on 7 or 8 DC from a just gear slot plus an augment slot, and at the same time spend 3 feats slots to get 3 DC.

goldgolem
04-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Yup positive/negative, not light. Cheers for the catch

goldgolem
04-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Do you have a +Evoc DC item and augment slotted? If so great.

But if not, it doesn't make much sense to me to skip out on 7 or 8 DC from a just gear slot plus an augment slot

I use Twilight which has evoc +3, I am crafting a kama for evoc +6. I do need to grab a evoc aug!

The past lives where from before the latest raids when I was fvs 20, different kettle of fish altogether ^^

goldgolem
06-26-2014, 08:41 AM
Just updating this for people looking for builds - I am also playing a pure morninglord cleric with max evoc for light damage and its both boring and sucks compared to this FVS build

I cheesed through solo EE Prove Your Worth with this build without paying any attention

Miow
06-26-2014, 08:54 AM
I think they are looking at changing Divine Grace this will probably affect the saves on this build tremendously.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/443355-Paladin-Changes?highlight=Divine+Grace

Simraline
02-01-2015, 05:33 PM
Probably a silly question but why do you need evok feats?

Thank you.